JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - Twinkle Star

Author Topic: Quentin Tarantino  (Read 9852 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Quentin Tarantino
« on: August 03, 2009, 10:00:20 PM »
Quentin Tarantino

Quentin Jerome Tarantino (born March 27, 1963) is an American film director, screenwriter, producer, cinematographer and actor. In the early 1990s he was an independent filmmaker whose films used nonlinear storylines and aestheticization of violence. His films include My Best Friend's Birthday (1987), Reservoir Dogs (1992), Pulp Fiction (1994), Jackie Brown (1997), Kill Bill (Vol. 1 2003, Vol. 2 2004), Death Proof (2007) and Inglourious Basterds (2009). His films have earned him Academy, Golden Globe, BAFTA and Palme d'Or Awards and he has been nominated for Emmy and Grammy Awards. In 2007, Total Film named him the 12th greatest director of all-time. Tarantino's latest film, Inglourious Basterds was released at the Cannes Film Festival on 20 May 2009.

Links
IMDB
Wikipedia

Filmography
# Inglourious Basterds (2009)
# Grindhouse (2007) ("Death Proof")
# Sin City (2005) Special Guest Director
# Kill Bill Vol. 2 (2004)
# Kill Bill Vol. 1 (2003)
# Jackie Brown (1997)
# Four Rooms ("The Man From Hollywood") (1995)
# Pulp Fiction (1994)
# Reservoir Dogs (1992)

QUENTIN TARANTINO Interview 1997

Kill Bill interview:
[noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auIn_TTuJhQ[/noembed]
[noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpiKZPi7-ks[/noembed]
[noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkJwFsA-KDY[/noembed]

My favorite director totally deserves a thread! :theking

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: Quentin Tarantino
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 10:22:35 AM »
Tarantino's Top 20 Movies Since 1992

Top 20
- Battle Royale
- Anything Else
- Audition
- Tsui Hark's The Blade
- Boogie Nights
- Dazed & Confused
- Dogville
- Fight Club
- Friday
- The Host
- The Insider
- Joint Security Area
- Lost In Translation
- The Matrix
- Memories of Murder
- Police Story 3
- Shaun of the Dead
- Speed
- Team America
- Unbreakable
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 10:28:55 AM by Masa »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 11:03:48 PM »
Quentin Tarantino Promises Kill Bill Vol. 3 Sometime Soon?

Can we trust Quentin Tarantino again? I mean, last year, at the Cannes Film Festival, he announced on a French talk show that he would be back the next year (as in this year) with Inglourious Basterds, a film which he had been talking about making for 10 years. And, as we all know, that actually happened (believe it or not), and he did show up at Cannes with Inglourious Basterds. Tarantino most recently appeared on an Italian TV show (via BadTaste.it) and made a promise just like that, but this time for Kill Bill Vol. 3. "The Bride will fight again," he revealed. When first asked if he'd do Kill Bill 3, his answer was an ecstatic "Yes!"

Tarantino also gave a "maybe" to a Basterds prequel, even though it's doing incredibly well at the box office, and a "no, it'll never happen" to a Pulp Fiction sequel. This isn't the first time we've heard of Kill Bill Vol. 3. The last I remember, Tarantino wanted to tell the story of Vernita Green's (Vivica A. Fox's character) daughter and how she grows up and gets revenge on Beatrix. I even remember hearing that it could become an entire anime instead of live-action, but I doubt that. It sounds Tarantino may actually be considering making Kill Bill 3 as his next movie following Basterds. Is that what you'd like to see him do next?

I'm sure with this news now out there, we'll be hearing updates from people like Uma Thurman and Michael Madsen and maybe Tarantino himself, if anyone can catch up with him on the record. It's sad to know that Bill himself, David Carradine, will no longer be around to star in the sequel. I hope Tarantino has some plans that don't necessarily involve Bill returning in a big way, because Carradine really was perfectly cast.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/10/01/quentin-tarantino-promises-kill-bill-vol-3-sometime-soon/

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 07:21:15 AM »
Tarantino Might Direct a Western or a Gangster Movie Next

With Inglourious Basterds crossing $117 million total at the box office, it definitely seems like Quentin Tarantino is riding high again on the success of one of his movies, considering Grindhouse bombed just a few years back. The next big question is what he will end up directing next. Last week Tarantino spoke in Italy about the potential return of Kill Bill Vol. 3 but didn't exactly give as solid of a promise as he did with Basterds on a talk show at Cannes two years ago. However, Variety has a very brief update from Tarantino straight from the Morelia Film Festival in Mexico, where he says there's more than just that in the works.

