JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Miss A - Touch

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones  (Read 126853 times)

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: A Game of Thrones
« Reply #440 on: May 19, 2014, 10:34:17 AM »
Aside from the boobs overexposure (in the beginning I found it funny, now I find it sad) I also have to say they play "Rains of Castamere" far too often.
But I still love the show.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #442 on: May 24, 2014, 05:11:41 AM »
*sigh* Don't know if I can't wait another week until the next episode is out.

If you haven't heard, no new episode this Sunday. Next one's on June 1st. Blame Memorial Day Weekend.  :(

On the bright side maybe I could forget about that scene with Petyr and Sansa. *shivers*

Offline pharmchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #443 on: May 24, 2014, 02:01:27 PM »
new hope for for the imp..ops tyrion..i want him to win on the trial..i want him to despise his father and sister so badly
what happen to arya and sansa next..please let them be in a good hand..

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #444 on: June 03, 2014, 01:37:52 AM »
Lords and ladies, I give you Lady Alayne Stone, niece (bastard daughter in the books) of Petyr of House Baelish:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #445 on: June 04, 2014, 09:01:13 PM »
As a book reader I was quite surprised by how shocked I was at that horrific, gruesome death. The screams made it about 10x worse. I felt as uncomfortable watching it as I was with the Red Wedding. Funny to see people's reactions on Youtube shift so suddenly :lol: Shouts out to Pedro Pascal btw, who played Oberyn so brilliantly.

I prefer this version

« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 11:17:07 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #446 on: June 08, 2014, 07:16:56 AM »
I made the mistake of taking a big liking to his character. GDI.

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #447 on: June 08, 2014, 02:16:57 PM »
In my heart, I wished they'd change how the end would turn out. I really didn't want him to die.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #448 on: June 10, 2014, 10:54:26 AM »
In the books I didn't feel a real connection with Oberyn. When he died I was more concerned for the consequences this would have for Tyrion, than sad/shocked about the characters death. But Pedro Pascal did such a great job with Oberyn, it made it so much more worse, that I knew what was coming.

I read so much whining about episode 9 right now, it's unbelievable. What are people expecting? This is still a tv show and for that this was amazing! So many extras, the fighting, that longshot over Castle Black during the battle, Mammoths and giants for crying out loud!!!
Most are misunderstanding, that this was not the great attack on the Wall but rather a test (Jon says so himself!!!) to check out their defenses.

One episode left  :(

Offline [R-748]

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #449 on: June 10, 2014, 06:17:06 PM »
i knew it's gonna happen, but still.. Ygritte :cry:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #450 on: June 17, 2014, 04:15:42 PM »
Spoilers from the finale yeah,

They really did mess up Tyrion's storyline there. Tyrion, towards the end of this part in his story, was supposed to have become a monster. He wasn't supposed to hug Jaime goodbye; Tyrion was supposed to be left feeling that he really has nothing, no family. His murdering of Shae was not supposed to be in self-defense and he was not supposed to say he was sorry after. He was supposed to find out the truth about Tysha and that should have been his reason to ultimately confront his father, and kill him. He was supposed to hit the absolute rock bottom.

Instead he got a nice huggy bye bye from his bro, had to kill Shae because otherwise she would've killed him omg! and only killed Tywin for general cuntness and allowing him to be sentenced to death. Now little TV Tyrion is bummed out, but not nearly the monster that he became in the books, and I'M DISAPPOINTED. "But shirenu, why would you want your favourite character to become a horrible monster, to the extent that a ton of book readers even grew to hate him towards the end of ADWD?" Because I have a hunch that his story in the books got to the lowest possible point because it makes it possible for him to rise back up again and have a truly satisfying ending to his story (whether he lives or dies). TV Tyrion is so fucking soft and sheltered, anything he does from now will just be continuation to his previous ~awesomeness~ with just some added melancholy from having killed Shae and Tywin. But he won't be a monster who will have to work hard to become respectable again, D&D won't allow it.

I really don't think D&D understand some of these characters very well sigh. Tyrion is not supposed to be always loved, all his actions are not supposed to be defensible. Tyrion is not supposed to be a perfect 'outsider' for the audience to bond with. He's supposed to sometimes FALL HARD, just like all other characters. But D&D have made him so flawless and neckbeard fantasy jerk off wank party -like that he will only keep drifting further and further away from the complex Tyrion I know and love from the books.

