JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bennie K - Joy Trip

Author Topic: Honto no Kimochi - True Feelings (CHAPTER 7 - updated 07/10)  (Read 14794 times)

Offline kjpop

• DAT ASS!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Honto no Kimochi - True Feelings (CHAPTER 7 - updated 07/10)
« on: February 09, 2012, 02:19:25 PM »
*pokes head in* .......soooooooo LOL I'm usually more of a reader/fangirl than an actual author of fanfics, but you guys might know a certain member/author around here by the name of Beecubed? Yeah, she's the reason why I'm here, blatantly embarrassing myself and and posting my horrendous fiction for you all to read LOL Blame her.

I know for a fact that  a lot of you guys will be armed and ready to destroy my very being after reading this chapter (for a really, really, REALLY obvious reason LOL), but please hang tight! I promise to make up for my blatant destruction of canon H!P pairings as the fic goes on. And uhh...I guess that's it? Here's chapter one! Enjoy!

Song of the Chapter:

Chapter 1
---------------------------------------

Fireworks displays, foot-poppin' kisses, a trail of roses along a candle-lit hallway that promises a night that would never be forgotten; the knight in shining armor, the beautiful damsel with all the charm in the world, and the quintessential fairytale ending; love prevailing even during the hardest of times, overcoming the trials and errors that society and life threw at it and everything in between; it was the stuff that romance was made of.

It was the stuff that one Niigaki Risa never knew, nor ever really sought after. She was hardly what anyone would call "extraordinary," but surely she was a far cry from the typical plain Jane. No, indeed Niigaki Risa was a woman that simply lived for the sake of living, and expected nothing more from the world than to provide the air that gave her life. She wasn't sure what brought about her sense of content with what she was given. Her mother, maybe? She never really cared enough to think about it.

For the woman who sought nothing more from life, a well-to-do businessman of a decent financial background, by the name of Ryousuke Ito, had all but came into her simple life and swept her off her feet. No fireworks display, no overtly romantic words and rose petal trails; this love was far from what any romance in novels and movies had ever entailed. It was a relationship that merely was, and once again Niigaki Risa could not ask for more. What started off as simple greetings at the common workplace they shared, turned into coffee dates in the mid-afternoon, which escalated to dinner and a movie, and eventually blossomed into an engagement between two people that grew to love one another.

She woke up every morning beside her fiancé, went to work, and came home just in time to greet her beloved and share a take-out Chinese dinner with him over the evening news. Perhaps the routine could be described as mundane, but at least it was a happy one for Niigaki Risa.She really was an easy one to please. Really, she insisted this. The simple pleasures that came with looking at possible wedding cakes, sharing bits and pieces of her wedding plans to her ever-so-curious co-workers at the office, and musing over her future wedding on the ride home from work were enough to give the woman something to smile about. She really was an easy one to please. Really.

What more could she ask for beyond the wonderful penthouse complex with her wonderful fiancé, with their wonderful business jobs, and their wonderful soon-to-be-marriage? Asking for more simply seemed too selfish to Gaki, and surely she wasn't the selfish type! Surely not!

This was all she had ever asked for...

...Right?

Yet as the wedding date drew closer and closer, she could not help but feel slightly restless. Restless? No, impossible. She was Niigaki Risa - the woman that never asked for anything more from life! But as she fiddled at the pages of her morning newspaper at the cafe across her office, she suddenly grew hyper-aware of her fidgeting legs underneath the table, her caramel macchiato growing colder in its open container as it rested on the far corner of her table, and her sweaty palms. Was it getting hot in here, or was she just losing her mind?

There was a timespan of 3 months separating her from becoming Mrs. Ito, Gaki thought quietly to herself. "Mrs. Ito..." she whispered with bated breath. The words sent a rush up and down her spine, and she swore that her palms only precipitated further. She pinched herself with sweaty fingers, the unpleasant sensation bringing her back to her senses, back to the coffee shop she currently occupied. 3 months. Just 3 months. She glanced at her watch. It read 9:01. She bit at her lip, thinking it was still too early to go back to the office and discuss another business plan with her officemates. Or rather, discuss her wedding plans for the nth time since her arrival at 7 that morning. 

She stared through the glass window as the cars and pedestrians rushed around the outside world, doing what she was so used to doing her entire life - just living. People paced passed one another without batting so much as an eyelash if a brush of a shoulder interrupted their stride, cars honked their horns ceaselessly as though it would miraculously increase the speed of the standstill on the streets, and to one Niigaki Risa - the woman that couldn't ask for anything more from life - this just wasn't enough. "At least for now," she quietly mused to herself.

But wasn't this being selfish? She reached across the table to grab her lukewarm cup of coffee and grimaced as she took an unsatisfying sip from the container. Gaki was never selfish, at least she thought so. She briefly went through her mental Rolodex of memories, swiftly evaluating her collection of life choices from birth until today. With a sigh of relief, she took another sip from her cup. Nope, she had definitely been a good girl since day one.

Maybe it was just those pre-wedding jitters her work companions often told her about. Gaki was the youngest of her workmates, and many of them have been married for quite some time now. She heard her fair share of stories of the panic attacks and pangs of sudden anxiety in front of the alter, but she never thought that sort of thing would hit her, or at least hit her this soon! Wasn't it too early? She shook the thoughts from her head and pushed aside her morning paper.

A sudden vibration on the table saved her from another round of anxious thoughts and feelings from taking over. She peered down beside her cup of now totally cooled down coffee to find her cellphone blinking. The screen flashed the unread message from her fiancé: "Want to grab lunch after our meeting at noon?"

Gaki smiled gently at the screen, easing her sweaty grip around her phone as she typed her typical response of "Yes, dear," as always. But before she could hit send, her message was blocked by an incoming call from a number that definitely was not a Japanese one. Hesitantly, she slid down a finger on the screen to accept the call.

"Ano...Moshi moshi?"

"Ah! Gaki-san! Long time no talk!" Gaki winced at the sound of that greeting. The voice on the other line was outrageously bubbly at this time of day, even after her third cup of coffee. But whoever this was sounded so familiar...

"Um..." Gaki paused to clear her throat, "...who is this, exactly?"

A sharp gasp rang through her speaker, and Gaki braced herself for another onslaught of pep from the stranger on the line. "Gaki-san, I'm shocked! You don't remember your own senpai?!" The silence on Gaki's end of the line was obviously enough of an answer for the stranger, as she continued, "...Gaki-san, I'm disappointed. This is Nacchi! We went to university together!! I was a graduating senior and you were only an incoming first-year!!"

The light bulb finally flashed in Gaki's head and she made a mental note to slap herself silly for not even remembering her own beloved senpai's voice. "Ah, gomen, Abe-san! I couldn't really make the connection over the phone! You seem to have developed quite an accent since I last heard from you. How have you been?"

Nacchi giggled from her end. "It's that obvious, hmm? I did a pretty horrible job of keeping in touch since our university days,didn't I? Well, Gaki-san, you wouldn't believe it, but after I graduated from university, I had moved to Spain to do some traveling before jumping into the real world, and...well, I guess I'll just come out with it, ne? I found the love of my life not too long after and got married to a rather wealthy lawyer in Spain!"

"EHH!?!?!??!" Gaki couldn't believe her ears. Nacchi? Married? What? Those were two words she never thought she'd say in the same sentence, ever. Nacchi? The same Nacchi in university that wouldn't even go over to the home a fellow student (of the male gender) for quick round of Playstation gaming? SERIOUSLY? "How did that happen, Abe-san?"

Another giggle from her senpai on the line. "Well, Spain really is a lovely place, Gaki-san. It's filled with even lovelier people! And it's just so romantic here Gaki-san, even you would find it hard to say no to the people here! It's the place for love, Gaki-san, really!" There was a brief pause on the other line, and Gaki wondered if she lost connection.

"Speaking of which, Gaki-san, you should come visit! It's been ages since I've last seen you, much less talked to you. And I'm sure you wouldn't mind the vacation from all the hours of work I'm sure you're drowning in. And besides, you're still single, aren't you?"

Gaki couldn't help but snort at the question. She couldn't even recall the last time she considered herself single; the whole idea of getting married and being in a committed relationship was something that became practically second nature to her. "Not quite, Abe-san. I'm actually getting married in 3 months!" she exclaimed proudly.

"Oh my! That's great news, Gaki-san! Did you two decide on where you're getting married? You should have it here in Spain! There are plenty of lovely places you could choose from! In fact, just take off work for a few weeks and my husband and I could be glad to have you stay at our residence for the time being while you two find your dream location!" Before Gaki could even argue or agree, Nacchi cut her off with her seemingly endless wedding plans for the young woman. "Oh, it will be wonderful, Gaki-san! Truly! The sunsets here in Spain are absolutely brilliant. The wine is to die for, and not to mention their food and clothing! You would look so beautiful in a Spanish designer wedding dress..."

Gaki chose instead to drown out Nacchi's own set of wedding plans for her. She dazed out the window again, to the familiar sight of people passing by, of her life passing by. She was never one for spontaneous decisions and everyone knew she wasn't exactly the most dare-devilish of personalities when it came to life choices and such, but something about Nacchi's proposition struck her as absolutely wonderful, absolutely necessary. Maybe taking that single step outside the box and having some expectation beyond the typical wedding day setups suggested by her work companions would finally settle her down and ease some of these inexplicable anxious feelings out of her system. The idea was just so tempting...

"Ne, Abe-san," Gaki paused until she was sure she had Nacchi's full attention. "I'll talk it over with Ryousuke, but if you don't mind, and if he agrees, I would love to take that trip. You've totally sold me on the idea!"

A cute little squeal of joy from the other line. "Oh, that's absolutely wonderful to hear, Gaki-san! Please call me when you hear back from your fiancé! My husband and I would love to have you here!"

Gaki quickly bid her friend goodbye, took a deep breath, and stared outside the cafe window once more. Another deep breath and she dialed a familiar number from memory. Her heart raced with every ring of the phone until finally...

"Hello? Risa, isn't this an odd time to be calling?" She heard a soft chuckle on the other line.

She took one last deep breath before easing into a chuckle of her own. "Sorry for the bad timing Ryousuke, but you wouldn't believe who just called..."

------------[End Chapter 1]------------------------

*gets shot*  :bleed eyes:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:00:55 AM by kjpop »

Offline Beecubed

• Charmy Follower 4 Life. <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am of IshiYoshi faith.
Re: Honto no Kimochi
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 02:27:17 PM »
*rushes kjchan to hospital*

*hits*

finallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I hate you. I be back to edit this.

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 06:35:56 PM »
Well I was a little worried at first, reading your warning up there, but this is so well done and eloquent, I just can't be mad! I just know this will turn out wonderfully in the end! Please keep posting! I love it so far!

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 01:26:07 AM »
lol i dont see why you need to be shot XD shot with what? love? XD lol its really good and not bad at all! you should litsen to bee-chan more often~! now to see what the fiance says~
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 07:03:32 AM »
interesting start to the fic, good job :thumbsup
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline mochi.rini

• lover of all TakaGaki and food :D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • nomnomnomnom
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 04:18:30 PM »
Y'know...the worst critque of an author is the author himself/herself. 

Or something like that.  ANYWAYS~ This was really good! :D  AND I MEAN REALLY GOOD!~  I read it twice cause I loved it so much~  As much as I love Risa...I've always imagined her like your portrayl where in her romantic life, she doesn't have movie inspired expectations XD 

Nacchi in Spain...who'd a thought it?  I totally wanna see her speak now lol~

I can't wait for more since although this isn't my usual TakaGaki fangirling, Risa makes such a cute wife huh?  Though I wonder why they eat Chinese-Takeout and not a nice homecooked dinner lol~ 

I can't wait for more~  <3
Hi~iiya!~  (>^_^)>
I support T a k a G a k i
Tumblr/blog \(^ - ^)/

Offline miglop

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 08:36:11 PM »
Gaki-san...comes...to Spain?

