JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - (Miss)Understood

Author Topic: [04/17] Morning Musume 53rd single [Brainstorming / Kimisae Ireba Nanimo Iranai]  (Read 33587 times)

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: [04/17] Morning Musume 53rd single [Brainstorming]
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 04:14:58 AM »
^Speaking of gags, I kept thinking that some of them were going to do the "Aii~n" move with that M formation wave thing. I bet some would too, in the concerts. XD Riho in particular almost would have to, as people who listen to Riho-Deli would know. :lol: Her fans are making her insert a gag move into one of her performances during the upcoming spring tour, and since the choreography so nicely provided an opening, she better take it or have to improvise something worse. :lol:

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 05:11:30 AM »
Apparently there's been a lot of talk that this might not be the actual A-side to this single, that this video was released early just to test the waters a bit. Tsunku's tweets did say 未発表 (mihappyou) meaning "not yet announced"...I wonder what exactly he has planned...

I kinda do hope this does become the A-side with all the non-lead girls getting a bit more promotion here, but I guess we'll see what happens in the coming weeks.

WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB EEEYOOOORRRRRR WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

:lol:

I accept, but I'm also ready for a new single with less WUB WUB WUB :P
Hey, at least it's the RIGHT kind of WUB WUB.

I'd pay to hear this on my country's radio stations instead of all the dubstep shit that gets to be promoted.

And I'd pay to see all this silly anti-dubstep bandwagoning go away instead. :P It's a decent genre and I like that Momusu's been adopting elements from it in their recent singles...though I'd prefer a hip-hop/R&B influence more, of course.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Sammi33

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 07:05:11 AM »
I love the song. I love the dance. I love the whole thing.

BUT

I second the comments on not being able to tell who is who...and IMO it is not just the video quality.....as the OG said in that big special they did last year or so, in the old Momusu, everyone had a very distinctive look so you could tell who is who even from a distance, they dyed their hair, had a certain style (Kago's buns, Tsuji's pigtails, Mari's blonde, Rika's bob, Nacchi's rounded bob, Kaori's superlong hair, Risa's long pigtails and no bangs, etc, etc) Every time they have a new single I say this somewhere, some of them need to dye their hair, or have some kind of only-theirs hairstyle. Haruna did good with the buns, and she likes ribbons, Ayumi dyed her hair a slightly brownish black, Zukki usually rocks the flamboyant side ponytail, Haruka has a hat and her boyish haircut, Eripon looks good in pigtails, Masaki is doing the no-bangs a lot, but Fukumura and Sayu still look like twins from a distance, and they don't really stick to these hairstyles I mentioned anyway...and yes, someone needs to dye their hair, not just a brownish-black but a brown, a red, a blond.....I think the "colors" are just a copout for this. If they want to really have a second coming, and make themselves known, that means making it easy for people to know the members by face/hair/look rather than just the color of their costumes (which as we see doesn't translate over to PVs post 123)

Offline almond

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • オ~マイガ~!たかみな大好き!
    • alm0nd
    • ganbanuttah
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 03:33:00 PM »
I like the song and I love me some Sakura, but when I was watching it, I honestly had a "...how long is this thing?" moment. But it was only 2 minutes in. I think it may be a bit too repetitive or something.

Offline elgie

• Yossi's worth a good jerk
  • Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 05:23:32 PM »

And I'd pay to see all this silly anti-dubstep bandwagoning go away instead. :P It's a decent genre and I like that Momusu's been adopting elements from it in their recent singles...though I'd prefer a hip-hop/R&B influence more, of course.

R&B bores me. :P But I wouldn't mind some baroque influence. Of course that would suppose to bring Tanpopo back... which shouldn't be a bad thing in itself. Masaki would fit beautifully.

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 11:38:20 PM »
my sister said the costumes were weird. Like they had buttwings.

But this is JPH!P and any butt-swag is welcome.

