JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tarachine - Mellow Gold

Author Topic: Sin City  (Read 8972 times)

Offline johnbobman

• Member+
Sin City
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2005, 12:17:44 PM »
One of the best movies I've seen in awhile, I've got to get myself the dvd :D

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Sin City
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2005, 04:20:49 PM »
Are there any extras on DVD?

I hope thet get the dvd version here soon. The movie premiere was delayed months for some reason.
coot is ctz

Offline harlock

• Not Sick of Sayumi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Sin City
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2005, 04:28:20 PM »
Quote from: ctz

I hope thet get the dvd version here soon. The movie premiere was delayed months for some reason.

the extras on the dvd are non-existent. It has a making-of that, if you seen any of the behind the scenes stuff on tv when the movie was out, you'll won't get much outta it. It's very much an absolute BARE-BONES dvd. The special edition is coming out later this year, with all the friggin awesome extras.

With that said, I urge everyone to go out any buy Frank Miller's Sin City on dvd NOW. It sports one of the best digital transfers EVER for a dvd and is an awesome, awesome movie. Buy it now, then buy the special edition later this year!!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
Sin City
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2005, 02:22:50 AM »
I just rented it today, and I really liked it. I didn't really know what to expect, because  I heard so many good things about it, but a lot of people I talked said it was pretty weak. I plan to duy the DVD really soon.

Offline Eijiro

• Relax, it's just sex
  • Member+
Sin City
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2005, 10:07:08 AM »
Quote from: harlock3333
Quote from: ctz

the extras on the dvd are non-existent. It has a making-of that, if you seen any of the behind the scenes stuff on tv when the movie was out, you'll won't get much outta it. It's very much an absolute BARE-BONES dvd. The special edition is coming out later this year, with all the friggin awesome extras.

With that said, I urge everyone to go out any buy Frank Miller's Sin City on dvd NOW. It sports one of the best digital transfers EVER for a dvd and is an awesome, awesome movie. Buy it now, then buy the special edition later this year!!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

I'm disappointed with the lack of extras. I was about to order the DVD off Amazon (It's not out in Aus yet) but then I noticed the extras (Or lack thereof) and decided to wait it out for a 2 disc set or something... The special edition is gonna own. :o

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
Sin City
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2005, 11:34:19 PM »
I watched this at the cinema when it premiered here, and I was blown away. I hadn't read any of the comics before seeing it, nor did I know much about the movie apart from the fact that it was in black and white (well.. with some colour 8]). The fact that Elijah Wood was in it caught me completely by surprise, I also loved seeing Nick Stahl in it *Carnivàle fangirl*

Love the style of the movie.. definitely getting the dvd :D

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
Sin City
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2005, 03:03:31 AM »
I'm told that the special edition coming out later this year will be a different presentation of the stories.  Instead of jumping between the narratives, the stories will be presented in a more linear fashion, with more "extra footage."  I'm not sure if the SE will have the original theatrical cut but...  I was too impatient to take that chance and bought the bare-bones version for $15 at Wal-Mart yesterday.

Must-see movie.

Offline Lunatic

• Have no fear juicy is here
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Sin City
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2005, 02:38:31 PM »
And what bonus have the special version?

I loved the movie as much as I loved the graph-novels, by far was one of the faithful movies that has been made.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Sin City
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2006, 04:45:06 PM »
SIN CITY 2 IS COMING

SIN CITY SEQUEL WAITING FOR JOLIE
Actress ROSARIO DAWSON has confirmed reports ANGELINA JOLIE will be signing on for the sequel to SIN CITY and production on the film is on hold while the star is pregnant.

Jolie is currently expecting a baby with BRAD PITT, but is eager to co-star with Dawson, who will reprise her part as rogue hooker GAIL in the movie.
The star is rumoured to be playing the role of A DAME TO KILL FOR in the next installment of the film.

Dawson says, "The film's kind of been postponed because ROBERT (RODRIGUEZ, the director) has been interested in Angelina Jolie for the lead. But she's very pregnant right now. So that's putting an understandable hold on the film."

The second film will be based on FRANK MILLER'S graphic novel stories A Dame to Kill For and LOST, LONELY and LETHAL, according to website, moviehole.net.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Sin City
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2006, 10:12:37 PM »
They had a perfect chance to replace Jolie with someone else and they didn't use it! :(
coot is ctz

Offline sothich

Sin City
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2006, 04:37:36 PM »
just seen it yesterday, Jessica is so beautiful

Offline eLmaEsTrO

Sin City
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2006, 08:04:44 PM »
just watched it...damn alexis bledel i soo cute!!...hehe :P

Offline Vodka

• 「Sh-boom」
  • Member+
  • Friday Ninja
Sin City
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2006, 08:16:32 PM »
The Sin City movie was wicked, the graphic novels are even better (been a big fan of the GN's for a while).

And what's this I hear about Angie Jolie possibly getting the main role in the next movie? I don't know about you, but I think she would be awesome as Ava!

My h!t list: Ogawa . Nakazawa . Kusumi . Yasuda . Mika

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tarachine - Mellow Gold