What, how, where, when?  :panic:
And Nacchi already lives here? I've been neglected!  :smhid

Come to me Gaki-san, forget that stupid Ryousuke  :P

Please, chapter 2  :D

I keep comparing, you're always winning

Offline Beecubed

• Charmy Follower 4 Life. <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am of IshiYoshi faith.
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 03:29:07 PM »
:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

I HATE MY NET I HATE MY LAPTOP I HATE IT ALLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!  :banghead:

Anyway I am never leaving a gadget on my bed again. Overheating issues. Lesson learned. Doesn't matter though, gonna try to remember everything I wrote... *sweats*

:heart: *plays I found love as BG music*  :heart:

So yah I kind of have given you your review via that recording, so I won't spend TOO long here. We need chapter 2 soon and no more dawdling!  :cool1:

She wasn't sure what brought about her sense of content with what she was given.

When you get used to boring and mundane, that's how. xD

For the woman who sought nothing more from life, a well-to-do businessman of a decent financial background, by the name of Ryousuke Ito, had all but came into her simple life and swept her off her feet. No fireworks display, no overtly romantic words and rose petal trails; this love was far from what any romance in novels and movies had ever entailed. It was a relationship that merely was, and once again Niigaki Risa could not ask for more. What started off as simple greetings at the common workplace they shared, turned into coffee dates in the mid-afternoon, which escalated to dinner and a movie, and eventually blossomed into an engagement between two people that grew to love one another.

Despite it hurting quite a bit, I loved this whole paragraph. Wonderfully crafted. But that's what real romances are like - I've heard enough stories to come to that conclusion xD I have been in one great romance and that was awesome, but everything else has been... unexciting. Romance you find in books and movies is so hard to find in reality, and if you have, you're extremely lucky.  :heart:

ANYWAY. Ryousuke Ito. *puts name on hate list* Don't care if he's a good guy. Anybody standing in the way of Gaki and a certain **chan is an enemy to me.  :tama-mad:

She woke up every morning beside her fiancé, went to work, and came home just in time to greet her husband and share a take-out Chinese dinner with him over the evening news.

Oh wow. And here I thought romance couldn't get any less romantic, I stand corrected. Chinese take-away. ORZ.

She really was an easy one to please. Really, she insisted this.

I like the way Gaki-san has to insist this. You get the feeling that deep down, she questions and perhaps even resents her run-of-the-mill life. I feel ya, girl.

She really was an easy one to please. Really.

She's really not helping herself.  :nervous

What more could she ask for beyond the wonderful penthouse complex with her wonderful fiancé, with their wonderful business jobs, and their wonderful soon-to-be-marriage?

*possiblespoiler* A sexy Spanish dancer maybe?  :roll: DUH, GAKI-SAN!

No, actually, her wonderful life there so wonderfully punctuated by the word 'wonderful' sounds quite good to me. I'd settle for that. But then obviously that makes a BORING story and I know kjchan's not going to let that happen. I am SO looking forward to really how wonderful life can be for our bean.  :w00t:

"Mrs. Ito..." she whispered with bated breath.

Mrs. Ito? BLEEEEUGGGH. Please. If you end this story with Gaki STILL engaged to/going to marry an Ito, I will NOT BE HAPPY. You hear? NOT!!!!!!  :scolding:

I like the way you described Gaki-san having a moment of self-doubt there, suddenly feeling like things just weren't enough. A flash of a feeling.

With a sigh of relief, she took another sip from her cup. Nope, she had definitely been a good girl since day one.

:bleed eyes: ..... boring!Gaki needs her world to be shaken up!!!!  :shakeit:

Maybe it was just those pre-wedding jitters her work companions often told her about.

Or maybe it's her soulmate calling for her from the other side of the world.  :mon inluv:

Ahahhahaa... Nacchi <3 I can so hear her chirpy voice trilling on the other end of the line  :lol: It's adorable though, knowing how much Gaki looks up to Abe-san.  :wub: Kouhai-senpai reunion is going to be awesome!  :deco:
I wonder how big her role in this story is going to be. Besides, ya know, convincing Gaki to go to Spain in the first place.  :D

Nacchi? The same Nacchi in university that wouldn't even go over to the home a fellow student (of the male gender) for quick round of Playstation gaming? SERIOUSLY?

OHMYGAWD.

:rofl:

"Well, Spain really is a lovely place, Gaki-san. It's filled with even lovelier people! And it's just so romantic here Gaki-san, even you would find it hard to say no to the people here! It's the place for love, Gaki-san, really!"

I'm sold! xD

I just love that it's Nacchi's wonderfully naive suggestion here that's going to spell some kind of trouble for Ito-kun.  :on lol:

"...In fact, just take off work for a few weeks and my husband and I could be glad to have you stay at our residence for the time being while you two find your dream location!"
"Oh, it will be wonderful, Gaki-san! Truly! The sunsets here in Spain are absolutely brilliant. The wine is to die for, and not to mention their food and clothing! You would look so beautiful in a Spanish designer wedding dress..."

Oh, I love how Nacchi's just rattling off about Spain. Does kjchan love Spain that much too? I have to admit I am somewhat partial the country too  :inlove: Hot people  :inlove: Hot accent  :inlove: ropychan  :inlove: and possibly the real love of Risa's life  :inlove:

She was never one for spontaneous decisions and everyone knew she wasn't exactly the most dare-devilish of personalities when it came to life choices and such, but something about Nacchi's proposition struck her as absolutely wonderful, absolutely necessary.

And yet it doesn't take her all that much convincing to say yes to Nacchi's offer. I'm actually quite surprised she gave in that easily.  XD But no worries, the bulk of the story is sure to be in Spain and omgggggggggggg I'm chou excited!!!!!!  :frustrated:

SO YES I THINK I SHOULD STOP HERE AND GET YOU TO POST CHAPTER 2 ALREADY. All you need to know is that everybody loves what you've put up here so far and wants this continued. Sorry if this comment sucks or there are any glaring mistakes - I rushed this a little ;____;

And if you dare say a bad thing about your writing again...  :shifty:

YAY! UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!  :onioncheer:

Offline kjpop

• DAT ASS!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 03:06:53 AM »
*pokes head in* I'm surprised I got readers xD I thought the moment people saw Gaki x nameless random guy paired up, they'd click X and run away LOL Apologies all around for breaking hearts with Chapter 1, and with the ridiculously AU-ness of it all >__< I promise it'll get better. I kind of got sucker-punched by bee in some roundabout way to bring ya'll a happy ending (-ish) but I haven't decided yet lol So no promises, everyone =] Ideas come and go after all.

Thanks for reading, commenting, supporting and all that lovely stuff. Much love!!! But before I run away with all your hearts, just another warning for this chapter for the readers that aren't too keen on GakixGuy. There's a bleh moment that you could probably do without reading, but I put it in there anyway because I can because it needed to be done because I am the biggest troll because...well I don't really have a reason :lol: I could say character development, buuuuuuuuuuuut I don't think it's a good excuse so I'll just grab my bags and run for the hills xD I tried to make it up towards the end!! You'll see!...SO DROP THE KNIVES AND PITCHFORKS!!!  :panic:

So, yeah. I kind of just thrashed the whole "Oh, they're all just married to men" idea upon everyone from the get-go, with no fluff and stuff in the middle to soften the blow. I understand it's a weird thing to think about, but just hang tight. For now I guess all I can say is that things aren't what they seem...On that note, I'd also like to confess that I suck with dialogue lol  :doh:

No song of the chapter for this one. At least not one in particular. I recommend going to pandora and listening to the juan serrano station, though. Lots of great flamenco music ahah If not, sexy island songs work just as efficiently to get into that Spanish mood  ;) but if anyone is curious, I do have a song rec lol by the k-indie band The Finnn:

-----------------------

rndmnwierd: Thanks for reading ^__^ Hopefully I won't make you mad in future chapters, but I tend to troll and go off the beaten path and break OTPs LOL But please don't let me discourage you!!! Bee will have my head if I can't make the ending at least a happy one somehow haha

kawaii beam: I wouldn't mind getting shot with a sexy beam or something along those lines haha lawd knows that'll do me some good ahha thanks for reading ^__^

kurosawa87: much love  :heart:

mochi.rini: true statement is true, but you give me too much credit xD it ain't that good!!!

and yeah, a bit out-of-character/AU-ish, but I got the idea after watching a movie several years ago and I was just hellbent on making it happen with idol fandom haha But I'm glad you're reading it even though it's not the typical takagaki lovin' fic. Gaki does sound like a pretty good wife, ne? The reason behind their Chinese takeout dinner dates will be explained in this chapter since I never really delved into the type of job Risa had in the first one. Hopefully it'll clarify some things for you =]

miglop: are you from Spain or something? If so, ummmmmm LET ME LIVE THERE TOOOOOOOOO!!!

Bee: AHHHH A BEE COMMENTARY/EPIC COMMENT <333333 i feel so unworthy <3333

I guess it never occurred to me how easily Gaki gave in, but I'll just say that it's all because she's obviously in denial and bored with life. Needs a change of pace and all that. OR I COULD JUST BE PULLING THAT OUT OF MY ASS trollololol <3 And yes, to answer your question, I love Spain <3 Seriously, have you seen their football team? < /shallow>

--------

Aaaaaaand here's chapter 2!!!

---------------------------------------------------

Ryousuke took the news surprisingly well. Actually, it had shocked Gaki when he had avidly accepted Nacchi's proposal to visit almost as soon as she had mentioned it. She could hardly believe the sight of her fiancé practically wolfing down his meal, all while enthusiastically informing her about all the beautiful Spanish churches they could possibly hold their wedding that he found on his iPhone. They had an app for that sort of thing, apparently.

The man she chose to marry was never one to be overenthusiastic about much of anything outside of his work, but she truly admired him for his strong work ethic...which is why she wondered why he was so adamant about taking off work for once in his life to go have a spontaneous wedding trip to a foreign country. She poked at a lone carrot stick on her plate as she mused to herself, convinced that he was probably just having one of those momentary 20-something crises. Even the strongest of men had their breakdowns, even if Ryousuke's was more of a positive one, she thought to herself.

An incessant tapping of his index finger along the space on the table between them brought her attention back to reality. Her vision focused on the iPhone screen he held before her: A picture of an extravagant interior of one of the several churches in Barcelona that no doubt piqued her fiancé's interest. She placed her fork down on her plate and took a closer look at the picture on the screen, and shook her head gently before giving the phone back to her fiancé, who donned a brief look of disappointment on his face as he reluctantly received the device.

"Not to your liking?" he inquired, a very evident tinge of a crestfallen frown forming on his lips.

Gaki shook her head lightly and stared outside the window at the passersby that sped by. "Maybe we should find a quaint little chapel instead. Aren't those basilicas just a bit too...much?"

He readjusted his glasses upon the bridge of his nose and placed the phone back into his jacket's pocket. "Perhaps you're right," he paused to take a bite out of his sandwich. "I was just getting a bit too excited, wasn't I?" He noted the look of amusement on his companion's face, watching as her hand carefully reached across the table to wipe a smudge of mayo at the corner of his mouth.

"Just a bit," she giggled as she wiped her dirtied finger on the napkin on her lap. "But, I feel the same way, Ryousuke. It never even struck me that we could go elsewhere for our wedding!" They were quite a boring couple after all, for lack of a better description. Boring, but happy. Though, as of late, the latter needed more convincing. For her, anyway.

Ryousuke wiped his mouth with his own napkin, a serious look fell on his face. "Gaki-san, would you mind going to Spain ahead of me?"

Risa stopped sipping from her straw, the water trapped a mere few breaths away from its destination before it slowly fell back down in its container. "Eh, nani?" A look of regret on her fiancé's face was enough evidence for her to deduce some otherwise inevitable news from her predictable man. She watched quietly as he rubbed the his temples lightly, not so eagerly anticipating the delivery of his unpleasant news.