There to promote "Inglourious Basterds" — the festival opener — the filmmaker said he wanted to give Uma Thurman's central character and her daughter Beebe 10 years of peace before the next bloody installment, which would push the project to 2014. In a conference alongside "Basterds" star Eli Roth, Tarantino said that there would be one film in between, saying he was "wide open" to his next project. Tarantino added that he would like to do a "re-imagining" of a number of genres including a Western or a 1920s to '30s "Pretty Boy Floyd" type gangster movie.

Tarantino is one of those directors that could change his mind at any minute, but for now it sounds like he may end up making either a western or a gangster movie before Kill Bill 3, however, following Public Enemies, a gangster movie is probably not the best idea. We even ran a story back in July about Tarantino doing a western next because he mentioned that "I haven't done a western yet. I keep flirting about with it, but I haven't done it yet." We have no idea what the western or the gangster movie will be about, but anything made by Tarantino will probably be pretty unique.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/10/05/tarantino-might-direct-a-western-or-a-gangster-movie-next/

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 08:45:01 PM »
Tarantino Says Kill Bill 3 Isn't Next & Will Have a Newer Title

We all saw this coming. Even though it was widely reported in early October that Quentin Tarantino had made a promise on an Italian talk show that "the Bride [would] fight again," it's not exactly going to be his next project. We can't forget that this is Tarantino, and he says these kind of things all the time and hypes up projects for years and years (just look how long it took Inglourious Basterds to get made). MTV talked with Tarantino recently and got him to clarify the situation regarding Kill Bill Vol. 3. "I won't do that next, but it could very well be the thing I do after next," Tarantino explained. So don't start getting excited yet.

Additionally, since the "Bill" that Beatrix Kiddo is after in Kill Bill gets what's coming to him in the end, it won't be titled Kill Bill Vol. 3 anyway. "Well, it wouldn't be Kill Bill obviously. It would be Volume 3 of the story of the Bride," Tarantino says. And as for all that speculation about it being ready next year, well don't get your hopes up. "There's no script, there are just ideas and notes," he says. "We're getting there, we're about one movie away." It's because he said he'd do the sequel in 10 years and since the last one came out in 2004, we're slowly reaching that 10 year mark. But it's probably not going to happen any earlier than that.

So while Kill Bill Vol. 3, or whatever it will eventually be called, is in the works and will happen sometime (probably by 2014), don't expect it anytime soon. As for what's next from Quentin Tarantino, maybe it's one of these two projects that he's hinted about - a western or a gangster movie. I sure hope we find out soon!
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/11/30/tarantino-says-kill-bill-3-isnt-next-will-have-a-newer-title/

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 06:31:23 PM »
Quentin Tarantino Picks His Top 8 Films of 2009 (So Far)

Are you ready for this list? I know this is going to be quite controversial, just because Quentin Tarantino on his own is already a controversial filmmaker. The Hollywood Reporter asked Tarantino (recently) what his favorite films of 2009 are and he gave them a list of 8 films that are "so far" his top picks for the year. As he explains in the video (which you can watch below), he hasn't seen Avatar, The Lovely Bones, or Invictus yet, so they're not included. And he also needs to watch Bright Star and District 9 again (because he thinks they may move back up on the list once he does). So without further ado, here's his top 8 film of 2009 so far.

Tarantino's Top 8 Films of 2009:
1. Star Trek
2. Drag Me to Hell
3. Funny People
4. Up in the Air
5. Chocolate
6. Observe & Report
7. Precious
8. An Education

I really dig this list. I enjoyed almost all of the movies he chose except for Funny People (I really didn't like that movie at all). I also think District 9 needs to be on there and so does Avatar, but he might put those on his list by the end of the year anyway. Who knows how we're going to find out what Tarantino's final year end list looks like, but I'm sure we'll hear from someone sooner or later. I just love that he goes with a more unconventional top list, instead of the typical year end list that most snobby critics usually come up with. And I'd also say that Star Trek deserves the #1 spot (although it's not necessarily my favorite film of 2009).
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/12/14/quentin-tarantino-picks-his-top-8-films-of-2009-so-far/

Video:
http://video.hollywoodreporter.com/services/player/bcpid6555681001?bctid=57142806001

Star Trek :thumbup

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 05:06:41 AM »

Hilarious CM for Softbank :rofl:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 09:58:48 AM »
Tarantino Will Eventually Make an Inglourious Basterds Prequel

As this year comes to close and everyone starts putting together their best of the year lists, I'm expecting Inglourious Basterds to show up on quite a few of them. We've heard plenty from Quentin Tarantino before about prequels and sequels to the WWII movie, but we also know it's not going to be his next project. That said, he still wants to one day make that prequel. NY Mag's Vulture recently caught up with Tarantino in New York. And they say that he's got 40 pages of the prequel written but "he's not giving up on the idea or the script, especially if the original film does well at the awards shows." Read on for more from Tarantino.

