JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Euphoria - Melting Into Einstein`s Brain

Author Topic: Morning Musume 15th Anniversary Debut Concert Tour Fall 2012 ~Colorful Character  (Read 6334 times)

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
  • Offence is taken, not given
Source: http://www.helloproject.com/event/1206081100_live_musume.html

モーニング娘。誕生15周年記念コンサートツアー2012秋 ~ カラフルキャラクター ~

01. 9月15日 (土) ハーモニーホール座間 大ホール (神奈川) 14:00 15:00
02. 9月16日 (日) ハーモニーホール座間 大ホール (神奈川) 17:30 18:00
03. 9月22日 (土) 周南市文化会館  (山口) 14:30 15:30
04. 9月22日 (土) 周南市文化会館  (山口) 18:00 19:00
05. 9月23日 (日) 福岡市民会館 (福岡) 14:00 15:00
06. 9月23日 (日) 福岡市民会館 (福岡) 17:30 18:30
07. 9月30日 (日) 仙台市民会館 大ホール (宮城) 14:00 15:00
08. 9月30日 (日) 仙台市民会館 大ホール (宮城) 17:30 18:30
09. 10月7日 (日) 中野サンプラザ (東京) 14:30 15:30
10. 10月7日 (日) 中野サンプラザ (東京) 18:00 19:00
11. 10月8日 (月祝) 中野サンプラザ (東京) 13:30 14:30
12. 10月8日 (月祝) 中野サンプラザ (東京) 17:00 18:00
13. 10月13日 (土) オリンパスホール八王子 (東京) 14:00 15:00
14. 10月13日 (土) オリンパスホール八王子 (東京) 17:30 18:30
15. 10月14日 (日) 川口リリアメインホール (埼玉) 14:30 15:30
16. 10月14日 (日) 川口リリアメインホール (埼玉) 18:00 19:00

Morning Musume died on December 15 2010 RIP ● S/mileage died on August 27 2011 RIP

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
More dates added, extending the tour until November!

http://www.helloproject.com/event/1206081100_live_musume.html
rina ♥ mini

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
Full schedule typed out for quick reference  :P

Large Harmony Hall (Kanagawa)
9/15 (15:00 and 18:30)
9/16 (14:30 and 18:00)

Cultural Center (Yamaguchi)
9/22 (15:30 and 19:00)

Fukuoka City Hall (Fukuoka)
9/23 (15:00 and 18:30)

Sendai Shimin Kaikan Hall (Miyagi)
9/30 (15:00 and 18:30)

Nakano Sun Plaza (Tokyo)
10/7 (15:30 and 19:00)
10/8 (14:30 and 18:00)

Hachioji Olympus Hall (Tokyo)
10/13 (15:00 and 18:30)

Kawaguchi Lillia Main Hall (Saitama)
10/14 (15:30 and 19:00)

TOKYO DOME CITY HALL
10/28 (15:30 and 19:00)

Kariya City Cultural Center Main Hall (Aichi)
11/4 (15:00 and 18:30)
rina ♥ mini

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
Logo for the tour

Source: http://ody-inc.com/release/2012/08/morning2012autumn.html

New shows added, extending the tour until December. Makes me wonder if they extended it so 11th gen can participate in the last few shows  :panic:

Nakano Sun Plaza
11/17 (shows at 15:00 and 18:30)
11/18 (shows at 14:30 and 18:00)

NHK Osaka Hall
11/24 (15:00 and 18:30)

Kobe International Hall (Hyogo)
11/25 (14:30 and 18:00)

Aichi Prefectural Art Theatre Great Hall
12/1 (17:00)
12/2 (14:30 and 18:00)

Shizuoka City Cultural Hall
12/15 (15:00 and 18:30)
rina ♥ mini

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
^ You might be onto something there!!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+

Teaser pics of the goods

rina ♥ mini

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
Goods list!

http://www.uf-online.jp/category/SC12/

The jacket looks pretty damn cool (and I love the photos of the members in kigurumi!)
rina ♥ mini

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
Ishida, Fukumura, and Kudo present the concert goods

rina ♥ mini

Offline TommyVD

• ecchi
  • Member+
So it looks like Ishida Ayumi & Kudo Haruka are back in action.
Kudo Haruka still has a support brace but both of them seem set to perform in this tour.
Good news.

