JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hitomi - Love 2000

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones  (Read 127022 times)

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: A Game of Thrones
« Reply #420 on: April 08, 2014, 06:49:38 PM »
Beware, maybe some minor spoilers for episode two XD

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #421 on: April 16, 2014, 12:08:23 AM »
Ooo yeah, they play parts of that video here in the UK in a horrid TV show after GoT called "Thronecast" ... I just want to throw stuff at the annoying presenters XD

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #422 on: April 16, 2014, 08:46:31 PM »
So.....the Purple wedding happened.....sad that a certain character didn't appear. *cough*Penny*cough*

Saw a few reaction videos. Quite the opposite to the Red Wedding.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #423 on: April 18, 2014, 11:46:16 AM »
Ooo yeah, they play parts of that video here in the UK in a horrid TV show after GoT called "Thronecast" ... I just want to throw stuff at the annoying presenters XD

I really don't care for that show. They play too fine a line between discussing the books and the TV show that it doesn't really satisfy either. They're not coy about book spoilers either it's like

"Do we think Olenna poisoned Joffrey? Well we really couldn't say..."

Either you go all out and discuss the books or keep it within TV pace discussion and talk about the information you were only told from the show. You can't throw book spoilers in there, pretending it's somePlus, the presenters are pretty annoying. Can't put my finger on it, they just are XD

The wedding was wonderfully tense. I actually felt really sad as it focused on Sansa during the mock war of the five kings. Purple Wedding reaction videos have a whole different tone than the Red Wedding :lol:

I'm just most curious of all to see *FUTURE BOOK SPOILERS* how Balon gets killed. If I remember, it was just mentioned by another character as he was just swept away in some storm with some vague illusions of a faceless man being the killer.[/spoiler] Also, Bran's vision in the show seemed to throw in a couple of hints on what could happen yet. That was definately a dragon flying over Kings Landing. That was also Snow (or was it ash) over the Iron Throne?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 12:30:02 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #424 on: April 19, 2014, 06:15:21 AM »
I'm just most curious of all to see *FUTURE BOOK SPOILERS* how Balon gets killed. If I remember, it was just mentioned by another character as he was just swept away in some storm with some vague illusions of a faceless man being the killer.[/spoiler] Also, Bran's vision in the show seemed to throw in a couple of hints on what could happen yet. That was definately a dragon flying over Kings Landing. That was also Snow (or was it ash) over the Iron Throne?

1. I too am curious about how the show runners are gonna deal with that. Didn't he "fall off" from one of the suspended bridges between the towers
2. I think that was snow. Probably a reference to when Dany entered the House of the Undying in Season 2.

Is it wrong for me to say that I'm gonna miss seeing Joffrey on screen? Who else is good enough for me to hate from now on?  :lol:
Honestly though I'm sad to hear Jack Gleason won't be acting anymore.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #425 on: April 19, 2014, 11:19:59 AM »
I say TV viewers will levitate towards Cersei as the most hated figure on the show, but with a little more screen time, I say Ramsey will be the next obvious big bad. As he should.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #426 on: April 22, 2014, 08:21:12 PM »
Soooooooooooooooooo. That Jaime/Cersei rape scene huh? Causing a bit of a controversy on the internet. Not because an incestuous couple are having intimate relations next to their dead son's corpse, but of the very act itself which goes against how it was described in the books where it was slightly more consensual. GRRM himself came out to speak out about it.

Some are questioning was it rape or not, referring to the fact that one shot had Cersei kiss him back at one point. But to me it's definately rape. Cersei said "Not here" which basically says she didn't give her consent to do it there. With Jaime forcing her to have sex there against her wishes, means he raped her. The kiss is irrelevant considering it was said before she was protesting as she laid on her back. She wasn't clawing at his eyes or anything to get away but even so, it's obviously non consensual sex.

To take a real world scenario, if a guy is kissing a girl, eventually building up to something more but then she gives him clear signs that she does not want to have sex with him at that moment, I really hope the guy wouldn't force yourself on her just because she kissed him back. That would not be OK for obvious reasons.

From the sounds of it, it was a bad editing job. It was supposedly a longer scene which could have clarified things. They could have added some of Cersei's lines from the books which were cut which shows she was giving consent. Or a shot of Cersei maybe taking back control somehow to show she was equally into it. Or a simple line of dialogue like "Hurry up". The fact that we're debating about what happened shows the direction of this scene wasn't clear and wasn't very well done. It just goes against Jaime's character, who's always been against rape. Hell he lost a hand to defend Brienne from going through it. So to have him do it on the one woman he loves more than anyone else is just so out of character.

Back on topic, Dany sounds well sexy when she's speaking in Valyrian right?

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #427 on: April 23, 2014, 01:05:19 AM »
About Jamie and Cercei.....yeah that was definitely rape.

Back on topic, Dany sounds well sexy when she's speaking in Valyrian right?

Oh yeah.  :drool:  I think I finally get Dany's look when Drogo made his epic speech back in Season 1.

What else is there to talk about?
Podrick's unwavering loyalty to Tyrion?
Oberyn and Ellaria's orgy at the brothel, including male-Ros (Does he even have a name  :?)?
Tywin beginning to shape re-casted Tommen into a king he can control?
The further mis-adventures of Arya and the Hound?

