JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mass of the Fermenting Dregs - Aoi, Koi, Daidai-iro no Hi

Author Topic: Runaway from the Past  (Read 316065 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Runaway from the Past - update~~~
« Reply #980 on: October 17, 2008, 07:21:00 AM »
*ring*

The Way quickly picked up the phone with the finesse and formality that he was trained in. "Good afterno--"

"Oi... I need to talk to the old pair..." Third crassly butted in.

The Way, surprised at the sudden call and demand chastised the agent. "Third, you know that you are not allowed to call this number nor speak to the former agents."
Re-enter...The Eyes.   :shocked:

*THIRD-WAY CONVO*
Oh boy. When one needs the knowledge of a retired/former agent, you know that all of a sudden you're dealing with something that has been in progress for quite a fair bit of time. This means there has been some big-time planning involved, and most likely involves a big-time, long-term goal.

"If we weren't in you house this morning while you we doing it, you have every right to keep it to yourselves... but having done it knowing that we were there... girl, you better start talking..."
Shiba-chan = :twisted:

"Alright already..." Rika admitted defeat as she took in a deep breath. As she exhaled to begin the narration, Ayumi's cellphone rang.
Shiba-chan = :doh:

She quickly pressed the answer button. "Yes, Yoshizawa-san... hmm? ... ... ... So you wan't me to take her home early? ... but Joseph's not here yet... ... ... okay... I'll be there as soon as possible..." Ayumi turned to Rika who was looking at her eagerly, knowing that the person who just called was Hitomi.
Considering this twist in developments (namely, the fact that the old investors are coming out of the woodwork, AND they're pissed off), Rika's not safe when she's out in public instead of at home.

Yossi, however, needs to tell Rika about these new developments with the investors. It's her neck that's on the line here, she has the right to know.

Man, you're a lucky girl...I have to get to the office quickly and you're going home..."

"Eh? My time here isn't up yet--"

Right then and there, Joseph entered the room.

Ayumi packed up her things in a rush. "It is now... thanks, Joseph..." She gave him a quick glance before dragging Rika out of the room.
Said it before and I'll say it again...poor Jo CANNOT catch a break.
:wahaha:

Ayumi watched Rika waving goodbye to her from the rear-view mirror as she drove away. The happy farewell was only interrupted by the sudden fall of rain that sent Rika running into the building.
Ah, rainy season in RP...where the weather can go from perfectly clear to downpour in less than 30 seconds. XD

anyway... i've decided to write shorter updates... my brain is frying so... yeah... no logic at all... i just don't feel like writing long stuff...
'Tis okay. At least you're not abandoning the fic altogether.  :)

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline zay05ohayou

• Flip..
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • shoubu shoubu PATII PATII~!
« Reply #981 on: October 17, 2008, 07:29:15 AM »
Interesting.. Sudden call.. Rika by herself.. Hitomi doing something urgent..  :O

Ishiyoshi~ DEF.DIVA~ GAM~ hANGRY&ANGRY <33

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #982 on: October 17, 2008, 01:56:38 PM »
@JFC: sounds like you miss the RP... :lol: ... yeah... i'll be updating in shorts... i can't abandon this one...

@zay: ha~~ I'm talking to you now... :lol:

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rika sighed as she leaned against the elevator's wall. The cold sent a shock through her body. 

Alone again.

She looked up at the light on the ceiling. It shone brighter than before. The maintenance crew must have cleaned it today.

Just this morning she was in this same elevator with Hitomi. To-chan... Rika closed her eyes as she waited for the elevator to get to its intended destination.

The empty hallway, the dim lights, and the sound of the falling rain couldn't help but to make her feel lonely.

She slowly entered the flat. It feels different now, entering their home alone. It only made her miss her prince more.

At the flip of the switch, the light illuminated their humble abode.

She lounged on the couch that served as their bed last night. A quick nap might help pass the time until the prince comes home.

==

Ayumi headed straight to the president's office even if she was dripping wet. She forgot to keep an umbrella in her car. Everybody on the way from the doorway to the elevator queue watched her but she payed no attention to them.

There was urgency in Hitomi's voice that Ayumi couldn't ignore. Things like these make her worry as she knew that the president was more of the cool, calm and collected type.

