JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dream - Solve

Author Topic: Roles in SNSD  (Read 23029 times)

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Roles in SNSD
« on: September 14, 2008, 11:47:00 AM »
Well i'm now officially hooked  :heart: into SNSD after seeing the GTS clips. Reminds me of the time when i first fell in love with idol groups like MM. Of course since they are very similar, it makes me compare them to MM in terms of the roles of the girls within the group.

But hey I'm just a 1 week old fan so my observation might not be spot on. And i have not observed most of the girls so i'll just give muy opinion on 3.

Tae Hyon

Officially my most fav member within the group. She has a voice like a diva but she is as pure and innocent as a school girl. Most of all she is wacky and cute, the perfect ingredient for an idol.

Though i have been wondering why she was made the group leader since imo she isn't leader material and there are others who fit the role better.

MM doppelganger: Nacchi, perfectly similar traits.

Sunny

Cuty overloaded. It was like she was born to be an idol and she looks more like a Japanese then Korean to me XD. I love the way she goofs around and smiles.

MM doppelganger: Sayu, both are cute as hell and could be dark/evil when they want to.

Jessica

The most mature girl of the whole lot imo. She seems to be the "real" leader (裏番長) of the group somehow to me because she is the one who mainly groups the girl and give instructions.

The funny thing is she can be an airhead sometimes and reacts very slowly to surroundings. Imo she also laughs at a different timing compared to the rest of the members.

MM doppelganger: Kaori without a doubt. Both are pretty and matured but can break in serious fun and laughter at times.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
Re: Roles in SNSD
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 02:25:00 PM »
Funny that you said that Sunny seemed more Japanese to you. I used to frequent SNSD thread at 2ch and she seemed pretty popular with them, moreso than anywhere else.

This one Korean fan once compared them to MM. I think Tae was Ai-chan, Jess was Miki, Yuri was Rika,...who else?

Offline Soy

• soyuri ♥s snsd
  • Member+
  • soyuri, much ?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 04:28:37 AM »
Taeyeon is the leader of SNSD. haha GGTS doesn't count, if you actually watch some of the newer clips and stuff like a few months after SNSD debuted you could see that she's leader material. She doesn't really use the whole leader thing unless she has to. She's said before that she's more of a listener and that the girls come to her when they have problems. If you watch MTV Taeyeon she talks about the burden about being leader and joked that the worst part was when the girls don't know what to say they would pass the mic to her because it was her responsibility as leader. But like Taeyeon is a really strong leader, she just doesn't look like it from the outside because she's so short and so dorky, but I love her leadership, she's definitely the umma of the group.

I remember during the ITNW era someone asked about all the rude comments that people were giving SNSD, and Taeyeon simply replied that she reads them and uses them to help improve her group. The "sorry" messages that SNSD has to write are written by her. She wakes up the girls, cooks, cleans, and takes care of all of them.

To me there's a lot of things the other girls do better than Taeyeon. Sooyoung is a better speaker. Jessica has more training. So forth, but you can tell that Taeyeon loves all the girls like they're her sisters and takes that leader role seriously.

You can see her leadership grow during radio shows. The most memorable radio show for me was the Inki Mini-Concert one, because she was having terrible throat problems that day but still sang her heart out even though during the song she had to turn away from the camera because she was in so much pain. She watches the other girls when they sing and like subtly tell them to do this or that. During the filming of GG, Sooyoung was playing with the drums, Taeyeon said something and she stopped.

I don't know haha GGTS isn't a good representation of Taeyeon's leadership, that was like when she started as a leader.
Help feed SNSD, Buy a copy of 'Baby Baby'

♥♥♥♥♥ ed owns my banners ♥♥♥♥ Pink Subs are the best!
Soy + Yuri = SoYuri

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 04:45:42 AM »
Hmm i personally feel she is more like Nacchi, watching over the girls and telling them what to do and what they are not supposed to do. More like a mother (sub) who works in the background instead of a father (leader) material.

