JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - Tougenkyo

Author Topic: The Sayashi Riho Thread (鞘師里保)  (Read 177233 times)

Offline Megan

• ecchi
Re: The Sayashi Riho Thread (鞘師里保)
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2011, 11:32:37 PM »
^^ Oh, ok, I can see how that is. I guess that's not really the type of fan I am, haha. But I guess there are many ways of liking Morning Musume. That's why they have so many members, right? One of the main reasons I got into H!P in the first place was the music and that's still the #1 reason I pay attention to them, so hearing good voices is always a plus for me.

Offline asiansensation

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2011, 02:10:57 PM »
I'm not really a big MM fan, but recently Riho and Kanon are attending the school that I teach at.
I would like to get a picture with them at least. Probably in another month or two around graduation time.
It would be nice to tell my folks back home that I met some very popular singers in Japan.
Both of them changed from their respective schools in Hiroshima and Aichi. Lucky me:)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2011, 02:53:16 PM »

Spliced together something fierce from the auditions.

Do the dance~

Offline greyface

• Member+
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2011, 04:39:20 PM »
I'm not really a big MM fan, but recently Riho and Kanon are attending the school that I teach at.
That's pretty darn cool!  What kind of place is it?  I imagine a girls only school filled with famous kids and the kids of famous and super-rich kids...

Do the students there eat kyuushoku?  Home-made bentos?  Bentos delivered by a real catering company or restaurant?
Do they clean the school like normal kids?
Even though it's an elementary school, do you have to wear a suit and tie to all classes every day?

Offline asiansensation

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2011, 07:45:11 AM »
That's pretty darn cool!  What kind of place is it?  I imagine a girls only school filled with famous kids and the kids of famous and super-rich kids...

Do the students there eat kyuushoku?  Home-made bentos?  Bentos delivered by a real catering company or restaurant?
Do they clean the school like normal kids?
Even though it's an elementary school, do you have to wear a suit and tie to all classes every day?
Just a normal school. They eat eat kyuushoku and clean the classroom/hallways just like everyone else.
And no we don't have to wear a suit and tie. I believe that's for the jhs/hs teachers:)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2011, 10:09:00 AM »

Some previews of the really sweet official pic set from Yahoo auctions... haven't seen scans yet, but thought I'd post the samples. :3

And some more Riho cross-posted from the 9th gen thread. Love the big smile. xD

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2011, 11:15:30 AM »

Latest Riho pic from UTB. Looking good, dig the looong straight hair almost as much as the curly fierce style.  :P

"Well it ain't no thang."

More cute stuff in preview size, from Yahoo auctions again.

And more blog pic cross-postin'. Strawberries and the cellphone dance festival with Kanon. :strawberry:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2011, 12:44:10 AM »

Do the dance, do the dance~

Made some Riho dance gifs from the latest bijo-gaku. :P

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2011, 02:41:09 PM »
She moves like a FLASH

:w00t:

They're all doing the same fast routine, but somehow it looks even faster when she does it LOL
Maybe because it's so spot on
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2011, 05:13:04 PM »
^It also helps that she's so crisp with her moves. :D Hardly any wastage of body motions. Just kinda like snap and GO. That kind of energy reminds me of the way Ai used to move when she was younger, except this is more powerful. o_O Ai was always more refined, probably because of her ballet experience, whereas Riho's dance experience seems to be more, hmm, modern? Yeah. XD

I can tell I'm going to have a hard time keeping my eyes off this girl. XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline kohpee

« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2011, 04:52:46 PM »
After seeing all of the new members it brought back my hope for Morning Musume =)
I honestly think MM can be brought back to the top.

I hope they do anything drastic with Riho's hair T.T I actually like how it's super straight and long haha. Hopefully they won't cut it or dye it like crazy. I also LOVE her shoes when they showed her practice clips? I was like "Damn those are fresh nike's" lol
For a 12 year old she really dresses fashionable too haha

Offline kitaoji

• Member+
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2011, 07:36:23 AM »
blast, this girl is simply a dance machine.

And those Morning Labo photos!  They speak of "I know I'm awesome, you know I'm awesome, and I know that you know [that I know that] I'm awesome."  :cow:

9th gen is so difficult to pick a favorite.

Offline kyo-

• Member+
  • S/mileage Family
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2011, 08:00:49 AM »
the talented new girl... nice choice to choose morning musume for her next career :twothumbs

morning musume's next ace  :thumbsup
i see the next goto maki..
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 11:42:37 AM by kyo- »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2011, 03:48:35 AM »
CROSS-POSTING FROM THE 9th Gen THREAD!