:shakeit: :shakeit: :shakeit:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2013, 05:13:11 AM »
A few interesting things~

http://www.youtube.com/trendsdashboard#loc0=jpn&age0=13-17&feed=views&mode=compare&gen0=female&loc1=jpn&loc2=jpn&age1=13-17&age2=--&gen2=female
Brainstorming is TRENDING on youtube in Japan...AMONG FEMALES. I put the search to ages 13-17, and it's at #1. For all ages, #3. Dayuuuuum. More female interest = always a good thing! Plus among young people. Oh, second column, 13-17 both male and female...at #2. Is that kickass or what? XD

Also Tsunku has posted something about the song on his blog.
http://ameblo.jp/tsunku-blog/entry-11481652947.html

Translation:
With regards to Brainstorming, which was released at the end of February on Youtube.

This surely will be a song that will pump everyone up at a concert! For the dance, we deliberately selected and brushed up certain moves from previous choreographies so as to connect the present audience to the dynamic synergy of the group!
Yoshiko-sensei is the choreographer for this time. I have wrung a lot of insight from Yoshiko-sensei in the process, working together to put the finishing touches to the dance this time. The theme this time is "Even though it's different from the old Morning Musume, we want to ride the recent high and and leave an impression". This is a pretty difficult theme, but Yoshiko-sensei was able to demonstrate her skills for us this time too!

The title for the song is "Brainstorming", which stands for how the current Japan, in order to move ahead in this changing world, have to amass creative minds from all over and exchange ideas and insights, so as to escape from the disorder we find ourselves in. This title represents my hopes. At first I wondered if just approximating the title as "Buresto" would be enough, but I finally decided on "Brainstorming" in the end.

==============================

You know. I love Tsunku. He's sometimes a troll, but he's a fucking awesome one. When he's not trolling, like now, damn, I would turn straight for him. :lol: This reminds me, oddly enough, of Love Machine. Musically and stylistically it's totally different, but thematically I would say they are incredibly similar. Love Machine represented Japan at the beginning of year 2000, when their economy was starting to pick up slowly again, and it represented Tsunku's hopes for how Japan would pick itself up and revitalize itself. No doubt it played a part in connecting with the mood of the nation then, and that is what made Morning Musume the "national idols" of Japan. Tsunku is a genius at lyrics and themes like this. I like how the lyrics for Brainstorming speak on at least 3 levels here for me. On the first, most superficial level, basically we take it at face value and see a song that tells people to buck up and move forward instead of dwelling in dreams. On the second level, targeted at fans and wota like us, this song is about Morning Musume NOW, how they have to build on their current momentum, not rest on their laurels, and it has Tsunku totally thumbing his nose at his critics about Momusu's current upward swing. On the third level, based on his blog entry, is about Tsunku's vision, which links back to the first level of analysis...it's not just about a person specifically, but the whole of Japan. That it's no good dwelling on past successes, that in order to move on we need to "brainstorm" for new ideas in order to lift Japan out of its slump. But also that it's no good to be all depressed about it. It's a song about hope, but cautious hope. That it's not going to be easy, but that we have to try and not give up or lose our nerve. It's Tsunku expressing his nationalistic pride and vision for Japan...and we know Tsunku is totally a nationalist (see: How Do You Like This Japan!). This is why Morning Musume, produced by Tsunku, are the national idols of Japan. ;_; No Tsunku, no Momusu!

Damn, I feel weirdly touched by this whole thing... :lol:

EDIT: On the part about the choreography, ha, so they really did borrow old moves. :lol: Also, Yoshiko-sensei BANZAI! RihoRiho loves Yoshiko-sensei. :lol: Just a random note.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 05:24:40 AM by Estrea »

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2013, 06:13:03 AM »
On the first, most superficial level, basically we take it at face value and see a song that tells people to buck up and move forward instead of dwelling in ドリームもむす。

I'm amazed at how well things can connect when we put them in words ^_^ The first level you stated can very closely describe the second.

I like how you've put a parallelism between Love Machine and this song. I think this doesn't only reflect similarities between Morning Musume and Japan's economic momentum at the time and the need for new ideas now but also what happened in between these two points in time. The attachment to whatever-worked-at-one-time ways of doing things got the better of the people in charge and created an environment of stagnation and decline. The rise of the South Koreans in entertainment and economy.