But yeap you are right, I'm still frantically downloading all of their shows so my opinion of her leadership will definitely change.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 05:24:34 AM »
I don't know if Soy even knows who Nacchi is :lol: But she took the words right out of my mouth (not really, mine would have been a lot less coherent lol)

From the way you described Nacchi, that sounds like a leader to me. If that's what a sub-leader does, then the leader is just there to show face? That seems more like a spokesman aka. Sooyoung. If we're gonna say who's the father and mother of the group, I don't really see a "father" in SNSD. Taeyeon is more like a single mom/older sister who takes care of the kids. Jessica has a hot head and I don't really see her as a leader, though she seems to like to boss people around. :lol:

If there were a father it would be their manager :lol: Making sure they get where they need to and do what they need to, and also looking out for them, like the time he actually wrote a letter to the fans to clear up some confusion from a letter Taeyeon wrote to the fans.

But really you can't keep comparing them to MM. The roles that each person play in the groups don't exactly fit that well once you get to know them better.

Offline Soy

• soyuri ♥s snsd
  • Member+
  • soyuri, much ?
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 05:45:35 AM »
^^ ahh random haha but that would be a quasi leader aka probably Sooyoung.
Agreed haha Jessica yelling at Hyo was like her classic hot-head moment, even Taeyeon didn't know what to do in that situation.

I have to confess though that when I became a fan of SNSD, I had no idea that Taeyeon was the leader, she just simply doesn't look the part. But that's one of her greatest strengths because the girls can talk to her as a unnie instead of being intimidated I guess. Haha one of the cutest moments was when the girls were on SGB, and Yoona was talking about how they called Taeyeon Ajumma. It was because she would like collect plastic chopsticks & spoons and keep them in her purse so the girls can use them at home or when they're on the go. She constantly looks after/over them. To me that's what a leader should do.

I don't know much about MM haha so I don't know who Nacchi is, but SNSD is a female group, so I can't see them having a father like figure as the leader, that's a bit too much. Her leadership is effective because the girls can come to her.

Soy + Yuri = SoYuri

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 08:08:22 AM »
Why are these posts longer than 6 lines?!

For some reason, this reminds me of that one Chinhanchingu ep where Tiff, Yul and Sooyoung came to visit Tae and then they started dancing to Brand New and Tae had to stop them XD. At that time, I was thinking, "Yeah, that's what a leader do! Keep the group's image clean! Stop the crazy dirty dancing!" :lol:

I guess you just have to see more of them - more of Tae - to realise that she's really the leader. Don't let her 7-grader-like appearance fool ya! And as for Jessica... People seems to see the ones with tougher look as leaders. Jessica might look tough and in-control, but she's actually a softie, very emotional. And sometimes she's just off in her own world, indifferent about her surroundings :lol:. I, too, don't see her as a leader type.

By the way, didn't Nacchi like to run around with Tsujikago and Kaori and Yaguchi had to look after the three of them? XD

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 08:26:59 AM »
I was gonna say something about I don't remember Nacchi being like that but thought my post was long enough and it wasn't really important :P

I actually thought Kei fit that description as the mother in the background, though she was the butt of all the jokes in the surface(mostly cause of Utaban though). XD Most of my memories of her was as haromoni host and as Rika's trainer person though. But now that I think about it, Kei was a pretty good singer and had a kinda wacky personality, except she was kinda the opposite in the looking like a loli department. :lol:

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 08:57:15 AM »

For some reason, this reminds me of that one Chinhanchingu ep where Tiff, Yul and Sooyoung came to visit Tae and then they started dancing to Brand New and Tae had to stop them XD.