"I have some business proposals and meetings to finish before I can call off. The company won't run itself without  me, you know...Would you mind terribly leaving without me for a few weeks? It would give you some time to do some searching and relaxing on your own, without me nagging of course," he chuckled lightly.

She half-expected this. Her fiancé, the fearless and work-driven CEO, star businessman. His own boss, his own harshest critic. If anyone in this world managed to punch in more hours at the office than herself, it would be this guy. She, of course, was somewhat disappointed, but the inexplicable relief of not having to deal with his sometimes overbearing personality on this much-needed vacation was something of a godsend for Risa. She chose to shrug the feeling off without so much as a word. The slightest frown formed on her face, almost as though she was trying to convince herself that she would miss him. Maybe.

But she loved him, honestly! Right? She grabbed the forgotten fork in her hand and poked at the single carrot stick on her plate again. No, really, she did love him. Her thoughts were surely just scattered after that unexpected call from Nacchi. Yeah, that sounded about right. 

...Right? She mentally scoffed and noted how ridiculous she was acting right now. Of course she would miss him. They haven't been apart since their first coffee date, absolutely inseparable! Man, these pre-wedding jitters were just striking all sorts of inappropriate nerves at the most inappropriate times. She decided to silently blame it all on Nacchi. "That's understandable," she muttered under her breath, her attention still locked on the carrot stick on her plate. She noted the frown forming on her fiancé's face from the corner of her eye. The feeling of guilt was unpleasantly forming on top of her conscience, tearing at her for even thinking it was okay to go on this vacation of sorts without her beloved and not miss him the slightest.

He reached across the table to her hand that handled the fork, and eased her to release her hold on the utensil. His eyes were locked until she looked up at him. A pleading look. "I'll do my best to finish these proposals as quickly as possible and join you there soon."

Gaki knew he was not one to make empty promises, but once again, she felt as though she wouldn't mind if it were one...She flashed him a smile, and held his hand in hers. "Don't worry, Ryousuke. I'll do my best if you do yours!" She swore she meant those words sincerely.

His expression eased into a softer one, a smile of relief tugging at his lips. In a blink of an eye, his businessman persona took the stage front and center once more. "Alright, that's good to hear. I'll set up your flight for the end of the week, so be sure to call when you arrive-" he paused to place a few bills on the table -"And be sure to take several pictures of locations you're interested in! We need to inform our family and friends ASAP so they can plan accordingly, alright?"

Gaki mentally rolled her eyes. Sometimes it was difficult to separate Ryousuke from his workplace persona, but she swore it was something she would get used to, especially after their wedding. But then again, maybe this vacation was just what the doctor ordered...maybe. Or maybe she was being selfish? Or maybe she should be diagnosed with bipolar; she just wasn't even sure anymore. Man, those words left a bitter taste in her mouth. She shook her head furiously as she stood from her seat, following her fiancé suit as he made his way toward the exit. There go these wild thoughts again...

They left the restaurant hand-in-hand.

-----------------------------------------

The clock on their nightstand read 4:34 and she could hear the rain falling outside. Her vision was fixed lazily on the ceiling above her as she quietly lay underneath the sheets of the bed she shared with Ryousuke, trying to ease her ragged breathing. Her fiancé laid beside her, his breathing just as ragged as hers. He draped a hand across her chest, playing with a few stray strands of her hair as he panted heavily from his mouth onto his pillow.

She turned her head to the man beside her. Both were too obviously spent from their earlier activities to say anything, not that they needed to. Gaki extended a weary hand and ran her fingers through his sweaty hair, hoping it would ease him just a tad. The sound of sirens and the rain outside were doing an excellent job of lulling them both to sleep.

"I love you, you know..." he whispered breathlessly.

Her eyes were half-lidded as she recovered from the aftermath of their lovemaking, and even after hearing those words, her expression never changed. Gaki almost felt the need to regret her earlier anxiety once she heard him say those words. He was never one for playful flirtations or blatant displays of affection, of this she was aware; she knew this the moment they had started becoming "serious." To hear him say that, in the midst of passion...it was a rare moment. She wasn't sure what brought it about, but she decided she didn't care enough to find out; she just knew she liked it, this feeling of being loved.

She would depart for Spain in about 5 hours, leaving behind the love of her life...so why was she feeling so apprehensive earlier, again?  Shame on her for doubting. Shame on her for feeling anxious. Shame, shame, shame...Maybe she should see a doctor while visiting Spain, she mused to herself. Gaki felt his hand release her hair, sliding his fingertips from the nape of her neck, down her sweat-sheened chest, to her waist and pulled her closer to himself. She could feel his warm breath against her skin. Turning her head to catch a peak of her fiancé, she saw that he had already fallen asleep. Yeah, this was comfortable, she thought; this was love. "...Me, too," she whispered in reply.

She wondered why she worried. She wondered about a lot of things. But as she allowed her eyes to be overcome by weariness, she was still convinced she loved him. As the rain continued to pour outside, their clock read 4:59.

--------------------------------------------

Upon landing, Gaki could immediately sense the drastic change of pace and lifestyle from her conventional high-strung business routine in Japan. The air seemed sweeter, the sun shined brighter, and the people walked with a more carefree stride as she made her way to the exit of the airport. She wondered if she'd enjoy this easygoing atmosphere in Spain, wondered if this is what Nacchi had found so refreshing about the country when she first arrived there those many years ago.

With some help from the cab driver, she was able to load her luggage into the trunk, and after providing the driver with a piece of paper with her senpai's address, she relaxed into the backseat of the car, indulging in the beautiful sites as they drove by. The pictures Ryousuke had shown her constantly throughout the week prior did no justice for the remarkable city. From the overwhelming grandeur of the classic architecture of the basilicas, to the modern skyline superstructures that offered a sharp contrast to the old school flavor of the aforementioned religious sites, and to the charmingly modest local shops scattered throughout the city; from the sounds of some boisterous youth happily engaged in a game of soccer, to the lighthearted conversations among close friends over a cup of afternoon coffee; from the familiar smell of musky car-exhaust that polluted the metropolitan business end to the delicious aroma of freshly prepared tapas escaping the doors of the various restaurants that lined the streets. It was all so wonderful, and regardless of the jet lag that wearied her, Gaki couldn't wait to get on her feet and experience everything the city had to offer her.

She can't remember the last time she took time off her busy schedule to stop and just smell the tapas...er, flowers. Right. Indulging in those sorts of worldly pleasures was something her mother had taught her not to do. Now, Gaki wasn't selfish after all (she mentally went through her Rolodex of personal life choices again), and she always focused all her energy in academic and personal achievements growing up. When she entered the corporate business world shortly after graduating from university, she had dedicated most of her time to work. Sales  had increased drastically under her ministrations, but the female companions that befriended her throughout her time at the company were worried the young woman might have been overdoing it. "No wonder you and Ryousuke-san are together. You're both such workaholics. Live a little," they always preached. One could only imagine the surprised expressions on their faces when Gaki informed them of her vacation from the department. The idea of rest and relaxation was so foreign, but as the car pulled into a driveway that presumably belonged to her senpai's, Gaki felt like she wouldn't mind trying it out.

As she stepped out of the vehicle dumbfounded and mouth agape, she said a quick "Gracias" to the driver. Her luggage was placed beside her and she paid the kind man his dues before he drove off, leaving her alone to stare at the beautiful house before her. It was more of a mansion, to be quite frank, something one would never see in the metropolitan jungle of her Japan. The tan coloration on the walls of the foundation was highlighted beautifully by the the garden's wide array of colorful flowers that surrounded the entire perimeter of the home and the luscious green vines that climbed its lengths, which extended as far as the open balcony where she spotted an outdoor dining area. Her eyes slowly savored the rich colors surrounding her as she lugged her bags up the steps to the front door of the villa. With each step, her view of the city was no longer hindered by the steel gates that fenced the house atop its private hill overlooking what seemed like all of Barcelona. The view was breathtaking: the sun was beginning to set, casting a shade of rustic orange upon the city, the night lights emerging from various locations, one-by-one with each second that passed.

At last, Gaki reached the top of the steps, her luggage settled safely at her side. She took in a big breath to calm any nerves; it had been so long since she had last seen her friend. Charming as both women were, time had a knack for changing people, for better or for worse. After a few knocks on the door, the young woman released a heavy breath and fiddled with the hem of her shirt, wondering if anyone was home, or if anyone could even hear her knocks inside the huge mansion. Finally, after what felt like a lifetime of waiting, she saw the doorknob twist and slowly, the door opened to reveal her beloved senpai. 

Nacchi had not aged a single day. After however many years since her university days, the woman still had her youthful looks, her darling smile, and her charming eyes. Her hair had grown much longer, but otherwise the woman before her was exactly the same senpai that had left Tokyo all those years ago. The older woman greeted her with a warm smile, extending her arms forward to envelope her guest in a warm embrace. How very much like the Nacchi from way back when; still kind, still welcoming. It brought relief to her nervous kouhai wrapped in her arms. She released the young woman, placing a firm grip on her shoulders as she examined her kouhai from head to toe.

"Oh Gaki-san," Abe began, pulling the younger back into another warm embrace. "You look absolutely beautiful! You've grown so much since your first year at university!" She forced them apart again, opting to look at her friend once again. Grabbing her tiny hands, Abe noted, "I see you still fancy those elaborate decorations on your fingernails." She proceeded to pat Niigaki's hair, running her hand down appreciatively, admiring the soft texture against her fingertips. "And you've grown your hair! And you're getting married!!" Another embrace; this was the last one, she swore. "Is there anything else I don't know about? A tattoo? A piercing?"

Gaki just chuckled as her senpai released her and took some of her luggage inside. If it was at all possible, Gaki felt her jaw drop further at the sight of the interior of the home. Nacchi seemed to have quite the taste for the modern minimalist style, and every piece of furniture was wood, leather, or a combination of the two. Potted plants were scattered about the home, adding a splash of life to the otherwise dull color palette of the interior. A collection of various abstract paintings and tapestries decorated the white walls at each floor, and one could not even begin to count the plethora of books that was organized along the entire wall beside the staircase. No doubt a fine collection developed by her friend's husband, unless Nacchi miraculously developed quite an affinity for literature throughout the years. As the elder woman led her through the maze of rooms in the house and up the stairs to the second floor, Gaki wondered how lonely it must have been to live in a beautiful, but spacious and empty home, especially with only a husband for company. Luckily for her, she and Ryousuke shared a more practically sized living space.

Nacchi directed the woman to her bedroom, and both women placed their bags aside and jointly fell onto the bed out of presumable exhaustion. As Gaki began to unload some things from her suitcase, Nacchi  said, "Hopefully this room will be enough for you and your fiance...where is he by the way?"

Oh. She had totally forgotten to tell her senpai that Ryousuke was still stranded in Japan, fulfilling his endless obligations to the company and leaving her alone in this foreign country. Silly her, how could she have forgotten? A mock look of shock played on Gaki's face as she replied, "It must have slipped my mind when we were talking, Abe-san! Ryousuke is still in Japan. He's quite the workaholic, you know. But he said he will be coming in a few weeks time, if that's alright with you..." Gaki couldn't quite read the thoughts behind her senpai's expression, but she wondered why Nacchi had remained rather quiet. Perhaps it was rude to keep that tidbit out of their several phone conversations, but surely it hadn't offended the older woman somehow. She could swear that she saw a mischievous glint in the woman's eyes, but shrugged it off as the subsequent effects of jetlag toying with her senses. 

"Oh, that's totally understandable, Gaki-san. My husband's quite a workaholic as well, so I know just how you feel," Nacchi said with melancholic smile. After a few minutes of silence from both parties, Nacchi picked herself up from the bed and helped fold some of Gaki's clothes on the bed. "It's getting a bit late and I could only imagine how tired you must be right now. I'll have dinner waiting for you downstairs and you can come join me any time after you're finished here." She paused to place the last of Gaki's tops neatly on the pile she had made, glancing at her kouhai and flashing her a kind smile before stepping out of the room to prepare their meal.