I think that Morning Musume are national idols of Japan not only because of Tsunku's nationalism and reflection of the mood of the Japanese but also because of the similarity of the flow (or cycle) of its existence with Japan. The long history, fluctuating membership, the rise and decline in popularity, the formulaic songs and dances, the changing mainstream audience, the constant wotas and the need to constantly adapt to the now shows a kind of microcosm of Japan.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2013, 06:31:37 AM »
^I like how we're putting an analytical angle to Morning Musume. :lol: Idols are srsbzns!

Momusu really is Tsunku's brainchild, and changing as it does, it reflects Japan as a whole. If you look at it that way, Platinum Era/Emo Musume was completely self-directed and inward-looking, which is not unlike what Japan has been doing for the last decade or so. Licking its own wounds, so to speak? Unfortunately, feeling sorry for yourself isn't very productive, methinks. XD

I think it's telling that with a whole new renewal for Momusu, by refreshing it with the addition of the 9th, 10th and 11th generation members, it has given Tsunku himself a boost, that spurt of creative energy that goes with the youthful members. With different members he has to tailor his songwriting to fit their individual quirks as well as expounding on his own image for the group, and the difference is showing in this recent streak of releases. Electro-Musume isn't entirely new, but taken to this level, it kind of is. :lol: The last couple of singles, the girls themselves have been saying how all the quirky little parts of the singles basically stem from Tsunku's 遊び心, which is his "playfulness", so to speak. It's amazing to think that he's a 40-something Japanese man and writes lyrics suited for teenage (and older) girls. It's like he never really grew up (and somehow understands the female heart? how is this possible???).

But yes, Tsunku is awesome and I like how on Twitter, they're like "the average lifespan of a Japanese man is around 70+, that's about 30+ more years for Tsunku-san. Tsunku-san! Please continue producing for Momusu until the day you die! We're waiting for single release #100!" :lol:

Though, if it took them 15 years to churn out 50 singles, we'll reach #100 in around another 15 years or so? :lol: By then, what generation will we hit? 20? XDDDD Should be fun to see the current generation appear as OG on TV shows then....lmfao...

EDIT: Additional thought (and yay thinking ahead!). With #53 releasing on April 17th, I anticipate #54 coming out in June/July in time for their fall tour (with a special preview during the H!P Summer tour!), and we can probably look forward to a winter release for #55. :lol: Pattern recognition, yo! I have been a wota for too damn long...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 06:46:35 AM by Estrea »

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2013, 06:56:35 AM »
Morning Musume are all I'm doing right now (being unemployed and all haha)

I think with the estimated average of 3 singles a year (we have years of 4 singles and 2 singles  so yeah) they can make it in 17+/- years. Hell, if we squeeze out all of Tsunku's years we can probably make it it single #150!

The only difference between Morning Musume and Japan is that Morning Musume is full of young people haha.

I think many Japanese people do realize that the future is in young people, their vitality and the new ideas and skills they bring.

I also think MM can be Tsunku's safe megaphone to the rest of Japan. GIRL POWER BITCHIZ!!!!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 07:08:33 AM »
Someone actually crunched the numbers and say that we average at 3.42 singles a year (I know, lol!), and if Tsunku lives to the normal average lifespan of Japanese (79?) and continues producing up to then, we'll likely hit #136 or so. :lol: Math, what can I say. XD

As leader Michishige declared: Morning Musume will continue as long as Tsunku continues producing for it! Now here's to hoping he lives an extremely long life. :lol:

Morning Musume are all I'm doing right now (being unemployed and all haha)

So am I! But job interview next week! XD No more being down and out! *paraphrasing lyrics* :lol: Plus, I need money to buy the single. XD I bought a copy for Help Me too, so time to keep supporting! Plus I want a poster to decorate my very bare walls. :3

Though if it does continue for 30+ more years I'll be 50ish then. o_o My shock. I'll be OLD!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 07:15:50 AM by Estrea »

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2013, 07:22:06 AM »
So am I! But job interview next week!

Good luck!