Offline Azwraith

I've seen the setlist, & it looks more like a "13 Colorful Character" album tour than a 15th anniversary one

Ok not really that bad, but the oldest song on it is SEXY BOY :(

Is H!P trying to tell us that this "new Morning Musume" is only 6 years old & has zero relational ties with the Morning Musume that did Ai no Tane, Morning Coffee, Summer Night Town, and Daite Hold On Me? :smhid

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
^Let's put it this way, the older songs have been done to death, and will make their return in various concert setlists in the future. I for my part applaud the focus on the newer songs...because it's hard to be in the new Morning Musume when the shadows of their predecessors basically hangs over everything they do. It's not really a bad thing per se, but for me, the point of the album title "Colorful CHARACTER" is to bring out the characters and personalities of CURRENT Momusu members. Which they badly need, to be honest. Japan barely knows who all these new faces are, and they only recognize Sayu mostly...and sometimes Reina.

I love the OG, I really do. I go back and rewatch the old Hello!Mornings all the time. They were funny. They were awesome (and they still are!). But the Momusu now needs to define themselves against the backdrop of such incredible personalities that have graced the group's history. Perhaps as a 15th anniversary concert they should have put in more of the good old standbys, the iconic songs like Love Machine, RR21, The Peace! etc...or as mentioned, the lesser known, old-but-still-good songs like Summer Night Town and Daite Hold On Me etc. But let's face it, every time they do a medley one or more of those songs tend to appear in the past few years. Every single time they appear on national TV (that isn't a purely music variety program), they end up performing Love Machine and oldies like Dekai Uchuu Ai ga Aru. Or RR21. Or...you get the idea. It's hard to balance the setlist to have enough old songs to connect with that incredible 15 year history AND still showcase the new songs. They can only have so many songs in that setlist. XD Not even the wota can last through a nonstop 4 hour concert that manages to cram everything in...and trust me, 2 and a half hours of a normal Momusu concert? Really drains you. I finished like two litres of isotonic drink in one concert. >_> And then I did it all over again for the evening performance. Nuts, I tell you. XD

But yeah. Didn't mean to rant and go into such an extensive word vomit...but I really love the new Morning Musume. I love the old Morning Musume too. I love all the different generations, through the different eras, all in their own special way. All this history, all these personalities, all the years...this is what makes Morning Musume what it is. Members come and go, but the group endures. I realized that when my favorite member left the group. I thought I would not care about the group after she left, but to my surprise, I didn't. I still loved the group. I want to watch how it evolves, even those damn kids make me want to facepalm a lot. Or want to hug them. They are just so green! So adorbs. So much potential. I can't wait to watch them grow up. It's exciting and fun and while I look at the past with nostalgia, I also face forward and look to the future. This is what makes Morning Musume the longest lasting idol group. 15 years! I suppose as long as Tsunku is around, so will they be. XD I look forward to the next 10 years with them. :lol:

/endrant

lmao I really went over the top... ^^;

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Azwraith

It depends: should current Morning Musume be seen as a "continuity since 1997", or just a new, unrelated Morning Musume? (leaving continuity to Dream Morning Musume)
I agree the consensus that RR21 & Love Machine has been done to death but there are other songs from Ai no Tane -Koi wa Hasso Do the Hustle era; are those effectively retired/reserved for Dream Morning Musume only?
And a 15th anniversary concert is STILL a 15th anniversary concert, performing some older favorite works is simply making sense
Besides, I've heard Zukki rockin' I WISH good (especially her on Kago's parts), so it's not an issue of them too new to handle older songs

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
Looking back from time to time is fine. Do it all the time and you fall on your ass.
I'd say that even if the current Morning Musume didn't sing any songs from before 2011, they wouldn't be "unrelated" to the Morning Musume of 1997.
The continuity isn't in the selection of songs they sing, it's a part of their very identity.

Just as a painter's identity isn't defined by their choice of brushes, Morning Musume's identity isn't defined by the songs they sing.
The songs are merely the tools that they use to paint the picture of their performance.
It only makes sense to use the ones that will give the best result.

What is the purpose of an "anniversary" in this context?
Is it to look back at the past and relive it, or is it to celebrate the fact that you've made it this far and are still going strong?
I think it's the latter and I believe the best way to celebrate is to put on the best goddamn show the members are capable of.

Unlike Dream Morning Musume, the real Morning Musume doesn't exist only to perform old songs and make people fondly remember the past.
Morning Musume is a living, growing, evolving thing, and while it possesses a long history, it also deserves to have a present and a future.
While Morning Musume owes its current state to what has happened in the past, what defines it and gives it meaning is what happens next.

--I see. You're turning over a new leaf, huh?

