JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wang Lee Hom - Heartbeat

Author Topic: [CHI] Stephen Chow  (Read 91157 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [CHI] Stephen Chow
« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2012, 09:57:08 AM »
FINALLY!!!

as you can tell i been waitin so fuckin long for his comeback, watching all his ol school TVB shit

Stephen Chow's Comeback Set for Early 2013    
2012-09-20 10:58:11     Chinesefilms.cn/CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Xie Tingting

A comedy film directed by Stephen Chow will be released around the 2013 Chinese New Year.

ChinaVision Media Group Limited has announced that a comedy film directed by Stephen Chow will be released around the 2013 Chinese New Year.

"Chu Mo Chuan Qi", starring Shu Qi, Huang Bo and Wen Zhang, will mark Chow's return after his 2008 film "CJ7".

Chow, who is also an actor, screenwriter and producer, is hailed as the king of comedy. His prolific career is marked by such successful films as "A Chinese Odyssey", "Shaolin Soccer", and "Kung Fu Hustle".

The actor-turned-director has signed a contract with ChinaVision to shoot five films in the next seven years.

ChinaVision, which celebrated its third anniversary on Tuesday (September 18, 2012), also announced the launch of individual studios for some of its signed artists, including actors Ge You and Huang Bo, writer Yan Geling and director Ding Sheng.

Among them, Ding Sheng will direct "Police Story 2013" starring Jackie Chan.

Ding and Chan worked together on the 2010 film "Little Big Soldier".

Written by Liu Shuai, and edited by Xie Tingting

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Stephen Chow is BACK!!
« Reply #141 on: November 22, 2012, 10:02:19 AM »
Stephen Chow talks about love again: Siege the day

Stephen Chow Sing Chi who has not released a film in awhile yesterday met the media in Beijing with Huayi Brother chief Wang Zhonglei. Earlier the not yet titled film confirmed its official title SAI YAU GONG MOR BIN (JOURNEY TO THE WEST: DEMON TAMING CHAPTER) and will be released in the February Lunar New Year slot.

Since CJ7 Chow Sing Chi has not released a new film in 4 years. Thus the press conference attracted over 100 media outlets. Sing Yeh who has not appeared in a long time could have passed for a model. The press conference announced a teaser trailer and two posters. In the trailer the Monkey King had its back toward the camera and faced the challenge of the giant Buddha's palm. The short one minute teaser displayed the JOURNEY TO THE WEST story's fantasy pedigree with special effects and space of imagination that viewers will look forward to.

The pure slogan poster had "Ten thousand years are too long, seize the day. As soon as the king appears he is invincible" The quote came from Mao Zedong but also answered Sing Ye's CHINESE ODYSSEY "Love you ten thousand years" classic line. The host asked Chow Sing Chi, "You used to be willing to wait ten thousand years, now why do you think they are too long?" Sing Yeh replied, "I was too young then!"

This film was also Wang Zhonglei's second collaboration with Chow Sing Chi. He felt that only Chow Sing Chi was able to coordinate with the JOURNEY TO THE WEST story. "His character and scene handling are never what you expect!" Sing Yeh was in a good mood at yesterday's press conference. After the teaser was shown, he deliberately asked the host in Cantonese, "How was it?" The host was pleased and answered in less than fluent Cantonese, "Good!" The host finally asked Chow Sing Chi about his expectation of his new film. Sing Yeh said, "Viewers' happiness is the most important!"

Source: On.cc
Translated by: hktopten

HOLY SHIT TEASER!!

good ol times with Tony :lol:

"His face was all pale when he learned he got into TVB training class" XD

Offline MrQRS

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #142 on: November 23, 2012, 06:16:26 AM »
i love his comedy movies when he release cj7 it was a let down for me cause i was hopping for another comedy hopefully his new films good look forward to it
Advent to the top

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #143 on: December 24, 2012, 10:32:49 AM »

new Stephen Chow!! TRAILER!!!! with Shu Qi

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #144 on: December 29, 2012, 02:37:22 AM »
[2012.12.28] STEPHEN CHOW CALLS SHU QI "COMEDY FIGHTER JET"

The Stephen Chow Sing Chi directed film JOURNEY TO THE WEST (SAI YAU GONG MOR PIN) will be released in the Lunar New Year. Yesterday he along with actors Shu Qi, Wen Zhang and Huang Bo attended the Beijing press conference. Sing Yeh praised the 3 actors for their great acting. They were filled of comedy senses, with them he could almost retire from comedy! He was still able to direct though. Shu Qi revealed that when she was named the lead actress, she admitted that she was a little surprised and agreed to perform right away.

Chow Sing Chi at the Beijing press conference joked, "Wen Zhang is the new king of comedy. With him, my comedy life has ended; Huang Bo is already a king of comedy, with him, Wen Zhang's and my comedy lives have ended; with Shu Qi, we can all get lost. She absolutely is the comedy fighter jet."

Shu Qi admitted that she wanted Sing Yeh to show of a little of his acting in the film but she was disappointed. Sing yeh was asked when he would personally perform a comedy for everyone? He continued to praise the actors and said, "With them around, what would I play? I can almost retire." Yet he admitted that he would not stop directing.

Shu Qi was named the lead actress to play the demon taming heroine. She said that she was a little surprised. "One day Sing Yeh suddenly called me and asked if I could be his new film's lead actress? At the time I was so surprised I jumped. Later I found out it was for JOURNEY TO THE WEST, a costume and action films. I thought it would be a lot of fun so I agreed right away. I grew up watching Sing Yeh's movies. I understand his style very well, working with Sing Yeh on a comedy has been my dream for years." Sing Yeh said, "Oriignally I wanted to take Shu Qi to dinner to invite her, because I thought Shu Qi has always played pretty characters she probably would have no interest in comedy; in the end, Shu Qi was very interested in the comedy, I didn't have to take her to dinner."

