JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Berryz Koubou - Kokuhaku no Funsui Hiroba

Author Topic: Official NFL Thread  (Read 410008 times)

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
Re: Official NFL Thread
« Reply #1040 on: December 31, 2008, 03:09:19 PM »
Pretty uniforms. LOL! You should see my all pink Gunslingaz team in Madden '09. :P

Word of advice. Check out the team pages of the fantasy league. I'm the only motherfucker with an assisting coach. LOL. YEAH MOTHERFUCKERS you all got double covered by me. We even had like meetings before the games and shit lol. And yeah, well he used to be a footballer (QB) so he knows his shit. XD

NEXT YEAR I'M COMING IN WITH AN ENTIRE STAFF OF PRO COACHES. '09 Fantasy draft is going to be SICK i tell you all.

GO CHURGERS! Panthers will win tho...
[/url]

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1041 on: January 01, 2009, 07:39:58 PM »
BLEEDING CHARGER BLUE BABY.

The Chargers have finally shown, within the last several games, the promise that we, their fans expected to see after their terrific 2007 season. Our key players are finally healthy (with the exception of Merriman and boy do we miss him in the pass rush).

The Chargers have already gone further than anyone could have forseen when they were 4-8. The stars have aligned correctly and every little thing that needed to happen in order for the Chargers to go to the playoffs has happened. As a long-suffering fan who bleeds Charger blue, I for one, am proud of my team and what they have managed to accomplish--against all odds.

Remember...the Chargers only lost to the Colts on a field goal this year and the team the Colts faced early on in the year is not the same team the Broncs faced a few  nights ago.

Yes our secondary (what the hell happened to Antonio Cromartie this year?) and our pass rush still leave something to be desired--but with healthy players (all LT has needed all year long was a blocker big enough to give him a two second hole) and a fire to succeed, my Bolts could go all the way.

Props to LT, to Darren "Zoom Zoom" Sproles, Phillip Rivers, Jacob Hester, Vincent Jackson, Brandon Manumaleuna, Antwan Applewhite, Jamal "the Wall" Williams, Shaun Phillips, and Luis Castillo for their outstanding dedication to the game last night.

I love my CHARGERS! I'll be wearing my RIVERS jersey on Friday AND Saturday!! CHARGER PRIDE!!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 07:42:47 PM by meowchi »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1042 on: January 03, 2009, 09:19:45 PM »
EPIC POST MEOW!! WILD CARD WEEKEND IS HERE! This message from your MVP Peyton Manning!

Rivers jersey, eh? Mine's in the basement since I washed it   - THEY WENT ON THAT CRAZY DECEMBER RUN!!

I just got one thing to say...

Eagles also copied my "non shaving" 'tude lol..but I live and die with my Eagles. It was a long hard road to get here, and it took the Football Gods to align shit right. I'M JACKED THE FUCK UP!!

The only thing I'm worried about is the 3rd down conversions but the past month, it has steadily improved. And stopping the run versus Adrian Peterson?? 4th in the league stopping the likes of Marian Barber and Clinton Portis. Onlt that MANCHILD Brandon Jacobs rushed over 100 vs the Eagles in WEEK 10. But when Jim Johnson dials it up, Tavaris Jackson IS TOAST. ASSante Samuel will make the field, who the fuck sits out a playoff game?? Turnovers is key, B-Dawk, Sheldon Brown, Trent Cole, and Quintin Mikell will be popping and locking straight into the endzone. Oh, and the Eagles are first in the NFC in yards allowed (274.3 yards per game)

McNabb is gonna have plenty of time to operate the Offense. Westbrook has had an up and down season, but WILL make that big play(s). Buckhalter has come onto his own, and the offense is spread wider than Tori Black's eagle. DeSean Jackson, Greg Lewis, Kevin Curtis, even freaking Brent Celek  - all making that big play. It is McNabb that is gonna be key, bumbling the OT, counted out over and over again, he just keeps that positive vibe and "Kill Em With Kindness" as he says. He just picks himself up, and keeps shuffling, scrambling, making pinpoint passes. 2008 marks his highest passing yard total EVER, and that included his MVP-like season with TO. His size and legs will make Jared Allen and the Viking defense think twice before trying to rush him, Offensive Line NEEDS to play it's A game. Look for McNabb to hand it off more.

