JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Faye Wong - Hurted Woman

Author Topic: [Poll] Are you a former Hello! Project-fan?  (Read 7250 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
[Poll] Are you a former Hello! Project-fan?
« on: August 31, 2010, 07:15:37 PM »
AKB48's success has arguably affected the popularity of H!P especially in Japan and a lot of former H!P-fans have jumped ship. It's time to find out whether the western fans have followed Japan's example and how many new fans were actually introduced to the idol world through AKB48 instead of H!P. Vote & Discuss!

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: [Poll] Are you a former Hello! Project-fan?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 07:21:21 PM »
Yes, I am.

I first got into Goto Maki, but lost track of her when the G-Emotion era started. The music went from happy to something I didn't dig.

Loved Morning Musume as well, I was really into them during Kanashimi Twillight era. After that the music didn't really do it for me anymore and after Koharu's graduation I lost interest. I still dig Koha's solo stuff a lot. Three main factors why I lost interest: music, lack of decent tv shows and member line-up.

I never really got into the 'kids' groups, like BK, Cute and S/mileage. The subgroups I loved; GAM, Viyuden en Miuna era Country Musume are long gone as well. I still sorta dig Icecream Musume, but I hardly hear anything about them anymore.

So yeah, there is nothing left for me anymore within H!P  :oops:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 07:31:18 PM by BarrieV »

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 07:28:09 PM »
DEFINITELY NO

i-m still 95% aibutt + h!p fan
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 08:12:37 PM by shurastriker »

Offline Anariel

• Meronpan Society
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 07:33:02 PM »
NO

When i listen about MM 4-6 years ago i can't imagine who can addict to group with so much girls it looks weird and all their song was shitty but akb/ske i like immediately.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 07:56:50 PM »
Yes.

I knew MM pretty early, and there have been a lot of songs from their groups that I like.
Like BarrieV, I liked them most during the Kanashimi Twillight era.

But I'm just a nerdy jpop fan.
In my schooldays, my Ayu CDs and my SPEED stack of CDs were like constantly contesting which was taller.
So anything that sounds good wins. Be it MOVE, be it KPOP, be it SF beat box guy. :lol:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 08:46:57 PM »
Yes

I got into H!P over five years ago, lost interest probably 3 years ago. Never really cared for any H!P act outside of MM too much. Became stale with the lineup changes, boring music that all began to sound the same, lack of (interesting) TV appearances. Didn't help that they seemed to be kept in bubblewrap (Gen 4+ especially).

Offline reina's eyes

• Banzai Penis
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 09:00:12 PM »
Reina, ai, and miyabi are still around and looking good. But they're the ones who are likely going to be turning the lights out.

Over the years hp has provided a lot of good stuff, but now it's mostly a story of what's been lost.

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 09:02:12 PM »
Actually, no.  I never was a Hello Project fan.  I discovered the AKBar48 through a Google search for either AKB48 or Itano Tomomi (can't remember which at the moment).

Offline nicander

• Member+
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 09:21:53 PM »
no

AKB48 is the first japanese idol group that i know

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super Fab Imouto II Turbo
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 09:27:41 PM »
I was a former H!P fan i guess. Lost interest when mikitty left.

But it had very little to do with my liking for AKB now.

there was a time in my life when i was "Idol-less", like a lost puppy.

シャイニーくももかがやくよKY PP FCpixiv@hibachifinal

Offline atskv9

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 12:05:02 AM »
I thought not having been a previous H!P fan and being a member of jphip was pretty rare but it seems at least 6 of them (at the time of writing this) have congregated here :P

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 03:45:23 AM »
Yes.

I got into H!P in mid/early 2006, then lost a little bit of interest once Yossie graduated from Morning Musume, then gave up on H!P completely once Elder Club graduated. I still followed C-ute, but then I got sick of them, too, so now I don't care for any of the H!P groups anymore.

I remember when I first heard about AKB. I was thinking I'd never be one of the people that would leave H!P for AKB. :lol:

Offline rtpaus3178

• Member+
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 10:36:53 AM »
I definitely was a former H!P fan.

I got into H!P in 2008 (SO LATE!!! ><), and it kinda started out for me getting into J-Pop. I followed Morning Musume, C-ute and Berryz Koubou for a while. Of course the members I liked were Reina, Maimi, Miyabi and a few more. I watched a few TV shows like Haromoni, and I found out it would be H!P's last TV schedule due to extremely poor ratings. And also H!P had to say goodbye to the Elder Graduates like Yuko Nakazawa (H!P's granny) and Natsumi Abe (original face of MM).

..since then I started to lose interest in H!P, and it wasn't until when I discovered AKB48 in August last year, got hooked and jumped ship.
Sometimes I still keep up to date what's been happening in H!P (eg. Lin, Jun and Kamei's grad announcement). Now there is nothing left, just weekly radio shows

Offline aznnerd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 12:04:22 AM »
Nopers. Funny thing is, after I got into AKB did I start listening to H!P groups like Cute and the rest.
Guess you can say AKB was my gatewall drug to idols since all I had ever listened to in JMusic was BoA, Yuna Ito, Utada, etc.

Offline Malachite

• 鏡の中のキモヲタ
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 04:36:19 AM »
Accidentally voted "no" but maybe it's true that I can't call myself a former H!P fan, at least in comparison to how crazy I am about AKB48. I do own some H!P merchandise but would say I was more of a general Japanese music fan back then. I liked the TV shows and could never really stand the music, with the exception of a few singles that I bought.

I had my favourites in H!P and all that stuff too but I pretty much had no desire to ever empty my wallet into the hands of UFA. My walls were never covered with H!P girls. With AKB48 on the other hand, I avoid counting how much I've spent because it would only make me feel bad. I was a casual H!P and general j-pop fan back in high school but these days I'm obsessed with AKB48 in an almost unhealthy way is what I'm saying, I suppose. The pile of photobooks next to me and the lifesize Acchan on my bedroom wall is a testament to this.

Offline Sayange

• Akimoto Sayaka Chronic Fangirl
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 06:18:52 AM »
I was, yes. I barely remember those times, though....  :roll:

Saeyaka.com: Killing your bandwidth with hotness since 2007
Follow SaeYaka blog at Twitter @saeyaka48

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 08:12:08 AM »
I'm still kind of an H!P fan in the sense that I do pay attention to their releases and whatnot, but I don't actually buy anything any more from them. I still have to sell a whole bunch of merchandise I don't want, actually.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 05:38:12 PM »
^Same for me, sort of. I mean, I never ever thought I would become uninterested in some of my h!p merchandise, I was so happy when I finally managed to get some. Aw well, times change. 

Offline johanx841

• Member+
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 10:12:04 AM »
I sure was a huge fan of Morning Masume before and still am but losing interest in their ever changing members !!

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2010, 06:39:51 PM »
Pretty much, so I voted yes.

My interest in H!P started to almost freefall after AX2009, and the upcoming graduation of Eri, JunJun and LinLin almost made it "official". I'm not a hater now or anything, but I think my days of following them are pretty much done. If the groups release a great song I'll enjoy it, though. No problem with them, it's just not where my focus is anymore.

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Faye Wong - Hurted Woman