JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hitomi - Understanding

Author Topic: [Discuss] The girls in 2010: who did good?  (Read 4232 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
[Discuss] The girls in 2010: who did good?
« on: December 09, 2010, 12:56:59 PM »
AKB48 as a whole did better than ever in 2010, but what about the girls individually?

Who stepped up, who made a name for herself, who made advancements in their career?

Don't just list names, but explain why  :)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: [Discuss] The girls in 2010: who did good?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 01:08:59 PM »
Some first thoughts:

Sashihara Rino: has been everywhere lately. On every show, even non akb related shows. She talks a lot and she defined her own character. She definitely moved up from the underdogs to a 'main' position.

Itano Tomomi: is already a top level member, but it hard to stay on the top. Tomochin did great this year. Plenty of releases, appearances in mags and shows and a solo single coming. You can see on this board that Tomo has a lot of fans and is still gaining fans every day.

Oshima Yuko: once again convinced the world of her acting abilities. She got #1 in the senbatsu election and completely delivered on the front girl part. She is much more than an idol. Very all round, very likable.

Yokoyama Yui: made it into Team K by doing her best as a kenkyuusei. I hope she gets a chance to shine in 2011.

Kashiwagi Yuki: is maintaining her position. I feel she really stepped up a level in her live performances. In addition, French Kiss is doing good and I think Yuki is a big part of that success.

Matsui Rena: really put herself on the map. First of all, her epic performance on Majisuka showed of her acting skills. She can completely go out of character. She also landed a few other acting gigs in which she also delivered a great performance. Furthermore, her solo song got #1 in the Request Hour concert, which shows the fans love her and that's she's capable of shining on stage.

My picks for 2011:
Iwasa Misaki: is slowly getting there. Good agency, WH connection, DVD coming out soon.
Maeda Ami: is gaining fans steadily. All she needs is an epic unit song or something like that. Her amizing smile will conquer the world.
Ishida Haruka: is also gaining fans steadily. Funny, energetic. She'll go far.

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super Fab Imouto II Turbo
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 04:49:09 PM »
SASHIHARA RINO - same reasons has barr, she really stepped up.

ONO ERENA - from a silly girl to a definite 'woman'. will be missed. (from what i can tell, more of personal growth i guess, not necessarily a step forward in her career though)

ICHIKAWA MIORI - fresh lemon, everyone is doing it, everyone wants to be fresh lemons!

MAEDA ATSUKO - you cannot deny, she has done really well on a bigger scale, from her stint in majisuka, to Q10, and her never waving popularity (steadily increasing public awareness of ACCHAN), and face it, she still IS, the face of AKB.

KASHIWAGI YUKI - French Kiss was a bit underwhelming, but she has stepped up as far as Team B and Theater goes. And a very consistent run in the gravure , putting her in the ranks of tomochin and acchan in that department.

シャイニーくももかがやくよKY PP FCpixiv@hibachifinal

Offline naruse

• 利きメロンパン
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 09:52:29 PM »
Komori Mika- got pushed like crazy, made into senbatsu and now (permanently?) in Watarirouka for 7th single
Sashi Rino - popularity is increasing, had tons of reaction from the 100 update blog day
Maeda Atsuko - Q10 certainly helped a LOT (kiss scene didn't)
Oshima Yuko - Felt like she was really the center for a lot of this year

Offline klassens

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 10:48:26 PM »
For 2010:

Oshima Yuko————--winning the sousenkyo tells all
Itano tomomi————-oustanding popularity among non-wota group
Kashiwagi Yuki————Solid individual performance, with leading the French Kiss unit
Takajo Aki—————-—Great leap, almost made it to the media group, very likely to achieve that next year
Sashihara Rino————gosh she's everywhere……
Nakagawa Haruka——big leap to made senbatsu debut

For 2011

Matsui Jurina—————IMO a certainty for top 5
Sashihara Rino————strong candidate for media selection
Komori Mika————----crazy promotion, don't be surpirse to see her in the 16
Sato Sumire———----—IMO more promising than Ishida among Horipro girls
Kikuchi Ayaka————--steadily growing popularity, might challenge the senbatsu 

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 06:20:27 AM »
AKB focused a lot on spreading to a bigger audience this year. The singles' styles really show that. And I think they all did great.
So I'll focus on how some of them helped expand the fanbase.

