JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 2Yoon - 24-7

Author Topic: Fairy Tale (Chapter 1: Sleeping Beauty)  (Read 3763 times)

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Fairy Tale (Chapter 1: Sleeping Beauty)
« on: September 13, 2010, 11:38:24 AM »
This started off as a one-shot but somehow evolved into a short short chapter fic :P I got the story down so this is one story I'll try to update as often as I can :D (plus I just wanted to write a TanaShige :lol:)

Chapter 1: Sleeping Beauty

Once upon a time in a land of Far Far Away, Princess Sayumi, the youngest daughter of the Michishige Kingdom, was found fainted while taking a solitary walk in the tower of the castle. But when no one can wake the sleeping princess after several hours of deep sleep, the country went into a state of distress as the King and Queen called for a state of emergency.

The court physicians and wizards were called, but there was nothing they could do. All the king's horses and all the king's men set out at the King’s order to find an antidote to cure the princess’ strange illness. Rewards would be given for anyone who can wake the comatose princess. Word travelled far and wide from the northernmost cape to the southernmost isle. Countless men, women, witches and fairies turned up but none could waken the princess from the terrible sleep.

Many curious stories were related about the princess at this period. Grief, as the court physician stated, or, as some suggested, a swift terrible curse by an evil witch, had caused the strange incident. Such, at least, were the stories that men whispered to each other.

On a moonless night, she arrived, hooded in a long purple robe, at the threshold of the palace. She introduced herself no more than as a fairy from Fukuoka, and said no word no more. She carried no wand, no herbs nor any elixir. The King and Queen were apprehensive of this foreigner, but allowed the stranger nevertheless.

The princess laid in bed with her eyes closed and her hands resting on top of the other on her stomach. The cloaked figure approached the bed and stood staring at the princess for a full minute even as everyone in the room watched with bated breath.

Suddenly, the fairy dipped down and pressed her lips onto the princess, much to the stunned displeasure of those present. Before the King could even summon anger, the princess’ eyelashes fluttered open. The whole palace imploded with joy at the waking of the princess.

Princess Sayumi opened her mouth but no sound came out. But when the princess tried again, what came out was not her sweet voice but a shrill alarm, forcing everyone to cover their ears.

“Uwaaaaaaaa….”

Reina tried to cover her ears as the alarm continued to hammer her hearing. She tried to cover her head with her pillow. Failing miserably at that, she opted for plan B instead. Soon, the room quietened down again as the discriminating clock lay somewhere in the corner of the room.

Heart still beating fast, she ran her fingers through her bedhead hair. That dream. That weird dream.

What in the world was that?!

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Re: Fairy Tale (Chapter 1: Sleeping Beauty)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 01:12:39 PM »
OhEmGee :lol: Love how that dream ended. W00t, Tanashige! Go, go!

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 03:02:01 PM »
Eh, Reina was a fairy in her dream who made Sleeping Sayu wake up with a kiss, (Reina is Sayu's prince Charming?!?) but it was all just a dream, looking forward to see how this develops.... :twothumbs

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 11:31:06 AM »
the King and Queen called for a state of emergency.
Ummm, the High King member and the Reaction Queen.?.  :P  :P  :P sorry  :D okay back to reading :on study:

On a moonless night, she arrived, hooded in a long purple robe, at the threshold of the palace
The savior, likes hoods and purple, who could that be  :mon huh:

fairy from Fukuoka

Of course the yankii  :D

Suddenly, the fairy dipped down and pressed her lips onto the princess
Whoa! How are mom and dad doin'  :lol:

:cow: MOAR  :cow: MOAR  :cow:

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 06:55:55 PM »
Yay TanaShige! :D There's not enough of that around...

Interesting dream for Reina to have... Wouldn't normally think of her as the fairytale type (as you illustrated well with the abused alarm clock at the end :D). Does this mean she really has a soft spot for the bunny? Curious to see more of what's going on in the Real World... or is the Real World really the fairy tale land? :)

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 09:07:15 AM »
Hmm is Sayu going to annoy Reina badly this time around XD j/k

rokun is right about not a lot of TanaShige, more more more!
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 04:28:34 PM »
This is interesting!! I like the start you have. It's like Sleeping Beauty with a twist? Instead of a guy it's Reina! XD I suppor that!!  :twothumbs I liked the part where Sayu looks at Reina and just screams in her face. I can really picture her doing that. XD TanaShige can be really fun and funny sometimes. I look forward to another part! You are going to write a next chapter right? Either way I'm happy what I read because it made me laugh.  :D

Offline pretend_2besome1

• The "C" Kite
  • Member+
  • WakaRei: So real it's unreal
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 01:20:49 PM »
 :w00t:
TanaShige!  :cow:

LOL a fairy from Fukuoka and how very Yankii Reina style of her to go and kiss the princess!