Though if it does continue for 30+ more years I'll be 50ish then. o_o My shock. I'll be OLD!
Me too! But it would be great to see just what Tsunku can whip up at that age.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2013, 07:34:11 AM »
Tsunku will be the coolest 70 year old man even then. I just had this strangest vision of him carrying a walking stick (a pimp cane? Lmao) and tottering onto stage to announce the 25th generation auditions while his voice sings MM's latest single then (#134? XD), and a whole group of girls young enough to be his grandchildren being in shock as he appears. :lol: please let this happen some day! :lol:

Back on topic to the 53rd single though, does anyone think they'll be releasing a second A-side in addition to Brainstorming? Tsunku's blog post still refuses to confirm it as the 53rd single, so I'm guessing that there's still additional material in the works. They're really pushing a tough schedule and cramming lots of activity for the girls, so I'm a little concerned about their condition at the moment, but more work is good in a sense?

Also, we barely have any information on the tracklistings even though it's little more than a month to release. They're really gonna be pushing it close I think. Let's hope the single will be well received and they won't run into the same supply issues they had with Help Me!

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 07:52:06 AM »
I thought the video was released to soon and I'm worried that the hype would die out by the time they actually release the single. Also the excitement over this new song might eclipse promotion for the single that's actually out, Help Me!!

I was thinking the other day that this song might not be the actual single and Tsunku is just trolling and rolling the last few singles together like summarizing what MM is all about now. Like this will more likely be a concert opener or a medley-connector.

If this song is an A-side I won't mind if there isn't another A-side because they'll probably have like 4/5 different B-sides but then I'll be like why not just take one of those and put it out as an A side GADDAMMIT!

Some people are calling for a Reina-centric A-side. I didn't really complain about all the other Reina-centric singles so I wouldn't mind that either. I saw some line counts on other forums (but didn't pay so much attention to them) but this song seems as Center-centric (lol rendundundunduuuuuuuunce) as any song I think.

also of note: I also don't get why people think it's not BURESUTO anymore. It's the same Japanese shortening style: taking the first syllables of many words and putting them together. BU RE n SU TO mi n gu
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 07:59:30 AM by tru_harmony »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2013, 05:34:33 PM »
via TKMR twitter:
UFA staff says Reina's graduation single PV will air for the first time tomorrow morning on Mezamashi TV
https://twitter.com/kikukawapro/status/311463262711590912

Brainstorming live@7:28

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2013, 08:38:26 PM »
^seems likely that the actual grad PV isn't Brainstorming after all. Double A-side then, yes? And of course they reuse the outfits. Somehow this does not bother me because I love the outfits in Brainstorming. :lol: Perception is everything!

Oh and about the live performance of Brainstorming I have so many feels I cannot express them orz. One thing I can and must say...Riho...when did you mature and learn how to look like that? And isn't that hairstyle eerily similar to Airi's in the same event? XD

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2013, 10:04:36 PM »

And thereeeee we go!

Title: Kimi ga Sae Ireba Nani mo Iranai

Translation: I need no one else as long as you are here. XD

*looks at the preview* what the hell are they wearing? Marshmallows? Puffy somethings? My brain ain't working. Sleep deprived. Orz

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline XcuteX26262X

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2013, 10:55:26 PM »
Not sure if i like the song or not. I guess i'll have to wait for the full radio preview to make my final judgement.

Also, I'm no fashion expert, but those outfits are hideous.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2013, 11:13:28 PM »
NOOO! I love the yellow outfits!!!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2013, 02:03:02 AM »
この後10時より、モーニング娘。の新曲「君さえ居れば何も要らない」のダンスVerのMVをアップします!

From Tsunku's twitter. Dance version of Kimi Sae Ireba Nani mo Iranai being released at 10am JST.

Here it is!

Did they just parody Harlem Shake at the start? Tsunku-san? I know you're having fun. That much is really obvious. Wow I can't process this. Lack of sleep, being on my phone...I'll update again with my full thoughts after I get some rest...just..wtf? Cannot...comprehend...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 02:13:23 AM by Estrea »

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - (Miss)Understood