Tomochin - Unlike Acchan's form of popularity, Tomochin is making a trend. And gaining interest from a lot of people that didn't know about akb.

Sasshi - all the stuff you guys posted above. It's like having our own wota spy in the group, and we love it. :lol:

Every girl doing overseas events - because spreading AKB love = WIN :twothumbs

Offline riama

• Oshima Yuko..
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 12:13:55 PM »
I'm a fan of Akb48 since  September just this year so I don't really know what they're doing before that month :nervous
 but I guess Sashihara did really good this year.

utube      |     tumblr

Offline Sayange

• Akimoto Sayaka Chronic Fangirl
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 10:19:42 PM »
All I can say i Sayaka appeared in a lot of TV shows this year and she became a regular in Waratte Iitomo, which is good. So despite the issues she had, this a was great year for her in terms of her solo work on TV.

Saeyaka.com: Killing your bandwidth with hotness since 2007
Follow SaeYaka blog at Twitter @saeyaka48

Offline ET333

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 02:43:01 AM »
I am pretty much in agreement with BarrieV. Sashihara is getting an incredible push, no wonder she will eventually replace Acchan as Team A's (and AKB48's) ace. I think she is the one who did best. Matsui Rena had a pretty good year too, Majisuka Gakuen shoot her up over 10 positions in the senbatsu, and she has appeared in several dorama episodes, plus Kareha no Station reaching #1 in the SKE48 set list. She has a great future ahead, even though she is older than most idols. Yuko had a great year too, #1 at the senbatsu, with Heavy Rotation sales (best-selling single until Beginner), dorama participation, etc.

Shiichan got it rough at first, but joining Team A, then the Shuukan AKB and Nemousu episodes about her pushed her popularity upwards. She was said to be the Amina of the 13th senbatsu, but she didn't explode. However, looks like administration didn't forget her.

For 2011, one must look at the youngest: Aamin, Suuchan, Wasamin and Komorin. I think they all will get great pushes as AKB48 starts to replace old blood with younger ones (I expect several graduations next year).

Offline cromartiedropout

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 02:49:31 AM »
First girl that comes to mind is Matsui Rena, for her role in Majisuka.  I think she surprised a lot of people and gained a ton of fans after playing Gekikara.  Sasshi also did well this year, she's been promoted a lot and now she's everywhere.  She has the potential to become a top girl I think.  And of course, Oshima Yuko had a great year, what with dethroning Acchan as AKB's number one :P

Predictions for 2011: Sato Sumire and Komori Mika.  Mika hada pretty memorable role on Majisuka as Mukuchi and she's being promoted more and more, so I think next year she's gonna boom.  Suuchan clearly has the potential to take off as well, and I think that her front position in Chance no Junban will really get people to notice her.

Offline clockface

• Member+
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 04:26:24 PM »
Didn't catch this interesting tread first time round cause of that little thing in Singapore. Here's who stuck out for me this amazing year.

Every member that got a regular TV spot - Takamina, Sayaka, Mariko, Harunyan just proved how popular they are (or charismatic in Sayaka's case) among wota and the general public.

Acchan and Yuko - the top 2 really broke into the stratosphere this year, battling it out in dramas and votes.

Harugon - seeing lots of her in the final quarter of the year. Undergirls center, movie role, senbatsu member and good position in janken battle.

Ucchi - lucky for sure but being in center position of the nations hottest idol group is one hell of an image booster.

Sae - probably the member with the most equal amount of male and female fans. also seems to be picked when TV guests are asked about their oshimen.

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hitomi - Understanding