JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Brilliant Green - Yeah I Want You Baby

Author Topic: [Event] JPH!P X AKB48 @ Paris Japan Expo 2009  (Read 60484 times)

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
Re: JPH!P X AKB48 @ Paris Japan Expo 2009 ---> RECAP on P4!
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2009, 11:52:04 PM »
^yep first concert :D

Is there any footage of the beginning of Namida Surprise from the first concert??
Was it just me or was no1 in Takamina's position for that grab the arm bit???

I'm gonna guess it was lovetan who had that part originally and they hadn't finished sorting out the replacement.

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2009, 04:47:08 AM »
I'm envious that you guys got to take video and pictures of your concert. Nice to know that AKS is aware that some camera footage ain't going to wreck sales. You hear that, UFA? :lol:

Great stuff though. It looks like it was a fun event. Glad you guys enjoyed!

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2009, 11:17:43 AM »
^After reading your experiences in LA,  I have to give big props to the staff at the Paris Expo. This was the 10th time they organized this event and the queuing and entering the expo was very well thought out. Getting into the signature session was a bit more tricky, but overall I thought it was a well organized event. Even the restrooms and stuff were big and decent.
I asked some questions to the staff and even though most of them didn't speak English, they tried to answer as best as they could/ They would even go find someone who could speak English. Excellent!

In retrospect I'm glad we got to see these members, instead of a full Team A. It would've been cool to see the more famous girls, but these girls really came through. They sung and danced their hearts out and they were great fun to be around. I'm glad the European fans gave them a lot of attention and a lot of love. I think the girls were amazed by the number and intensity of the European fans.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 11:44:56 AM by BarrieV »

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2009, 04:32:21 PM »
^Oh yh the expo was amazingly organised really.  Largest of this type in Europe so must be a real nightmare to organise.
Most akb fans didn't attend on thursday which was the only day when the queuing was off.  Basically because thursday has such a small attendance they didn't have the queuing outside, just a giant on mass getting into the inside queue.

The staff at the expo were also so kind, on thursday I kinda collapsed/fell asleep(I was sitting down at the time cuz I knew it was gonna happen) and a guy from the parapara place walked me around to find the medical people(who weren't at their station) and even took me to the information point where the information people were so kind and got me a chair to sit on and water to drink whilst I waited.  They were so worried at first(cuz I said I was on my own) until I said my age(18) as I really look so young xD

I really do wish I'd known before that we'd be able to talk to the girls, I would have worked out things to say beforehand >__<

set made by me

Offline s4tsuk1

• Ocelot Juicer
« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2009, 07:36:32 PM »
I'm envious that you guys got to take video and pictures of your concert. Nice to know that AKS is aware that some camera footage ain't going to wreck sales. You hear that, UFA? :lol:

Great stuff though. It looks like it was a fun event. Glad you guys enjoyed!

Haha, we really weren't supposed to take pictures or videos, but the concert area was so packed that there was no way to get up to the front where the cameras were!  I think that they may have just accepted defeat; I hope they don't take the vids down from youtube, though.

It really was a great event, and the staff were all exceptionally kind and understanding.  During the wait for Friday's AKB concert, they came out many times to let us know about the changing times, and they were all apologetic and nice about it all.  Given the size of it, it all went smoothly.  And after reading about AX, I'm glad that I went to Paris instead.  Not that I wouldn't have loved to see MoMusu, but I can see them in Japan, without angry American security arseholes.  :lol:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2009, 08:09:52 PM »
some camera footage

Look at the amount of cameras in this pic  :lol:

But yes, I'm really glad we managed to take tons of pictures and video footage to remember the event. I reeeeally hope they'll release an actual DVD. Two identical concert are perfect to obtain enough footage for a decent dvd.. plus there were several cameras.. and AKBingo has pimped the Paris event.. and the FC joined in as well.

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #106 on: July 12, 2009, 09:23:14 PM »
^ That'd be cool but let's hope they get someone to distribute AKB's DVD's outside of the theater first. XD Don't wanna pay some deputy service a billion dollars. X_X

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2009, 02:12:06 AM »
^
^Concerts weren't totally identical, the group songs had different outfits and i know a bit in the namida surprise dance was different between the two days.(well friday had takamina's arm grabbing bit missing, it became a solo line...i'm gonna assume lovetan was supposed to do it)
But yeah hopefully :D
It'd be cool if they released both days.

set made by me

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2009, 02:34:07 AM »
sounded like the autograph sessions were worse than AXs. Only 100 tickets given out? whoa!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 02:36:11 AM by Mugen »

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2009, 02:23:44 PM »
^100 on one day and 30 on the other day(though some sources say 40)
But you know what, it didn't matter hugely because you still talk to the girls(it was all open and we were able to be so close to the girls) and that was more important to me than having some writing on a piece of paper.(though I would still love to try and get their autographs)

Basically the main issue with the autographs(that does annoy me) is when they gave the tickets out both days.  I hadn't realised it wasn't as we were told on the website and that the tickets were given out on saturday during the concert and on sunday they gave them out earlier than planned because the fans hanging around the area where tickets were give out became a safety hazard.

set made by me

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2009, 11:08:28 AM »
^I actually counted :lol: I'd say it was 40 too. But yeah, it doesn't matter. At least we got to see them up close. The conference was probably my favorite bit (after the concerts, of course).

