JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ayumi Shibata - YOU&I

Author Topic: Grabbin' Peelz! (Official Left 4 Dead Thread)  (Read 45879 times)

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: Grabbin' Peelz! (Official Left 4 Dead Thread)
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2010, 08:51:07 PM »
Got some Versus action with Lajon in earlier, my first time ever trying that. Lajon said the dudes we were playing with sucked, though :sweatdrop:

A survivor is ok then, and infected is awesome (assuming you aren't stuck as a jockey..). Going to try some more of this shit after this World Cup match is up :hump:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2010, 06:44:30 PM »
^
Oh yeah, I watched that the other day xD So awesome~

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2010, 04:41:09 PM »
I ordered Left 4 Dead 2 for the 360. Gonna make some more zombie heads roll! Can't wait. Also excited to hear about this:

Valve’s newly announced DLC for Left 4 Dead is called The Sacrifice. It’s not sacrificing much though since it works with both Left 4 Dead 2 and the first games, essentially becoming the first DLC I can think of that isn’t for a single game but a series.

The Sacrifice will tell the story of the last piece of L4D2 DLC, The Passing, from the perspective of the four characters from the original L4D game. You will be able to see how they meet up with the second game’s characters and make a key decision at the end of the piece which accounts for the DLC’s title.

Along with the new DLC there will be a campaign from the first game, No Mercy, updated and made available for owners of Left 4 Dead 2 to play through. This mission was set inthe hospital and is one of the most loved from the original game.

Finally, rounding out our Left 4 Dead news, there will be a new digital comic beginning next month. The purpose of this digital comic is to get everyone up to speed on the events which take place during the campaign (so there will be spoilers).

The Sacrifice is set to be a free download for PC and Mac and paid DLC for the Xbox 360.

That's a lot of content! :w00t:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
(PC Gamer) Interview: Valve reveal their new Left 4 Dead DLC
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2010, 04:44:34 PM »
On October 5th, Valve will release a new campaign for both Left 4 Dead 1 and Left 4 Dead 2. It’s The Sacrifice, a story which bridges the gap between the two games, and explains the mysterious events of previous downloadable campaign The Passing.

As a special treat for Left 4 Dead 2 owners, they’ve also carried the original game’s No Mercy campaign across to Left 4 Dead 2. And everyone will get a huge 190 page comic beforehand, leading up to the events of The Sacrifice. I spoke to producer Chet Faliszek about, like, what the hell.

The final twist is that the launch of this DLC will coincide with the launch of the Mac version of Left 4 Dead 2. The DLC will be available for all three versions – free on Mac and PC, the usual 560 points (£4.80/$7) on Xbox 360.

More & Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/08/21/interview-valve-on-their-new-left-4-dead-dlc/

FUCK YEAH! About time for some new content for a good game. Can't wait to try out No Mercy in L4D2 :thumbup

We should try to get some more MP running with this, because it's awesome. Public games tend to suck, though, given that most other players are assholes that flip out if you so much as reload too many times (let alone can't boomer or something) :doh:

tuffty posting 3 seconds before me.. :sweatdrop:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 02:46:47 PM »
Gametrailers TV with Geoff Keighley

Skip to around 16 minutes, they discuss the new DLC and show some gameplay, and also talk about the comic.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 01:20:47 AM »
Finally! I got Left 4 Dead 2! For the 360, I would love to play with you guys on PC but my laptop doesn't even have a dedicated graphics card so no dice XD

Anyway about the game....I love it. And I've only played the Dead Center campaign. What surprised me the most about playing it is just how much more zombies there are this time round. Like, those zombies did not stop coming in the 3rd act, I can't imagine how it would be like in Expert or in Realism mode :o In fact there was so many, that I got the achievement for decapitating 200 zombies by the time it ended. On normal. I killed 693 zombies by the end of it all. Holy shit. I love it! I ran around a corner and saw something out of the corner of my eye, turned and looked down and the witch just turned her head around to look at me at that moment. As someone who dealt with a lot of witches in L4D1, I'd never ever been so scared by one as I did then :nervous

Liking the new survivors too, Nick is a funny guy. Rochelle's no Zoey but then who is? :P

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 02:37:43 AM »
And everyone will get a huge 190 page comic beforehand, leading up to the events of The Sacrifice. I spoke to producer Chet Faliszek about, like, what the hell.

The 1st part of which is just released! :w00t:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 Update Released
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2010, 12:34:37 AM »
Code: [Select]
An update to Left 4 Dead & Left 4 Dead 2 has been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted.

The major changes include:
L4D 360:
- Added "The Sacrifice" content.

