JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: George Lam - 10 Minute Medley

Author Topic: JPH!P Steam Community  (Read 98906 times)

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
Re: JPH!P Steam Community
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2011, 12:28:55 AM »
DREAMCAST COLLECTION :panic:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7522

Seems like just simple ports (upscaling/stretching the original graphics to HD standards), but hey, Dreamcast classics with the convenience of Steam!
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2011, 01:40:04 AM »
30 bucks is pretty steep for games that are 10+ years old, I think :shocked:

In other news, the Weekend Deal is quite the steal:

• Assassin's Creed™: Director's Cut Edition
  • Call of Juarez®: Bound in Blood
  • Far Cry® 2: Fortune's Edition
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas 2

$12.99 for all four games

Assassin's Creed is pretty sweet, just wish it was the second game instead.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2011, 05:59:40 PM »
Revenge of the Titans

At first they came from the skies, and we repelled them with hired spaceships on a shoestring budget! Now they’re back, and they’re sending their ground troops to destroy our bases – thirty-ton monsters with glowing eyes and slavering jaws! And we still don’t have any money!

Quickly assemble a defensive position using blaster turrets, upgrades, tiny battledroids, barricades, mines, tangleweb, whilst obtaining the necessary funds by mining nearby resources as the relentless march of the Titans approaches the base. Research new technology and buildings as you defend the Earth bases throughout the solar system from the Titan onslaught. This is the ultimate mash-up of real-time strategy and tower defense.

Key Features:
  • 50 level campaign mode across Earth, Moon, Mars, Saturn and Titan itself
  • 29 buildings and 40 technologies to research
  • Relaxing Endless game mode
  • Hectic Survival game mode with online hiscores

http://store.steampowered.com/app/93200/

If you bought the Humble Indie Bundle #2, then you already have this awesome game! :jphip:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2011, 06:17:20 PM »
Europa Universalis III Chronicles

HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE BEST STRATEGY GAME EVER, IN ONE FINE PACK YEAH :cokecat:

GOGOGO: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7654/ :jphip: :jphip: :jphip:

Midweek Madness - 75% off Batman: Arkham Asylum™ GOTY Edition

Save 75% on the critically acclaimed Batman: Arkham Asylum in this remastered GOTY Edition featuring 4 extra Challenge Maps.

Face off against Gotham’s greatest villains including The Joker, HARLEY QUINN, POISON IVY and KILLER CROC and return order to Arkham Asylum.

Offer ends this Thursday at 4pm PDT.

Source: http://store.steampowered.com/news/5159/

Midweek Madness - 75% off Gothic franchise including Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition

Act now and save 75% on all Gothic titles including Gothic, Gothic II: Gold Edition, Gothic 3, Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition, and Arcania - Gothic 4, or get all 5 games with the Gothic Complete Pack for additional savings!

Offer ends this Thursday at 4pm PDT.

Source: http://store.steampowered.com/news/5162/?snr=1_4_4__109

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Midweek Madness - Aliens vs. Predator
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2011, 02:26:33 PM »
Save 75% on Aliens vs. Predator in this week's Midweek Madness!

Bringing the legendary war between two of science-fiction's most popular characters to FPS fans. Experience distinctly new and thrilling first person gameplay as you survive, hunt and prey in the deadly jungles and swamps surrounding the damned colony of Freya's Prospect.

Offer ends this Thursday at 4pm PST.

Source: http://store.steampowered.com/news/5224/
Game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/10680/

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2011, 08:28:59 PM »
Crysis, Crysis: Warhead, and "Crysis® Maximum Edition" containing both are on sale today on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/eaweek

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2011, 09:43:31 PM »
GO GO TROPICO GO GO :deco:

Kalypso Pack ($30): http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8046/
Tropico (FREE): http://store.steampowered.com/app/33520/

BEST GAME EVER, EL PRESIDENTE :pimp:

Offline nimrod

• RihoLicious!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • BABYMETAL DEATH!
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2011, 03:42:15 AM »
Steam Client Beta Available
There's a new Steam Beta client available. To access the Beta, go to File -> Settings. On the Account tab press the Change... button to open the Beta Participation dialog. Then Select Beta Update, and allow Steam to restart itself. Here are the specific changes:

6/8/2011

Features
- Initial client side support for upcoming improved content delivery system (groundwork for future performance/reliability improvements to downloads)
- Added “copy link” option to web browser right click menu
- Added suggested friends from Facebook display in client, if you’ve linked with Facebook
- Added the ability to push screenshots to Facebook after upload

Bug Fixes
- Improved responsiveness of loading web pages in the client and in-game overlay browser
- Fixed a bug confusing cached HEAD request response with GET requests in Steamworks HTTP interface
- Improved fallback to different servers if first client connection attempt is to a down server
- Fixed a bug not immediately logging off on shutdown in some cases, leaving your state online until a timeout period was passed
- Improved line breaking/wrapping for most Asian languages
- Fixed a rare crash on shutdown in the browser control
- Fixed the store and community sometimes using English in the overlay instead obeying the user's language setting
- Improved Japanese font rendering on the Store and Community for users on Windows Vista or later
- The Steam client now detects if you’re not logged into the Steam Community or Store web pages, and automatically re-authenticates

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=22816628#post22816628

Does that mean Steam will not delete large files anymore and redownload them again (example: The Witcher 2 ) but instead patch them by only modifying the file? because that would be sweet
Yes, better incremental patching of large files (without the developers having to think about it in advance) is one thing it improves. We'll talk more about what the new content system improves when it gets closer to fully rolling out.
りほ, りほ Password is りほ  ♪

がんばれいな!- twitter - last.fm - DVD Profiler - tumblr

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2011, 04:36:59 PM »
Free To Play Games Have Arrived on Steam

Five F2P Launch Titles Offering Exclusive Content to Celebrate Launch

Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal, and Team Fortress) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today introduced support for Free to Play (F2P) Games on Steam with the launch of five F2P games.

Available immediately, the launch titles are Spiral Knights, Forsaken Worlds, Champions Online: Free for All, Global Agenda: Free Agent, and Alliance of Valliant Arms (AVA).

Beginning tomorrow (Weds) with Spiral Knights and concluding Sunday with AVA, each of the five launch titles will offer exclusive in-game content to those who try the "F2P game of the day" on Steam. In game transactions in all of the titles will be supported by Steam's micro-transaction backend system that is available to Steamworks partners and currently used in Valve's Team Fortress 2.

"The introduction of Free to Play games is another example of the constant evolution of Steam," said Jason Holtman, director of business development at Valve. "Free to Play games offer new game genres and game experiences for customers, while offering developers and publishers new revenue opportunities and the ability to reach customers in areas of the world where the traditional packaged goods model is less popular than F2P."

Specific details on the F2P games of the day and their exclusive in-game content will be made available in the coming days.

Steam is a leading platform for PC & Mac games and digital entertainment serving over 1,500 games to over 30 million active accounts worldwide. For more information, please visit www.steamgames.com

http://store.steampowered.com/news/5657/

I'm going to check out Champions and Global Agenda, I think.

Offline nimrod

• RihoLicious!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • BABYMETAL DEATH!
« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2011, 03:33:28 AM »
http://www.develop-online.net/news/38103/Team-Fortress-2-becomes-free-forever

Triple-A becomes free-to-play, but Valve may not push the model to other blockbusters

Valve has once again turned to Team Fortress 2 as the studio’s outlet for experimentation, this time with a daring move to make the triple-A game entirely free to play.

The Orange Box game has undergone a radical transformation since its 2007 release; with more than 200 updates made to the PC edition. But today’s patch is billed as the most daring yet, with PC and Mac customers given the 'full experience' without ever needing to pay anything at all.

And in an exclusive interview with Develop – now live – Valve’s Robin Walker assured that Team Fortress 2 would only be monetised by microtransaction payments.

No advertising model will be pursued, Walker said. No premium subscription model will be used. No cynical “pay-to-win” options will be implemented, he assured.

In-game items will now be the only way Valve gets any money from Team Fortress 2. But again, Walker assured that the number of gratis in-game items – which are released on a daily basis – would not dry up.

“We've been toying with the idea of making Team Fortress free-to-play ever since the Mann-conomy update [in September 2010],” Walker said.

“The data we got back from that update leads us to believe that TF2 would be more successful as a completely free product.”
COMMUNITY FIRST

However, Walker said there was no data yet to suggest that the free-to-play model would be appropriate for other Valve games.

"It seems dangerous to assume that [free-to-play would work] for all our products," he said.