She briskly pushed the doors open as she walked into the room. "Yoshizawa-san..."

Hitomi looked up at hearing the voice of the extra hand that she called for. "Un, Ayumi..."

"What was so urgent that you had to uproot Rika from her hospital duties?"

"I need you to set up bank accounts for Rika."

"What for?"

Hitomi paused. She knew she will get a scolding from Ayumi. "Rika has debts to pay back home..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CHARMY PREVAILS!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #983 on: October 17, 2008, 03:08:44 PM »
Yossie's paying, that's cool

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #984 on: October 17, 2008, 04:18:50 PM »
Yey! New chapter!

And be glad I didn't call him Hulio XD.

I'll be waiting here, for the next update, right next to these RADIOACTIVE MONKEYS!

And if you take too long I might fling one at you, and send one of my baby pandas to keep you/it company too ;) So if I was you I'd post quick or eat a yoghurt bomb.

Here, waiting, now get, writing, please ?!~
Pretty please, with YoMiki on top!~
I have a porcupine called zazoom, he leaves his scent on peoples' graves.

Offline maverickpanda

• Yaguchi&Yossi: awesome begets awesome
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #985 on: October 17, 2008, 04:57:07 PM »
 :mon beam: :cool1: Yossi is just to epic for words

(Image of absolute awesome provided by Gloopip Graphix)

Friends are those who walk in when the rest of the world walks out.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #986 on: October 17, 2008, 09:44:10 PM »
@JFC: sounds like you miss the RP...:lol:
Well, yes and no. Family members and the shopping, yes. The heat/humidity/urban fumes, not so much.
:mon sweat:

I admit, it would be nice to come back for a visit. Last time I went was in 2001.

Hitomi looked up at hearing the voice of the extra hand that she called for. "Un, Ayumi..."

"What was so urgent that you had to uproot Rika from her hospital duties?"

"I need you to set up bank accounts for Rika."

"What for?"

Hitomi paused. She knew she will get a scolding from Ayumi. "Rika has debts to pay back home..."
Well, it makes sense, in a way. The creditors/investors will likely accept no less than receiving their due payment directly from the Ishikawa family. So if that's what it takes, then that's what they're going to have to make happen. :yep:

Offline hotohori

• Member+
  • yossie XD *dokidoki*
« Reply #987 on: October 17, 2008, 10:27:14 PM »
~kya Yossie wants to pay the debts  :w00t:
Why does she always have to be so kakkoi ?  :farofflook:

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #988 on: October 18, 2008, 12:59:18 AM »
Oh God no! :( Rika's dad sure racked up a lot of debt. I can't believe that Yossy is willing to sell her old home with all the memories of her childhood...then again, it wasn't exactly the best. But damn...Ishiyoshi really does prevail, doesn't it? Yossy is the greatest, foreal. :heart:

Sorry I've been missing so many updates...but I do love you and your work, tru!! :heart:

edit: I bet that Third is Reina!!! I'm probably wrong... XD

Offline zay05ohayou

• Flip..
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #989 on: October 18, 2008, 01:19:11 AM »
Yossie!  :wub: *swooon* can she be any cooler? actually yes!!  :w00t:
A scene of a prince, who is 80% male, in a white horse saving a princess plays in my mind...
Rika's debts though are very worrysome. oh well.. Yossie can pull it off easy!

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #990 on: October 26, 2008, 06:20:19 AM »
Yossie's paying, that's cool
maybe... i hope nothing bad happens...

Here, waiting, now get, writing, please ?!~ Pretty please, with YoMiki on top!~
the Yomiki on top kept me from writing... i had to find extra large tongs to get it off the pretty please...

:mon beam: :cool1: Yossi is just to epic for words
EPIC cannot describe how awesomely awesome yossui is...

Well, yes and no. Family members and the shopping, yes. The heat/humidity/urban fumes, not so much. :mon sweat:
the traffic, dear, don't forget the traffic...
I admit, it would be nice to come back for a visit. Last time I went was in 2001.
go to Palawan or somewhere remote... :LOL:

Well, it makes sense, in a way. The creditors/investors will likely accept no less than receiving their due payment directly from the Ishikawa family. So if that's what it takes, then that's what they're going to have to make happen. :yep:
also... yossui doesn't want anyone to know how big a hand she has in this whole ordeal...