- Riho saying her charm point is being able to bend her thumbs really far back,
OSNAP! Yasshii has hitchhiker's thumb!

Double OSNAP! I've also got hitchhiker's thumb! I can't bend it quite as far back as she can...but still...it's something we have in common!  :thumbup

EDIT: Forgot to adjust the pic to shrink.  :nervous
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 03:54:10 AM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline nimrod

• RihoLicious!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • BABYMETAL DEATH!
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2011, 07:38:18 PM »
Sayashi Riho is taking over Mano Erina's radio show, starting next week :(

http://twitter.com/hello_online/status/52059622118395904
りほ, りほ Password is りほ  ♪

がんばれいな!- twitter - last.fm - DVD Profiler - tumblr

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2011, 12:31:29 PM »

Report from Ai's blog XD

Apparently 9th gen are currently at the hair salon, and when Ai found out she asked for pictures. The manager then sent her the above. XD

Also, I quote Ai who quoted Riho: "Seems like quite a bit was cut".

We just have to wait for the aftermath now. O_O

Also, on the bayfm radio appearance with Ai, Aika and Riho, we find out that the 9th gen kids very smartly got the numbers of ALL the senpai members. Apparently it never occurred to Ai and Aika to do so when they first joined. :lol: I'll need to listen again to report back with a better summary. :D

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline usagi_no_kami

• Usachan Peace!!
  • Member+
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2011, 07:33:55 PM »
Fanrecording: 110403 Morning Musume 2011 Spring Concert Tour "New Genesis Fantasy DX ~Welcome 9th generation members~" (Saitama)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/o6vaaw

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2011, 08:20:24 PM »

Report from Ai's blog XD

Apparently 9th gen are currently at the hair salon, and when Ai found out she asked for pictures. The manager then sent her the above. XD

Also, I quote Ai who quoted Riho: "Seems like quite a bit was cut".

We just have to wait for the aftermath now. O_O

Also, on the bayfm radio appearance with Ai, Aika and Riho, we find out that the 9th gen kids very smartly got the numbers of ALL the senpai members. Apparently it never occurred to Ai and Aika to do so when they first joined. :lol: I'll need to listen again to report back with a better summary. :D

After that, their manager tweeted some pics from her UTB shoot that show her new hair length:

( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2011, 06:54:04 AM »
Ok so I got hold of RIHO-DELI's first show. :D Decided to summarize it since it was so much fun. XD

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0zaiilcq7xvzuxg

==================================================
- Self introduction (from Hiroshima, AB bloodtype etc XD)
- first song: Maji desu ka ska

- Deli-kun converses with Riho over the stuff she scribbled about herself, Deli-kun decides to ask questions to put her at ease and also introduce Riho to the audience
  -- her family name "Sayashi"
      -- apparently it's a very rare surname, and Riho apparently researched the prevalence of it, and there's not more than 12 households in Japan bearing that name, and Riho knows all of them. They're all her relatives! XD
      -- Deli-kun asks her about the origin of the name, apparently an ancestor of hers was a maker of scabbards in Himeji castle. Scabbard = Saya, hence, Sayashi as "maker of scabbards".

- Deli-kun wonders if she speaks Hiroshima-ben since it doesn't show, and Riho's like "nope, I'm using keigo so it doesn't show", so he asks her to speak in it.

- her hobbies are drawing and dance
 -- Riho says she isn't the type to go out and play when it's break time in school, she just hides inside and furtively (?!) doodles on her own. Apparently she draws mini versions of food. XD Deli-kun: "You draw omu-rice?! I've never heard of anyone drawing that!"

- her skill is kendama, she can do it 2 times out of 3 apparently.

- favourite food: peach, chinese noodles, strawberry
 -- Deli-kun: "Why is it mostly fruits? And why do you put chinese noodles in between the fruits? Wouldn't it make sense to group the fruits?"
    Riho: "Well, Chinese noodles are my second favourite food so..."

- next song: Nanchatte Renai, which is Riho's favourite song. XD

- Riho's habit is sleeping, Deli-kun asks her if she is always sleepy, but apparently she's ok during work since she's concentrating on something, but when she's travelling on the train or by car etc, she falls asleep.
 -- Deli-kun: "Just out of curiosity, even though the staff might get angry...on a scale of 1 to 10, how sleepy do you feel now?"
    Riho: "Um...now? Around...3?"
    Deli-kun: "That's bad enough!"
    Riho: "Ah but I'm not paying attention to that part of me so it's ok"

- Things Riho doesn't like about herself: how things around her tend to get messy, and being unable to wake up in the morning
 -- Riho explains that when she takes stuff out, she tends not to put it back again, since she finds tidying up a hassle. She only tidies up once every few days.