--------------------------------------

Mr. Yamamoto was exactly as Nacchi had described him: Tall, clean-cut, and as attractive as all those pretty boy Johnny's idols back home. He had a joke for just about every topic that was mentioned over their meal that would never fail to set Nacchi off into a fit of laughter, and he was obviously well-versed in all sorts worldly news and factoids. The man definitely had a knack for conversation and was quite the catch. Gaki couldn't believe a guy like this could be a lawyer, but his charm was probably his secret weapon in the courtroom. His dashing good looks might have helped, as well. She quickly changed her mind about him over dinner. As she observed the couple from the opposite side of the table, she saw the look of sincere joy in both of their eyes as they shamelessly flirted with one another in her presence. She didn't mind, not at all. But as she took a sip from her glass, she couldn't help but wonder (there she goes again...) if she and Ryousuke would end up similarly. You know, in love. It almost made her jealous, made her miss him.

But she was thankful that the lovely couple put their flirtations on hold and re-introduced her into their conversation. "So, Gaki-san, your fiancé will be joining us in a few weeks?" Mr. Yamamoto asked, wrapping an arm around Nacchi as he relaxed into his chair. They all sat outside in the open dining section of Nacchi's home, underneath the full moon and overlooking the bright lights of the evening city life of Barcelona down below. Gaki only nodded in silence.

"That's excellent! You should take this time to just relax and see what Barcelona has to offer. I'm sure Nacchi wouldn't mind missing a telenovela episode or two to show you around the city. Maybe you'll find the chapel of your dreams! I remember how stressful wedding planning was, and I was just the groom!" he laughed heartily to himself, his pearly whites shining brightly against the candle lights at the dinner table. Nacchi grinned and elbowed him gently, cutting her husband's entertainment short. And as the threesome engaged in more rounds of wonderful Spanish wine and enthused wedding planning, Gaki was simply thankful she was in great company. Little did she know, however, that this would be her first and only relaxing evening in Barcelona.

-------------------------------------------

Gaki never knew it was possible to hurt in all places of her body. Her head was aching from the constant and indulgent wine-drinking and her legs were suffering from walking several miles around the city in shoes that were definitely not designed for such strenuous travels. It had been about a week since she had first landed in Barcelona, and Nacchi had already managed to show her every church, chapel, and basilica that the city had to offer. A few had piqued her interest, and Gaki made sure to make a mental note of those places. She also sent Ryousuke various pictures she had taken with her phone of the said locations, and her fiancé's reply was always something along the lines of, "Looks great! Do you want to get married there?" Gaki didn't feel comfortable making the decision via phone communication, so she opted to ignore his texts until he was there to experience each location by her side.

It was very difficult to not think of him. Everyone in the city seemed to be in love and Nacchi wasn't lying when she said that the city's atmosphere was nothing but love, wine, and tapas. It made her nauseated but she missed him terribly and called him often, every night actually. Although he was obviously busy, he would always entertain her phone calls as he worked, insisting that he was that much closer to joining her in Spain with each day that passed. There would always be bouts of silence on his end, when Gaki would only hear the sound of a mouse clicking and fingers typing, but she decided that was much better than hearing nothing from him at all. He had given her an exact date one evening, after one of his typing concertos at the office, but she never recalled it; she might have fallen asleep by the time he had divulged that information to her. At this point, Gaki simply didn't care when, as long as he would actually show up and save her from another day of wedding planning, sight-seeing, and drinking.

Another day, however, another part of the city. This time, Nacchi had dragged her limping body to the outskirts of Barcelona, a much quieter but nonetheless enchanting part of the city. As her senpai was distracted by a street vendor selling homemade clothing accessories, Gaki grabbed at the opportunity to escape the woman and find a quiet place to ease the pain from her weary legs. Her sights darted left and right, eagerly searching for a tiny piece of paradise in the small town square. Her eyes sparkled with delight when she saw a water fountain at the center of the square, devoid of much commotion and ruckus, and most importantly Nacchi. As she reached the precious spot, Gaki took a seat along the edge of the fountain, eventually deciding that it was okay to just lay herself down completely. She closed her eyes and granted her mind the satisfaction of drifting away to dreamland, relishing in the simple joy of finally being able to rest from her strenuous journey across the city with Nacchi. The sound of the water from the fountain helped her release any tension from her weary legs and the faint melody of a Spanish guitar in the distance eased her shoulders against the cold stone of the fountain's foundation. It wouldn't kill her, she thought, if she chose to just lay there and indulge without care for a little while longer; Nacchi could wait, wherever the hell she was.

The song she heard was stifled from where she reclined, and regardless of how comfortable her position, Gaki found herself standing upon pained feet. She endured the sharp pangs of pure agony that rushed up and down her legs as she allowed herself to be drawn closer and closer toward the faint melody, toward a secluded cafe far from the town square. It struck her odd that so many people were concentrated at a single location; the guitar sounded absolutely beautiful, but surely people could admire the sounds from afar just as she had. Pushing passed the tightly packed onlookers, it only took but a single moment for Gaki to realize just why these people were pressed shoulder-to-shoulder.

The man who wielded the guitar seemed aged and weary, his gray eyes covered by closed lids as he played his instrument with such passion. His fingers swiftly strummed against the strings of his guitar, producing the most beautiful Spanish melody that Gaki swore was too perfect to be impromptu. The heel of his free leg tapped against the ground to the rhythm, his head tilted in all sorts of directions as he lost himself in the music. But the man was not what had attracted all these people, or at least not for Niigaki Risa. She could feel her eyes glaze over as they finally met with other vision before her.

Indeed, the other sight was a thing of pure, breathtaking beauty. Before them stood a single, petite young woman clad in a simple flamenco dress: the top portion was white, with off-shoulder sleeves that exposed just a taste of her slender figure. Around her waist was a belted black waist corset that accentuated her chest and tight midsection rather beautifully, surely making several women in the crowd green with pure envy. The sharp contrast of a deep shade of crimson red colored the remainder of her frilled dress, a single slit that lingered dangerously close to her hips offered a very generous view of the woman's creamy white thighs. Her honey brown hair was tied in a loose ponytail, the bound, loose curls draped over one shoulder to rest daintily on her chest. A red rose she donned over a single ear sharply contrasted the woman's fair skin, though her cheeks were flushed from her efforts and her lips were painted with a rich red lipstick. Her eyes were smoldering, the sultry expression on her delicate face was undoubtedly tantalizing to every man and woman that observed appreciatively in the crowd.

Gaki was absolutely mesmerized, overwhelmed by the sheer emotion from the perfect combination of song and dance before her. She marveled at every sway of the woman's hips, every powerful tap of her heel at the wooden floorboards beneath her, every graceful hand gesture that painted a picture of the most exquisite imaginary design in the air as she moved one with the rhythm. It was an exhilarating burst to her senses, and she did not feel like waking up from her daze any time soon.

The guitarist was shaking madly as he totally lost himself completely in his music, his hand clashing violently against the strings of his guitar as he built up his crescendo to the final measures of his song. The young dancer lifted and twirled the skirt of her dress daintily, yet with as much gusto as the man that played his guitar. She danced about in circles, her hands gracefully following the melody, her heels powerful stomping and sounding against the wearing floorboards. But the song ended far too soon for Gaki, and an immediate upheaval of applause, cheers, and catcalls from the crowd filled the air.

The dancer held her pose for a moment longer, her chest rising and falling as she desperately tried to catch her breath after her own powerful display. The guitarist rested his guitar on the chair he sat on, grunting as he made an obvious effort to get on his feet as the crowd clapped on. He staggered over with heavy feet to the tiny dancer, wrapping an arm around her girded waist once he reached her. The beautiful woman eased from her pose as her vision finally came back into focus on her surroundings. The man and the woman shared a light kiss on the cheek before the two finally parted in the midst of the ongoing clapping from their appreciative crowd.

Almost immediately the crowd around her scattered in every direction. All Gaki really wanted to do was to personally tell that pretty little dancer how amazing her performance was. But as she struggled to navigate her way through the sea of people, she found that it was becoming more and more difficult to locate her target. And once the people dispersed to their respective locations, her person of interest was nowhere to be found. She frowned, slightly disappointed over her failure to meet with that woman.

"THERE YOU ARE, GAKI-SAN!"

She turned around at that sudden sound of her name. It was none other than Nacchi, who unfortunately was not the person she wanted to see, but would have to do for now. The older woman didn't seem mad, despite her tone of voice; rather, a look of relief planted itself square on the woman's features. Gaki almost forgot that they had been separated for some time since they had arrived to the small town. Oops.

"What are you even doing here? Did you want something to eat?" Nacchi asked, her voice almost as frantic as the look on her face.

Oh right. She had stumbled upon this tiny cafe near the outskirts of the town, mesmerized by the sound of a Spanish guitar and the sight of a beautiful dancer. But the mention of food struck the appropriate chord; almost as if on cue, a rather distinct grumble from her stomach surfaced. She didn't feel the need to explain to her senpai how or why she even got here, so she merely nodded in response, her stomach and her legs incredibly grateful for the much needed rest and relaxation.

------------------------------------------

The two friends reclined in their chairs in pleasant silence. Her appetite was satiated and her feet finally regained feeling, and despite the wonderful satisfaction that came with girl-time gossip over her dinnertime break with Nacchi, she couldn't help but ponder over the odds of running into that woman again. Probably zero to none. The thought came to mind when she saw the guitarist from before take a seat at the center of the cafe, playing another one of his perfect impromptu pieces for the dining guests. Risa's eyes darted to and fro, hoping to catch sight of that dancer. Surely she would make an appearance with her musician companion once more!

Alas, her searching was futile; her sights only met with one very confused senpai and countless other dining guests lost in their own conversations. Gaki eased into her chair, resting her body against the cushioned backrest. If Ryousuke were here, he would probably make a comment or two about her infatuation with this stranger, and said comments would probably sound something like "That's very unprofessional of you, Gaki-san. Imagine what our colleagues would think!" It was always about image with that man. But it begged to asked: Why was she so drawn to that woman? It was a peculiar fascination that she had. Was it sincere infatuation or was she merely being selfishly indulgent? "Or maybe I should stop thinking so much," she thought quietly to herself. These personal inquiries that plagued her mind were getting more ridiculous with each and every day. What was getting into her? It must be the water, she reasoned as she poured some more wine into her cup.

As she swirled the wine in its glass, a certain someone caught her attention from the corner of her eye. What were those odds again?  Gaki could hear playful, flirtatious exchanges between that someone and a random stranger at the dinner table adjacent to the one she shared with Nacchi. The beautiful woman that captured her eye stood up from her table, glass of wine in hand as she bid her companion adieu. Gaki could feel her breath catch painfully in her throat when she found herself making eye contact with the beautiful stranger, even if it was only a fleeting moment. She could swear she saw the slightest trace of a coy look in the woman's eyes before slipping into the crowd on the dance floor. A heavy breath - a heavy burden - was laboriously released upon the woman's disappearance.

Nacchi couldn't help but laugh at the young woman's innocent reaction. "You know, Gaki-san, she's quite popular around here." A smile played on her lips once she caught her companion's full attention. "The woman you were staring at so conspicuously..." - Gaki almost choked on her wine - "...she's quite well-known in these parts of Barcelona." She paused to offer her kouhai a napkin as she coughed violently from across the table.

"How so?" Gaki asked, her voice gruff from her strenuous efforts to recover.

"Well, for one thing," Nacchi started, listing her observations with her fingers,"...she's obviously very beautiful, and you know the Spanish people's appreciation for beautiful things."

