JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Crystal Kay - & Brand-New

Author Topic: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread  (Read 305780 times)

Loser87

Re: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread ("NEW!")
« Reply #500 on: November 26, 2008, 02:34:15 AM »
Oh yeah thanksgiving..
I'm gonna spend it being in bed sleeping half the time.
The other half eating some food gobble gobble. lol.

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #501 on: November 27, 2008, 07:38:02 PM »

LMAO half an hour later, I realized that a turkey body does NOT look like that... Oh well xDDD
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 07:52:26 PM by Yuuyami »

Offline Chika-chan

• Obsessively obsessed about stuff
  • Member+
  • UNDERPANTS!
« Reply #502 on: November 27, 2008, 07:40:22 PM »
Ack! Yuu, who is we eating?

Avatar and sig by the fabulously dorky, yet quirky DJ Maimai

"I used to have nightmares that they would put "He played Ted" on my tombstone."-Keanu Reeves

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #503 on: November 27, 2008, 07:48:50 PM »
:on lol: but :shock: and :OMG:
Yeah, I wanna know too, who are we eating???? :sweat:

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #504 on: November 27, 2008, 07:53:42 PM »
Well... My Loser-chan tied me up and stuffed me into a turkey's body xDDD

-this post has been edited by me, loser87-

...Well, isn't that lovely...>_> Making me all..cannibal and crazy like.. Whore.
;P
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 05:45:41 AM by Loser87 »

Offline Chika-chan

• Obsessively obsessed about stuff
  • Member+
  • UNDERPANTS!
« Reply #505 on: November 27, 2008, 07:56:56 PM »
Mmmmm....

YUUKEY!

Avatar and sig by the fabulously dorky, yet quirky DJ Maimai

"I used to have nightmares that they would put "He played Ted" on my tombstone."-Keanu Reeves

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #506 on: December 01, 2008, 05:10:52 AM »
Grrr.....It is hard to make perv seem less "vanilla". I want to write something new-ish, in the sense that it's not the same-old, same-old but I don't want to make it super kinky b/c it is TakaGaki's first time. :P
So bored right now. *whimpers*

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #507 on: December 01, 2008, 05:16:12 AM »
^ That's why you write an ongoing story.................and end the final chapter with a perv xDDD

Of course, it could be a simple three shot with something 'special' at the end, but hey, I've always found it more fun to write up a story which leads to a lovely reward at the end xDDD Maybe you should give it a try. o_o;

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #508 on: December 01, 2008, 08:03:47 AM »
Grrr.....It is hard to make perv seem less "vanilla". I want to write something new-ish, in the sense that it's not the same-old, same-old but I don't want to make it super kinky b/c it is TakaGaki's first time. :P
So bored right now. *whimpers*

Just add random inanimate objects... it's all the craze :P

Was totally meant to catch up on fics today, but instead got distracted and I've been watching the Wonder Girls for *counts on fingers* 8 hours XD Time to get back to youtube for more of the action :D

Oh and raise your hand if you think I should buy a new laptop... IT HAS A REMOTE!!! :w00t:

Offline Demon Eyes

• My Slashables!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I See It, Do you?
« Reply #509 on: December 05, 2008, 03:25:54 AM »
A Young Girl's Odyssey

by rokun

Dear rokun, :love:

Here I am again, reading your fics and...reviewing. :inlove:

Once again confirming that it is/can only be you that plays the Reina/Mikitty card. :twisted:

First things first,

Thank you for that fact I just pointed out above. Thank you.

Then, I scream "THIS STORY DESERVES A SEQUEL".

I want to see Reina grow to love Sayumi. The feeling I got from the end was that Reina wasn't quite in love with Sayu-chan yet. It was described as Sayu loving Reina but nothing on Reina's side except that time when she mentioned she wanted to grow to Sayumi.

This calls for a nice romance/drama version of this universe developing these two's relationship. like, you know, Berryz beau. This fics ending left a lot of things un cleared, well, not a lot but the most important, Like Ai-chan and Reina's relationship after this and Ai-chan's side of things and the company. What happened there like?!

That out of the way, since I wanted to not forget it I said it first, I quite enjoyed this story. Like I mentioned somewhere else here, I am not into main stream couples except GAM but this story introduced me to a new ship, the Reina/Sayumi, the reason, I confess, that I was able to finish it.

At first, I was grabbed by the events in the beginning about miki. My first thought was;

"W.T.F"

Seriously, no foolin'.

I was thinking what you was smoking for killing off THAT person of all people. I mean, Reina got to me in CotD but this was...This was ....This was the first reason I was pulled to this story. then somehwere fsrther, I was really getting scared that that was for real when it came to the funeral and such so, thank the gods for the finished story, I decided to spoil my self and read the last chapter.

imagine my Shoku when I discovered the ultimate girlfriend of our heroine. I felt like how I did, almost like how I did when I found the charming YurinaxRisako. Just like that, I found a new ship to add to my Most wanton. I decided just then and there to go back to page 1, Sentence 1, the first word and re-read to the last word.

It was quite painful in the beginning when I was fooled like everyone else, I wanted to jump in there and comfort poor Ayaya myself. I still can't decide if I should be mad at you for that so I will be getting back to you.

Yes, I am one of those who get so pulled into a story that we can't help feel for the characters strongly.

It sure did take a long time to get to the ReinaxSayu bits but by then, I had learned the truth so I was already sold. Wherever Mikitty is, everything is right with that fic.

I also loved every bit of ReinaxMikitty that you through in there. Everyone.