WHOA JPHiP.com's tama-chan is reporting that LT's groin is detached. I don't even wanna imagine what that looks like  :bleed eyes:

HOLLATCHABOY!!!

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1043 on: January 03, 2009, 10:03:23 PM »
Gates and Tomlinson both questionable for an ankle and groin injury, respectively. Which obviously is a set back for the Chargers. There's no love in me for Rivers, but tonight, hopefully, he will get the fucking job done. I'm so seriously not staying up until 6AM again just to watch [Colt fans can stop reading now] Manning and his butt bitches make it through.

meow asked me to simulate the game on Madden 09 with the latest rosters and shit. I aint telling how it went.. It's just a fucking game and it don't matter what the outcome was COZ TONIGHT IS ALL ABOUT BABY BLUE AND THE THUNDER TEARING THEIR OPPONENTS ASUNDER!

If he's playing, he might be the deciding factor, yeah, I'm talking about GOLDEN STATE'S SUNSHINE SMILE.

Ps. Watch Falcons send the Cardinals back to wherever they came from.
[/url]

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #1044 on: January 03, 2009, 10:16:54 PM »
I got a feeling he'll play like T.O. did with a broken leg in the Super Bowl :lol:

Hope my Titans don't choke next week

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1045 on: January 04, 2009, 06:20:09 AM »
Heeeell yeaaah!

The Baby Blue's sang again. And the colts were outta bullets.

SPROLES. GOD DAMMIT! That boy is fucking awesome. And what a game. Close right from the beginning to the end. As it mother fucking should be. The flags. Kaedings field goal. Sunshine Smile's 2 1st downs in the end. It all made a difference. But it was Speedy Gonzales Sproles who got the pleasure of sending the Colts back to wherever they came from. Mad props to butt bitch Manning tho. He did good. He did good for sure.

And Atlanta got the short end of the stick against Arizona. Not quite as an entertaining game imo, but not one sided at all. The Arizona D# was looking seriously slick. If they keep that up they might be in for a loooooong time. We'll see.

Now watch Minnesota make bird stew outta the Eagles and Baltimore (Sorry Maria) have their way with the Flippers.

AGAIN GO CHARGERS!!! ALL THE WAY BABY.

I promised meow i'd buy a jersey if when chargers win the bowl. Might be time for me to pick colors.
[/url]

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #1046 on: January 04, 2009, 06:30:23 AM »
Congrats to Meowchan's Chargers.  Saw the last few minutes of OT and that last score looked almost easy...

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1047 on: January 04, 2009, 08:13:10 AM »
GJ Chargers!! MAN THAT WAS AN EPIC GAME. Fuckin Sproles shorter than me, making blocks, rumbling stumbling - over 328 all purpose yardage! LT WHO? They shoulda scored at that last. How Gates went for back-to-back 1st downs is beyond me. Indy's defense must've been spent. Brainfarted at the end. Bob Sanders just wasn't himself. I fo sho Indy was gonna seal the deal. It was odd in OT man, like penalty after penaly like they making up for that Denver game...Refs made so many calls that the flow was wack as fuck, you just gotta let players play in the playoffs.

Hey Sev, Eagles D will make you shit outta your face by the time it reaches 5 pm PST. Yeah, Dawkins is DAT SCARY. It be the titanium skeleton.

CARDS pulled a fast one on Ryan and the Falcons, who knew EJ was still playing?? Ken WIZZ-in-hunt (Whisenhunt) and Steve Breaston - Cards got da Perviest names in the league!

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #1048 on: January 04, 2009, 09:34:17 AM »
It was odd in OT man, like penalty after penaly like they making up for that Denver game...Refs made so many calls that the flow was wack as fuck, you just gotta let players play in the playoffs.

Very unfortunate.  Conspiracy, anyone?  How far can the Chargers go?

No PTI for a week and a half so I'm out of the loop with the NFL dramas...

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1049 on: January 04, 2009, 11:38:44 AM »
WOOT Chargers won!!! It was one of the hardest games I have watched them play so far. A couple of mistakes in the game, but they all made up for it. Hoping for the best next week >.<. Hopefully LT can somewhat heal up more to take some carries, but if he doesn't get the chance we still got Sproles. Chargers have to re-sign him after the season is over, he's the man!!