But he's got another project, which he's keeping under wraps, coming first. It's going to be "smaller, less epic” in scale than Basterds, and in a "different genre entirely." He says he thinks he can finish it in a five- to six-month period of intensive writing.

It sounds like this is that long-rumored western he's been talking about recently. Back in October, Tarantino said he would either direct a western or a gangster movie next. And in November, he also confirmed that it wasn't going to be Kill Bill Vol. 3 (or whatever it'll be called) next either. My gut feeling is that Tarantino is doing a western next, and I'm sure we'll hear about it soon, as this guy loves to talk about his projects. I'd love to see more Inglourious Basterds one day, but Tarantino is smart in holding off on that prequel/sequel for a while. I think it needs to play for a few years before he goes back to that world.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/12/23/tarantino-will-eventually-make-an-inglourious-basterds-prequel/

Offline popopo0o0o

• ecchi
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 09:44:04 PM »
buy Inglourious Basterds BR and enjoy every min of it.
After finish the movie, I google "How's Hitler die ha ha

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 08:45:21 AM »
Director Quentin Tarantino, wearing a large cowboy hat, arrives in Venice, Italy for the 67th Venice Film Festival on August 31, 2010. The "Kill Bill" director is the president of this year's main competition jury. [Photo: CFP]

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 12:04:57 PM »
Okay, lol. I had no idea Quentin was a guest judge on American Idol (back in 2004). Dear god, why~~~ xD;;; Ahahahaha.

That's just... 8D;;; I don't really know what to say. Oh to have been one of those contestants.....

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 12:45:30 AM »
... I so hope this'll be televised or available for purchase later!

The Friars Club has selected Quentin Tarantino for its annual roast Oct. 1 at the New York Hilton. The director of "Reservoir Dogs" and "Inglourious Basterds" follows in the brave footsteps of Matt Lauer, Donald Trump, Chevy Chase, Richard Pryor, Bruce Willis and Hugh Hefner, who were all ridiculed mercilessly and with language strong enough to make Lisa Lampanelli blush. Friars Club President Freddie Roman joked, "Having seen 'Pulp Fiction' and 'Kill Bill,' I pray that he understands that we only roast the ones we love."

Also, some extremely rich fans will be lucky enough to be there in person. Two VIP tickets are being auctioned off~

The auction closes next Wednesday (Sept. 29), and bidding is almost at $5000 as of this writing. Sure, it's a hefty price tag, but nobody ever said that hanging with Tarantino was cheap! Plus, the winner's money goes to the noble cause of the Friars Foundation, whose mission is to help performing arts groups in their effort to create innovative and affordable programs for a new generation of performers. For movie enthusiasts and supporters of the arts, this is a fun opportunity to give something back to a community that's given us so much entertainment over the years.

For more information on the auction, head over to the official Charity Buzz page

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 09:39:22 PM »
:O

Friars Club postpones Tarantino roast
NEW YORK, Sept. 29 (UPI) -- The Friars Club says it postponed Friday's roast of Quentin Tarantino until next month so the U.S. director can mourn the death of his longtime film editor.

Sally Menke, 56, died hiking in Los Angeles Monday. Although a cause of death has not been determined yet, officials said they are looking into whether heat was a factor.

The temperature in Los Angeles reportedly reached 113 degrees Monday.

Menke and Tarantino collaborated on "Reservoir Dogs," "Pulp Fiction" and "Inglourious Basterds."

Tarantino) said Menke "was like a mother to him," Friars Club roast master Jeffrey Ross told the New York Post. "We had a brotherly drink, and I gave him a hug. I made him laugh -- I told him: 'Keep your chin up. I know with a chin like that it's a lot to ask.'"

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 07:18:24 PM »
Omg omg omg you guysssss

The stars turned out in droves Wednesday at the Friars Club Roast of Quentin Tarantino.

Samuel L. Jackson was the roastmaster for the roast of director Quentin Tarantino (Pulp Fiction, Inglourious Basterds, Kill Bill) on Wednesday night. Celebrities in attendance included Howard Stern, Kathy Griffin, Harvey Keitel, Bob and Harvey Weinstein, Patricia Arquette and more.

Kill Bill star Uma Thurman talked about stories from the Kill Bill set and teased Tarantino about his foot fetish -- and even made him drink wine from her shoe, reported The Hollywood Reporter.