~kya Yossie wants to pay the debts  :w00t: Why does she always have to be so kakkoi ?  :farofflook:
well, the whole 'everybody's-gonna-sue-rika-for-perjury-fraud-and-whatnot' is consequential to yossui's blindsighted investment in the name of the ishi... so, yossui, be a man and take responsibility...

Oh God no! :( Rika's dad sure racked up a lot of debt. I can't believe that Yossy is willing to sell her old home with all the memories of her childhood...then again, it wasn't exactly the best.
the home of memories burnt down a long time ago... the house in question is just another property but the fact that yossui inherited it from her mom does make the whole house selling a wee bit difficult...
But damn...Ishiyoshi really does prevail, doesn't it? Yossy is the greatest, foreal. :heart:
ishiyoshi prevailed, prevails, but the question is, will they prevail in the future?
Sorry I've been missing so many updates...but I do love you and your work, tru!! :heart:
no need to be sorry, as you may have noticed, i haven't been working so much on the fic recently...*sigh* thanks for the love and support! :heart:

Yossie!  :wub: *swooon* can she be any cooler?
actually yes!!  :w00t:
thanks for answering your own question... :lol:
A scene of a prince, who is 80% male, in a white horse saving a princess plays in my mind...
Rika: Watashi no Oujisama~~
Rika's debts though are very worrysome. oh well.. Yossie can pull it off easy!
money is no object... but there are many other things they should worry about...

AFTER A LONG WHILE, ANOTHER SHORT

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ayumi approached the desk. She was a bit surprised at Hitomi's last statement. "Didn't we agree to just let the debt be? Uncle Yoichi's filed for bankruptcy and nobody knows where Rika-chan is... nobody's looking for her... You don't need to pay for anything!"

"Um... actually... they ARE looking for her now..." Hitomi spun her chair around, truning away from Ayumi who was still lost. "They think that Ishikawa Rika is not bankrupt..."

The rain fell rapidly to the ground, collectively thumping on the ground.

"What? How could they even conceive that? The name Ishikawa hasn't been heard in the business community for the past 5 years!"

"They heard it again... just recently... I--"

Ayumi ran around the table and faced Hitomi. "You what?"

"I placed an investment under her name in Matsuura--"

Ayumi yelled at her boss. "YOU WHAT?!?"

"I invested 10 million dollars under her name..." Hitomi looked away, refusing to look at the gravely angered Ayumi.

"I TOLD YOU BEFORE--"

"not to involve her in business... I know... I remember..."

The nonchalance in her tone was enough to make Ayumi forget the hierarchy in the corporate ladder and raise her hand to slap Hitomi hard on the face. Hitomi's head reeled to the left as the impact of Ayumi's hand on her cheek sounded simultaneously with the flash of lightning.

She could've evaded the assault. Her reflexes were quick enough to stop Ayumi but she didn't. She knew she deserved to be slapped for putting Rika in this position. Hitomi sat still, not moving.

Ayumi was shocked at what she had done. She wanted to apologize but somehow, she couldn't speak. She felt her heart racing.

Moments of silence passed before Ayumi calmed down. "What were you thinking? She doesn't need to have a ten million dollar investment in a company that has close ties with yours..."

"... ... I was thinking 'what if she was pregnant?'... You know how it is here... and you told me yourself not to take her back to Japan... what if something happens to me? I just wanted to ensure her future..."

Ayumi stepped back before turning away. "You knew she wasn't pregnant the first week she stayed with you."

"... ... I know... ... ... but..." I wished I knew wrong...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CHARMY-SAMA PREVAILS!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #991 on: October 26, 2008, 06:39:08 AM »
Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly crap Shiba-chan!
:stunned:

She's completely right, of course, but still....whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooa.

Offline Yankii Heart

• Member+
  • *New Eyes*
« Reply #992 on: October 26, 2008, 07:57:08 AM »

Hitomi's head reeled to the left as the impact of Ayumi's hand on her cheek sounded simultaneously with the flash of lightning.