TakaSemaru  :heart:

Offline Beecubed

• Charmy Follower 4 Life. <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am of IshiYoshi faith.
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 05:23:24 PM »
YAY for Tanashige!  :heart:
You get many kudos for writing about this couple! I actually don't think I've really read them before... from what I can remember anyway  :nervous

Though I prefer KameShige by quite a bit, I'm going to take anything with Sayu as one of the main characters. She doesn't get enough love.  :love:

Anyway, this was a very interesting start! We do often come across this 'waking-up-from-a-dream' beginning chapters, but this one feels a little different for some reason. Like it holds a lot more significance in some way? Sayumi opening her mouth only to admit a shrill alarm cry is a mixture of funny and creepy... I don't know how you managed that, but yup...  :lol:

I'm very intrigued by the 'Fairy Tale' concept, and would've been completely happy if Sayumi had in fact really been a Princess, and that Reina was her robed saviour. Perhaps that is what really IS going on in some alternate reality!  :shocked:

But now that Reina has woken up from the dream and is apparently in a pretty ruffled state, I have to wonder if Reina even knows Sayu in real life. Yes? She's a friend or something? Or no? If it's a no, then I'm guessing she's going to have to have a first encounter with the bunny Princess sometime soon then xD

Lastly, thank you for deciding to share this story, and even better that it will be delivered in short chapters. I actually prefer reading longer ones, but with my tighter schedule nowadays, I'll be relieved to be responding to shorter chapters  :D

Looking forward to see how this story is going to develop!  :w00t:

NEXT CHAPTER PLEASE!  :heart:

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 08:43:16 PM »
Thank you for reading the story.

I've actually written the whole story (or at least the gist of it) and had wished to update the story regularly. But right now there's something I wish to focus on. I'll definitely update regularly once things settle down. But I wished to thank everyone for reading and really appreciate the comments :)

@rndm-chan Sometimes it all started with a dream, doesn't it? :lol:

@oddball Is the dream just a dream? LOL perhaps? But Reina doesn't seem to be the Prince Charming material doncha think? But that's what make writing this story fun to me

@k
Ummm, the High King member and the Reaction Queen.?.  :P  :P  :P
LOL I'm so glad you said that! I didn't want to add anymore lameness to this crack story so I omitted any mention of that. Guess lame people think alike huh :lol: There are more hints/inferences from the fairy tales/nursery rhymes/folktales in this chapter as well as the following chapters. Do try to find them if you can? :D

@rokun We definitely need more TanaShige around XD Not enough love for this interesting couple here :P I actually have to credit you for sparking my interest in this pairing in one of your story :w00t: Hmm I've always thought of the Real World as no different from the Fairy Tale world in itself. Perhaps the only difference is whether we are living the Disney version, Grimm Brothers or as told by the authors themselves :) Err I'm not making any sense, am I? :lol:

@22 Honestly...Sayu can annoy Reina without even trying. That's the power of the narcissitic bunny

@writerjunkie It made me happy that the chapter made someone laugh. Mission accomplished! :cow: Thank you for reading :D

@C Yay a fellow TanaShige lover! It wouldn't be Reina if she didn't go yankii and do whatever she wants, would it :lol:

@Beecubed I'm glad you enjoyed TanaShige. There's a few good writers here who have written TanaShige in their story. You'll enjoy reading them as much as I have :) I agree that Sayu doesn't get enough :heart: Hopefully that will change in the future? Your comment really made me happy :wub: You're right when you mentioned on the significance on this chapter :D At least it is important imo, for this is a Fairy Tale (in more than one sense) between Reina & Sayu. You'll understand why soon enough XD

Once again, thank you everyone for reading  :) See ya soon

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »
Update now and I will try my best finding them  :P  I'm kidding  :grin:

Guess lame people think alike huh :lol:
Yay!  :mon fyeah:  Now you're admitting that you're lame too  :wriggly: very COOL!!!  :grin:

See you soon  :)

:heart:

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 2Yoon - 24-7