Sarah Silverman celebrated her 40th birthday at the roast -- and told the audience that Tarantino turning down directing Speed was "the first time he ever turned down speed." Kathy Griffin talked about dating Tarantino and Harvey Keitel told him he was "the most inglorious looking bastard."

John Travolta was noticeably absent, causing Rob Schneider to poke fun at Scientology -- and his sexuality, saying, "There was a '(Expletive) in Denial Who Believe in Aliens' convention."

Jeffrey Ross joked about Tarantino’s love of foreign films, saying that "his last name is an old Italian word meaning plagiarism." He ended his roast on a high note, saying, "Thank you for making all us movie geeks seem a little cooler. You changed the face of cinema. I just wish cinema would return the favor."

The Quentin Tarantino roast will air on Comedy Central, however, no date has yet been announced.

Fuck yeeeeeeah! Really hope it's true! XD

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 10:31:23 AM »
^ like we mentioned in the Uma Thurman thread hope there's a DVD! :lol:

hmm..."produced"...

Chinese Hostess Invited to Star in Tarantino's New Movie   
2011-01-24 11:35:36     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Duanlei

Source says that Chinese bilingual hostess Zhu Zhu has been invited to star in a movie produced by famous director Quentin Tarantino, Mtime.com reports.

The report says that Zhu won the invitation because of her excellent performance in the Chinese romance movie "What Women Want" ("Wo Zhi Nv Ren Xin").

Zhu Zhu will work together with Russell Crowe, Lucy Liu and Daniel Wu in the upcoming action movie.

"What Women Want", the big-screen debut of Zhu, will hit Chinese theaters on February 3, in which she stars as the secretary of Andy Lau's character.

The host of popular music television channel, MTV, Zhu Zhu once worked for the U.S.-based MTV network and can speak fluent English. Besides hosting an English-learning program, she also released a musical album in 2009.

Offline nimrod

• RihoLicious!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • BABYMETAL DEATH!
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2011, 06:02:39 AM »
http://www.slashfilm.com/tarantinos-kill-bill-bloody-affair-plays-la-march-directors-film-prepped/

Tarantino’s ‘Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair’ Plays LA in March; Director’s Next Film Being Prepped

Ever since the opening of the first part of Quentin Tarantino‘s two-film opus Kill Bill, there have been rumblings about a domestic release of the full unified version of the film that ended up playing Cannes in 2006. The film would be both halves of Kill Bill plus new animation expanding the backstory of O-Ren Ishii, and some other bits and changes to Part I that were seen in the Japanese release, but not in the US and Europe. Since 2009, the director has been talking about releasing Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair, as it is called, on DVD. It has been shown here and there, and a ‘coming soon’ placeholder page has been on Amazon for years.

Now Quentin Tarantino has programmed Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair for a full week at the New Beverly Cinema in Los Angeles, as part of his takeover of the theater’s programming for all of March and some of April. Does this mean the DVD release is finally happening?

Let’s go back to what the director said in 2009:

We’ve actually added some things to it. We did a whole little chapter that I wrote and designed for the animated sequence, that we never did, because we figured, back when it was gonna be one big movie, it was going to be too long, so we didn’t do it. So when we were talking about re-releasing it, they asked is there anything you can put in, and I said no I put everything in there, but… there’s one sequence that we wouldn’t even have to shoot! So we got together with Production IG and did it, and it’s really cool. So it’s this little seven minute sequence, it’s really cool, it’s in the O-Ren chapter.

The production and release of Inglourious Basterds put The Whole Bloody Affair on the back burner, but now it seems to be back. AICN points out the New Beverly schedule, on which the long cut of Kill Bill is programmed from March 27 to April 2.

In the AICN talkbacks, AICN writer Jeremy Smith makes a couple of other points. For one:

Lionsgate now has DVD and streaming rights to many of Miramax’s old titles, so this release of The Whole Bloody Affair could be the precursor to a long-awaited full DVD or (better) Blu-ray release.

He also says “Tarantino’s next project is quietly coming together behind the scenes. Hope to have something to report soon. I predict most people will be very happy with it.” That’s something to look forward to, and I’m as curious as I imagine many of you are to see who he chooses to edit the film, with his long-time editor Sally Menke tragically passing last year.
りほ, りほ Password is りほ  ♪

がんばれいな!- twitter - last.fm - DVD Profiler - tumblr

Offline bgstak69

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2013, 06:16:38 PM »
Reservoir Dogs is one of the best films ever. I doubt it will ever feel outdated.

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - Twinkle Star