JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Maximum the Hormone - Rokkinpo Goroshi

Author Topic: Boston Marathon Bombings Two Dead, More Than 100 Injured  (Read 16782 times)

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
Boston Marathon Bombings Two Dead, More Than 100 Injured
« on: April 16, 2013, 01:48:33 AM »
simply. what the fuck.

Two Dead, More Than 100 Injured In Boston Marathon Bombings

Two bombs ripped though the crowds lining the route of the Boston Marathon this afternoon, killing two spectators, injuring more than 100 people, and leaving the nation on edge as word of the explosions –and confused reports of additional devices–flared across television and social media.

The first explosion occurred at 2:50 PM ET, according to the Boston Police, when an unidentified device detonated on the north side of Boylston Street approximately fifty feet from the marathon’s finish line. A second explosion went off about ten seconds later less than 100 yards up the route. Police said two people had been killed and 28 others were injured in the blasts; the Boston Globe currently reports at least 107 injured.

Boston Police Commissioner Edward F. Davis told reporters at an afternoon press conference that no additional bombs had been found along the race route, but more recent reports –including a CBS news story citing Massachusetts congressman and Homeland Security committee member Bill Keating as a source– continue to assert that two other bombs have been found undetonated along the marathon route, including one at a hotel on Copley Square.

A fire which occurred at the JFK Library in South Boston about an hour after the attacks appears to be unrelated to the bombings, though the Boston Police says it is still investigating.

The identity and motivation of the bomber or bombers is still unknown, but local CBS affiliate WBZ reported that a suspect is being questioned,

Thank GOD. Yuuyami be safe. but the countless others. what is going on man. Thoughts and prayers BOSTON. UNITE. Others in the area, where u at?!

Offline saovansk

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings Two Dead, More Than 100 Injured
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 03:00:36 AM »
apparently the library incident is related now? least that's what i've heard

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
Re: Boston Marathon Bombings Two Dead, More Than 100 Injured
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 02:05:12 PM »
Patton Oswalt with an awesome take on the tragedy:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/patton-oswalt/patton-oswalt_b_3088337.html

Boston. Fucking horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem -- one human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in a while, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evildoers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Maximum the Hormone - Rokkinpo Goroshi