JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Base Ball Bear - Girl Of Arms

Author Topic: [US] Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson  (Read 11265 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
[US] Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
« on: August 22, 2009, 12:53:02 AM »
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

Dwayne Johnson (born May 2, 1972) also known by his former ring name The Rock, and occasionally credited as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, is an American actor and retired professional wrestler. Johnson was a collegiate football player, and in 1991, he was part of the University of Miami's national championship team. He later played for the Calgary Stampeders in the Canadian Football League, but was cut two months into the season. This led to his decision to become a professional wrestler, like his grandfather, Peter Maivia and his father Rocky Johnson.

He gained mainstream fame as a wrestler in World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), originally known as the World Wrestling Federation (WWF), from 1996 to 2004, and was the first third-generation superstar in wrestling history. Johnson was quickly given a push in WWE, first as "Rocky Maivia", and then as "The Rock", a member of the Nation of Domination. Two years after he joined the WWE, Johnson won the WWF Championship, and became one of the most popular wrestlers within the company for his engaging interviews and promos. Since 2001, he has focused on an acting career, though he still makes occasional WWE appearances.

In professional wrestling, Johnson was a nine time world champion, having won the WWF/E Championship seven times (with his last reign being the WWE Undisputed Champion) and the WCW Championship two times. In addition to these championships, Johnson has also won the WWF Intercontinental Championship two times and the WWF Tag Team Championship five times. He is also the sixth WWF/E Triple Crown champion and was the winner of the 2000 Royal Rumble. Johnson is also an actor, with his first leading role in 2001, in The Scorpion King. For this film, he received the highest salary for an actor in his first starring role, earning $5.5 million. He has since appeared in movies such as The Rundown, Be Cool, Walking Tall, Gridiron Gang, The Game Plan, Get Smart, and Race to Witch Mountain.

Links
IMDB
Wikipedia

Dwayne Johnson Interview At Ellen Show 03/13/2009 (HQ)

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
Re: [US] Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 06:52:13 AM »
He BETTER play Black Adam in the new Shazam! movie that JUST STARTED TALKS AGAIN. WHoo!

Also, The Rock + SNL = The Greatest Ever. That is all.
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/the-rock-obama/1056126/

(Can't embed this apparently. Sorry).

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 06:54:14 AM »
Oh, Black Bolt paint over The Rock's tattoos look cool, but the hair is kinda scaring me  :lol:

I know BB's hair is like that but still...
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 05:28:33 AM »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 04:57:11 PM »

Drinking a whole gallon of milk will turn me into The Rock?  :huhuh

Who knew he also has a YouTube account.  :bigdeal:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 08:18:24 PM »
BroBible.com - Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Explains Why His Dad Is A Complete Badass After Buying Him A Truck For Christmas
- http://brobible.com/life/article/dwayne-the-rock-johnson-dad-truck-christmas/

Quote from: The Rock's Instagram

Bought my dad a Christmas gift and surprised him. He's had a hard life. This one felt good. My dad, Rocky Johnson is a minimalist. Always has been. Never asks me for much and over the years his needs are always the barest. Crazy story, my dad's dad died when he was 13yrs old. That Christmas, my dad's mom had her new boyfriend over for Christmas dinner. Her boyfriend got drunk and pissed on the turkey. My dad went outside, got a shovel, drew a line in the snow and said if you cross that line I'll kill you. The drunk crossed it and my dad laid him out cold as a block of ice. Cops were called. They told my dad's mom that when her boyfriend regains consciousness, he's gonna kill your son so one of them has got to go. In front of the entire family, my dad's mom looked at him and said get out. He was 13yrs old and now homeless. That f*cked up true story happened in Amherst, Nova Scotia, Canada in 1954. He needed the bare minimum then, just like does now. Over the years, I've moved him into a big home, got him trucks to drive - which he'll literally drive into the ground until I get him something else. Hell, I'll get him anything he wants, but the SOB just won't ask;). Every Christmas, I always think about that story and my dad having every odd stacked against him at 13, but he fought thru it and still made something of himself. Makes me appreciate his struggle and hard work. Also, makes me appreciate the fun times he would beat my ass in the gym so bad when I was 13 and say "If you're gonna throw up, go outside.. and if you're gonna cry, then go home to your mother". I hated it then, but I embrace it now. Made a man outta me. Without pissing on my turkey. Just a small way of saying thank you dad and Merry Christmas! #DwantaClaus
- https://www.instagram.com/p/BOpqezLDd6K/

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Base Ball Bear - Girl Of Arms