Michishige: Of course, we have to value the things that our seniors taught us, but we shouldn't rely on those alone. I think a part of us depended too much on those. To be sure, the name "Morning Musume" is so great that there's satisfaction in just being accepted into the group, but it's not like that, you know! Although we can say that we've sold 100,000 units, in general, I don't think there's anyone, other than the fans, who knows all of the members' names. On the contrary, I want to treat this as the starting line and build it up from scratch. Now I also want our seniors to look at this new Morning Musume!

--Michishige-san is saying that Morning Musume's true golden era is starting now, right?

Michishige: Being told things like, "During the golden era~" is extremely frustrating. When the current members are singing old songs, we are seen through that lens. I do understand that that is also amazing, though. But still, from the current members' point of view, we also want people to listen to the current songs. When we appear on TV, there have been times when we're still asked to do "LOVE Machine" even though we want to sing songs that we released recently. Of course, we're left with the feeling, "I wish they'd let us sing our current song also, even if just a tiny bit of it." To reduce that frustration, we have no choice but to aim higher, right? So it was with that sentiment that I said, "The golden era is starting now."

tl;dr:
The songs aren't the point, it's the performance.
This isn't the past, so stop pretending it is.
The future is bright and it starts now.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 06:08:50 PM by Slack »
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Nakano Sun Plaza (Tokyo)
10/7 (15:30 and 19:00)
10/8 (14:30 and 18:00)

For some reason Morning Musume wasn't included in the idol event planner I've been using, so I just realized I may have a shot at going to one of these concerts!

TICKETS, HOW, MUST GET ASAP.  :panic: Anyone can help me out?

Secondly, can anybody post the setlist? Gotta study the newer songs. Of course it's fun being surprised, but that becomes irrelevant when you don't know the song anyway. It's more fun to get the know the songs so you don't mess up the chants  :lol:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
If you can't get someone to buy you a ticket before arriving there, here's a ticket reseller's site with a map:
http://www.gorakudoh.co.jp/tenpo-map.htm

Available tickets for Momusu tour in particular:
http://www.gorakudoh.co.jp/cgi-bin/ticket/music/96/

Yes, they're expensive... :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Thanks! Yeah, I already pestered Ayabie with multiple PMs  :nervous  :lol:

I checked that site and at least there are some affordable ones in that list... Must be crappy seats  :oops:

Ooh a map, nice. I hated that shopping street in Harajuku  :nervous Didn't really want to go back, but at least it's for a good cause. I probably walked by it several times without realizing it. Need Babymetal tickets too, so might as well check it out lol.

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
Secondly, can anybody post the setlist? Gotta study the newer songs. Of course it's fun being surprised, but that becomes irrelevant when you don't know the song anyway. It's more fun to get the know the songs so you don't mess up the chants  :lol:

1. One・Two・Three
2. The Matenrou Show
MC
3. What’s Up? Ai wa dou na no yo~
VTR
4. Waratte! YOU / Fukumura, Ikuta, Sayashi, Suzuki, Iikubo, Ishida, Satou, Kudou
5. Watashi no jidai! / Morning Musume Rockys (BD:9ki・10ki)
MC
6. Chikyuu ga naiteru
7. Bravo!
MC (The people doing this varies)
8. Aisaretai no ni… / Morning Musume Qki
9. Seishun domannaka / Morning Musume Tenkigumi
10. Namida hitoshizuku / Tanaka
11. Lalala no Pipipi / Michshige (BD: Kaneko・Murota)
12. Kare to issho ni omiste ga shitai
MC Looking back at concerts corner.
13. ***
14. Medley: Ame no furunai hoshi de wa aisenai darou > Kimagure Princess & Fantasy ga hajimaru Mix > SEXY BOY & I’m Lucky Girl Mix > OK YEAH!
15. Resonant Blue
16. Renai Hunter
17. Dokkan Capriccio
MC
18. Zero kara hajimaru seishun
Encore
19. Wakuteka Take a chance
MC
20. Be Alive

For #13
9/15 noon: Futsuu no Shoujo A - Tanaka, Satou, Kudou
9/15 afternoon: Ai no imi wo oshiete - Michishige, Iikubo
9/16 noon: Daite yo! PLEASE GO ON - Tanaka
9/16 afternoon: Issai Gassai Anata ni Ageru - Fukumura, Ikuta, Suzuki, Kudo

Source: Hello! Sayunii
rina ♥ mini

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Nakano Sun Plaza (Tokyo)
10/7 (19:00)

I just realized I may have a shot at going to one of these concerts!

Success! I made it to their late show on 10/07!  :twothumbs

I wrote some of my experiences in my travel report: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=34048.msg1105601#msg1105601

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Let's DVD!

Order: CDjapan

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Euphoria - Melting Into Einstein`s Brain