Wait, I just thought about this now, but since Mikitty wasn't really dead, did she actually sneak into Reina-chan's bed, or was it all in Reina's head?! I guess it was all in her head since they never actually talked about it when Mikitty was 'resurrected'. But if it wasn't all an illusion, even if it was actually, then this means there is a special/strange bond btn the two. the more wierder it might be is that this is all on Reina's side which makes my head spin more. But I won't make my thoughts on that known for I know I wouldn't survive the stone from the Ai and Eri corners.

Arr.

if this bit is in all you MM fics, I am gonna dig them all up and read them no matter what pairing they support. I have a feeling this is actually bigger than just ReinaxMikitty playing around. there might be a GRANDE plane in the making. - oh how I dream. Dream s are nice.

They remind me of Usagi x Rei from Sailor Moon. Soulmate don't have to be lovers you know ... ;)

Now that I think about it, you aren't the only one playing around with this ship, I read "All Aboard" and they had moments there too though in that universe, Mikitty is made out to be a Glomp Glomp Playa or something Demon!

Any who, you are the nest rokun.

You have really come a long way from CotD to this. this reminds me of the review of that story I did in the Reviews section. I am still a little hurt by the end of the first arc. I will pray still that you reconsider in the sequel. I already "raged" :sweatdrop: about it in the Reviews section so I will spare this pace.

I am still waiting for mortivation to continue  BB but I the fact that the heroine in...not in my top girls of Berry, I am still finding it hard.

Sorry about this but I have been told to be one of the most straight forward people. :oops:

Great story this one AYGO, turned out to be but it felt open ended.

Oh well, can't have then all now can we...

Definitely printed and stored for re-reading.

Great job rokun.

Keep it up. :D

4.5/5

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #510 on: December 08, 2008, 12:14:37 PM »
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY o___O;

We gots our winner~!

CONGRATS TO LIL_HAMZ FOR FANFIC OF THE MONTH

And no, I don't think you can talk your way out of this one, hun xDDDD

Embrace your victory, giiiirl~!  :heart: :heart: :heart:

I'll draw a celebratory drawing later... When I come back from school, roffle xDDD

So deary, PM Daigong for le prize~!

Great victory~!  :heart:

If anyone wants the details, her votes have REALLY been shooting up, after three days, it was already 19 versus 3 for the other two (hence my saying "wow, landslide victory o_o" earlier) but then the votes for the other two shot up as well while Hamminz went up a bit, but overall, with a lovely 22, Hamminz wins xDDDD

Congrats~  :heart:

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #511 on: December 08, 2008, 11:38:05 PM »
yay congrats hammy~ 

lol Yuuyami I'm going to have to associate your moderator-ship with stickies (since you added another new one today) XD 
I don't know if it's good or bad (as in necessary) but some of them are just not getting any activity such as bootcamp and whitelist.
H!P Fanfiction Cheat Sheet  probably got neglected cause it was just easier to read a new story than to look up the summary first XD  but you know it's a great resource for new readers so I see why you'd want to bring it back

I probably should pm this instead but figured it's better if other ppl discussed it too.  All the stickies are important threads so I don't know...this is probably just one of my pointless musings so you can totally disregard it too.

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #512 on: December 09, 2008, 01:11:06 AM »
Wooooot! GO Hammy!!! :w00t:

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #513 on: December 09, 2008, 01:43:39 AM »
CONGRATZ HAMMY!! *showers with more luff* :cow:

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #514 on: December 09, 2008, 03:20:54 AM »
the bootcamp and the beta-roster-and-white-list were stickied on my request.

they are there as advertisments for the betas and the whitelist participants, hence, the necessity(or so i thought) for it to be on the first page.

i had requested the bootcamp be stickied to give people alternatives to the experimental program in case they want some kind of guidance...

the activity (if it does happen) related to the thread was expected to show not on the thread itself but on the improvement of the writers and the serious commenting from readers...

but that was the goal... it seems is miles away...

to the mods, do as you deem fit...

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #515 on: December 09, 2008, 05:11:13 AM »
In regards to the whole stickies thing... xDDD;

Truthfully, I thought they were starting to hoard the board, and the fanfiction section in general is starting to get huge, so my Loser-chan and I actually filed in a request for Dai to divide the forum into subforums so as to make everything easier to find xDDD;

But I can't spoil to much :P

I promise you all, our induction into mod-status will be a bang xDDD Wait til you see what we got planned for this month! <3

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #516 on: December 09, 2008, 06:26:49 AM »
Quote from: Yuuyami
I promise you all, our induction into mod-status will be a bang xDDD Wait til you see what we got planned for this month! <3

More turkey chopping?? :P

But I digress. Congrats to Lil hamz!

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #517 on: December 09, 2008, 07:18:06 AM »
In regards to the whole stickies thing... xDDD;

Truthfully, I thought they were starting to hoard the board, and the fanfiction section in general is starting to get huge, so my Loser-chan and I actually filed in a request for Dai to divide the forum into subforums so as to make everything easier to find xDDD;

But I can't spoil to much :P

...I'm scared... :cry:

Congrats once again Hammy-sama :w00t: :heart:

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #518 on: December 09, 2008, 09:01:15 AM »
lol I'm scared too XD

organization is good...hopefully it wouldn't be too subdivided cause then ppl tend not to visit other sections XD

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #519 on: December 09, 2008, 09:18:03 AM »
CONGRATS Lil_Hamz!!! :shakeit:

Yaw. Yuuyam-eeezy and Loser-eeeezy doing a bang up job.  :heart: I sure love those illustrations XD

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Crystal Kay - & Brand-New