JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Anatakikou - Woman Record

Author Topic: Football Manager HQ  (Read 19280 times)

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Football Manager HQ
« on: October 17, 2009, 05:19:29 PM »
Football Manager HQ

Football Manager 2010:
Official Website
Information @ Wikipedia
FM2010 reviews on Metacritic
FM2010 on Steam -- Demo available
FM2010 on Direct2Drive
More demo links

FIFA Manager 10:
Official Website
FIFAM 10 reviews on Metacritic
FIFAM 10 on Steam
FIFAM 10 demo

--
I love Football Management sims, and have put good hours in to both of these series. I used to prefer the FIFA series, but now stick to FM. Both are quality games, with demos to check out. You don't have to know a lot about football before playing these (it doesn't hurt obviously).
POST SCREENS, STORIES, GOOD BUYS -- DO IT :yep:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 07:55:08 PM by Amplifier »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: Football Managers HQ
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 10:45:02 PM »

I'm enjoying a good run with Barca so far, not a single loss. Unlike Madrid, who have Casillas, Ronaldo, and a couple other guys out with injury for months to go (they're in the lower half of the table, HA HA).

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 09:59:31 AM »
So I've gone all 6 months permitted in the demo, without losing a single game as Barcelona. Henrik Larsson has been a great buy, in spite of his age (or real life retirement this week, lul). After the full game drops, I'll be getting Park Ji Sung and Franck Ribery at the start of the winter transfer window. RM is now about 5-6th on the league table, so I doubt they'll be able to catch up to me before season's end.

Playing a big club is fun, but I'm thinking I'll probably manage a smaller team again too. I had a good run with Shanghai Shenhue before, got to the semi-finals in the AFC Cup, won the league in China. Took Newcastle to the top of the PL, and also took Blackpool to the top of the PL. But I'm lazy, rarely ever manage a team more than 3-4 seasons.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 08:22:47 PM »
i'm still playing 2008... i used to have the 2009 at some point but 2008 is... is just easier to cheat :D

my major proud with FM is that Peru assists to WC 2010 without even trying... oh and also my beloved FM Kettering that is doing well in the premier league with only free transfers :cokecat:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 04:55:34 PM »

Yeah, I'm pretty incredible. Knocked out of the Spanish cup by Madrid, but I don't care. They got knocked out by Getafe anyway :rofl: Still on cruise control to the league win, and the Euro cup too :jerk:

Ribery has been a great buy, he's really man-handling the other teams. Messi is always on, but he's been shit for me. Wrong position maybe, but man.  Park Ji Sung is wrecking lives too. Got a nice 4-5-1 running now :shakeit:

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 01:08:30 AM »
Ibrahimovic is not happy and wants to leave... LOOOOL SUCKAAAAAAA

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 12:30:36 PM »
Well, won the Spanish League with 7 games to go, without losing a single game. Won the Champion's Cup too. Decided to sell Henry because of his age, picked up David Villa and Luis Fabiano instead, for about 75m total. Also grabbed Sandro (20yo MC/DMC from Brazil with bitchin stats), and Boruc from Celtic to back-up Valdez. :shakeit:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 05:10:37 PM »
Ibrahimovic is not happy and wants to leave... LOOOOL SUCKAAAAAAA

Throw the book at him and tell him he can be a waste of money for someone else. I can't believe you're even still paying the man. He's not even good at FIFA10 for me whenever I play as Barca. Just yesterday he was one on one with Cech, did a precision shot, halfway on the power meter works, every time. Zlatan shoots and hits the post which leads to a goal kick. Worthless.

I like the idea of Football Manager, played 07 for a time and as much as being a manager is appealing, I found I just don't have the patience to scroll through player stats and menus only to find my tactics are wrong and always will be. XD

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 06:38:35 AM »
^ lol the coaches keep telling me to instruct him to stop doing useless passes...

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 05:15:57 PM »
Still undefeated in league, Villa has scored 11 in 7 games, Fabiano has picked up 5 in 5, and Zlatan is just sucking this season, after scoring like 35 last. On cruise control through my Euro Cup group. Picked up some massive wins this season, I'm like 22-4 after 7 games.

