JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Perfect Piano Lesson - Two Hundred And Forty One Mondays

Author Topic: Official NFL Thread  (Read 422944 times)

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
Re: Official NFL Thread
« Reply #1060 on: January 11, 2009, 05:25:06 AM »
FIVE DOLLA FOOT LONGS!!

I just wanna see meow in a McNabb jersey :halo:

INSANE!!

Anything can happen in the NFL. Just mind boggling how Roderick Hood and the Cards D just made Delhomme drop the soap over and over again. Steve Smith WHERE U AT?!

And Titans - whoa. Ravens delivered. CJ being knocked out was hella key, but fuck wind to your back ya gotta do something - love that CFL reference on Westwood One with Marv Albert and Warren Moon. Giving The Eskimos PROPS!

I predict we'll see Leftwich in the game, Big Ben gonna get KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT! That's all I'm saying!

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1061 on: January 11, 2009, 05:31:21 AM »

33 - 13, Cardinals. I wonder who listened to the media more - the Cards or the Panthers? The Panthers looked like they thought all they had to do was show up and the Cards' will roll over and die. Cards looked like they felt they had something to prove to everybody.
Looking forward to the NFC Championship game.
Sev, sorry brotha- but it is what it is... maybe next year!!

Congrats to you long time Card fans for sticking with your team through thick and thin. Congrats to the Cards!

Thank you for letting me share this night with you.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 05:41:10 AM by meowchi »

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #1062 on: January 11, 2009, 02:17:40 PM »
It Happens again. Cards D leads the way to victory. Hat's off is the least I can do for them. Warner is looking good and the pass game is anything but bad. And when your D forces 5 turnovers, then you'll have a party.

meow said it on IRC, and it's true. It don't matter how you've performed in the reg season. Your team can be on the sickest win streak, and every element of your game can look spotless, but when playoffs begin you doubt yourself, you underestimate, look past the challenges ahead and you lose. Delhomme had his probably worst night since that late autumn day in '94 when he passed out at a party and woke up with penises drawn all over his face, a tabasco bottle in his butt and his wallet stolen. (this is a joke)

- Warner, Fitzgerald, Cards D#: You have proven yourself again. I salute you.
- Delhomme: Every time you throw an INT a panther kitten dies. You murderer.

meow: Don't worry. I get emotional for the moment (being a team player myself). It aint no thing tho. And you know I wont be rooting for no Panthers next year (probably). You know which way my colors are leaning. Baby Blue's baby!!!!!

This is sport. And this is why I love it more than anything else! And this is why I'm SERIOUSLY looking forward for tonight.
[/url]

Offline Ping

• Hiatus King
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Reina <3 4Eva!
« Reply #1063 on: January 11, 2009, 02:55:05 PM »
meow said it on IRC, and it's true. It don't matter how you've performed in the reg season. Your team can be on the sickest win streak, and every element of your game can look spotless, but when playoffs begin you doubt yourself, you underestimate, look past the challenges ahead and you lose.

Sometime's I begin to think, especially when it comes to NFL, that every game should be thought of as 0-0. Look what happened to the Patriots last year, there's just no telling what can happen. You ALWAYS gotta treat the next team as it's the biggest game of the season if you wanna have a perfect record. (Of course it's a different case if you don't have a perfect rec and need to rest your guys, but that's a gametime decision, not a pre-game one.) It just makes more sense to do it in the playoffs cause it's 1 and you're out.

It was a great game with the Ravens makin' a drive late in the last quarter to set up for the field goal and not allowing the Titans to get into FG range. Good job. As for the Panthers game, their whole O was off sync. Steve Smith not making a catch until the last couple minutes of the 3rd quarter? At one point of the game, Delhomme had 5 completions and 3 interceptions. Give it up for off rhythm O coupled with good pressure D to make them give up the 6 TOs, 5 of them being interceptions. Not to mention the Cardinal's offense really stepping it up with sweet drives for the whole first half and most of the second.

Two good games yesterday, and two more great ones to look forward to today.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #1064 on: January 12, 2009, 01:41:10 AM »
For Daigong-

FLY EAGLES FLY!!!

I'm very impressed with the Cards, hopefully AZ will see more Card fans than Dallas fans.

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1065 on: January 12, 2009, 02:39:56 AM »
I want to thank the Chargers for another great and memorable season. It really was a season of wishes and I'm glad we went to the playoffs. From beginning til' end, I never missed a snap. Philip Rivers had a great year- not to mention we beat a pro-bowl QB and League MVP.
They made football exciting again over the past month. Thanks for that.
I for one, live and die CHARGER FOOTBALL!!!

Here's to a healthy 2009!!!

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1066 on: January 12, 2009, 07:44:01 AM »
Steelers did good. Gotta hand 'em that. I'm still fucking pissed just for being a sore loser.
Well good job Chargers and sorry meow. Aint gonna be no jersey this year.