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1050 on: January 04, 2009, 04:00:01 PM »
Hey Sev, Eagles D will make you shit outta your face by the time it reaches 5 pm PST. Yeah, Dawkins is DAT SCARY. It be the titanium skeleton.
Yeah we'll see. I'm just saying, if the Birdies can turn this around and beat the big bad Vikings.. Shit... What can I do but salute McNabb and his chicken nuggets. I don't think the chances are that big tho.

But you can never say never in sports, especially Football. One bad day, one bad quarter, one bad play, and yer out.
[/url]

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #1051 on: January 04, 2009, 04:46:52 PM »
Honestly, I didn't the the Chargers were going to win, especially with that fumble near the goal line and Rivers throwing the interception in the end zone..Told ya LT was gonna play!

Now, I'm starting to feel really nervous about the Titans advancing...

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1052 on: January 04, 2009, 07:23:17 PM »
It was odd in OT man, like penalty after penaly like they making up for that Denver game...Refs made so many calls that the flow was wack as fuck, you just gotta let players play in the playoffs.

Very unfortunate.  Conspiracy, anyone?  How far can the Chargers go?

No conspiracy. Every penalty was followed by evidence of the act, slow motion replays showing the penalties in action. You can only prove what you have seen. The Colts are also one of the leading teams in the NFL with penalties. Coincidence? Not at all.

So on that note, I've got zero sympathy for the Colts and that holding call. They are the ones who whined beyond belief when the Patriots were constantly beating them in the playoffs using that same tactic. Bill Polian was the one who led the charge to the the rules committee to make it a point of emphasis. They finally benefited from it in 2006 when they won it all and now they have to deal with the consequences when the call goes against them.

Ron Rivera did an amazing job calling the defense.
Mike Scifres really was the MVP, pinning the Colts down to the 2 at the end. Punters don't get much credit but this guy had an amazing game.
Sproles? The Colts will be haunted by 5'6" little smurfs running all over the place for the next year.

Specially this guy:

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #1053 on: January 06, 2009, 06:29:43 AM »
Rumor is that maybe Jones will try to hire Shanahan for the 'boys in 2010.

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1054 on: January 07, 2009, 06:18:29 AM »
Yeah we'll see. I'm just saying, if the Birdies can turn this around and beat the big bad Vikings.. Shit... What can I do but salute McNabb and his chicken nuggets. I don't think the chances are that big tho.

But you can never say never in sports, especially Football. One bad day, one bad quarter, one bad play, and yer out.

Yup, I agree-
Wins in a season don't tell the whole story. We won 14 two years ago and the Pats won 16 last year and neither earned a Super Bowl ring.

If the Steelers lose Sunday, they'll finish with 12 wins and they'll view their season as a disappointment, even with a 12-5 record.

If we win out, we'll have won 12 games too (and finish 12-8) but it will be considered a more impressive season.

Being a long-time Chargers fan has taught me to not underestimate any team and take nothing for granted. Our only Superbowl appearance was with a team that started 0-4. We started 4-8 this year and beat the hottest team in the NFL. We've also had great teams who faded in January and had their seasons end in disappointment.

We could very easily lose on Sunday - any sensible Chargers fan can appreciate that. However, any Steelers fan that thinks this upcoming game is a piece of cake doesn't remember our last playoff meetings.

In the NFL, the only way to win in the postseason is to play your best football, limit your own mistakes and capitalize on your opponent's mistakes.

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1055 on: January 07, 2009, 10:45:41 AM »
Awesome new ava meow!! Fuckin Family Father Philip Rivers. What a gentleman.

* Sev Salute's McNabbit & The Chicken Nuggits
They deserve it. That was a good victory for the eagles.

I said it a few times and I'm holding with it. Chargers will win this weekends game as Baltimore (this is my wild card) and go AFC final. NYG and the Panthers will face eachother in NFC. -- Now Tennessee are looking awesome, but i have faith in the Ravens. So do I in meows Sunshine Smile & the Baby Blue's. Carolina on their hand should, I'm saying should, coz again, this is sports and you never know what happens, win against the Cards. And, sorry daigong, I think NYG will crush the Nuggits, I'm hoping otherwise, coz I have no love for the Giants.