For those of you who haven't got their video fix yet, check out this guys play list. Professional editing, good quality and so far he's posted the first 6 songs!

---> http://www.youtube.com/user/FlatLineVideo#play/user/6ECA693705CB8088/0/iTqwlPKXsfo

I think some of these vids have been posted earlier, but it's nice to have them all at one link.

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2009, 11:42:53 AM »
^I check their vids every day hoping they'll have bingo/oogoe up as I'm hoping their audio will be good enough to work out the lyrics from :D

"How long can you wait? I don't wanna be too late" <3333
Sayaka's accent was amazing on that line.

set made by me

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2009, 12:05:57 PM »
My favorite part is "I'm asking you to be here, for me only"

*melts*  :heart: :wub: :lol:

Offline haro2lee

• Member+
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2009, 01:32:34 PM »
Hello,

I am not a regular here nowadays, but i just thought i will sharme short recap too.

First of all, i had to say that, I was used to be H!P fan before, but more than a year i paying attention to AKB48 more & more. It was around 2009 januar when i noticed i love AKB48 much-much better  than H!P, and since then, i was totally focusing to the AKB girls only.

So when i heard the news about some of the girz coming to France, it was not a question go or not go. Finally i could made it (with some of my friends as well).

This event was really a life-time experience !!! Those who love AKB48 and coudn't make it to Japan Expo ....well...they could really sorry to miss it!  :shocked:

At the japan expo, i had a chance to see the girz at 5 TIMES !!! ( 2 x concert, 2 x singning session, 1 conference)
Even if go to Japan, no chance for see the AKB girz five times especially from a very close distance  (and for 30 EUR only) . Probably at their thether only.

At the first concert i could manage to get close to the stage (i was in the first 20-30 people who enetered the stage place), but in a case of second concert i was able to get in with first 10-15 fan.   :D   Of cource it's required many hours to wait - but heck, it was really worth it.  :twothumbs

I don't want  make another concert preview here, because BarrieV and otherz made good recaps, just enough to say it was AMAZING EPIC.

To see the girz to dancing and siging front of myself as close as a couple of meter - it is something like a dream come true.    :bow:  I was so close to the stage -right behind the 1st row of press/media people - but, right after the japanese FC wotas)

At the concert, i feel embarrased when Kasai come out siging duo with Rena (quite close the edge of stage in her amazing dress) and accidentaly i could "peeping" under her dress.  :grin:

During the concert  i had a feeling that i could make multiple "eye contact" with Noro, Rie, and otherz.

It was simple just Fantastic. Good songz with many girz who i like (Akimoto, Miichan, Kitarie, Rena and otherz)

Not to mention the autograph session, where those poeople who had no luck to enter and signing their stuff (fracking loeetery system  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: ) but even from outside the we could "communicate" with them. For Example: i was shouting "Meeeeeeguuuuuumiii" and Meetan was waving and smiling back to me (Saying: Yes, I am Megumi) Sasshi, Akimoto, Rina was who was shining at the signing session most, but other girz was nice too - all of them was making interacting with the cheering fans who standing outside.

Even the Conference event was OK, i could sit the first row (right after the battlestar Galactica conference - which was my other really expected event ), so i could see the girz reaaction from very close distance. However, I was very angry when stupid guyz asked stupid questions (why are signing some of the songs in english instead of japanese, and similar)  :angry:

The most f*cking question was someboday asking something Tomomi-chan birthday which was on the same day when the conference, I guess - but the question was pointed to Kitarie, who had birthday on 06.24 - so i was like: "why the hell are You asking Rie about Tomomi b-day?????  :banghead: :angry: "   ( I am a big Kitarie fan, sorry...... :cry: )

But was some good questions as well. There was nice older japanese guy sitting of my left (with his 1 or 2 children) and asking Sayaka about: Did You think about to build up a special unit Paris 48 for the present and coming europe perfs ...... or something like that (Sorry my japanese quite bad). Sayaka than explained, it would be nice move, but their producer will decide that.

For me, the 2  long day what i spent at Japan Expo, was one my best two day, reallyl a memorable event, and i personally think, in the close future there will be no chance to see any AKB48 girz to see in real live, from a such close distance, for a long duration ....at least to me ... but hopefully some You Guyz propably will have ! 