Gaki found herself subconsciously recalling the beautiful sight of that beautiful stranger dancing earlier that afternoon. That sultry look in her eyes as she dance and twirled, the way her tied and loosely curled hair rested upon her chest during those painfully brief moments of less boisterous dancing, the way her milky white skin glistened with sweat from her obvious efforts in her performance. She took another sip from her glass.

"...And the people in this neighborhood love watching her dance on the weekends, if you weren't already aware from the crowd she drew this afternoon," Nacchi continued, resting her chin upon intertwined fingers.

It was true; Gaki could only recall that from hindsight, of course. She tried to focus her mind's eye on the crowd around her as she recalled the previous setting. Indeed, from where she sat by the fountain, Risa remembered just how much effort she put into pushing her way through the crowd surrounding the square to catch a better view of the woman that managed to entrance everyone around her.

"She's a very respected dancer. Many people claim that the girl received her training from one of the best dancers in Spain, but it came with quite a price, as you could only imagine. Rumor has it she sold most of her personal belongings to gather enough money to pay for those lessons, but she could have very possibly even sold herself. No one really knows." Nacchi took a sip from her glass, her eyes taking note of Gaki's undivided attention on her; the older woman couldn't help but smile privily to herself before she continued. "Her mother used to be quite the dancer herself, performing at various public venues across the country for money. But soon after she had her daughter, she had a terrible accident that left her invalid. Luckily for her, the daughter was absolutely inspired by her mother's profession that she worked hard to get dance lessons, not only to support her mother, but to fulfill her dream of joining one of Spain's top most flamenco dance troupes. The unexpected pregnancy had prevented her from doing so. You see, she was a Japanese woman that left her hometown of Fukui so she could achieve her dreams here in Spain. She left her lover as well, but she wasn't aware of her own pregnancy until she was already established as an accomplished dancer here. And yet oddly enough, she decided to keep her daughter," Nacchi paused to drink from her glass again. "...You'd think she would be eager to give up the very thing that prevented her from reaching her dreams. This is all just hearsay, of course, but it's an odd world we live in ne, Gaki-san?"

Gaki could only nod in silence. It wasn't enough that this strange woman was beautiful, but she just so happened to have admirable qualities beyond aesthetics as well? It made her wonder where all her luck went in all her years of living. She insisted in feigning mild boredom with the subject. "Just a bit..."

Nacchi leaned her elbows against the tabletop, slowly closing the proximity between herself and her kouhai. "But you know, Gaki-san, there's more to that woman than meets the eye."

Gaki was about to inquire her senpai what she meant by that when the sudden emergence of a figure at their table caught her complete attention. It was her, it was that beautiful woman. Risa could feel her throat rapidly drying and her palms sweating almost immediately at the sight of her. It all seemed rather juvenile, but what else was she supposed to do? The rapid pounding in her chest made it hard to think straight, much less breathe properly. "Ara," she struggled to say, "...Who might you be?"

The beautiful young woman smiled. Those eyes that were once smoldering with intense emotion now eased into gentle and kind half-moons. She brushed her fringe away from her eyes, and extended her hand to the awestruck Gaki in front of her. "My name is Takahashi Ai."

--------------------------[End Chapter 2]----------------------------------

DUN DUN DUN! And now Ai comes into the fray. I wonder what'll happen next. *runs for the hills*  :panic:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 06:13:48 AM by kjpop »

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Honto no Kimochi - True Feelings (CHAPTER 2 - updated 02/20)
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 08:52:23 AM »
Yes! Just what I wanted to see after a long day at work! An awesome update, and so long! Gaki finally makes it to Spain, conveniently without her guy person and she runs into Ai-chan, the beautiful dancer. But I'm worried...

I kind of got sucker-punched by bee in some roundabout way to bring ya'll a happy ending (-ish) but I haven't decided yet lol So no promises, everyone =] Ideas come and go after all.

The romance between AiGaki seems pretty straight forward...(you know, other than Gaki's getting married and who knows what Ai's sexuality is?) so I'm wondering how it could NOT have a happy ending... And I worry...

So update soon and answer my fears!

For good or for bad, I'm thinking I'm stuck on this story now...

Offline miglop

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 09:18:28 PM »

miglop: are you from Spain or something? If so, ummmmmm LET ME LIVE THERE TOOOOOOOOO!!!

Hai, supein-jin desu yo!  :welcome

An incessant tapping of his index finger along the space on the table between them brought her attention back to reality. Her vision focused on the iPhone screen he held before her: A picture of an extravagant interior of one of the several churches in Barcelona that no doubt piqued her fiancé's interest.

Barcelona?  :cry: It's quite far from my hometown!  :banghead: Never mind, I move there and change my name for Ryousuke if necessary  :lol: And I'm a Barça supporter as well!  :yep:

Ryousuke wiped his mouth with his own napkin, a serious look fell on his face. "Gaki-san, would you mind going to Spain ahead of me?"

How come God gives almonds to those who have no teeth ? :banghead:

"How so?" Gaki asked, her voice gruff from her strenuous efforts to recover.

"Well, for one thing," Nacchi started, listing her observations with her fingers,"...she's obviously very beautiful, and you know the Spanish people's appreciation for beautiful things."

QFT!! That's why I love Gaki-san  :wub:
And on top of all of that, Risa=laughter in spanish. Her parents really did hit the nail on the head! Gaki-san's smile doesn't belong to this world!! :heart:

The beautiful young woman smiled. Those eyes that were once smoldering with intense emotion now eased into gentle and kind half-moons. She brushed her fringe away from her eyes, and extended her hand to the awestruck Gaki in front of her. "My name is Takahashi Ai."

WHAT??? Ai-chan lives in Barcelona too??????  :shocked OhmyGawdOhmyGawdOhmyGawdOhmyGawdOhmyGawdOhmyGawd
Please, let Aichan teach her the meaning of her name in Spanish  :twothumbs

Waiting impatiently for Chapter 3

I keep comparing, you're always winning

Offline mochi.rini

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • nomnomnomnom
Re: Honto no Kimochi - True Feelings (CHAPTER 2 - updated 02/20)
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 07:31:19 AM »
Huh?  Aichan appearance?  My hopes are slowly being risen!~ 

Spain sounds beautiful by your description!  Take me there (with Risa XD) and all shall go well!~  I can't believe her hubs didn't go with her!  She could've waited or something, but no~oooooooo.  -lesigh-  I smell something fishy and I don't think it's from the sea!

I'm ready for chapter 3!~  I got so excited when I saw this update~
Hi~iiya!~  (>^_^)>
Tumblr/blog \(^ - ^)/

Offline kjpop

• DAT ASS!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Honto no Kimochi - True Feelings (CHAPTER 3 - updated 03/14)
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 04:30:37 AM »
Oh man, I'm on a roll with inspiration today. So here's chapter three! Hopefully it makes up for the blech GakixGuy scenes in chapter 2 ;D You'll see what I mean when you read.

rndmnwierd - I like reading long updates myself. Gives me something to enjoy while I drink my coffee or tea haha I'm just an old lady =___=;; I wish I could ease your worries and doubts, but I'm still tossing around ideas and possibilities for a happy or sad ending. I just might do both and you guys can pick which ever to read. I'm such an indecisive fool.

miglop - WHOA SO COOL. I really want to go there one day, for the wine and the tapas LOL my stomach is the key to my heart xD  And thanks for that tidbit about Gaki's name! I definitely didn't learn that in high school!!!!

mochi.rini - I do what I can with Spain ;D I'd like to believe that all those hours invested in watching the Travel Channel has done wonders for me LOL And as for something fishy, well....we'll just have to see, won't we?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

That painful feeling of forcing a voice out of its dried out shell, that was the feeling that Gaki was currently stuck with. Before her was that beautiful woman. Even her name was beautiful. Takahashi Ai, was it? This was ridiculous. She wasn't some hormonal teenager confessing to her high school crush, but all physical signs pointed in that direction.

Ai held out her hand a moment longer, a questioning look forming on her face when Gaki wouldn't respond to her hand shake. Just as she drew her hand back, Risa grabbed hold of Ai's dainty hand, perhaps a bit too roughly than she had initially hoped. Risa could only imagine the thoughts racing through the stranger's mind. "She must think I'm crazy. God, I'm starting to believe it myself..." When Gaki frantically released her hold on the dancer's hand, Ai smiled. Her nose even scrunched in an awkward fashion as Gaki muttered her own name and Nacchi's as a frantic introduction; the dancer was obviously amused with her company.

"I believe I've seen you from somewhere, Niigaki-san," said the petite dancer, her voice carrying an interesting accented mix of Spanish and Japanese. Gaki's face was blank, still trapped in her own little world of total awe and rapture. "Perhaps...you were at the cafe this afternoon to watch me dance?" The poor girl could only nod, her voice locked away in the depths of her dried throat.  Ai chuckled to herself, taking a brief sip from her glass of wine. "Did you enjoy what you saw?"

Again, the young woman could only nod. Nacchi watched the comical exchange between the two women, silently sipping from her own glass and allowing the two the continue their conversation without her. The tiny dancer took a seat at their table, her eyes locked solely upon the awestruck Niigaki. The eye contact was electric, mesmerizing...Risa found it painfully difficult to avert her attention elsewhere, and she wasn't quite sure why...

"Perhaps you would like to see me dance some more?" Takahashi inquired, her gaze still fixed upon Gaki's as she sipped from her glass. "Would you be interested in taking a trip with me to Seville?"

Almost as though the tiny dancer had said the magic words to break her trance, Risa came back to reality, a confused look on her features. What did that woman just ask? "Seville? Where exactly is that?" she asked, her eyes darting back and forth between Ai and Nacchi, a look of pure amusement still planted on her face. Her senpai merely shrugged in response.

"Ah, you must not be from around here. I should have known from your accent," Ai replied, an apologetic look on her face. "Seville is a city south of Madrid. Very lovely. I dance there often, I'm sure you would find it beautiful."

Gaki wasn't quite sure where the dancer was going with this, but she decided to let the young woman continue.

"You can see the plaza where I dance every time I visit, dine on true Spanish cooking, drink their finest wines, then perhaps make love underneath the moonlight..."

Wait a minute. What was that? Did she just hear that correctly? Did those words just come out of that beautiful woman's mouth? What? This was clearly not processing in Gaki's mind. Perhaps it was a mix of that damn Spanish water and the country's damn wine.  "...Can you repeat that last bit?"

"...Drink wine, make love..."

No, she was definitely sober; she wasn't completely trashed off of wine yet. How unfortunate. "...Excuse me?"

The tiny dancer seemed genuinely confused this time. "Would you like me to repeat that one more time for you?"

Gaki placed her glass on the table, her eyes making contact with the lovely dancer in all seriousness this time. "That won't be necessary. But, I...er...how do I say this...? I don't quite...swing that way? And besides, I'm getting married soon. That sort of thing...it just won't do!" Ryousuke would be proud; she mentally gave herself a high-five. The very rational, always cool, calm, and collected Niigaki was back in action. She wasn't quite sure if the dancer was just drunk or sadly mistaken with her radar for that sort of thing, but surely the woman had an explanation for that sort of thing. Perhaps when she's more sober, of course.

"Is that so?" Ai asked, "Well then you should take this as an opportunity to have some fun before you get married! I'm sure he or she would not oppose, am I correct? Seville is a beautiful city, and surely your fiancé would want you to be happy. Life is short, life is dull...This is a chance for you to experience something truly special."

Initially awestruck, and now just absolutely dumbfounded, Gaki wasn't sure if this woman was sincerely offering her an extended one night stand in some foreign part of Spain or just drunk off that cursed Spanish wine. Was it even possibly that a charming woman, who danced so beautifully and with such elegance, could be so blunt and possess little regard for propriety? Risa even went on to wonder if she just emitted those type of vibes to begin with. Perhaps that's why the dancer even offered? And there go her wild thoughts once again...

