JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rurika Yokoyama - TABI NO TOCHUU

Author Topic: Shoryuken!:. Official Street Fighter Thread!  (Read 123558 times)

Offline Tanier

• ecchi
  • Member+
Shoryuken!:. Official Street Fighter Thread!
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2006, 01:20:29 AM »
No... But It is the prequal to UDon's Street fighter in a since... but if i hear the story of Street fighter 2 again I'll scream "Meowchi!!!!!!" so i just picked up snk vs capcom graphic novel instead... I'll just wait it out for a newer release.. or pick up a summer special or something.
I'm backkkkkkkk

Offline tivx

• Beauty To My Ai's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2006, 01:31:04 AM »
i heard the snk vs capcom was really sweet but had some weird parts and akuma used the Shun Goku Satsu on someone :D

R.I.P. Kyle, already missing you man.........

Offline Tanier

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2006, 03:23:13 AM »
i only read like half of the first book. it starts off in the middle of a kyo fight and it has some translations errors that are ROFL It makes the characters sound like transexuals sometimes. LOL. but there's some good story in it involving bison. i can't say how good are bad it is though cause i havne't finished the first book though. i'lll read some more this weekend.
I'm backkkkkkkk

Offline DoubleHead Morbid

• Tragedy During Maintenance
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2006, 04:33:34 AM »
I'm more of a Guilty Gear guy, but Street Fighter Alpha Anthology has brought me back into the fold.

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2006, 04:39:49 AM »
I used to play GG. I entered in a few tournies, but I quit back in June. I don't have enough motivation to playe the game everyday, and learn every little thing about my character. Also, my style was aggressive enough, I hate the constant "knockdown -> oki -> block string -> guessing game, repeat" stuff. The only person I know who plays lives over an hour away from me, so I haven't even touched the game since the last tourney I played in.

Offline tivx

• Beauty To My Ai's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2006, 02:11:45 AM »
Quote from: .:meowchi:.
hey, is there any more udon stuff after 14?

nah i don't think there's anymore after 14. tried looking to see if he's going to make anymore but all i kept getting him visiting San Diego and other places in the states. guess it was a good ending since that was like a chapter of the street fighter story, i guess like all the way up to before street fighter alpha.

R.I.P. Kyle, already missing you man.........

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2006, 04:03:52 AM »
Super Street Fighter Speedrun (Zangief) in 11 minutes and 21 seconds:
http://bisqwit.iki.fi/torrents/superstreetfighter2tnc-tas_zangief-saturn.avi.torrent
Super Street Fighter Speedrun (Ken) in 11 minutes and 32 seconds:
http://bisqwit.iki.fi/torrents/superstreetfighter2tnc-tas_ken-saturn.avi.torrent

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2006, 04:55:11 AM »
There's somebody who actually uses Zangief and is good at it? Now that's a playa! :o

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Tanier

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2006, 05:18:32 AM »
he definately has his obvious weeknesses... he's just so famous for them. but on  certain games its not that bad. he's tourney material. ex. Street fighter alpha 2.
I'm backkkkkkkk

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2006, 05:36:42 AM »
Pretty much all the characters in Super Turbo are tourney worthy, Cammy's the only one I don't see often(I think I may have aseen a few matches with her though) I've seen some some guys who are beastly with Gief. I have a DVD of a ST tourney with some top Japanese players(Daigo, OtoChun, AniKen, Muteki, and some others). I can upload some of the matches and combo vids if you guys wanna see some high level ST.

(You may get bored though.:razz: tigertigertigertigertigertigertigertigertigertiger)

Offline Tanier

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2006, 05:37:49 AM »
lol in Super/Turbo thats like the only character i'm good with Lmao i mean really tourney worthy with. cammy..
I'm backkkkkkkk

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2006, 05:49:20 AM »
I used to really want to play Cammy, but I didn't like her as much. Her normals seemed so bad to me. I could never get in on people. I kinda like to play more defensively, but still like to be aggressive sometimes, and I felt the most comfortable doing that with Chun and Guile, later be be just Chun.

Offline Tanier

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2006, 06:01:52 AM »
some people are like wtf how are you hitting me. cause i know her basics attacks well she has such long reach on the ground.
I'm backkkkkkkk

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2006, 06:13:59 AM »
I loved Street Fighter II and SF II Turbo on the SNES.

More recently, Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival on the GBA is an incredible game - Akuma bugs notwithstanding.

I was always best with Ryu and Ken (like everyone else) but I had a pretty respectable Chun-Li and Blanca too.

Never really liked the Alpha Series as much though.

Offline Tanier

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2006, 06:36:56 PM »
those aren't bugs :) even the cpu abuses teh "bugs" :)
on second thought they are bugs. but bugs are about welcome in street fighter, but not to the point where the game becomes total crap like. Street Fighter... i forgot the name of that crappy game capcom made and is almost proud of... the sucky one with darkstalkers in it and characters are horribly unbalanced. and feels like a mugen with nes sprites.
edit:
it capcom fighting evolution. one of the worst games i have ever played in my life. O_O not even better than the original street fighter. not saying the original its bad, but with the technology i dont think it even topped the first game.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 06:41:22 PM by lilday »
I'm backkkkkkkk

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2006, 07:45:56 PM »
Yeah, Akuma is just broken. I cant think of too many bugs in ST, well, none that really seem to break the game. I remember in Play magazine some dude said that CFE was one of the best and most balnced fighting games ever. Even fans of the mag were like, "Are you crazy?"

Offline Tanier

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2006, 07:54:40 PM »
remember air huricane kick plus ground hurricane kick + shoryuken = pwnage :D
I'm backkkkkkkk

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2006, 08:11:21 PM »
WW Guile ftw

Offline Tanier

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2006, 08:12:37 PM »
I'm cheap with guile i'll do custom combo or v-ism lol
I'm backkkkkkkk

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2006, 08:24:16 PM »
WW guile > any other Guile

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rurika Yokoyama - TABI NO TOCHUU