I love you guys. I love sports. Everything and anything can happen. Can't wait till this weekend. WOOOOOOOO!!
[/url]

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1056 on: January 10, 2009, 12:36:59 AM »

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1057 on: January 10, 2009, 12:18:03 PM »
DOMINATION! SNOT BUBBLES!

I'm still geeked up over the Eagles over the Vikings. Chris Clemons body slamming Jackson XD Tremendous game. I was waiting waiting for the screen play and BAM!! Perfect blocks. Eagles too were counted out like the Chargers. A TEAM OF DESTINY. On any given Sunday - anything can happen! It was a defensive battle for 3.5 quarters and finally they broke through. Momentum is a bitch. Jim Johnson knows. I knows it. GIANTS KNOW IT? I don't think so.

This Sunday's matchup is gonna be a chess battle fo sho. Spagnuolo be under the Eagles tree until he became the "genius" of Giants D.

Eli and the Giants are in for a big beatdown. Manning is not as mobile as that 'epic' pass to Tyree vs the Patriots would make you think! Dawkins, Sheppard, Brown, ASSante, will swarm. Clemons and Cole are much larger than what the Giants have to offer. I am watching the NFL Network AS WE SPEAK and the gameplan is simple. Rush Manning and make he wish he really joined the Oreo licking league, keep McNabb protected like an extra thick condom a slippery cock. Jon Runyan will be BALLS cuz he won't let Just Fuck and the LBs penetrate.

That's the gayest post I ever made. I need to go wank to some Meiko Kaji :sweatdrop:

And hey TDUCK - with superstar coaches taking their pick, who knows. Shanahan and Cowher waiting for that big payoff. I suddenly got a JPH!P forum award in mind lol.

CHALLENGE!

You know what's a fuckin awesome challenge? Whoevers team makes it the farthest in the postseason has to get that OTHER dudes jersey. For example. If you a Cards fan and I'm a Panthers fan, if Panthers lose, Cards win, I gotta get a Cards jersey. AND WEAR IT! ALL WEEK. Without showering. Dude, I am so fucking evil   :tama-mad:

WHO'S GAME?

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1058 on: January 10, 2009, 06:51:45 PM »
DOMINATION! SNOT BUBBLES!
You know what's a fuckin awesome challenge? Whoevers team makes it the farthest in the postseason has to get that OTHER dudes jersey. For example. If you a Cards fan and I'm a Panthers fan, if Panthers lose, Cards win, I gotta get a Cards jersey. AND WEAR IT! ALL WEEK. Without showering. Dude, I am so fucking evil   :tama-mad:

I think Sev already has that deal with the chargers! But i'll be cheering for the Eagles in that game... I just don't like Eli Manning (I'm San Diegan).

As for THE GAME- Bolts VS. Steelers? MY PREDICTIONS:
Close game.

Field will be the factor.
*Can Sproles and company be able to play through the rough weather conditions/field conditions.
*Can Rivers find his receivers?
*Can O-line Prevent Pass-Defense by Steelers?
*Can Chargers Defense get to Ben RottenBurger early and often...punch him in the mouth all game long and make him think instead of just sticking with game-plan?
*Can Norv find a way to utilize the Chargers offensive weapons?
*Can Ron Rivera find a way to beat the Steelers early?

I say Score will be:

Chargers-24 (3 TD's 1 FG)
Steelers-19 (4 FG's 1 TD)

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1059 on: January 10, 2009, 07:13:58 PM »
I think Sev already has that deal with the chargers!
Well. Our deal is that i get a Chargers jersey when the Baby Blue's win the bowl. And I'm down with that for sure. Finally gettin some colors.

Chargers-24 (3 TD's 1 FG)
Steelers-19 (4 FG's 1 TD)
DAMN! That's some in depth freaking predictions girl.

What can I say? You got it that detailed then I'm with you. I mean when you put it out like that then you cant be but right. And I will add that Sunshine Smile will score 2TD's in the game and LT the third. LT is out, Sunshine Smile is Q. I really hope he will play.

As for Eagles - GiAYants im not sure. I want McNabbet and the Chicken Nuggets to win but I think it'll be tough. We'll see. I'll pass on predicting anything there.

Todays games:
Bal @ Ten (19 - 17)
Ari @ Car (14 - 31)

Game's on in 3 hours. I can't wait.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 08:14:17 PM by Sev »
[/url]

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Berryz Koubou - Kokuhaku no Funsui Hiroba