Wow i need to watch this :heart:

As for the rest of the comments that says Tae is the leader, i'll be sure to watch out for it when i watch all the goodies that i've taken from the resource thread.  :)

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 06:08:51 PM »
SNSD is so much fun

Members with guys personality  XD

- Tae Yon
- Yuri
- Hyo Yeon
- Sunny
- Soo Young

Members with girls personality  :pimp:

- Tiffany ( the girliest girl idol i've ever seen)  :otomerika:
- Jessica
- Seo Hyun
- Yoona

Troublemakers  :rofl:

- Soo Young
- Yuri
- Sunny

Members i'd like to date  :heart:

- Tae Yon
- Jessica
- Tiffany

Offline Soy

• soyuri ♥s snsd
  • Member+
  • soyuri, much ?
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 12:50:33 AM »
^^ haha so true. Rofl Taeyeon, Sooyoung, & Yuri are like Husbands in all their pairings.

Soy + Yuri = SoYuri

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 09:30:08 AM »
lol@trouble makers. XD

I actually think Yoona is pretty boyish, especially when she's with Yuri. They're like two boys running around :lol:.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 12:29:18 PM »
two gay boys?

wait... I didn't say that... -___-

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 12:59:58 PM »
Takes one to know one.

Lately, 80% of my posts are insults to you. I love that. :D

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 01:26:23 PM »
Takes one to know one.

Lately, 80% of my posts are insults to you. I love you. :D

fixed :D

Offline BeLLisima

• Member+
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 01:40:54 PM »
i always forgot SITS is a guy >__<

hahaha i agree with most of you at 1st i didnt even realized tae the leader coz i think jessica fits the role more but as time goes by taeyeon deff the best as the leader

lol Agreed on the Guys personality but you have to add Yoona there XD yuri is the gal when she's with her rofl XD

i think everyone can take the guy role when it comes to certain girls =/

but girly soooo Fany and Sunny and Hyo actually quite girly but more energetic? idk the exact words sooyoung too

troublemaker rofl XD i remember sunny put an aegyo to taeyeon in MTV Taeyeon coz she wants to ride the same game twice then Taeyeon yelled at her "Don't pull your aegyo to me!" LOL XD

Ava+Siggy by heygingersnap+kamisaka @ AMBN^^

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 11:21:41 AM »
troublemaker rofl XD i remember sunny put an aegyo to taeyeon in MTV Taeyeon coz she wants to ride the same game twice then Taeyeon yelled at her "Don't pull your aegyo to me!" LOL XD

Remember this! actually i think it was because she wanted to ride a certain attraction that was far away but Yae Yeon on the other hand wanted to complete as much ride as possible

Hmmm Yoona boyish? sometimes on the variety shows when she looks at Yuri, it was as if she was looking at her boyfriend.

As for Tiffany, she is 100% girl material. She loves pink, she is shy when making jokes and she makes a hell of a cute pose when the camera is on her.

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 04:17:52 AM »
Oh my, a serious discussion?

I know we shouldn't compare SNSD to MM... But I just had one more comparison. TaeYeon and Yossi. Like Yossi, when Tae can be feminine but show's her tomboyish side a lot, especially when it's time for the leader to take over. crap i forgot where i was going with this. stupid phone call <-well that was a short lived theory.

Anyway, I still stand on my Miki = Jess

-O_sLaVe
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 10:42:04 AM »
^ I can buy your Miki <-> Jess reasoning. Jess however is way more feminine than Miki imo. Now, i don't think TaeYeon is boyish, she's just fucking crazy which makes her seem like that, lol. Like responsible but just out of it, totally ungirly. On another note, i do think YoonA can be boyish from time to time. Well atleast like acting like a kid boy. Not like manly boyish if that makes sense.

And i'm kinda struggling to see Hyo's role. Maybe coz i pay her the least attention. She just seem very serious to me, with everything. Like she's forcing herself to let lose and have fun instead of letting it come naturally. But i don't know.

i always forgot SITS is a guy >__<
I always lol at this. XD
[/url]

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 11:29:00 AM »
And I always lol at your face!

Hyoyeon to me is actually the most "normal" of the bunch I think, with the most balanced personality.

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dream - Solve