"I don't think you understand, Takahashi-san. I may be a foreigner in your country, but in Japan, we certainly don't engage in those sorts of activities, much less with total strangers. I certainly can't accept your offer to go on an escapade to a small Spanish town and I most certainly cannot just make love with you, and continue with my life as though nothing happened. Are you even aware with how ridiculous your offer sounds?"

The little dancer pouted as she sat in silence, as though she were trying to decipher the meaning behind Gaki's words. "Now I am confused, Niigaki-san. Did my offer offend you? Surely you aren't taken aback by my attraction to you. I find you quite lovely and I would love to spend a weekend or so with you in a city that's close to my heart. Does my offer not seem genuine to you?"

Perhaps some things were just permanently lost in translation. Maybe the woman's Japanese just wasn't what it used to be. Or maybe the dancer just spun one too many times and permanently lost her mind in the process. She wasn't sure about many things, but Gaki was convinced this woman was quite the stubborn and dense one. "I'm sure you mean well, Takahashi-san, but I think you've just had a bit too much wine this evening. It was a pleasure meeting you, truly! I admire your dancing and performances, but I believe that we should continue this conversation at another time, hopefully when you're a bit more aware of your surroundings and more sober."

Ai stood from her seat, her glass of wine in hand and a smile clear on her face. "You will come around, Niigaki-san. They always do" she pauses to push her chair in - "I suggest you think about that offer. You only live one life, and I'd hate for you to waste such a golden opportunity with a woman like myself."

As the tiny dancer walked away, Risa's eyes were practically popping out of their sockets, a look of total and utter disbelief playing on her features. She looked to her senpai for some sort of response, ANY sort of response. The young woman was only greeted with a bemused look from the older woman. Risa finished the contents of her glass in one gulp, and quickly poured herself another glass. Did that really just happen?

"As I was saying before we were interrupted," Nacchi paused to take a sip, "...Looks can be deceiving, Risa-chan. Never judge a book by its cover, they always say."

Gaki finished her freshly pour glass, reaching for the bottle to pour herself another round. Nacchi quickly grabbed the bottle and set it far from the young woman's grasp, much to Gaki's chagrin. "You see, Gaki-san, that Takahashi Ai has quite a wonderful reputation as a dancer, but her personal record with relationships is anything but blooming."

Well, obviously; Risa had just witnessed that first hand. Never has a cliche saying took on so much meaning as it did now. "I'm somehow not surprised by that," the young woman responded, her hand playing with her empty wine glass.

"That poor woman always has rumors circulating about her. There was a rumor going on for some time that she had quite a hot rival-turned-love affair with another dancer. Everyone in Spain knew about them, and people would come from all over to see the explosive performances the two would hold for the public. They say it was a sight to behold, Gaki-san."

Gaki could care less at this point. She leaned her chin on her fist as she continued to play with her empty wine glass. "I'm sure..."

"Many people say the two dancers were equal in talent and complimented each other perfectly. No matter how impromptu their performances were, they were always in perfect sync. Naturally, the two became close friends and a love of some sort blossomed between them..."

Gaki rolled her eyes. "...But their personal differences broke them apart. Rumor has it their clashes in personality and ideas of dancing was what brought them apart. I've heard from many people that their hot affair turned sour...So sour in fact that one of them tried to shoot the other at a public square during a performance! Can you believe that?"

At this point, Gaki would believe anything. That tiny dancer, beautiful as she might have been, was out of her fucking mind. And to think, there was another one of her kind prancing around Spain, equally off her rocker. Jesus Christ, the shit she managed to get herself into...She began to question her sanity. This country was driving her to be smitten over someone that was out of her mind, offering weekend getaway trips of sex and sight-seeing. She began to wonder what she found so beautiful about the country, if it even had any redeeming qualities left.

Perhaps it was unfair to shoot down the country after one unfortunate encounter with a beautiful, crazy woman. Whatever initial desires Gaki had to make decent conversation with that beautiful dancer disintegrated immediately, and all she wanted at this point in the evening was Ryousuke and another bottle of wine for the road. She was probably just tired, and slightly irritated with how amused her senpai was over the ridiculous encounter. At least someone left the restaurant smiling that evening.

-----------------------------------------------

A few days later, Risa had managed to cool off and give Spain another chance. She sincerely tried to shut herself from the country by roaming around only Nacchi's home, but her attention span could only last so long. It had gotten to the point that she memorized the names of the books on their shelf.  Nacchi had invited Gaki to join her on a trip to the city for an art exhibition. A close friend of her senpai's had the wonderful opportunity to place her art on display and Nacchi truthfully just wanted Gaki to get out of the house for some fresh air.

Risa was never one for the art scene. She blamed her lack of artistic appreciation on her several years invested in corporate work. If anything thoroughly drained one of any appreciation for things outside of computers and file numbers, it was her job. She wandered the museum, gazing at various pieces of modern art that lined the walls and showcase pedestals."If one could even call it 'art,'" she mused silently to herself.

While trying to analyze a questionable sculpture center-piece in an isolated display room, Gaki met with a very coincidental, a very unfortunate run in with a very well-acquainted dancer. What were those damn odds? She swore someone up there had it out for her.

"I never thought you'd be one for modern art, Niigaki-san."

That voice, that awkward accent. Gaki mentally cursed to herself, averting her gaze from the display piece to a very cheeky, very beautiful looking Takahashi Ai. "I'm not, you're right. I'm here with my friend...she had insisted I come," Risa replied, her efforts in keeping a civil tone quite obvious. She paced herself around the center showpiece, away from the dancer, but the petite woman followed her path. Gaki swore she only did it to bother her. The nerve of this woman...

"You seem a bit pale, Niigaki-san. Some sunshine will do your complexion wonders..." Ai innocently inquired, averting her gaze to the sculpture in feigned interest when Gaki flashed her a harsh glare. "...You should seriously consider that trip to Seville with me. The sun shines brightly upon my city."

Seriously, the nerve of this woman! She surely could not have been drunk at this time of time, so there goes the benefit of the doubt she had reserved for the dancer. Upon releasing a very forceful, irritated breath, Gaki was interrupted by the beautiful woman before she could initiate her tirade. "I am being sincere with this offer."

Gaki closed her mouth and allowed the woman to continue. "I had a bit too much to drink that evening I suggested our trip to Seville, so if I had suggested anything mildly offensive, I sincerely apologize."

Risa mentally scoffed. Mildly offensive? Understatement of the century, but she let the woman continue regardless. "Seville is a truly beautiful city, and I believe that it has a few chapels that might strike your fancy. I absolutely insist that you visit, even if it's just for a weekend. You will not regret it!"

The woman sounded sincere enough, and the fact she wasn't carrying around a wine glass was slightly relieving. Gaki pondered. Barcelona had surprisingly failed her in her search for the perfect wedding location, and Nacchi was obviously running out of locations to suggest. The tiny dancer seemed sincere, and she made this Seville place sound like some sort of private paradise in Spain...

Her phone rang. What an odd time. She gestured Ai to wait while she took the call. "Hello?"

"Risa-chan! I'm so sorry to call you at this off-time! I'm not interrupting anything right now am I?" It was Ryousuke.

"No no, you're fine. How are you?" Gaki asked politely, returning her attention to the strange piece of art at the center of the room. She noticed Ai had relocated to a place before the windows of the room, peering silently at the scenery outside. Truthfully, Gaki could care less about what Ryousuke had to say about work. It was always the same thing and he would always reiterate his personal countdown of the days he had left before he could join her. This sort of conversation could only be so interesting for so long...

"Ne, Ryousuke-san...What do you think about Seville?" Gaki inquired, failing to notice Takahashi tilting her head slightly away from the window. Her attention was fully placed upon the one-way conversation she could her from Niigaki. "...Er, I'm not sure how far that's from here...let me ask..." Gaki covered the mouthpiece of her phone and called for Ai.

The tiny dancer turned around at the sound of her name, trying to interpret the words that Risa had silently mouthed to her. "About 2 hours by plane," she responded simply, before turning her attention back to the outdoors. Ai couldn't help but smile as Gaki continued on with her conversation with a person that was presumably the woman's fiancé.

Hook. Line. Sinker.

-----------------------------------[End Chapter 3]------------------------------------------

I'm gonna cut this chapter short. I had a really huge monster of a chapter ready for you guys, but I changed my mind halfway through just to keep things interesting. Hopefully shorter chapters will mean more frequent updates? I do this for you guys <3 Two updates in one day!! I'm spoiling you guys <3 Happy trails!

I did want to explain some things though. Regarding Ai's awkward sentences, I wasn't sure how to make her have an accent or portray her broken Japanese via text, so I just made her have really awkward dialogue. So if you were reading it and wondered why she spoke kind of funny, well, there's your reason. Sorry if it's not a good one T__T And one more thing, the next chapter is where things really really really get interesting  ;) I can't say much else without spoiling, but let's just say I'm gonna heat things up for ya'll come chapter 4!!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 01:47:10 PM by kjpop »

Offline mochi.rini

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • nomnomnomnom
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 04:54:42 AM »
Yay another update! :D  You make me happy today!~  :deco:  Have I mentioned how I love your writing? :)

"You can see the plaza where I dance every time I visit, dine on true Spanish cooking, drink their finest wines, then perhaps make love underneath the moonlight..."

Wait a minute. What was that? Did she just hear that correctly? Did those words just come out of that beautiful woman's mouth? What? This was clearly not processing in Gaki's mind. Perhaps it was a mix of that damn Spanish water and the country's damn wine.  "...Can you repeat that last bit?"

"...Drink wine, make love..."

No, she was definitely sober; she wasn't completely trashed off of wine yet. How unfortunate. "...Excuse me?"

The tiny dancer seemed genuinely confused this time. "Would you like me to repeat that one more time for you?"
Lol best scene!  Way to be blunt Aichan! XD  And persistent~

Ai stood from her seat, her glass of wine in hand and a smile clear on her face. "You will come around, Niigaki-san. They always do" she pauses to push her chair in - "I suggest you think about that offer. You only live one life, and I'd hate for you to waste such a golden opportunity with a woman like myself."
The moral me agrees with Risa...the fangirl in me agrees with Ai Dx ....DO IT RISA DO IT!  :lol:

Ai couldn't help but smile as Gaki continued on with her conversation with a person that was presumably the woman's fiance. Hook. Line. Sinker.
Sneakeh Ai!  Hopefully, she won't do anything to screw up her new found 'friendship' with Risa ;)

Re~eeeady for chapter four! :D  Your portrayl of Ai-chan...awesome  8)  She's the pimp now :lol:

Honestly, I didn't even think her speaking was awkward at all XD  Okay.  I shall wait diligently for the next one ;)  :deco:
Hi~iiya!~  (>^_^)>
Tumblr/blog \(^ - ^)/

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 09:42:45 AM »
Ok, yeah, I can see where this would potentially have an unhappy ending... Or a happy one... Might just have to push for both endings, since either could be good..

Ai-chan is awesome, I lol'd so hard at her blunt offer (and Risa's subsequent reaction) and how sure of herself she is. And, of course, Risa falls right into her web. I have a feeling Risa will soon be the willing victim in this.

Offline aya-chii

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 02:18:08 PM »
seriously,i love your fic
Wont be able to reply long though, reads from mobile. Tee-hee
The moment risa saw ai and missed her, i was dying 2 have them meet finally.from 2nd chap,i had always been curious of how their meeting would be. And lol, that was funny. Love how bold ai was XD now im looking forward, very much, of what will happen next :D
Update!

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 07:38:02 PM »
You write beautifully with such facility. Amazing.

Just wanna leave my mark here so I won't miss an update.

Will be back soon.

"I'm still blaming Sayu for my lolicon tendencies now." ~Essy

Offline kjpop

• DAT ASS!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 07:44:53 AM »
I really had no intention of updating until like next week due to real-life time constraints, but meh who needs sleep anyway?