Sold Pedro and Marquez.. one not good enough, the other too old. Got so many players, I can rotate every game :jerk: Pique is being a boss, fosho

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 06:06:05 PM »
BALLER MAN need to teach me how to play since my favorite strategy is going on vacation XDDD

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 11:11:46 AM »

Yeah, I know. David Villa is completely dominating every match, 52 games so far this season, and 54 goals. :cokecat: I love my formation too, been using it all season to great results

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 02:42:48 PM »
Well then, season is over finally. Villa picked up 60 goals total. I won every single competition this season, which is awesome. With the HUEG transfer budget I got this time around, I've picked up Pato, Guilherme (had him before in another game, was a BOSS), and Fabregas (lol, 100m). Also nabbed Sakho from some French team, because Puyol is about to retire, and a couple ridiculous youngins. I pretty much expect every other team to just give up, this is getting ridiculous. I'm also managing Spain, and we're undefeated in the Euro 2012 group stage, with only 4 games to go. :jerk:

Sweet player + My squad

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 11:40:53 PM »
only 2 defending? MADNESS!!!

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 09:08:13 PM »
Won the league with only 30/38 games played :lol: On track to win everything again, FUCK YEAH
Cesc is replacing Xavi just swell, Pato & Delhaye are scoring like bosses, and Sahko + Santon (from Inter) and cleaning up the rear.
Undefeated with Spain, too. I'm now ranked as the top Swedish manager of all time, and im about 20th worldwide now.

Check out Sandro from Internacional if you can, worked well for me. Guilherme is at CSKA Moscow, and has great potential. Ribery can be bought for pennies, and has stats similar to Messi. Santon and Sahko will run a bit, but they're doing a fine job. :shakeit:

STORIES, GOOD BUYS, POST EM

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2009, 05:19:26 PM »
Babes, won all competitions with Barcelona again. I also won the Euro 2012 with Spain, completely wrecked Croatia in the final. Also on track for the WC in 2014. Most of the best 11, and top player awards for were either Barca or Spain.

I've sold Ribery and Villa now for 55m total. Put Maxwell and Valdez on loan to OM. I picked up Hugo Lloris (best keeper in the world in my game), fuck yeah. Also picked up David Silva, Kerrison (23yo striker, had sold him.. big mistake, became a top scorer in the league lul). Bought a couple ace looking youth players, too. The board gave me 162m for transfers this year, so unreal. Going to milk Zlatan and Xavi for another year or so, then ditch them for some bucks. Bojan, Pato, and Delhaye are all on track to be ridiculous, and they're all only about 23 now.

CANT STOP WONT STOP

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2009, 01:22:10 PM »

Yeah, I'm the greatest manager of all time. Weep at my might.
Cruising to yet another league title, Euro cup tile, U19 title, and almost qualified for the WC2014 with Spain now. I've replaced about half the squad since I started. I'll probably sell Zlatan by the next Winter window. I keep training everyone in new positions :jerk: Pique is being a problem for me, he's picked up over 20 cards this season, and two reds. Outside of that, don't usually pick up many cards. Lloris as my keeper was a great idea, fosho.
Got two youth players that are going to be aces. Both strikers/AMs. The one is only 16, he's the top scorer in the U19 by 2x as many goals as the next guy (my other ace). Even better, my U19 are almost done this season too, with 1 loss, like 3 draws, and the rest wins, with almost no concessions. The players represent virtually the top of all the player stats. It's ridiculous.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009, 09:08:21 PM »
So I'm entering my 6th season with Barcelona now. Won everything last season, too. I only have a handful of the original team now. I've neglected Barca At so long, they're way down in the leagues, so I'm sending them Hugo Lloris + Guilherme, Iniesta, and some other good players to get them promoted again.
I picked up Sergio Arsenjo (GK) this season, couple years younger than Lloris with equal stats. Otherwise I'm pumping all my money into building up the B team and youth team.
My U19 won every single game last season, scoring almost 90 goals (and half of those were all by one guy, who just turned 18 now). They're already up to about 15 goals in the first 4 games this season.
I also won the WC2014 with Spain. Now I'm ranked as the top manager of all time, besting Fergie by 20 points. :lol:

Cmon guys, I know some of you play!

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2010, 06:39:30 PM »
BOOM

Guys, let's start a JPH!P Super League. I can host the game. We set aside some time whenever each week to play together. We can make a custom league with just our favorite teams, and rules for the league, etc. WC2010 soon, get pumped!

I can give you the hook up if you're interested. Hit me up on IRC or PM <3

(mac users are ok too <3)

DISCUSS - CALL TEAMS

Teams:
boykun: FC Girondins de Bordeaux
Shinora: Arsenal
shurastriker: Manchester United
tenkei: Chelsea
Amplifier: Inter Milan
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 10:44:07 PM by Amplifier »

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 10:16:54 PM »
calling team, though dunno if down for sure.

Chelsea represent

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Anatakikou - Woman Record