JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: D-Unit - Lockdown

Author Topic: [US] Conan O'Brien  (Read 20634 times)

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
Re: [US] Conan O'Brien
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 04:22:59 AM »
man, he's even going to be at Bonnaroo, on MY BIRTHDAY of all days..

wish i had a ticket to go, officially all sold out now :cry:

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 04:26:06 AM »
WOW! sold out wtf. That's crazy, Yeah I was like Shit CKD gotta go to that whatever comedy fest. in Tennessee. That'd be awesome!

let's go stalk him at the airport LOL

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 04:53:17 AM »
^ well, they were sold out a month ago before I even heard he was actually coming, and i just found out today.

Bonnaroo is a concert, with a couple of comedy shows. Too bad it's the only thing near my house and I can't even go :cry:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 07:24:02 AM »
Yeah he's sold out here too!!! WOW! Amazing! All that's left is these dinner packages for 399

Offline ambidextrouness

• Grunge's still alive and kicking in my heart
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • aaaiiiiieeeeeeeesssshhh!!!
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2010, 10:27:33 AM »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Reanimation

• Kameist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2010, 10:44:57 PM »
Conan has made a deal with cable tv station TBS, His lateshow is this November at 11pm timeslot

He was also close to making a deal with Microsoft XBOX 360 Live

http://www.deadline.com/2010/04/conan-obrien-makes-tbs-deal/
http://kotaku.com/5515288/conan-takes-show-to-tbs-but-he-couldve-gone-to-xbox-live

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2010, 11:09:43 PM »
George Lopez moves to midnight.  Bill Simmons called bullshit on a report that Lopez appealed to O'Brien personally to make the move to TBS.

No matter: Conan's gonna be funnier than Lopez or even Frank TV...

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2010, 12:43:40 AM »
Crazy!!! I wonder how much of Conan's material / band is gonna be there. Certainly NBC won't make him change his music. The only way I get to see George Lopez is on the Latino channel lol, but I'm sure some local station will pick him up.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2010, 05:30:27 PM »
Conan walked into my workplace after doing a show in Vancouver last night. He was visiting some dude, presumbly a friend.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2010, 01:43:42 AM »
LOL You stalker!!! I saw it on facebook but didn't see the beard.

He's repping the Oilers too, pics from last nite:

ETA:

lmfao Conan is THE BEST!

They begged me to play in Calgary but I refused,” the lanky host quipped early on into his 100-minute set. “I didn’t think their hockey team was manly enough.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 08:17:21 AM by daigong »

Offline jaysonnj

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 03:34:58 AM »
I cannot wait to see him! I've been avoiding every review of the show, trying not to spoil it for myself. June 1 can't come soon enough!

Dai, were you able to get tickets to the show?

Mugen nice stalker pics! You should have dressed up as a bear and masterbated in front of him!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2010, 07:30:12 AM »
Nah jay, it was sold out like seconds after it was announced!! Even those ridiculously expensive dinner / meet n greet packages.

can't wait for full on report and pics/video woo hoo!

with all this MoMusu in bunny costumes, I thought of this sketch:

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
Conan on "60 Minutes"
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2010, 10:27:39 AM »
http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2010/05/conan_obrien_does_what_needs_d.html?ft=1&f=1001

Very well done.  For someone who carved out his niche as a behind-the-curtain talent, he's become a master of communication.

Offline jaysonnj

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2010, 09:44:28 AM »

I just returned home from the first of two sold-out nights of Conan O'Brien's "Legally Prohibited From Being Funny On Television Tour" at New York's Radio City Music Hall. It was an absurdly funny two hours of self-deprecating humor!

First off I want to say Radio City is beautiful. It's been about ten years since I've been inside there and I almost forgot how beautiful that place is. Here's a crappy cell phone pic of the theater from my seat just before showtime:

The opening act was Reggie Watts. If you don't know about him, Google him now! You can't go wrong with a song titled "Fuck Shit Stack," or a song wondering about what's in women's "big ass purse" (answer: more purses.) By the end of his set, Watts had Radio City hot and ready for Conan.

After a short intermission out came "The Legally Prohibited Band" came out, warmed up the crowd with a song, then an opening video played showing what Conan's been up to since The Tonight Show. He's gotten fat, depressed, and has grown a heavy beard while waiting around the house for his next job. Funny stuff. Finally Conan come's out to a standing ovation. He talked about how great it was being back in New York after a long time. He also mentioned how awkward he was performing so close to NBC headquarters which is literally across the street from Radio City saying they would call the cops on him if he did anything that made fun of them. Of course that didn't stop him from taking a few jabs at NBC and Leno. When he did a short little impression of Leno he noted that that was really just his impression of Ludacris.

A few of his old characters made it onto the show including the Masterbating Bear, but due to confusion as to who owned the rights to the character he was renamed the Self-Pleasuring Panda. Also Triumph made an appearance via pre-taped video insulting everything about New York. Conan also did part of the show wearing Eddie Murphy's Raw suit. It was ridiculously hilarious to look at.

In the days leading up to the New York show there have been talk of many special guests and surprises. This wasn't a lie. First off, the musical guest for tonight was Vampire Weekend! They performed Walcott with Conan jamming on guitar along side them. Next up Stephen Colbert came out! He and Conan had a dance off with Conan winning after Colbert ruptured his hamstring. Then out from the back of the theater came Jon Stewart out to save his basic cable boy. Stewart was wearing what Conan called a Mexican waiter outfit. Andy Richter ended up shooting Stewart.

Video of Colbert & Stewart (not mine):

Next up came the Walker Texas Ranger lever! Even more special guests came out to help with this bit. First was SNL's Bill Hader, who pulled it as Stefon. Next up was John Krasinski from The Office. And last guest to pull the lever was Paul Rudd. Conan ended up pulling the lever one more time to show this classic:

It was a fun night all around but I'm getting tired so I'm gonna end this (I didn't even get to mention Deon Cole who did a good stand-up half way through the show). Great night, in one of the most beautiful theaters in the world, with one of the funniest men not on television. I only wish I had a ticket to tomorrow's show.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2010, 07:26:22 AM »
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2010, 11:53:08 AM »
GREAT RADIO CITY! He took his act with Jack White and did it on the show - hope he sings more, it's real fun to watch.

He back! Hilarious while interviewing Lea Michele something crashed XD Great Godfather reference too good.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2010, 09:25:44 AM »
SPOILERS!

Conan talking about Finland again!

He saying that they're not on in Finland XD lots of postcards came into him. one postcard had a bear and a gun, an anxious tomato. and naked people in a sauna :lol:

the campaign: http://www.teamcoco.com/blog/bring-conan-to-finnish-television/

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2010, 11:15:39 AM »
^ I was the 6,301st person to "like" that. Now it's 6,615, not that much later. :lol:

I love the Finns who sent him cards, and I love him for this special attention :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2010, 09:28:03 AM »
FINNS!! :finland: RALLY THIS FRIDAY!! in Helsinki at square

lol hunger strike that doesn't include only Finnish foods until his demands take place :rofl:

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2016, 11:34:22 PM »
LOL so on Conan's trip to S. Korea he was able to get into a Korean drama!

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: D-Unit - Lockdown