Shiba-chan :mon curtain:

"... ... I was thinking 'what if she was pregnant?'... You know how it is here... and you told me yourself not to take her back to Japan... what if something happens to me? I just wanted to ensure her future..."

Kakkoi Yossy  :mon inluv:... Still, don't endanger the wife  :mon nwei:

Nice update! :mon geek:

Offline hotohori

• Member+
  • yossie XD *dokidoki*
« Reply #993 on: October 26, 2008, 09:53:06 AM »
Hitomi's head reeled to the left as the impact of Ayumi's hand on her cheek sounded simultaneously with the flash of lightning.
  :mon spit: :mon scare:

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #994 on: October 26, 2008, 05:06:54 PM »
Holy crap... Yossy did WHAT?! :mon wtf: But then Shiba-chan was :mon slapself: I'm in shock, foreal.
Great update!!! :mon devcandy:

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #995 on: October 26, 2008, 11:02:28 PM »
[quote author=JFC link=topic=16065.msg521012#msg521012 date=1224999548 Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly crap Shiba-chan!
:stunned:
She's completely right, of course, but still....whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooa. [/quote]
yeah...  scary stuff, shiba-chan...

Shiba-chan :mon curtain:
there, there...
* tru pets Yankii Heart
Kakkoi Yossy  :mon inluv:... Still, don't endanger the wife  :mon nwei:
an insurance plan could've done the trick... *sigh*
Nice update! :mon geek:
thank you

:mon spit: :mon scare:
monkeys speak louder than words...

Holy crap... Yossy did WHAT?! :mon wtf: But then Shiba-chan was :mon slapself: I'm in shock, foreal.
Great update!!! :mon devcandy:
thanks...  :on beatup: she slapped me too...

UPDATE!!

Ayumi stood still, looking out the window, thinking of how blissful Rika looked before they parted earlier. "... Does Rika know about this?"

"No. We can't let her know..." Hitomi stood up and joined Ayumi by the window. "I've almost got everything figured out... We just have to make a large transfer of funds... I won't let Rika suffer anymore..."

"What's the plan?"

"Murata Megumi has negotiated on her behalf. The creditors have agreed not to push charges if they are paid 150% percent of the debt with compunded interest..."

"That's about 40 million yen... ..."

"I know... but that is the only way... now, we have to move quickly. I have phoned in on banks in the Moscow, Berlin, Geneva..."

"You asked them to create dummy accounts? ... You know that's dangerous..."

"I'm not laundering government funds. I'm paying off my debts..."

"Funny how you're calling them your debts..."

"If PubCom was what sunk CorPrint, these debts are really mine... ... and besides" Hitomi paused as a weak smile managed to show on her face. "Rika is married to me..."

The last remark made Ayumi smile too. Rika did look like a newlywed wife. "So, what do you want me to do?"

"Set-up accounts here... Nobody must know that I am personally involved in this. Since you are known to be her friend, even if you work for me, they can still make out a distinction... Banks elsewhere have agreed to predate all documents and records... and to vouch for Rika in case banks here check into her finances..."

"You don't trust bank executives here?"

"You know most of them are friends with HIM... Of all people... he should be the last to know... He shouldn't know..."

"Well then... I better get to work..."

"The money to be deposited are in the armored car with Ayaka's people... just make the calls and distribute them accordingly... everything under Rika's name..."

"How much?"

"Five million pesos..."

"Five banks?"

"Yes... I also want you to monitor the transfers from Europe to the bank accounts of the creditors... We might need to rely on American banks too so we have to work overtime..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~YOSSUI (and her money) PREVAILS!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #996 on: October 27, 2008, 01:37:30 AM »
Woah this scheme is getting intense. (Wonder what Rika will say when she finds out)

Offline zay05ohayou

• Flip..
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #997 on: October 27, 2008, 02:35:24 AM »
tru~~~~   :D
maan... yossie is gonna go bankrupt!!!
oh well.. d(^.^)b yay to kakkoi oujisama~~
they should be a happy married couple forevar~  :yep:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #998 on: October 27, 2008, 03:13:07 AM »
"If PubCom was what sunk CorPrint, these debts are really mine... ... and besides" Hitomi paused as a weak smile managed to show on her face. "Rika is married to me..."

