JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Buono! - Honto no Jibun

Author Topic: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread  (Read 303172 times)

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1620 on: January 12, 2013, 03:20:54 AM »
^I know, that's what MSF is for, with Sayu in all her creepy Pedobunny glory that doesn't detract (too much) from the fact that she's actually a really nice person underneath all that narcissism and wit. XD I have some ideas for Sayu and Riho but I'm having too much fun randomly throwing the 9/10kies around like rag dolls in a mad tea party. :lol:

I actually have an idea for Zukki btw, there was one blog post where I felt like she had a crush on Eripon (of all people), and I still can't really shake that feeling entirely. XD You could try something with that? Either that or I might. :lol:

In any case we can always agree that crack pairings are fun and I tend to be averse to mainstream pairings as well, with some exceptions. Then again, with me writing most of the 9/10kies fic on JPHiP I wonder if that doesn't make whatever I write automatically mainstream, seeing how I am the only one spamming stories (again, there are a couple others, but I'm the most prolific). Of course if you take the wider ficdom into account (like from other languages and all), then I'm not really throwing up any major surprises so far. MaaDuu, IshiDuu, SayaIshi, PonPon etc are as mainstream as you can get if you head into the Japanese and Chinese sites. XD I wonder what time will throw up eventually. XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1621 on: January 12, 2013, 03:36:50 AM »
^ Eripon has come up often but seems unrequited for msot times with her but I intend in using her once in a great while  :lol:

Well you are doing it the most so far as Rokun has been doing Berryz (well he was at one time) but I have those weird ones where I forget why I wrote about them.  (Now thanks for an idea that just came up) :lol:

I can't read Chinese so it would be a miracle to do so and as for Japanese... it be a project of huge proportions but I will TRY really really really hard to translate.  I also read some interesting stuff too which needs to be used but just how it will fit, ("playful" physical abuse seems to be the best course) :lol:

Sayu is totally different now then before, its not the Sayu when Koha was around or the After-Koha effect, a dare say "motherly" woman with 90% ojisan blood :lol: (it maybe the wrong words but seems that way to me) XD
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1622 on: January 12, 2013, 03:49:53 AM »
^I've actually translated a couple of Japanese and Chinese fics for Yuuchan's benefit in my time, and I was contemplating translating some of the more interesting Japanese fics I've read, but it's a lot of work and I would rather write my own stuff at the moment. Maybe when I'm on a dry spell for ideas I could try translating other people's fics. Haha. Some of the things out there are really good! I wonder what else I'm missing with all the languages I don't know still out there. o_o

Sayu interests me. You can interpret her in so many ways and she's never boring. :D One of my favourite people to write in general. I have the same feeling for Eripon too, but less developed since the kid is still young. :lol:

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1623 on: January 12, 2013, 05:26:00 AM »
^ She does produce a lot of ideas but I haven't got that much from the newbies as of late :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1624 on: January 12, 2013, 05:30:24 AM »
Haha I stalk the children (in a non-Sayu way!) through their blogs and radio shows. They're funny, fresh and cute. It's a nice balance against my naturally grouchy self. :lol:

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #1625 on: January 12, 2013, 06:39:49 AM »
So how does everyone feel about their ships? Feel free to go into extended discussions about pairings. I'm quite curious about what everyone thinks actually. XD

i like too many ships lol atleast for the momusu department. my main one's aigaki anyway and i talk about them endlessly ^^; but for the kids is like you can mix them with eachother and its alright cus they're so fresh and stuff... sadly i havent caught up with all their blogs and honestly after 2 months of not reading translations i feel like i'd kill myself if i tried to read them all @~@ (im like 4 months behind on ai's and im fearing to go back there lol) but im pretty happy that 9th and 10thgen have blogs now cus its opened a can of worms for ideas for alot of ppl, and we get to know more info..like how zukki and eripon wernt so friendly when they 1st started unlike now XD

i'd love to write something about those 2 in cute friendhip type way but i still havent grasped their personalities yet..and i feel like i wouldnt be writing them properly if i actually did it hence why i stick to what i know which is aigaki with ocassional side of gakipon. speaking of which i had a gakipon story too but i lost modivation to cont. it

it feel like lately i've had many ideas for stuff but i'm either to lazy to write it out or i just cant write it out the way i see it in my head so i just leave it alone ;3; its kinda frustrating, and the fact i started school again this semester isnt helping it. :catglare:
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1626 on: January 12, 2013, 07:48:23 AM »
Haha I stalk the children (in a non-Sayu way!) through their blogs and radio shows. They're funny, fresh and cute. It's a nice balance against my naturally grouchy self. :lol:

It is great that you do that, I don't have too much time to just sit and read it carefully for an idea, I find some and go with it but in the end, its meh :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1627 on: January 12, 2013, 08:41:12 AM »
^I use my commute time productively :lol: if I have to spend at least 2-3 hours every day stuck on public transport of some kind, I might as well stick a couple of radio shows on my phone and catch up as I go. Bonus points for reading the kids' blogs while listening. XD I caught up with Riho Deli last year that way. Batch downloads are awesome lol. The only problem with listening to the radio shows in public is that sometimes they say really funny shit and I have to try and control my laughter. XD

Besides, the kids only update their blogs at night, and only rarely in the day. When they do it's usually on weekends or if they have some kind of event going on. Pretty easy to keep track as long as it's a daily routine...I can't keep up with Reina and Sayu because they keep posting through the day and I get lazy about checking theirs :lol: anyway if there's anything interesting my twitter feed updates me because I've been following wota accounts who are also shippers. It's hilarious and I want to pick their brains for fic ideas sometimes :lol: I feel like that's all I use my twitter account for nowadays...lmao.