I'm also bummed for Peter Dinklage because he SO would have been AMAZING doing a monstrous Tyrion. Can you imagine if he had choked Shae out of bitterness and anger?? That would've been fucking epic. I was prepared to feel like shit (in a good way) after the finale, but instead I felt like... That's IT? Those scenes were supposed to fucking destroy me and they did not even come close. Fucking hell.

Like I don't even mind details being changed as long as the emotional impact is the same. But this was just meh.

So yup, that was a rant. I've been toying with the idea of no longer watching this show, but it's so fucking hyped that I'll probably be drawn in again. Siggghhhhhh
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #451 on: June 17, 2014, 08:50:15 PM »
The finale was definately the biggest 'No we're doing this our way' direction that the show has gone. I did not think we would reach the finale and have Balon still live, Jojen killed and completely caught up to where Bran and Sansa are at the end of ADWD.

The Tyrion scenes were pretty surprising at what they changed. I thought the brotherly love throughout this season between Jaime and Tyrion would have come to a head after Jaime reveals about Tysha. Which then puts Tyrion at rock bottom thinking he's completely alone if his own brother betrayed him, which then led to him telling Jaime about Cersei fucking Lancel, which then puts a wedge in that relationship further on down the road...

I think the TV show has put more of a focus on Tyrion/Shae rather than Tyrion/Tysha (I think she's only been mentioned in Season 1?) so I guess that's why the Jaime revelation about her was cut. And perhaps why Tyrion was weeping as he choked Shae because in the show he genuinely loves her and to the TV audience, that's all he knows. As book readers we've had the benefit of reading Tyrion's inner thoughts as all this happens and we know he still has feelings for Tysha throughout the books, but the show just handled it differently. No better, no worse, it's just different. It would be weird for the audience to see Tyrion get so worked up over a character they've not seen before and rarely mentioned by him until now.

I do think from this point onwards the show will do it's own thing and maybe deviate quite a bit from AFFC and ADWD other than some main plot points. Considering that Stoneheart and Coldhands didn't show in this season at all, I wonder if they're kept back for another season (like with Jojen and Meera) or if they're not going to feature at all? I say that considering that D&D are the only ones who know how this all ends and so maybe they are just cutting out anything that won't be hugely relevant to the plot? Who knows. I do think that they're the best editors that GRRM has had though!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #452 on: June 18, 2014, 09:10:44 PM »
I wanna go drinking with Lena. That shirt of hers is such a troll considering the literal "stone heart" pic she put up on her Instagram a while back haha

Offline pharmchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #453 on: June 24, 2014, 05:16:37 PM »

lena as lesbian in IM&U was hot!!!!
she is the reason why i i watch GOT at first place :cow:

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #454 on: June 27, 2014, 02:03:41 PM »
SPOILER ALERT SEASON 5!!!!

Apparently a certain faceless character from season two will return. And it doesn't surprise me at all, makes perfect sense to bring him back. I always wondered if we'd see him again (in the books and the tv show).

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #455 on: July 09, 2014, 02:50:38 PM »
German FX company Mackevision (from my city whohooo  :twothumbs) released a VFX reel from their work on season 4.

Be prepared to have some of your illussions ruined!
When watching the show I rarely think "ok, this is cgi" that's how good it is! (or how engrossed I'm in this world)

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #456 on: July 17, 2014, 09:12:16 PM »
Grey Worm's actor Jacob Anderson is doing quite well here with his singing career as Raleigh Richie

Getting lots of airplay on the radio (since I hear this about 5 times a day at least lol) and doing well in the UK charts.

Then Lily Allen, who is the sister of Alfie Allen who plays Theon Greyjoy did a cover of it recently, for a slight GoT link xD

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #457 on: July 25, 2014, 11:52:11 PM »
Some casting news from San Diego Comic-Con. Don't know how I feel about this.  :?

Also from SDCC: BLOOPERS!!!

« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 03:55:53 PM by Hart »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #458 on: July 26, 2014, 02:44:50 PM »
Wonder if the Greyjoy's won't feature at all? Still plenty of time for future cast announcements anyway. Seems like there is a big focus on Dorne considering the number of characters and filming in Spain. To be fair, I don't even remember what happens in Dorne in the books.

Offline pootsy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #459 on: October 04, 2014, 05:02:43 PM »

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Miss A - Touch