JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - Alterna

Author Topic: (Group) Big Bang (빅뱅)  (Read 114998 times)

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
Re: (Group) Big Bang (빅뱅)
« Reply #340 on: September 14, 2012, 05:37:17 AM »
I was just trolling but I was basically emphasizing the moving on from one scandal to the next scandal. Seungri's the newest one while T-ara's was last month and don't forget before that was the Nickhun DUI. And while all 3 are very different there seems to be a double standard as to peoples' reactions to them. Nickhun's probably has the most legal issues that could've resulted in jailtime or community service yet his scandal was seemingly shrugged off. T-ara's bullying, while very disappointing was never confirmed nor denied so we are left to believe what we want to believe, and for most  a lot believe the worst. Now Seungri's case, while there was no crime involved, there are some photographic "evidence" to show that there was some involvement and all the details (no matter how TMI) are up to us whether to believe. Yet, despite that everyone seems to shrug this off as well. So yeah...I hope everything turns out ok, it sucks that it happen but people will keep talking about it (or dismiss it) until the next scandal comes up.

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #341 on: September 14, 2012, 07:52:31 AM »
Yeah, I think any T-ara references were probably due to the fact that they were the current big scandal in Kpop, and seeing how we're fans of T-ara, we're optimistic about being able to hand off the negative attention to a different group :lol:

Any other references, to my understanding, were just general observations about the slight hypocrisy involved when people who so easily assumed the worst for the T-ara (and continued to assume the worst even as the story developed) would be quick to dismiss Seungri's scandal primarily because they are fans. I'm sure there are people out there who accused T-ara supporters of believing everything the company says and being delusional who will swear by the first excuse they hear for this scandal and conclude that there is no clear evidence of wrongdoing, so there is no scandal and it's one big [edit: apparently my phone ate this part of my sentence while I was typing and looking at it today, I have no idea what I was going to say here...? :lol:].

There are many who adopted a "guilty unless proven innocent" mentality with T-ara who will be quick to consider Seungri "innocent until proven guilty" and deny everything. Of course, it's a hard case for me to argue, considering that I myself don't think he did anything particularly WRONG, and the two cases are indeed different, but I'm more so just making observations on people's reactions and reasoning.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 10:01:25 PM by DioBrando »
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #342 on: September 14, 2012, 05:44:22 PM »
Yeah, k-pop sure has a variety of scandals  :lol:  All the japanese idol scandals I remember had to do only with dating or smoking. That was it. K-pop scandals are so much more complicated it seems XD

I too hope, for the sake of all you dedicated T-ara fans, that their scandal disappears soon enough if they truly are not bullies and all that. No one deserves to have their hard work go to waste just for petty misunderstandings.

I'm not surprised at all that Nichkhun's case was sorta shrugged off by fans, considering that it was an accident and he then disappeared from the public eye to minimize damage lol And as unfair as it may be, I bet the T-ara scandal helped take attention away from him. But all in all, I gotta go back to the same point as in Seungri's case, that in the eyes of fans their "scandals" may not be the type of thing that completely changes your image of the person. Yeah, Nichkhun was irresponsible for drinking and driving. But it doesn't make him suddenly seem like this evil person that fooled us all with his innocent image. It's just unfortunate that he acted so stupidly that night and he'll have to pay the legal consequences for that. Seungri was also stupid knowing the possible consequences of his actions. But again, doing stuff with a girl or not being sweet in bed doesn't indicate he's a bad person nor necessarily change the image BB fans had of him. I think the T-ara scandal got out of control, compared to all others, because (1) the tweets made by themselves made them look like bitches (even if it was a misunderstanding, you know that's how it looked), (2) Hwayoung's tweets also made it look like she was indeed a victim and (3) CCM's lies and countless idiotic actions. It might have all been a HUGE misunderstanding, but you know it had such an impact on their image that even some of you guys were thinking you may not be able to support them anymore. Luckily, things started looking better and the hope and faith in them was renewed for you all, but unfortunately not for everyone out there. But yeah, all in all, the T-ara thing is such a complicated emotional issue >_<  I hope the early come back works out well for them, but i wonder if waiting would've been better, to give a chance for ppl to forget about the issue. Well, hopefully Seungri will be for T-ara what T-ara was for Nichkhun XD
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 05:51:10 PM by Rei-chan »