First, I'd like to apologize for the delay (real life blows). And second, my Spanish isn't what it used to be, so please feel free to correct me if I have my grammar and vocabulary wrong xD

mochi.rini - I'm glad she didn't come off as awkward to you (regarding her speech) lol I really suck with dialogue X__X but man, if you liked pimp ai in ch 3, hope you like what you see in chapter 4 ;D hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge.  ;)

rndmnwierd
- confidence is so sexy to me, probably because I lack it completely haha  :lol:

aya-chii - oh man a mobile reader! thanks for the love!!!  :love:

gracula - oh my god i love you. what are you doing reading this though? AHHHH IM SO UNWORTHY  :panic:

We should play a game: Guess how many glasses/bottles of wine Gaki consumes throughout this story  XD I'm destroying the girl's liver haha

Song of the chapter: Stay with me by back number. I'm bloody obsessed with this group <3

-------------------------------

There was a simple reason why Gaki never took a risk in her life: risks were bad momentary decisions that led to poor life choices and future sticky situations that she knew she lacked the resolve to get out of. This was one of those rare moments when Gaki decided to take a risk, but it was most likely the last one she'd ever take. For good reason.

Currently en route to the charming city of Seville, Gaki held on desperately to her seatbelt, hoping to settle herself in her seat as the plane she currently boarded was engaged in a turbulent battle with a violent thunderstorm outside. Ai had managed to convince her to take the trip on her friend's personal plane, free of charge of course. Little did Risa know, the beautiful liar of a woman failed to mention that the friend was none other than her blinding guitarist friend, and the personal plane was a rusting jet plane that had seen better days. It all sounded like a good idea at the time, but as the trio tossed back and forth in their seats, Gaki was practically convinced she would not live to see her own wedding day.

"I can tell you're worried," Ai cried out over the dreadful sounds of thunder and creaking of the plane's wing panels. "Don't be! Jose is quite an experienced pilot! He only looks blind, but how could he possibly hold a pilot's license without his vision?"

Gaki wondered how the dancer could even think it was okay to crack a joke at this time. Oh dear God. She was going to die in a foreign land with a mad woman and a blind man. How perfect!

It was through some heaven-sent miracle that they arrived at their destination in a timely manner, despite the weather's mishaps. After regaining her vision and settling her hyperventilating system to a calmer state, Gaki finally took in the city that the witch dancer had spoken of so highly. While it was no Barcelona, Seville had quite a share of its own gargantuan cathedrals and other such architecture adorning its streets. At least the dancer didn't seem to lie about this city. As Gaki remained in a blissful awe, her eyes darting here and there, Ai had taken both their luggage along as they boarded off the taxi at the fountain near the entrance of their hotel.

Jose had opted to go roam the city by his lonesome, telling Ai to simply give him a call when she wanted to leave. Gaki was quite hesitant about being left alone with an obvious lunatic, but she wasn't sure how useful a blind man would be in protecting her anyway. Her silly musings were interrupted when Ai had placed their bags on the ground with a thump. "So now that we have arrived at our destination, Niigaki-san, where would you like to begin?"

Risa wanted to jokingly state she would like to hurl whatever she had for breakfast after that horrific plane ride to the city, but thought it rude considering that their stay in Seville was being entirely funded by the lovely little dancer and her blind companion.  "Well, we can check-in and relax a little bit? Since you spoke so highly of this city, perhaps you wouldn't mind showing me around? The chapel searching can happen tomorrow...that flight took a lot out of me..." she admitted meekly. She grabbed hold of her own duffle bag and was lead by the petite woman into the hotel lobby. The dancer had asked her if she had wanted to share a room or have her own, since it was likely Jose would not be returning to the establishment any time soon. Risa had obviously declined, and if there was any indication of disappointment from Ai, well, she hid it very well.

--------------------------------

After taking a bit of time to freshen up a bit in their respective rooms, the duo began their leisurely stroll around the city. The city was quite a marvel in and of itself, and the way Ai's voice took on such a genuinely excited tone whenever she pointed out a building or other site that she frequented from her childhood made Gaki all the more excited to be there. Ai had insisted they take another cab to a different portion of the city, one that was closer to her home. She was not sure when they would be able to find the time to visit this far-off destination, away from all the chapel's of Niigaki's interest, and the tiny dancer had really seemed eager to share this place with her. Reluctant, but very intrigued, the weary Risa had agreed on her companion's offer.

As the cab pulled up to an isolated public square surrounded by sweet shops and other tapas-selling venues, Gaki evaluated the scene before her. It was a quaint and secluded square, much like the one where she had first ran into the crazed dancer. Few youths and the elderly were scattered about, dining at outside tables of the various restaurants and shops that lined the square, engaging in boisterous conversations about anything and everything. Ai had led her with an eager hand to the center of the square, where a lone street performer and his meager crowd of on-lookers occupied. Once he finished his piece and a modest applause was given, Ai and the guitarist had greeted one another with a rather familiar-feeling sort of kiss on the cheek. The tiny dancer leaned in to whisper something into the man's ear. He replied with a knowing smile and began playing a beautiful Spanish melody on his guitar.

Ai had placed herself before the guitarist, and once she had made her presence known, it seemed as though all eyes were on her. Gaki was so entranced by the petite woman's form and fluid motion that she failed to realize the crowd of onlookers had built up since they had first arrived. All had silently watched and admired the free display of poise and grace by this beautiful woman, and as the song drew to a close, the air was immediately filled with cheers and applause that boomed from the center of the square. One of the onlookers had cried in Spanish, "Bienvenida!! Welcome home, Takahashi!!!"

The tiny dancer bowed, the red flush on her face crawling down her pale neck and fading right at the collar of her shirt on her panting chest. Her attire for the day did not hinder her performance, and surely no less graceful than what Gaki had seen before. The woman was awe-inspiring when she moved. Ai went up to her musician friend and thanked him with a warm embrace and another kiss on the cheek before pushing her way through the crowd to reach her awe-struck companion. "This place, Niigaki-san, this square...is very special to me. All of the people that supported my mother and I after she had a terrible accident worked in the shops that surround this square. They were all very kind to us, and so I always make sure to dance for my friends whenever I come home to Seville. It is the least I can do for them."

She wasn't sure if she was still mesmerized by the young woman's lithe form or if the words she had just uttered had just struck her as the most genuine thing to come out of her mouth, but Gaki had managed to erase and forget any sense of apprehension and negativity that surrounded the seemingly crazy dancer. She could only nod in awe-struck silence.

Ai kept her gaze on the younger woman, calculating and analyzing quietly in the confines of her mind. She pointed to the street that led them away from the square, past the sweet shop and said simply, "My mother's home is toward that direction over there. Would you mind terribly if we visited her after you examine the stores and shops at this square? Once again, this is the least I can do for her when I come home...would that be terribly boring for you?"

Gaki was shaken from her trance. This woman was just spewing one genuine thing after another, and this made things so very difficult for one very innately apprehensive Niigaki. But then again, what harm could come from visiting the woman's mother?
-----------------------------------

The Takahashi household was nowhere near as extravagant as Nacchi's, yet no less beautiful in the eyes of the beholder. It was an isolated villa, its walls adorned with with vines and other such vegetation, and the pebble pathway lined with an array for small and colorful flowers. As the two women closed their doors of the cab with a notable slam, an elderly woman tending to a rose bush by the pebble path emerged from the garden. She possessed very striking features, similar to a certain dancer that Gaki knew. Her hair was ashing and laced with streaks of white, bound into a simple low ponytail that hung to the side off her shoulder. As she rolled to the pathway on her wheelchair, she welcomed her daughter and companion with a warm smile. "Ah, hija, bienvenida," she spoke in accented Spanish. The two embraced and Gaki was rather warmed by the display of a mother and daughter's love.

"Mama, esta es mi amiga neuva. Ella es de Japon," Ai explained. Gaki was lost in the Spanish exchange, and could only nod and smile awkwardly when the mother and daughter pair had locked their eyes on her. She muttered a brief "Hola" in greeting, hoping not to be rude.

"Oh, so you're Japanese as well? What a relief!" Takahashi's mother replied in relief. "It's always nice to be able to speak in our mother tongue every once in a while. It's nice to meet you,..." The woman extended a hand forward for a shake.

"Ah, Niigaki Risa. Thank you for welcoming me to your home, Takahashi-san."

Ai had taken hold of the handles on the wheelchair and guided her mother into their home. After situating the woman by the dining table, Ai dismissed herself to fetch her company some wine, or whatever form of alcohol her mother had in their home.

"So what brings you to the city of Seville, Niigaki-san? This is quite a distance away from Japan and I surely doubt many Japanese people have reason to visit this place in their lifetime," Takahashi spoke, a tinge of amusement in her voice.

Gaki had explained to the woman her situation with Ryousuke, discussing their wedding plans in brief detail before Ai had returned to the room with three glasses and a bottle of wine.  "You look lovely as always, mama," said Ai as she poured her mother a generous glass of the alcoholic beverage. "Have you been taking good care of yourself while I was gone?"

The elder woman laughed and passed the full glass over to a bewildered Niigaki. "You know I don't like drinking this much, Aichan. Pour me a proper glass," she chuckled lightly.  "And of course, though it's always lonely when you go off on your traveling tours across Spain."

Ai rolled her eyes, passing a considerably emptier wine glass to her mother. "How else can I support us, mama? You know it must be done..."she said solemnly, pouring herself her own glass of wine. "But I am very happy you're doing well despite the fact I haven't come home in ages."

"Of course, of course," her mother replied, "Has the tour been going well? Are you and Kamei-san still performing your wonderful duets for the public?"

The tiny dancer was silent for a moment and Gaki had looked over to find a very stern look plastered on her usually dainty and lovely face. Kamei-san? Was this the other dancer Nacchi was talking about? She wondered in silence as the mother and daughter pair continued on with their catch-up conversation.

"You know she's somewhere in Madrid living with that tragic artist, Mama. She's put off dancing for the time being," Ai spoke, her tone rather  annoyed by the mention of this mysterious Kamei character.

Her mother took a sip from her glass and heaved a sigh. "That's quite a shame about her...she was such a lovely dancer. The both of you were spectacular with one another!" she exclaimed. "...But I understand that some conflicts cannot be so easily resolved..."

Gaki sat in her seat, completely perplexed by the exchange between mother and daughter. Whoever this Kamei-san was seemed to have quiet an adverse effect on the usually bright Ai. And lord knows how her mother thought the world of this mysterious dancer. She mused quietly to herself, thinking this Kamei was no doubt another victim of Ai's uncontrollable hormones and smooth words.

------------------------------

While her mother went back into the garden to tend to her rosebush in earnest, Ai and Gaki strolled around the spacious yard of the Takahashi home, glasses of wine in hand. As Gaki walked in silence beside Ai, her companion seemed to be lost in a reverie as her eyes gazed around her home. "You know, Niigaki-san, when I was younger, mama had told me I could be whatever I wanted to be. Anything at all! At one point I was even considering becoming an astrophysicist or something crazy like that," she chuckled softly. Ai gestured her companion to take a seat on a stone bench near another rosebush. "But one day, when mama and I went to that square I showed you today, she took me inside the sweet shop because she was looking for a job. The owner had told her that she could start working whenever it suited her, and leaned in to tell me that mama was an amazing dancer once before," Ai paused to pick at a rose in bloom, an almost sad look on her features as she continued.

"He would always tell me stories about how he and the other store owners and guests of the square would stop whatever it was they were doing to watch my mother perform for them. 'It was so inspiring,' he would always say. And I suppose that's what made me want to dance. Every day, I would see my mother come home after work, looking so exhausted and unhappy. At the time I never understood why she was in a wheelchair, but I did know it made her sad being on it. When I found out she had to give up her dreams because of her accident, I felt so horrible!

