JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Toddle - Sack Dress

Author Topic: [02/28] 「 ☆☆☆ (Mitsuboshi (みつぼし) 」 Tsukushima Kirari starring Kusumi Koharu 1st Album  (Read 30198 times)

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
Quote from: aedon;268756
Why isn't it called Kusumi Koharu starring Kirarin then? You made such a big deal of it, it wasn't meant to sound all mean, even if I used the tama smiley :lol: It's like spelling romaji with n for me... anyhow, forget it, I lose.

So, I hope first press bonus will be something nice <3

Koharu \o/

I don't think any of us know what you're babbling about at this point. :lol:

Anyways, I'll be looking forward to listening to this, as her singles have been some of the best to come out of H!P for a while.

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
YES! I was wondering when this would be out.
Since it's targeted at kids I hope it comes with something fun. It's Koharu after all and she's the cutest little star :MKlove2:

Offline aedon

• Member+
Quote from: StreakInTheSky;269516
I don't think any of us know what you're babbling about at this point. :lol:

Not everyone goes to irc, ya know, don't ruin my serious postwhore reputation :tama-mad:
Kusssumi! Kusssumi! \o/

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super Fab Imouto II Turbo
im prolly the only Koha fan who would like for her to slowly start moving away from this Kirari thing...

i mean, now they've grounded that Koha -can- make it solo, so now, i guess, presenting her true solo debut w/o the anime-tie-in is needed. :P

i'll buy this album anyways..

シャイニーくももかがやくよKY PP FCpixiv@hibachifinal

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
^I'd like to see her with a true solo career as well, but for the time being, I'm really happy about her work for Kirarin Revolution. I'm worried that Tsunku will wait until she's older and see that she has a sexy image. Or maybe the public won't support her any more :o My fears are probably unfounded but you never know these days.
rina ♥ mini

Offline Linus

• Member+
Kirarin-being is just a plus. It's still her body and her voice. Is Sawajiri Erika less Erika for releasing under Kaoru Amane name? No, it's just a wise attachment. People know where she works and know her name and who is she. Same with Koha. It's gonna be her new songs. Her official debut. Enjoy! :)

Offline reyfer

• Member+
  • Sayumin's personal assistant
Quote from: Shaoran;270305
Kirarin-being is just a plus. It's still her body and her voice. Is Sawajiri Erika less Erika for releasing under Kaoru Amane name? No, it's just a wise attachment. People know where she works and know her name and who is she. Same with Koha. It's gonna be her new songs. Her official debut. Enjoy! :)

A friend of mine from Osaka might differ with you. He says that his kids (and that's the target audience here) and their friends looked at him with a "what are you talking about" expression when he asked them about Koharu Kusumi. He has asked other kids who bought the "Balalaika" single, and they all say that they are buying Kirari's song... only two of them recognized the Koharu name, and it turns out their older brothers are MM fans :(

Offline Jaci85

• Member+
Quote from: reyfer;270347
A friend of mine from Osaka might differ with you. He says that his kids (and that's the target audience here) and their friends looked at him with a "what are you talking about" expression when he asked them about Koharu Kusumi. He has asked other kids who bought the "Balalaika" single, and they all say that they are buying Kirari's song... only two of them recognized the Koharu name, and it turns out their older brothers are MM fans :(

Well it doesn't help that they are always calling her "Kirari-chan" instead of Koharu on OhaStar and she talks in Kirari's voice when she appears. Whenever she promotes it she stays in character and there's little association between her and Koharu. I imagine that children might be more familiar with her as the character than as a memeber of MM after all of the confusion.

As long as the anime is out (and story lines don't run out), I think it could be a long time before she's not Kirari anymore. At least until she grows out of it.

Offline Linus

• Member+
She's more recognized for her anime name. I saw it coming...
:MKsniffle:

Well I think Balalaika is a song that many people liked, not just kids. I mean, when we were kids, and something was in, we wanted it inmediatly, right? It wasn't the same feel to get that thing on the release week, or one later, or two later, etc. And yet Balalaika's still on the charts eleven weeks later! And another thing to keep in mind: Balalaika's #1 on karaokes, and it's not like kids get drunk and go to karaokes XD So I think there's the chance that this song sells to elder people who are starting to notice it. Let's recognize Balalaika's one of the best songs of H!P this year.

