JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 4 in Love - Shui Pa Shui

Author Topic: FAIL CON ~talk + pics of bad conventions / experiences ~  (Read 3497 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
FAIL CON ~talk + pics of bad conventions / experiences ~
« on: August 30, 2009, 01:29:22 AM »
Well, we been to the BEST of the BEST conventions *cough* Sakura Con in Seattle and Anime Expo in Los Angeles!! :halo:

But have you ever been to really really bad ones that make your just go FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!

That  I want my money back! or leave after 15 minutes. :lol:

Or just seen pics of really FAIL CON?? POST it HERE!

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: FAIL CON ~talk + pics of bad conventions / experiences ~
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 01:34:25 AM »
Here's Animethon (http://www.animethon.org) from 2005. I admit, I went there to stalk Akinastar BUT FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. It was just rooms of watching anime. And the merch room was some sorta Chinatown discount market.

And Chatin won the karaoke contest, too bad I was too FUCK THIS SHIT to go for Day 2 lol else we would have footage.

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: FAIL CON ~talk + pics of bad conventions / experiences ~
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 03:58:28 PM »
I don't have pics, but I (and some friends) attended the first Anime North convention in Toronto in 199...7? I think?

God, what a failure. We walked into the hotel, and in the lobby area there was a mailing list sign-up sheet, and a dude with a few Dragonball figures on his table. Was he selling them? I don't know. If so, it was an odd area for a dealer table. I think they may have had a room or two showing anime, but I don't think anything interested us.

So we went to the basement, where everyone was congregating (for some reason). Awesome! It was a bunch of people (including some of the stereotypical fat cosplayers -- a particular Sailor Saturn is still burned into my mind) just hanging around chatting. There was one table that had people drawing in sketchbooks, but for the most part people were just milling around. The most memorable thing for me was finding a vending machine that sold Five Alive juice boxes, as I hadn't seen Five Alive in a store for years at that point. We stayed for a few more minutes before finding saying "screw it" and hanging around Toronto for the rest of our time there.

In addition, the enjoyment of said trip was hampered by the fact that my friends and I made the trip to Toronto and back in a single day (because a friend's dad was our guardian on the trip, as we were all under 18, and that's how he set up the trip). Ugh. Woke up at 2 or 3 in the morning, rode a train for God knows how many hours (and our car had a high school choral group constantly singing...yay), then spent a gorgeous day in Toronto, then at 8 or 9 had to be back at the station for another long train ride back home. Definitely not the best way to take in Toronto, believe me.

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 4 in Love - Shui Pa Shui