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1628 on: January 12, 2013, 08:52:11 AM »
^ I only have 30 minutes both ways and most of the time goes into challenging my brain with puzzles :nervous (something to wake me up for work) If I was living alone, I probably would have the time but the family takes most of it :lol:

In the end, I gather from the posts but I end up using my own ideas and suit them to the story (probably the reason why it seems out there most of the time)

The selling point is trying to avoid the popular, add the male twist (it seems awkward sometimes), and hope for the best (most of the time leap of faith)

In the end, I like the story a lot = Why did I even attempt that?
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #1629 on: January 24, 2013, 05:21:02 AM »
so this question just actually hit me and i actually cant remember if its been asked before or not(most likely has) but i was wondering when/if you guys get comments from your stuff what do you look/hope for? like just a simple "it was great!" or a way more in depth reply?

for me its mostly a mixture of both cus sometimes i just cant find the right words to reply or someone's already said it ^^;
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1630 on: January 24, 2013, 05:31:28 AM »
^ tbh I just want to get a comment :lol: regardless of the depth

Seriously, I would like the in depth comment but I also do want something privately if possible.
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline SarangAi

• TakaGaki<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • GAKI-SAN!!! <333
« Reply #1631 on: January 24, 2013, 06:23:56 AM »
^
^
that is a GREAT question.  seriously.  so great.   XD

I'm usually happy with JUST a comment, whatever it may be, because it means someone's reading.  a simple sentence about the character, or how fun the story is, or anything, with an emoticon or something usually does it for me.  enough to get my thanks  :thumbsup

but of course, the in-depth comments ARE very much more appreciated, and i say "more" simply because they put in MORE time to write them out.  "in-depth" being quote-by-quotes, or paragraph-format ranting about angst or something, or simple comments or constructive criticism on my writing style...  I dont necessarily LOOK for them or PREFER them but i do APPRECIATE them more.  because those take time and everybody's busy in the real world.  It's amazing that people would write long comments about what you wrote. it's a great feeling.  :twothumbs

But i guess i also do feel bad because i usually don't/can't give an equally long response back.  i'm SO bad at organizing, like, i can't pick out the important points made that i should respond to and stuff like that.  which is why a short comment is good enough for me :nervous

Even leaving thanks is cool too.  Cuz it means someone's reading.  XD

avii&sig by the wonderful kawaii beam~!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1632 on: January 24, 2013, 06:27:45 AM »
Oooh comments! I love comments! :D

Spazzing aside, I generally like comments that tell me what the reader thought. Whether it made them sad/happy or if it gave them any ideas or insights. Because then I can judge how well I got my point across, and what kind of effect it had on my audience. I know what effect my writing has on me, but I'm not other people, so I don't know what they're thinking. XD Plus if you say stuff about what you thought might happen, you never know if I might just work on that angle because it wasn't something I thought about previously and I like the idea. XD

But yeah I generally welcome all comments because it's like the only indicator of interest apart from leaving thank yous, and it's nice to know people care since we don't get paid to write or anything. :lol:

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #1633 on: January 24, 2013, 07:44:48 AM »
I love just getting a comment. Anything. XD Affirmation keeps me out of the cold pit of Writer's Block despair. :lol: Of course, in depth comments are nice in that, like Essy said, getting insight on how we're coming across is very helpful. I also like to leave in depth comments when I'm not feeling lazy or burned out and if I am, I try to at least let the author know that I've read the whatever they wrote. The thanks system on this site is a god send sometimes, like when I should be working. XD

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #1634 on: January 30, 2013, 07:16:09 AM »
-pops in-

Remember when I was an asshole who held my chapters hostage with comments as the ransom? xD Furthermore, it was divided into 15 "nonquality" or 7 "quality" comments lololol That's so horrible of me, to give my own comments a point system... xD

-disappears under hardhat-

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1635 on: January 30, 2013, 08:32:20 AM »
^hahaha those days! I miss our Golden Era. :lol: Even if you were horrible abut the comment thing :P

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Quietriot

• Yankiifest 2012
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • do a thing make a writing
« Reply #1636 on: January 31, 2013, 05:06:49 AM »
-rolls in-

I like it when readers start to pull some of the threads in my stories together. Like when people have those little a-ha moments and they realize that I've been leaving a breadcrumb trail the entire way.  :cathappy: I also enjoy just hearing feedback, like reactions to things and stuff, but I'm a grade-A troll so maybe I just enjoy making people suffer. XD I appreciate any commentary tho, but I've gotten to where I'm really bad at responding... or I don't want to spoil things. Either way its nice to know people are reading. :3

...Except ya know... I haven't updated in months now...
...hm.

-rolls away-

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1637 on: January 31, 2013, 08:01:14 AM »
^ Omg, are you new here? I mean, you seem vaguely familiar.... But that can't be... You DO remind me of someone with a similar name, though. Does anyone else remember?

:P :P

Offline Quietriot

• Yankiifest 2012
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • do a thing make a writing
« Reply #1638 on: January 31, 2013, 04:26:27 PM »
...if you've forgotten about me does that mean that i don't have to update anymore?  :cathappy:

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1639 on: February 01, 2013, 04:31:39 AM »
^ :catglare:

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Buono! - Honto no Jibun