The last remark made Ayumi smile too.
:wriggly:

"So, what do you want me to do?"

"Set-up accounts here... Nobody must know that I am personally involved in this. Since you are known to be her friend, even if you work for me, they can still make out a distinction... Banks elsewhere have agreed to predate all documents and records... and to vouch for Rika in case banks here check into her finances..."

"You don't trust bank executives here?"

"You know most of them are friends with HIM... Of all people... he should be the last to know... He shouldn't know..."
DEFINITELY.  :yep:

Yossi knows that if Jin finds out about this, he'll try to use it as leverage to gain back controlling interest in PubCom.

"The money to be deposited are in the armored car with Ayaka's people... just make the calls and distribute them accordingly... everything under Rika's name..."

"How much?"

"Five million pesos..."

"Five banks?"

"Yes... I also want you to monitor the transfers from Europe to the bank accounts of the creditors... We might need to rely on American banks too so we have to work overtime..."
As long as Shiba-chan makes sure to NOT mention anything about PubCom/Yossi's connection to Rika, hopefully it should work out smoothly. The average bank employee won't have any knowledge of this. All they'll see is the potential for their bank to get a LOT of money, and that's something they won't likely risk messing up/turning away.

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #999 on: October 27, 2008, 04:10:51 AM »
Woah this scheme is getting intense. (Wonder what Rika will say when she finds out)
i wonder how she's gonna find out...

tru~~~~   :D
yo yo yo~!
maan... yossie is gonna go bankrupt!!!
meh... 4 million yen... yossui's got a lot more dough...
oh well.. d(^.^)b yay to kakkoi oujisama~~
YAY!!!
they should be a happy married couple forevar~  :yep:
  :yep:  :yep:  :yep: no doubt about it...

:wriggly:
:wriggly
DEFINITELY.  :yep:
Yossi knows that if Jin finds out about this, he'll try to use it as leverage to gain back controlling interest in PubCom.
plus, yossui knows that Jin is really looking into Rika's identity (hiring the Eyes and all)
As long as Shiba-chan makes sure to NOT mention anything about PubCom/Yossi's connection to Rika, hopefully it should work out smoothly.
i'm hopeful the transactions would all go smoothly...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thunder reverbated in their home as Rika awoke from her slumber. Five hours have passed since she laid down for a nap. It was already seven. It was obvious to her that Hitomi still wasn't home. Had she arrived she would've woken Rika up.

Rika took her cellphone from under her pillow. She wanted to call Hitomi but she knew the latter must be very busy. Pressing number 2, she called Ayaka instead.

Ayaka picked up quickly, right after one ring. "Moshi moshi..."

"Ayaka, it's me."

"Oi, Rika-chan what's up?"

"Are you still in the office?"

"Yeah... But I'm close to leaving... Mai's gone home... Ayumi's here in the office--"

"Is Hicchan busy?"

"I'm afraid so... do you want to talk to her?"

"Oh, No. I wouldn't want to bother her... Has she eaten dinner yet?"

"Ano... She's been so busy, she hasn't even eaten lunch..."

"She hasn't eaten anything?"

"Just the cinnamon roll and coffee I prepared... but that was a long while ago..."

"Thanks, Ayaka..."

"Do you wan't to leave a message for Yoshiko?"

"No... that's not neccesary... I'll just speak to her myself later. Thanks."

*click*

Rika-chan's such a sweet girl Ayaka smiled to herself before calling to Hitomi on the intercom. "Yoshiko, I'm going home, okay?"

She received silence as a response. "Oh, well... ... Ayumi, Aren't you going home yet?"

"I'm still waiting for a couple of banks in the States to open... ... I still got some stuff to do... Was that Rika-chan who called?"

"Yeah... Just worried about the boss... Anyway...I hope you finish whatever Yoshiko asked you to do. As for me, I'm calling it a day. See you tomorrow..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CHARMY-SAMA PREVAILS!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mass of the Fermenting Dregs - Aoi, Koi, Daidai-iro no Hi