JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Doping Panda - Tell Me My Speaker Box

Author Topic: [Discuss] Who should go solo / form a sub-group?  (Read 3389 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
[Discuss] Who should go solo / form a sub-group?
« on: September 06, 2009, 08:11:57 PM »
AKB48 doesn't have any solo artists currently but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the more popular girls went solo in the future. So, who has potential to become a great solo artist? Furthermore, which members would you like to see form a sub-group? Discuss!

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: [Discuss] Who should go solo / form a sub-group?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 06:42:38 PM »
I don't see many of them being successful as a solo vocalist. Either they lack the vocal skills, or they lack the entertaining skills.

Based on vocal skills I think Sayaka and Yukirin have the best chance of being successful. Out of these two, I think Sayaka knows how to present herself better. The question I always ask myself is; would I listen to this voice for 45 minutes straight. For example, I appreciate Takamina's vocal skills, but not for extended periods of time.

However, I do see successful careers for them in other areas, such as modeling or acting. Just a couple of examples:

Models:
Itano Tomomi
Shinoda Mariko
Kojima Haruna

Actress:
Oshima Yuko
Maeda Atsuko

Entertainment figures:
Kasai Tomomi

For a subgroup I'd like to see a Sasshi/Kitarie pairing with maybe some Kasai and Yukirin.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 01:31:19 PM by BarrieV »

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 07:08:00 PM »
I can see Fujie Reina cranking out tons of merchandise and IVs. Which is what she's sorta doing now.

Yuko has the highest chance of surviving outside of AKB as a talent of some sort. She knows how to play the game, and she plays it well. Takamina is promising too, she's been on a lot of TV shows, and it's been shown that she can speak for the camera well. And she has that 'cries anytime anywhere' factor going for her, too. Lol.

As for soloists, I think Yuka would be able to make it as a solo singer, although I'm not sure in what capacity. I think it's mostly because of I haven't seen much of her personality-wise, at all.

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 07:24:46 PM »
Revival!!!

Anyways, we now know that at least one person has some sort of solo music activity (Yuka's single); I'm pretty convinced that Yuka would probably be able to hold her own vocally. Sayaka, Takamina and Yukirin would probably able to as well. From the entertainment aspect of being a solo artist, I agree with Barrie; Sayaka definitely knows how to present herself. As for the other two that Barrie didn't mention: Takamina has shown she can hold a conversation during various appearances promoting AKB and No3bs singles and if that's not enough, her stories would probably help. :lol: As for Yuka, she seems like she would be funny, but yaa..not enough exposure to make a good call.

Moving on to sub-groups; I really liked the harmony in Tsundere, so I think Kitarie/Tomochin/Amina would probably make a good subgroup. Another combination I'd like to see would be Sasshi/Kitarie/Akicha; in my mind, I think that'd work well.

Offline Sayange

• Akimoto Sayaka Chronic Fangirl
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 02:17:12 AM »
Lately, since old Team A has No Sleeves and Team B has Wash... I'd like old team K to have its own unit.  Since sayak and Sae have the Chocolove experience I think a Sayaka, Sae and Yuko unit would be great. They can explode their sexy side and they'd be very successful, I know.

Sayaka could have a solo career coz she's got the talent, but she's not popular enough.  :smhid

Saeyaka.com: Killing your bandwidth with hotness since 2007
Follow SaeYaka blog at Twitter @saeyaka48

Offline Bloo48

• Member+
  • Maybe is my excuse ... Acchan <3
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 08:53:02 AM »
Of course Acchan an actress!
Yuko also is a good proposal.
I want a unit of OTHA PRO
They have gold in the agency and do a unit?
* Cougar with Takacchancoug * :heart:
Minami has also be solo pants
Sayaka Seri good vocally, Yuka, Takami

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 10:40:23 PM »
Kumi (lead)
Fujie
Wasamin

Wonky eyes unit  XD

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super Fab Imouto II Turbo
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 01:11:21 AM »
Tomochin , Haruu, Anna
TEAM FOREHEAD

シャイニーくももかがやくよKY PP FCpixiv@hibachifinal

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Doping Panda - Tell Me My Speaker Box