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #343 on: September 14, 2012, 06:23:34 PM »
The thing is, a lot of the people still hating on T-ara are not/never were fans. Initially, like you said, T-ara fans were probably worried that the group members were not the kind of people we thought they were. If anyone was conflicted with who to believe, it was probably because both sides (Hwayoung vs the others) were part of the same group that we loved. It's usually easier to empathize with the victim, so a lot of fans not only felt negatively towards T-ara, but more importantly they felt bad for Hwayoung. Eventually, though, because we are fans, we try to assume the best and are likely fickle as hell when it comes to being convinced they did no wrong. Non-fans though, they don't care. They won't understand why we'd assume they were innocent and they would still view everything negatively.

I completely understand what you're saying though, I know enough about Big Bang to know this isn't some kind of huge 180 degree shift in what people thought Seungri was like XD. What I'm saying, though, is that basically haters gonna hate. The same way T-ara fans might say "actually they seemed pretty close when you watch more footage, I don't think Hwayoung was bullied" and non-fans will say "YEAH RIGHT BULLSHIT THEY'RE ALL BITCHES", Big Bang fans will defend their group--and regardless of whether or not it's actually a huge departure from what people thought they were like, people are either denying it or defending it, because others that don't know Big Bang or don't care are going to use this to try to bring them down. For Big Bang fans it's not a big deal, just like how for T-ara fans the bullying scandal is no longer a big deal. It's not really a comparison of the two scandals or the kind of damage the scandal does to the group, it's more just upset T-ara fans assuming some  Big Bang fans were condemning T-ara and going "OH, So when YOUR group is in a problem you just brush it off and say that's just what they're like or that it's a lie and not a big deal, but when we try to defend T-ara you say we're delusional, gullible, and support bitches?!" Because, let's not forget, the primary purpose of any group affiliation in kpop is to shit on every other group to defend the honor of your own :lol:

That said, this scandal doesn't seem like a big deal at all and I wouldn't be surprised if we've heard the last of it and no one even cares anymore :lol: It'd probably take more than a guy having sex (OH GOD NO ANYTHING BUT THAT!) to get all that negative attention away from T-ara XD

lmfao...
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #344 on: September 14, 2012, 09:37:32 PM »
^ LOL! XD

His fans are already trying to come to the rescue:

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/09/big-bang-fans-step-up-to-argue-seungris-photos-were-manipulated

The fact that YG hasn't said anything yet makes it seem like it really is Seungri in the pic and they don't have anything to deny though. XD  What can he say to the public anyway? "Sorry I wasn't a tender caring loverrr~"? I apologize for only giving her a towel and no kissies? XD 

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #345 on: September 14, 2012, 11:07:58 PM »
^^OMG, and that isn't a photoshopped picture of him throwing the towel huh? XD There's just really no way to describe that situation in any nice kind of way. How embarrassing.  :sweatdrop: I've seen other Tumblr jokes floating around and can't help but find them hilarious. There's one about Seungri's fans called "Towelettes" and one that says "50 Shades of Seungri" LOL Oh this is terrible...

LOL there goes the whole "it's fake/photoshopped!" phase. :P

This whole situation reminds me of Seungri's line in "Fantastic Baby"

Um no, that's ok :pig refuse: XD

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #346 on: September 15, 2012, 01:26:53 AM »
^ LOL with all that, at least it makes the situation seem more funny than gross, as I originally saw it when I read the nasty unwanted details. I'm so happy I'm not him, I mean, even his family will know about this. I'd prefer to have a smoking/drinking/dating/bullying scandal (I wouldn't bully anyone, just sayin') just because of how grossly embarassing his scandal's details are.  :sweatdrop:

Hmm I'm a Big Bang fan in general, and GD is my favorite. But Seungri was my favorite when I first got into BB, so does that make me an ex-Towelette? :rofl:

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #347 on: September 15, 2012, 04:40:01 AM »
Ew, ex-Towelette sounds "used". XD

I know right? I'd rather have people know that I have a drug problem (I don't! lol) than have them know about my crazy sex life (I don't! or do I? lol jk jk :P).