For what you say, reyfer, a release under her real name wouldn't have the same effect. Unless the song would be awesome (like Sakuranbo, for example) and there would be a big promotion (top-rated dorama, f.e). After all, we know she's not the fav of the mo-wota. So I agree she should keep the Kirari tie-in a little bit more. For how long? We already have two singles and this album-to-be. Maybe the series ends :(

Offline aedon

• Member+
What's in a name? They still recognize her face :P Of course it'd be better if people would notice herself under the Kirari mask, but for now it's not that bad after all. I assume Momosu don't gain that many new fans after all? :/

oh, btw, the limited edition bonus is a card for arcade machines (to get a rare item, CDJapan claims), so that should help the sales too ^^;

1900th post dedicated to Kohahime \o/

Offline ShoujoHino

• ecchi
  • Member+
<3<3<3<3 Koha!!!!!!!! and Kirarin!
I played the game in Akihabara. The girls around the machine gave me the weirdest look when I approached the machine with my best happiest-little-kid-in-the-world shocked face and put my 100 yen in XD
And then last night, the bar me and my fiance had a vodka-orange cocktail called the Balalaika XD XD I had one.
My letter is read on DokiMiki Night!!!!
http://bit.ly/1Ck34YC

Okitegami Karaoke Contest!

Offline i.Love.Music

There was a list on JPM saying album has a-sides and c/w of hers. But it comes from a place people did not trust because it was mistaken other times, so I'm not copying it. I just hope it's a lie because the list had (if I remember correctly) two songs from the anime ost, balalaika and c/w, and koikana and c/w.

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
on cdjapan it says this
First full-length album from Koharu Kusumi as Kirari Tsukushima. Includes the singles "Koi Kana," "Balalaika," series intro and outro themes, and new songs. Limited editino includes "Happy Idol Lfe Kurikira" card which can be used with Atlus Co. brand arcade machines to get a rare original item!

so yeah it does have those  singles completely but also new stuff.  I didn't get the singles so I'll be happy! ^_^

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline i.Love.Music

That list said 10 songs in total. If four are taken by a-sides and c/w, and two by the already released songs in album ost, that leaves only four new songs. That's why I hope the list is wrong, which is what many people thought at the other boards.

Look who wins over Ayu's two best albums on the pre-orders
#1 Mr.Children
#2 Kusumi Koharu
#3 Ayumi Hamasaki

http://www.7andy.jp/cd/rank/jpop/-/ctgy/jpop/disc/2

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+
HA! That's awesome. Take that all you well respected artists, Koharu is here to steal all your lunch money

Offline DroolBoy

• ~PingMoogSev (PMS) Fan~
  • Member+
Quote from: i.Love.Music;280504
That list said 10 songs in total. If four are taken by a-sides and c/w, and two by the already released songs in album ost, that leaves only four new songs. That's why I hope the list is wrong, which is what many people thought at the other boards.

Look who wins over Ayu's two best albums on the pre-orders
#1 Mr.Children
#2 Kusumi Koharu
#3 Ayumi Hamasaki

http://www.7andy.jp/cd/rank/jpop/-/ctgy/jpop/disc/2

It's a daily thing most likely. I think most people who buy Ayu do it from like Neowing or Amazon anyway.

The title: 『☆☆☆』

http://tvstation.jp/special/artist/morning/morning.html

I wonder what we'll call it..
she's my fire, my desire...

Offline aedon

• Member+
Quote from: DroolBoy;281083
It's a daily thing most likely. I think most people who buy Ayu do it from like Neowing or Amazon anyway.

The title: 『☆☆☆』

http://tvstation.jp/special/artist/morning/morning.html

I wonder what we'll call it..

Yeah it's a daily chart. I couldn't even find Koharu's album on HMV pre-order chart for example. She's #13 on CDJapan's limited edition albums chart though:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/jpop/cd/top_limited.html

But what kinda lame title is it, how do you even pronounce it, hoshi x3? "Mommy, hoshihoshihoshi ga hoshii"? I hope it's a rumor -_-;

Offline i.Love.Music

It's like they are trying to state that she is a star. Star star star! XD

TVSTATION is always right...

Offline ShoujoHino

• ecchi
  • Member+
see, that just shows what a miracle she is. Her album title could just be 3 stars with no clear meaning or pronunciation and it still is beating Ayu's. XDXD
My letter is read on DokiMiki Night!!!!
http://bit.ly/1Ck34YC

Okitegami Karaoke Contest!

Offline Koolmon93

• Member+
  • Karaoke is srs bznz.
So I guess we'll use these? ***?

*Set by Gypchan*

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Toddle - Sack Dress