- A recent dream she had: That Kanon became her dance teacher and got really angry at her for messing up.
 -- Deli-kun: "Aren't you giving her a really scary image, even though it's just a dream?"
    Riho: "No! Kanon's really cheerful and interesting..."
    Deli-kun: "But she got really mad at you in that dream?"
    Riho: "Well I was doing some dance practice in the evening, then I thought I would take a quick break and nap a little..."
    Deli-kun: "Wait, you fell asleep there again?"
    Riho: "Well I was at home and it was night! And then when she got mad at me in the dream I woke up."
    Deli-kun: "How bad was it?"
    Riho: "Well she was like 'You're not practising are you?!'. I think even when I was sleeping, my subconscious still had the memory that I should be practising..."

- If she had a time machine, Riho wants to go to 100 years in the future.
 - Deli-kun: "Why 100 years?"
   Riho: "Because something like 1000 years would be too big a leap from now, everything would be too different. But in 100 years thing would still be relatively familiar and I really want to see if there would be flying cars..."

- something she wants to yell out now: CIDER!!!
  Deli-kun: "Why cider?"
  Riho: "I really like it and I always have it with my meals."
  Deli-kun: "You like it that much?"
 - And after she yells it (everyone should listen, she's hilarious here), Deli-kun's like "what the hell are you doing?"

- something I do more than half the time: sleeping
  Deli-kun: "Sleeping again?!"
  Riho: "When I get on the plane, I sleep. When I get on the train, I sleep. Something like that."
  Deli-kun: "What about when you're eating?"
  Riho: "But I really love eating. When I'm eating I'm concentrating so it doesn't act up."
  Deli-kun: "So how sleepy do you feel now again?"
  Riho: -without missing a beat- "3 (on scale of 1 to 10)"
  Deli-kun: "That's still bad!"

- last question: Riho's aim? Riho says she wants to be able to learn and speak English to foreign artistes.
  Deli-kun: "That's not what you wrote here!" -- apparently she wrote that she wants to learn more and do well on the show

- Deli-kun asks her again how sleepy she is (I get the feeling this is going to be a running gag XD), again the answer is 3.

- next song: Motto Aishite Hoshii no

- info about new single, Maji desu ka ska, release date 4/6

- she mentions how she talked more than she expected to

- see you next week!

==========================================================

Oh Riho, you are made of so much win. :D

EDIT: Also want to point out something amazing about her family name. Family names for everyone didn't come into being until the Meiji era, and if her ancestor really served in Himeji castle, her family is pretty old, and craftsmen/peasants in the past don't have family names --- you're just so-and-so from some region. Only nobility and famous samurai families have family names.

This tells us a few things. The safest thing to assume is that scabbard-making was a family trade, so when the law to give everyone family names was passed in 1875, they simply took on the name of their profession. But if that's the case, it seems strange that there are only 12 households with that name, and all of them are her relatives. Then again, weapon-making (even if it's just the scabbard, then again, without a good scabbard, the edge of the katana will get damaged) was a highly regulated industry from the Edo era (and before that too, actually), so it makes sense that it's all kept in the family. If I remember well enough from my readings, the craftsmen were all kept together in one district so that they can't spread their skills out to the general public -- it was a closely kept secret.

The other possibility is that her ancestor must have done something meritorious during his time, like crafting something special for some lord, and was given a family name as a reward. This would explain why her family name is not more widely spread -- since I don't believe that her family is the only scabbard-maker in the whole of Japan. XD It's all pure speculation though, but it's interesting to think about.

:D Fic time, perhaps...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 08:33:38 AM by Estrea »

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline usagi_no_kami

• Usachan Peace!!
  • Member+
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2011, 08:07:39 PM »
Fanrecording: 110403 Morning Musume 2011 Spring Concert Tour "New Genesis Fantasy DX ~Welcome 9th generation members~" (Saitama)- NIGHT
http://www.sendspace.com/file/c04kdg
-------------
Fanrecording: 110403 Morning Musume 2011 Spring Concert Tour "New Genesis Fantasy DX ~Welcome 9th generation members~" (Saitama)- DAY (another version)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qkliwn
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 09:32:57 PM by usagi_no_kami »

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - Tougenkyo