The Washington-based studio, freed from the contraints of retail, has the liberty to experiment with its digital products and its avid Steam community – something that would not be possible to implement across brick and mortar game stores.

“Over the years we've done a bunch of price experimentations with Team Fortress 2,” Walker said, “going all the way down to $2.49 in our random one-hour Halloween sales.

“The more we've experimented, the more we've learned there are fundamentally different kinds of customers, each with their own way of valuing the product.”

He said making a triple-A game completely free to play would teach the studio much more about its customers.

"We'll know a heck of a lot more in a couple of months, and that's the kind of thing that gets us excited around the office," he said.

The wider hope is that Team Fortress 2 going free will help allure the customers that aren’t willing to pay a flat fee for the game – a move that ties in well with Valve’s “games as a service” model.

That well-referenced credo stresses the importance of deeply engaging with a gaming community; to learn everything about the customer and adapt to their tastes and budget.

“We’re always improving on the relationship we have with our customers, and we’re willing to run experiments if we think it will help us learn how to do that better,” Walker said.

He added that a key motivation for making Team Fortress 2 free is the desire to get as many people as possible playing online.

“It's a belief of ours that in multiplayer games it's generally true that the more people playing the game, the higher value the game has for each individual customer.

“The more players, the more available servers in your area, the wider variety of other players you'll find, the greater the opportunity for new experiences, and so on.”

If you've bought it before you'll have premium now

lol
http://i.imgur.com/XlFei.png
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 03:33:27 AM by nimrod »
りほ, りほ Password is りほ  ♪

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2011, 05:50:13 AM »
Everyone get it and plaaay!
TF2 is so much fun, I used to play it a lot then I got bored but I've been playing again a bit lately with my brother. The whole hats and items and trading crap is meh but it doesn't stop you from enjoying the real fun of the game. The only problem is it is really hard to play between countries so if we were all to play on the same server it'd have to be a West coast US server. East coast, the lag is like 350ms for me and too much packet loss. :( I couuld try setting up TF2 server on our host and it would be ok for people in Europe maybe East Coast US people but impossible for me to play XD.

Offline Deaglezero

• Deagle: The Eternal Warrior
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Chelsea, Barca let's roll!
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2011, 02:18:04 PM »
Ah steam...haven't been on there for ages.

I think I'm called LightningAC or Deagle_zero or something, can't remember cos I forgot my password a big while back (and cbfed to game any more LOL, CoD:Black Ops is gay).

I'll probably get back on sometime to play with you guys, but I thought they allocated servers according to people in the same country, which means it'd lag a lot to play an 'international' match.

Anyone getting ready for some MW3/Battlefield 3 when they come out? (I only play FPSes when I'm not on anime).

Offline nimrod

• RihoLicious!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • BABYMETAL DEATH!
« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2011, 11:18:20 PM »
りほ, りほ Password is りほ  ♪

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #113 on: September 03, 2011, 03:41:53 PM »
WHOA!!! saw it on RFD.

Play Call of Duty: Black Ops Free this Weekend on Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/42700/

Offline Hinano

• ecchi
« Reply #114 on: October 06, 2011, 11:30:19 PM »
Want to be invited too... .-. but when adding LaJon from the first post there is written he was last only 354 days ago... D: will I ever get an invite like this..?

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2011, 12:59:22 AM »
Add me through my profile, I'll invite you and stuff then. Grab me in IRC, even

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #116 on: December 26, 2011, 11:21:38 PM »
So who here has been paying attention to this year's holiday sale? I just picked up Sonic Generations for $10!

More details for December 26 sales courtesy of Reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/nraym/steam_holiday_sale_2011_day_8/
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2011, 08:07:48 PM »
[H] Coal & Coupons - [W] Universe Sandbox

You guys should check out Spacechem. It's on sale for $2.50 today. There's a demo, even. The last game that made me think that much was Dwarf Fortress :thumbup

If anyone is interested, I have Dangerous Waters as a gift, and I'd be up for trading/gifting it.

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2012, 05:26:01 AM »
Hey Amp, I'll give you a copy of Dungeon Defenders or Frozen Synapse for it :D

Courtesy of the best, Miichan!

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2012, 03:21:00 AM »
^A little late response, but if you're still up for that trade, then grab me on Steam when I'm not listed as Away/Snooze :cokecat:

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: George Lam - 10 Minute Medley