"She had never forced dancing upon me, Niigaki-san. It was my way of supporting mama. She worked hard for me, so I worked hard for her. And though it means I cannot be home all the time to keep her company, now she doesn't have to work. She can just relax and enjoy life around her for once. I always feel guilty leaving her by herself, but for her dreams and now my own, I cannot give up," Ai spoke, a sense of determination strong in her voice.

Risa was always under the impression that Ai had lacked any sense of propriety and ethic, living simply to enjoy what life threw at her and capriciously engaging in whatever her heart desired at the time. A beautiful creature of spontaneity and freedom, guided by transient emotions and wants without any regard held for moral values, that's who Takahashi Ai was. Risa had never imagined that there was such depth and dynamic to the beautiful dancer, one filled with other aspirations and desires that transcended the brief pleasures of dancing, drinking wine, and making love. It had surprised her, actually, and perhaps...perhaps she was being too hard on the woman. Relying on the rumor mill to form this horrible impression of a woman misunderstood by many was something that Gaki admitted was rather unfair of her. Maybe the woman just had a twisted sense of humor and maybe she herself was being judgmental on the matter.

For the woman that worked hard to support her mother, and continue her dream regardless of hardships and sacrifices, Risa would have nothing but support for Ai. A newfound respect budded from this simple visit to the dancer's home. Risa felt that her initially distorted view of the woman has finally been clarified with this heart-to-heart conversation inspired by the nostalgia of a simple homecoming. Apprehension dwindled and Gaki felt as though she wouldn't mind going through the motions with Ai anymore, at least now that she had a better understanding of the woman.

---------------------------------------

The remainder of their trip to Seville was pure business as Ai had led Gaki through the streets of the city, perusing various chapels and churches in hopes of finding the perfect location for Gaki's wedding. She wasn't sure if she was just being particularly anal about the perfection of the location or if the chapels just lacked that key ingredient that Niigaki wanted, whatever the hell that was at this point. Ai was growing noticeably impatient, but remained hopeful with each new location she introduced to the indecisive corporate woman.

However little did they realize that day after day passed by and each search ended with nothing more than photographed suggestions to Ryousuke. With no decisive action being taken by the stubborn Risa, Ai had taken it upon herself to deem this trip to her beloved Seville unfortunately fruitless. It was their last evening of searching, and unfortunately their last night in the city before leaving back to Barcelona the following morning. As frustrating as the search had been for the week, Ai had suggested the two end their stay on a more positive note by celebrating their failure at one of the restaurants that lined Aichan's beloved isolated square. Too weary to even protest, Risa agreed.

All thanks to the great deal of wine she had consumed over dinner and after spending some quality time with the beautiful dancer, Gaki was more at ease during her meal with Aichan. Their conversation was about nothing in particular, trying to avoid discussing their failure in finding the perfect chapel outside of Barcelona. However, a ringing from Risa's phone had disrupted the pleasant conversation occurring between the two.

"Hello?"

"Risa-chan! Did I catch you at a bad time?" It was Ryousuke. Of course. The only one that ever really cared to call her. After all, Nacchi was convinced she was engaging in some sexcapade with the dancer and felt as though calling would be disturbing any sort of "moments." Her senpai was a witch.

"I'm eating dinner right now, Ryousuke. What is it?" She wasn't annoyed that he called. No. Never. They hadn't actually talked to each other the entire week, outside of picture text messages going back and forth between them. It was kind of nice hearing his voice after all this time.

"I just wanted to let you know I'm flying over to Barcelona in about 3 hours! I should be there in a day or two, depending on layovers, you know how those are."

Oh dear, already? Did she just lose track of her fiancé's countdown? Wasn't she looking forward to this?...Maybe they would be able to decide on a place together...finally. They were, after all, a dynamic duo in the workplace. "Yeah, sure do...but uh..." she paused to bite her lip. "Y-you're breaking up on me Ryousuke..."

What was she doing? This was the first time this week she had heard from him!

"Uh, oh...uh, ok well, I'll call you when I arrive then! I love you!"

"Ah, ah...oh darn, call was dropped," Risa feigned disappointment, putting her phone back into her purse after shutting it down. "I'm sorry about taking that call during dinner..."

Ai smiled, getting ready to pour her companion another glass of wine. "Can you handle another glass?"

Risa laughed. "Of course, I can handle my liquor, Takahashi-san."

The dancer smiled, pouring the woman a generous glass. "Good, good...was that your fiancé by chance?"

Risa felt herself almost choke on her wine. "Uh yes actually, it was." She saw the dancer smile some more, but she couldn't tell if it was just the wine screwing with her vision.

"Why were you so quick to hang up? Surely you miss him, right?" Ai innocently inquired, swirling the contents of her glass, the thick red fluid glistening against the candle light at their table.

"Eh? Of course I do...the international call connection just doesn't seem to comply at this restaurant, however," she paused to drink from her glass. "...Since we leave in the morning, shouldn't you be calling your guitarist soon? It might be a little difficult for him to navigate his way to us if he's nowhere near where we are. "

"Ah don't worry about Jose. He always finds his way." An awkward silence fell on the table as the two continued to eat. A faint Spanish guitar melody playing in the background caught their ears. "...You seem to have taken quite a liking to Spanish guitar, Niigaki-san. Would you like to listen to my friend play at the square after dinner? I'm sure he would not mind playing for you on your last night in Seville," Ai offered.

"It's getting a bit late though. I'm sure Jose wouldn't want us to be late for the departure and I'm sure you need to hurry back to your tour...and the wine is kind of getting to me..." Risa began. It was one white lie after another.

"I'm in no rush, and you said you could handle your alcohol. Besides, we leave tomorrow morning. It would be such a wasted opportunity if we leave it at this, and I'd hate for you to leave Spain with any regrets whatsoever," the tiny dancer replied with a smirk. She held her glass before her, wanting to toast with her companion to conclude their dinner celebration on their final night in Seville. She could see how Gaki was seriously contemplating before her, hesitantly at first, then with a confirmed fervor, clanked her glass to reciprocate the toast. It was going to be a long evening.

----------------------------------------

After being thoroughly entranced by Aichan's local guitarist companion, the two had stayed well past the times the local cabs were in operation. Rather than walking to the hotel this late in the evening, Ai suggested they make their way back to her home to sober up and get some rest before their trip in a few hours. The night was a clear one, and the moon was in plain view, with stars scattered all around the illuminated night sky. They walked in silent admiration of the beautiful scene surrounding them, passing by rows of flowers lining the cobble street that led toward the Takahashi household.

It was awkward for Gaki to remain so quite with a woman that usually kept the conversation going. She opted to break the silence. "Thank you, Takahashi-san...for your efforts here in Seville. I'm sorry we couldn't find a location for the wedding. If there's anything I can do to show my gratitu..."

"It's nothing, Niigaki-san."

Another set of steps in silence. Was the alcohol making her restless? Maybe it was that realization finally just struck. When they go back to Barcelona, Ai would continue off on her dancing tour across the country and Ryousuke would be there to welcome her as well. Wasn't she supposed to be excited to get away from this menace and back into the arms of a familiar and loving face? This restlessness, confusion, and alcohol-influenced mindset made for a horrible combination and Risa felt more bold. Out of her partially drunken state, or perhaps it was sincere curiosity, she asked, "Has the thought of marriage ever crossed your mind, Ai? Or an actual committed relationship?" Risa noted after she had asked the question how rude this might have been, how it might have implied that she viewed the dancer as some sort of dancing street whore with no sense of commitment.

She didn't want that.

Ai laughed softly in reply, something Gaki definitely did not foresee in the midst of her mental panic and guilt. "I'm sure your friend has told you all the rumors about me and Kamei Eri, right?"

"You still love her, don't you?" Risa pressed. Her guilt quickly faded at the mention of that mysterious Kamei figure again. So she was that dancer both Ai's mother and Nacchi had mentioned!

Ai shook her head in response, but Risa would not have it. "You're a horrible liar, Takahashi-san."

The dancer stopped in her tracks, and Gaki followed suite interrupting her stride forward. A stern look fell on the beautiful dancer's face as she spoke. "Well, no. We cared about one another deeply, shared the same passion for dancing and performing, but we were just missing something..."

"What was it? That element?"

Ai looked at her with a sad expression on her beautiful face. "It's something we will never find, something we'll never know at this point..." She continued to walk forward to her home, leaving behind a very confused Niigaki. As she raced to catch up with Ai, the walked together again in silence. The sound of their feet displacing offset stones on the cobble path and the view of the moon were the only things that kept her mind occupied away from what the dancer had just revealed to her, but it did not do a good job. For whatever reason, the idea of Ai failing in a relationship should not have come as a surprise to her, but the whole idea of it now, especially after learning about her some more throughout the week, it just made this entire conversation much sadder. If she can't even stay home to be with her mother, if she couldn't become an astrophysicist or whatever the hell she truly wanted, if she couldn't maintain the only other loving relationship she had with a person that wasn't her mother, was there anything on this planet that could make that woman smile a sincere smile? Was there anything that could make her truly happy? Gaki felt almost selfish for being happily engaged with someone that she loved, someone that made her happy. It was a lonely thought to think that there were people out there that couldn't experience the same happiness. People like Takahashi Ai...

They took a seat together on the stone bench in the Takahashi garden. The moon was shining through the canopy of leaves on the tree beside them as they sat in momentary silence. "Earlier tonight, when we listened to the guitar, I couldn't help but notice your face. You looked so moved...a few times I saw you like that," Ai mentioned, her eyes glistening against the moonlight that seeped through the canopy.

"Why were you look at my face?"

"Why were you looking at mine?"

Gaki's brows furrowed in confusion. "Was I?" She tried to earnestly recall the moment, but the alcohol and drowsiness were working against her memory at this point.

"You probably saw my tears," Ai spoke gently, her eyes still locked on Gaki's. The younger woman blushed upon eye contact, and averted her gaze to the grass in embarrassment. "I was looking at your face because I find it beautiful."

Had the dancer said these same lines a week earlier, Gaki would have violently refused to take it. But now she knew her better. And as much as she didn't want to enjoy the sound of her sultry voice speaking those smooth words, she  couldn't help but feel her knees grow week. Thankfully she was seated on the bench, but this was ridiculous. She was getting married! She was in love!

Right?

"Y-you do?" Risa stuttered, her demeanor faltering as Ai came closer with each passing second. Her heart was beating so loudly against her chest as her face came closer to Ai's...

The dancer tucked a loose strand of the younger's hair behind her ear, and with a gentle smile she replied, "I do. Of course I do. You know I do..."

And their lips came into contact. It was gentle. It was kind. It was totally booze-induced, but it was nice. Gaki let the older woman lean into the kiss, allowed her to lean her back against the cold stone bench of her mother's garden. Niigaki Risa took very few risks in her life, and she was convinced that plane ride to Seville was the worst one. But as she felt the dancer's gentle hands wandering and as she herself reacted so willingly to the woman's touch, Risa was beginning to reconsider that assumption. This just might be the most impulsive decision she makes in her life, but the risks and repercussions that came with it would be something she wouldn't mind dealing with...

...Long after this was over.

-------------------[End Chapter 4]------------------------------

Maybe look for a perv? LOL If I feel like it =P  :cow:

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 04:06:59 PM by kjpop »

Offline risa_ai

• Member+
  • Matsui, Midget, Gaki and random breadcrumbs~
Re: Honto no Kimochi - True Feelings (CHAPTER 4 - updated 04/22)
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 08:13:05 AM »
XD. I need a perv. Pm me one! Hell of a long, sexay chapter!
Me want takagaki to marry instead of a random ryousuke guy. xD ME WANT TAKAGAKI! *goes on strike*
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 01:06:13 PM by risa_ai »

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Honto no Kimochi - True Feelings (CHAPTER 4 - updated 04/22)
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2012, 08:18:08 PM »
Finally!! :w00t: :w00t:

Gaki finally lets her guard down and actually begins to like Ai, omg yo. And that leads to...

Makeout scene!

Pervyesplease,kthnx

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bennie K - Joy Trip