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #428 on: April 24, 2014, 03:36:53 AM »
Oberyn and Ellaria's orgy at the brothel, including male-Ros (Does he even have a name  :?)?
He introduced himself as Oliver to Loras in season 3
Tywin beginning to shape re-casted Tommen into a king he can control?
to me, it felt more like a slap on Cercei's face. Like she uber failed in raising Joffrey

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #429 on: April 24, 2014, 11:47:18 AM »
To me it too felt like rape, I didn't even see that she kissed back or slung her legs around him.

Here's a round up of what everyone involved has to say about the matter.
http://www.nerdist.com/2014/04/lets-talk-about-that-cerseijaime-scene-from-game-of-thrones/

Also sad there was no Penny in the battle of the five kings! Hope they do not cut her part completely.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 01:06:07 PM by coachie »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #430 on: April 28, 2014, 03:11:08 PM »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #431 on: April 28, 2014, 06:19:53 PM »
RE: latest episode, it must feel great to get paid for writing fanfiction in Westeros universe especially when GRRM has been so against fanfiction in the past... :P
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #432 on: April 28, 2014, 07:07:08 PM »
^Not so sure I'm happy about that (esp. the ending of the episode) but by the speed the show is hurrying along atm I have a feeling we'll be seing lots of this in certain storylines.
I wonder what they'll do with the whole Ironborn and Dorne thing from AFFC, at the moment I can't see how any of it will fit into the show without massive rewriting.

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #433 on: May 02, 2014, 11:47:53 PM »
latest episode: wtf did I just watch?  :?

RE: latest episode, it must feel great to get paid for writing fanfiction in Westeros universe especially when GRRM has been so against fanfiction in the past... :P

Exactly read my mind.  :yep:

I guess the show proved a theory I had about what the White Walkers do with Craster's other babies...

Other than the opening scene my favorite moment of the episode was......the introduction of Ser Pounce.  :lol:

EDIT: Huh....Ser Pounce is now following me on Twitter......
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 04:23:46 AM by Hart »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #434 on: May 12, 2014, 10:02:08 PM »
Another fantastic episode. That trial scene is right up there as one of the best the show's done.

On that subject, just what is the best scene in your opinion? I know there are other that are probably better directed, have more character development etc but I loved the scene where Ser Barristan is relieved of his post and walks out. When I read the books I really liked the character of Ser Barristan and when I read this scene in the books it reinforced the fact that good people get screwed over in this world and Barristan is a good man screwed over for the Lannister's own gain. Of course Ser Barristan is faced with the news while surrounded with some of the biggest twats the books have produced (Joffrey, Cersei, Littlefinger, Pycellel Meryn Trant, Janos Slynt) who are all looking on and acting smug and then Barristan draws his sword out and everyone is on edge, some are terrified and you just wish Barristan would let go and take one out at least, please for the love of the R'hllor take somebody out.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #435 on: May 13, 2014, 08:22:58 AM »
^ That's a great one! I still like the Viserys getting molten gold crown scene. 'He wasn't a dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon.' I was like daaaaamn. lol Although in general my favorite parts are usually Tyrion, Bron and their one liners.

I finally caught up and watched all season 4 episodes so far! The last episode was certainly one of the best. Prince Oberyn(?) I'm starting to like more, he really doesn't seem to like Lanisters.

And I gotta say Tyrion going off at the end was amazing. :bow:

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #436 on: May 13, 2014, 11:39:10 PM »
Both of those scenes are indeed some of the best the series has offered. I think another great scene was also back in Season One where Dany had to eat that raw horse heart in Vaes Dothrak. Lots of things going on there besides Dany being awesome. You get to see Drogo's emotions played out just by his facial expressions. Viserys realizing he's losing control of his sister. Jorah's admiration and probably growing love towards Dany.

Another great scene was during the Battle of Blackwater Bay with Sansa calming the women down after Cersei left. I thought that was a great moment for Sansa after everything that has happened to her up to then. I expect to see more development for her in the future.

Still have yet to watch the latest episode. Can't believe we're halfway through with this season.  :(

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #437 on: May 14, 2014, 09:35:41 PM »
Btw I think now it's pretty obvious what will happen regarding  *BOOK SPOILERS*

Balon Greyjoy. Ramsay gets Theon to infiltrate the Iron Islands, as himself, and under no sense of how broken he is, Theon will kill him.

At least that's what I think, but it makes sense.

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #438 on: May 17, 2014, 11:58:31 PM »
^ That makes sense to me as well.

I gotta say I got chills at the end of this episode. Another epic speech by Tyrion.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #439 on: May 18, 2014, 07:25:38 AM »
My Tyrion bb ;_; :heart:

This show tho, ugh, it's gotten to the point where I skip unnecessary boob scenes cuz I know there's no importance to them. Just fucking fanboy service. I don't care about some guy giving a monologue while surrounded by naked women. God. This show doesn't even crack my top 10 favourite shows because of this unnecessary shit of male gaze and rape. When they threatened even Meera with it I was so close to just stopping watching cuz I'm just so fucking done with this fucking show constantly adding more shit like this that isn't even in the books, which are dark enough on their own. I'm only hanging on for my bb Tyrion and Sansa now - I just love Peter Dinklage and Sophie Turner & their performances too much. They even ruined Jaime by having him rape Cersei (and then later act like nothing happened! Because 'no' means 'yes' and Cersei probably 'deserved' it, right!) Seriously this fucking show has become such a disappointment and I'm not even really proud of saying that I watch it anymore because of everything that's wrong with it.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hitomi - Love 2000