Had this been an Edison Chen type sex scandal then we can point the finger and say shame on him, he should know better. Eh, I tried to find more tumblr jokes about this but now I'm seeing people calling themselves Towelettes and wanting to be choked by him  :huhuh I think I'm seeing the other side of the fandom that actually likes that stuff, it's like fanfiction coming to life for them.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #348 on: September 15, 2012, 06:52:54 AM »
Ew, ex-Towelette sounds "used". XD

:rofl:  Now that you mention it... ehh yeah. I shall not call myself an ex-towelette ever again XD

Ooooh he's about to throw a big one!

Poor guy may just be sexually curious

After all,

XD

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #349 on: September 17, 2012, 01:19:30 PM »
He fucked a groupie, one of the perks of being a rockstar :V

Poor guy may just be sexually curious

It's taeyang, who wouldn't be >.>

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #350 on: September 18, 2012, 03:40:05 PM »
8)

Seungri seems to be having a REALLY good time in Japan  :yep:  Now he's been "caught" being super friendly with japanese model Anna Kubo:

See full article and pics @ allkpop

Pictures really overemphasize things and makes it seem more of a big deal than it probably is... In the pics they make you think he's "canoodling" "like lovers", as they put it in the sensationalist article. But to me the video just looks like a bunch of friends hanging out, partying, and probably drinking, which often causes girls to become all lovey dovey with their male friends lol  The video just shows the girl looking tipsy and getting all cuddly with him. That doesn't really say much to me as a lot of people act like that after a night out partying lol

EDIT: YG has released a statement about this:

YG Entertainment has released an official statement regarding Big Bang‘s Seungri and his relationship to Anna Kubo, who he was recently photographed with in Hong Kong.

The agency stated: “It’s not a scandal,” dismissing rumors of a relationship between Seungri and the Japanese model and actress. The two ‘The Files of Young Kindaichi: Hong Kong Kowloon Treasure Murder Case‘ co-stars were seen acting intimate at a gathering after a late-night filming session for the Japanese drama.

There are now reports saying that Anna Kubo kissed Seungri when he had his head turned, and that the Big Bang member was simply sending off the drunk actress in a taxi.

YG further stated, “Nothing amounting to a scandal has occurred.”

Source: Star News via Nate
Tip: Naihaan

Yeah, that's just what it looked like. Keep on going, nothing to see here.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 05:15:31 PM by Rei-chan »

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #351 on: September 18, 2012, 10:35:21 PM »
Well I was gonna say it's been quiet but I spoke too soon. :P It says it was in Hong Kong, but tisk Seungri and J-girls. :roll: Surprised YG hasn't made a statement about the previous scandal, but they certainly know how to make statements about their artists properly.

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #352 on: September 20, 2012, 09:41:01 AM »
Poor Seungri can't catch a break XD

If this keeps up, YG may very well have to just throw in the towel. Amirite? Get it? Because...the...towel...I'll shut up now.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #353 on: September 21, 2012, 01:33:26 AM »
Token T-ara fanboiqueenieforlyfe checking in. I know it's SO after the fact but reading the last 2 pages really brought back some memories hahaha.

I love k-pop. and towels.

... If the towel don't fit, you must acquit?

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #354 on: September 21, 2012, 02:10:32 AM »
Got an e-mail notification saying that tickets for the NJ concert are gonna be on sale this Saturday.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/02004933992E542E?c=EML_LN_19981&camefrom=EMLN_19981

Who's planning on going?

Offline KittySnack

• Forever Alone
« Reply #355 on: September 21, 2012, 02:52:22 AM »
I do! :D

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #356 on: September 21, 2012, 03:56:19 PM »
Meeeeeeeeeeeee! Any code yet for presales today?

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #357 on: September 21, 2012, 05:40:39 PM »
Just checked in on Live Nation's Facebook page. Looks like there won't be a pre-sale for either the Newark concert and the Anaheim concert.  :(

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #358 on: September 21, 2012, 07:04:31 PM »
Yeah I kept checking  and logged in an everything. Nada. Oh well.

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #359 on: November 22, 2012, 01:31:38 AM »
I posted my pictures and videos from the BB concert on their last night in NJ.  FANTASTIC BABY

https://plus.google.com/photos/104439571513972551956/albums/5810479924737935489

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - Alterna