The shoutout (literally) of the week goes to McNabbet and 'answering the phone'. Yeah giants, anyone home? That shit was hilarious. Gotta give it to the old man, he's totally earning my respect.

It's all up to the Ravens now.
[/url]

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1067 on: January 12, 2009, 08:49:30 PM »
^ WERD. I laughed my ass off when McNabb does it. But that's what the Eagles do, play loose, have fun, and put it all on the field with total effort. Windy conditions? Slippery balls? The 2 minute drill before the 2nd half solved all that. TO BE THE CHAMPS! YOU GOTTA BEAT THE CHAMPS!

BUNKLY STICKING HIS HAND UP ELIS ASS!! BACK TO BACK $TH DOWN STOPPAGE! That was the play(s) of the game.
Fuck Joe Buck, deciding the game with 12 minutes to go in the 4th.

SWAG 100 BABY! Wiped that pube-stache off Eli's face! EAGLES DID it for YOU MEOW.

Tough break for the Chargers - Bring back LT fo sho. A balanced run attack is whatcha need. Hey, I'm glad to have GEEKED UP NFL fans up in here. RED BLOODED AMERICAN FOOTBALL!!

Focus is all on the Cards now - they shouldn't be taken lightly - tho I am sure Warner can be rattled, nor the Ravens - who gots to be the underdog. Another 6-3 score? :lol:

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #1068 on: January 12, 2009, 10:11:32 PM »
we got screwed..plain and simple

that's all I can say :(

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #1069 on: January 12, 2009, 10:51:26 PM »
Fuck Joe Buck, deciding the game with 12 minutes to go in the 4th.

OT: I'm also tired of Joe Buck, overall.  I've put up with his shit forever in the MLB postseason.  I can only imagine how NFL fans feel (e.g. going buckfuck when players fake a mooniing).

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #1070 on: January 13, 2009, 02:03:49 AM »
Tony Dungy just retired..one of the coaching greats in the NFL

It'll be interesting to see how the Colts(and Peyton) will do next season

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #1071 on: January 13, 2009, 07:09:12 AM »
The Cowboys lost to all 4 play off teams.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1072 on: January 13, 2009, 09:25:24 AM »
Coach Dungy: True Class. He led without yelliing and screaming and being an asshole. Doing it the right way, the positive way.

Love this Motorola commercial, him coaching a date:

OT: I'm also tired of Joe Buck, overall.  I've put up with his shit forever in the MLB postseason.  I can only imagine how NFL fans feel (e.g. going buckfuck when players fake a mooniing).

It was hilarious - HE'S THE FUCKING PLAY BY PLAY GUY. Yet he was commenting on statistics of being picked and BOOM Eagles got the interception - total fluke. I tried to tune to Westwood One radio but that dumb delay.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #1073 on: January 15, 2009, 01:44:12 AM »
Thimas and his Cowboy Nation wants Pittsburgh to lose to the Ravens.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1074 on: January 17, 2009, 12:02:10 AM »
Thimas and his Cowboy Nation wants T.O. to be waived the fuck outta here like his name was Pacman Jones.

Jon Gruden FIRED!!

DO IT JERRY!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1075 on: January 18, 2009, 10:37:20 PM »
LET'S GO EAGLES!!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1076 on: January 19, 2009, 01:22:16 AM »
Tough. Tough. Loss. I wanted to kick the shit outta someone but Rika saved me. Defense gave up too much in the first half.

Eagles made it close with the 25-24 lead. But fuck, they shouldn't have hard blitz'd Warner when knowing he is the extreme. Not enough pressure. Fitzgerald madness. Drop passes. Bad routes. Injuries...esp. in the running game.

It's hard to know if there's gonna be the same team returning. Dawk. D-Mac. Runyan. The cornerstones.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #1077 on: January 19, 2009, 01:58:18 AM »
CARDS!  PROVE IT!!! Super Bowl 43!!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1078 on: January 19, 2009, 05:50:14 AM »
THAT WAS PAINFUL. I dunno, how long I am gonna get over this but I will....McNabb please come back. Dawkins. Tra Thomas.

Congrats to the Cards! Confuzzled the D in the first half. NOW BRING ON THE STEELERS!!

I'm picking the Steelers in this one. Hines Ward MVP #2

Should be a good game in Tampa!

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1079 on: January 19, 2009, 12:20:43 PM »
Ward got injured but they still pulled it off with ease. Maybe it was the pressure that got to young Flacco, or it just wasn't his day. Two strong D's facing off and an all out exciting match. Roth looked smooth on the field, moving like he was 100lbs lighter.

It's gonna be one great Super Bowl for sure. Not the teams i ever thought about picking. But who can't support Warner and his cards. I won't call it a cinderally story like Flacco and his Ravens could've made it, but one for the book for sure if the old man makes it through. Hightower, Fitzgerald.. you go boys.
[/url]

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Perfect Piano Lesson - Two Hundred And Forty One Mondays