JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - Inspire

Author Topic: Tatoos  (Read 2163 times)

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Tatoos
« on: June 03, 2005, 04:35:02 PM »
If you want to get an Asian-themed tatoo, but you can't read Japanese/Chinese/Korean/etc., make sure to triple check and make sure you know what you're getting (especially if you're white).

Props to the tatoo artist.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
Tatoos
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 05:40:32 PM »
Well yeah. Some people are just stupid.

Why would you want to have something tattooed you can't read anyway?

I'd feel pretty silly getting an tattoo of Asian characters, or African tribal symbols, or any others cultural images which I'm obviously not.

(I suppose that limits my choices to the Union Jack or a Celtic knot, but since I'm not getting a tattoo anyway, meh.  :P )

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Tatoos
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 06:06:19 PM »
I'm never getting a tattoo, but I think that's kind of childish behaviour to write something insulting to people's body. It's a some kind of crime if people have paid to get a "princess" instead of "whore".
coot is ctz

Jabronisaur

Tatoos
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 07:29:58 PM »
Ya know I kinda have to agree with this:
“I think I’m helping my fellow man by labeling all the stupid people in the world,” he explained. “It’s not a crime, it’s a public service."  :lol:
I think I'll have to rethink my tatoo choice....

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Tatoos
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 07:30:00 PM »
I remember reading this article a while back.  I kinda understand the way the guy feels, but I don't know if that's the way to go about taking action about it or not.  Clearly, this guy is a prime example of a bitter Asian man.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
Tatoos
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2005, 05:44:21 AM »
That was hilarious.  I understand how he feels, though my bitterness isn't that bad.  But it sucks, to a degree.  I had some pre-teen show me something in Chinese and ask if I could read it.  I'm Vietnamese (we use the Roman Alphabet), I can't read it!  Not all Asians speak the same language.

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - Inspire