L4D2 360:
- Added "No Mercy" content.

- Game Play
• Bullets that first pass through an infected character before striking a Survivor are now ignored as friendly fire.
• Fix for survivors speaking The Passing Finale lines in other campaigns.
• Added a setup timer to Versus Survival
• Fixed bug in Versus-Survival where a team could get 5 survivors
• Removed Defibs and First Aid Kits in Realism Versus. Survivors start with a First Aid Kit, but all world spawns are disabled.
- UI
• Added vote option to enable All Talk in Versus.
• Added vote option to Restart Chapter in Versus.
• Added the ability in the lobby for all players to vote on starting the game.
- Versus
• Charger now receives 300 points for any Survivor that is insta-killed.
• Charger now receives 100 points for any Survivor that is insta-incapped by a charge.
• Any infected that causes a Survivor to stumble into a "ledge hang" situation will receive 50 points.
• Tanks go into a stasis when they spawn and leave stasis when the human player takes over.
• Tanks in stasis are invisible but still show a glow to the infected team.
• Tanks do not attack when they are in stasis.
• Tanks in stasis cannot be set on fire or damaged.

L4D PC:
- Fixed a few third person camera cheats.
- Added VPK audio cache support.
- Added Versus Multi-Map Scoreboard
- Added the L4D2 Mounted .50 Cal
L4D2 PC/OS X:
- Game is fully playable on the Mac platform.
- Fixed a few third person camera cheats.
- Added "No Mercy" content.
- Versus: Infected players will get a respawn time reduction against teams that rush.
- Removed need for Left 4 Dead 2 Add-on Support for Community Campaigns

They're also both on sale currently for $6.79 each or $10 for both together, and L4D2 is also now available on OSX:
L4D
L4D2
Combo Pack

Offline xyish

• Masuda's bitch
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • :3
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2010, 01:54:43 PM »
Shi gots L4D2, and so I'm installan' (haven't played 2 myself though).

Just read the comic to gets me in tha mood, but oh gawd... WHY BILL! ;__;

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2010, 01:55:20 PM »
I'm currently getting L4D2, let's play!!!!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2010, 04:30:00 AM »
While the new campaign wasn't all that interested, it was refreshing to play No Mercy updated for L4D2 :yep:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2010, 04:36:04 AM »
I just copped L4D2. Let's kill some motherfucking zombies, yo!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2010, 04:59:03 PM »
Aww I wish I could play with you guys :(

The Sacrifice was rather...underwhelming, to say the least. If the comic was anything to go by, then the story of the original survivors seems to have drawn to a close. The way The Sacrifice ends just leaves a disappointing experience considering you might not even play as the original characters in new campaigns. I expected an almighty stand off, the horde relentless and unforgiving and yet what you do get is a character just jumping down, switching on a generator while the other 3 are impervious from harm, generator switches on and...that's it. Disappointing.

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2010, 07:16:10 PM »
Yeah the new campaign wasn't much to write home about.

I'm down for some L4D2 action if you guys are gonna be playing tomorrow or something.  Gotta work tonight  :thumbdown:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2010, 01:15:13 AM »
Masa and I told some bitches earlier, completed Hard Rain together (even if Masa was rocked by a tank literally seconds before the rest of us escaped :rofl:). Hard to tell when that damn boat shows up, though, and almost got rolled out by a Jockey there :doh:

We need some JPH!P Versus action soon, can't wait to boomer all over you guys :fap

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2010, 03:04:57 PM »

We need some JPH!P Versus action soon, can't wait to boomer all over you guys :fap

Deal.  Just need to get together 8 people :o

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2010, 03:41:34 PM »
EPIC FAIL! I was playing No Mercy with some random people and I fucking fell through the elevator floor and died XD

I guess this is what happened:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2010, 12:19:18 AM »
Finally got into an Expert campaign that didn't cut out on me after 2 mins. Cleared Dead Centre Stage 1 ok, but Stage 2 was a nightmare. Must of got halfway through for about 10 times until something happened that just resulted in us dying. One time we got past a particularly tricky area for us, and was running on the walkway to reach the gun shop, and as we were going down the stairs, an idiot in our team threw a molotov right at our feet and killed all of us. :banghead:

It was about the 12th time that I just had to give up. Truly challenging but I love it for that. Expert realism mode must be so tough :o

And I got the achievement to collect 100 gas cans in scavenge and get 15 cans in one round all in the same game, and it wasn't even with one of the newer maps that have 22 cans as the upper limit :thumbsup

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2010, 08:09:36 AM »
lol Masa, and that is why I never play with randoms XD
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ayumi Shibata - YOU&I