Some pix: (Sorry i made videos, instead of pictures)

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/8700/20090703161801.jpg

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7158/20090703161601.jpg

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/820/20090703161701.jpg

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1382/20090703161702.jpg

Thanx....for the 1000 Thanks

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2009, 01:59:55 PM »
ee~ another fan :D
The only thing I missed was the conference(my other reason for going was all the laforet things going on).

Whilst I was there I heard a rumour about the girls coming back to JE not next year but the year after(only a rumour I know) but it seems the trip was successful(and with bringing the japanese fans out for lots of money added on to everything, probably financially viable) so I wouldn't lose hope just yet.

So cool that you got so close, much closer than I got(but Rie still noticed me in the second concert :D)

set made by me

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2009, 10:49:25 AM »

Sorry i made videos, instead of pictures

Vids are better  :lol: please share them if I you can/want  :)

And thanks for your review! Glad to hear that everybody had an epic time at the expo. 30 euros for three days of expo is a steal, considering just a ticket for Puffy runs at about 37.50 euro.

Offline hideki8394

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2009, 11:46:45 AM »
I forgot to check out this thread...
Firstly, I think the Japan Expo this year was much better than last year's. Better organization, less waiting, more concerts, more conferences, lots of interesting stuff to see and to do. I really enjoyed the expo and I hope it will be the same next year. As some already said, the staff members were kind and eager to help. In addition many of the female staff members were really cute!

Now about the AKB48 conference, of course there were many interesting questions and some stupid as well... If anyone of you ever went to another conference as I did, they'll find out that there will always be people who ask "useless" questions!
I even remember one guy who asked a question about something which had been said just a few minutes before... :doh: Someone should have kicked his ass! He's wasting our time!

haro2lee complained about a guy asking why they sang some songs in English instead of Japanese. I don't understand why you got so angry, I think it's a good question. I can't remember which girl answered the question, but she said it was because they wanted their French fans to understand the lyrics. The guy (who asked the question) pointed out that their French fans prefer Japanese instead of English, and I agree with that. I'm not going to a Japanese concert to listen to some English songs! But I think they didn't just do it because of their fans, maybe the producer of AKB48 wants to see if the girls can be successful outside Japan, and of course English is the way to go. Take BoA for instance, she made an American debut over a year ago with English songs of course, and not Japanese. The point is: Japanese songs will appeal to people who like Japan and anime, English songs instead will appeal to a much wider audience. I don't think Boa would be successful in the United States with Japanese songs, nor would AKB48.

Lastly, a few words about the concert. I enjoyed the Puffy concert more than the AKB48 concert. It was not bad, it's just I'm not into AKB48's music.
Plus all the girls made an huge effort to introduce themselves in French, which was cute. I especially liked it when Kayo Noro introduced herself as Carla Bruni! That gave me a good laugh! She's a funny girl!

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2009, 03:51:53 PM »
bingo/oogoe

Other source but excellent vids!

Bingo:
AKB48 Live in "Japan Expo" in Paris (Bingo ! English Ver.) HD Part 9/12

Oogoe:
AKB48 Live in "Japan Expo" in Paris (Ogoe Diamond ! English Ver.) HD Part 10/12

Thanks hideki8394  for your comments! Some of the staff was very cute indeed!

As for singing in English and French, I think it's also because they hugely underestimated how popular they are here. I don't think they even know there's a massive European crowd which watches AKBingo and stuff.

Puffy was excellent as well, but I thought their MCs were really sloppy. "I wrote something down in French, but I don't feel like reading it" and "who is supposed to talk? You do the song introduction".. that kind off vibe. And they never looked at each other once  :lol: are they always like that? I'm not that familiar with their concerts.

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2009, 01:58:22 AM »
I did originally want to go to the puffy concert on saturday but after arriving late and the laforet finishing when it did everything just sort of went >_<

Lol you could tell quite a few people attended both days because we were all prepared to boo nontii on the second day xD(she had to tell us to boo on the first one :P)

If I don't go to japan next year there's a good chance I'll go to the expo as even if akb48 aren't there I'm sure there'll be some other guest and the laforet is bound to be there again

^THANKS FOR THE LINKS :O :D I can hear some phrases so clearly here :D :D

set made by me

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2009, 05:34:23 PM »

If I don't go to japan next year there's a good chance I'll go to the expo as even if akb48 aren't there I'm sure there'll be some other guest and the laforet is bound to be there again

I'm planning on going next year again as well. I feel like there was a bunch of stuff I missed. I haven't even seen the main stage!  :lol: Based on the website info, the guest from previous years were cool as well --> Scandal, Nana Kitade, Mana.. just to name a few.

If AKB48 in NY turn out to not be a rumor I might consider that as well  :w00t:

FYI, FlatLineVideo has uploaded the rest of the videos! Including the tear jerker; Les Petales du Sakura  :wub: He went totally overboard using cheesy effect on Himawari though..
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 05:48:01 PM by BarrieV »

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Brilliant Green - Yeah I Want You Baby