In the film Shu Qi had many action scenes, most of which Sing Yeh personally demonstrated. Shu Qi said, "No wonder everyone said Sing Yeh likes kung fu, he actually really knows kung fu well!"
Posted by hktopten

This so cute.

Shu Qi posts this photo online and jokes, "Who is going to pull him off me?"
 courtesy of mingpao.com

Fuck Wong Jing!! Sing Yeh will be back in front of the camera in no time!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2013, 11:28:21 PM »

[2013.01.06] STEPHEN CHOW ADMITS THAT HE IS OLD AND NO ONE WANTS HIM

Stephen Chow Sing Chi two days ago spoke about his dreams with Alibaba group chief Jack Ma Yun at the Beijing China Media University. They appreciated each other and practiced Tai Chi. Sing Yeh said that he would like Ma Yun to play the Monkey King; the audience saw how great they got along and screamed, "Get together!" Sing Yeh was asked about marriage and he continued to practice "Tai Chi". "Now no one wants me."

Sing Yeh responded to the question of when he would wed. ""I don't know either!"  He then turned around and Wang Zhonglei, "At my age now I probably won't have the chance!  I am so old, now definitely no one wants me." When a viewer asked him about his favorite actress, he said that recently he felt Shu Qi was decent since she was the JOURNEY TO THE WEST (SAI YAU GONG MOR PIN) lead actress. Someone screamed his former rumored girlfriend Athena Chu Yan's CHINESE ODYSSEY character name. He remained serious and did not respond.

In recent years Sing Yeh focused on behind the scene work, which was regrettable to many film viewers. Sing Yeh said, "Actually I still can be an action director. I have practiced kung fu since I was little, I am interested in martial arts. In all of my movies I would participate in action director work." Ma Yun immediately grabbed him to practice Tai Chi.

Ma Yun praised Sing Yeh, "Chinese people have two things that they have to watch, one is Chow Sing Chi movies, the other is Jin Yong (Louis Cha) novels. The rest can all be passing clouds." 2,000 viewers applauded and cheered. Sing Yeh said that he thought about asking Ma Yun to play the Monkey King. "I want to ask Ma Yun to make a movie, he could play whatever he wants. Whichever actress he would like to work with I would try to get. I feel JOURNEY TO THE WEST is the perfect movie, the only regret is Ma Yun didn't play the Monkey King."

In JOURNEY OF THE WEST, the original "10000 year limit" has now become "10000 years are too long, just fight for the moment". Sing Yeh lamented particularly, "I don't have much time, I need to fulfill many dreams in the fastest speed." Ma Yun agreed, "Dream realization now not only needs the best creativity, but also excellent teams and persisting hard work. However it can only be just talks and empty dreams."
 Posted by hktopten 

lol hardest person to work with in Show Biz??????

[2013.01.07] STEPHEN CHOW CARRIES ON ALONE

The god class actor Stephen Chow Sing Chi even has a temper that exceeds others! Rumors of partnerships that ended in unpleasantness are frequent. Recently another one is added -- his new film JOURNEY TO THE WEST (SAI YAU GONG MOR PIN) director Derek Kwok Chi Kin. Reportedly they due to camera placement issue had some friction, finally Sing Yeh wrapped up the film himself and carried the recent promotion as well.

After Ng Man Tat, Wong Jing, Wong Yat Fei, and Sammo Hung Kam Bo, Chow Sing Chi recently has been rumored to be at odds with another partner! Earlier he and Kwok Chi Kin directed JOURENY TO THE WEST, Sing Yeh was the writer and the director. However with his unique ideas, during the shoot he and Kwok Chi Sin had a difference of opinion. Reportedly they constantly due to camera placement issues created friction and were unable to come to an understanding. Thus Kwok Chi Kin left the front line during the production while Sing Yeh kept working hard.

On recent promotional posters, the film was only introduced as Stephen Chow film without any show of Kwok Chi Kin. Even for the Mainland promotional tour, production meeting and the Hong Kong press conference tomorrow, Kwok Chi Kin would not be expected. Instead Shu Qi and Wen Zhang were listed. To find Kwok Chi Kin's name, one would have to look on the film's official microblog credits. However because he was not expected at the promotion, Kwok Chi Kin was free and clear to direct Nicholas Tse Ting Fung's new film wholeheartedly.

Kwok Chi Kin earlier was hospitalized due to a kidney stone. Recently he has already recovered and continued to work on his new film. When asked about the difference of opinion with Sing Yeh, he said with hesitation, "Nothing like that, it's just a rumor." As for other collaboration plan, Kwok Chi Kin did not directly respond.

During the shoot JOURNEY kept its characters confidential. With the recent promotional tour the veil of mystery has been lifted. Mainland actor Huang Bo played the Monkey King, Shu Qi played Miss Duen. Taiwan star Show Luo (Law Chi Cheung) played a lonely gentleman."
 Posted by hktopten 

[2013.01.09] STEPHEN CHOW ADMITS TO LIKING MONEY

Director, writer and producer Stephen Chow Sing Chi yesterday with Shu Qi and Show Luo (Law Chi Leung) attended the Lunar New Year film JOURNEY TO THE WEST (SAI YAU GONG MOR PIN) press conference. Sing Yeh's KUNG FU HUSTLE was once the Hong Kong box office champion but earlier Taiwan film YOU ARE THE APPLE OF MY EYE toppled it. Was he confident about regaining the title this time? Sing Yeh said, "Of course I would like to perform well, how much do I want to make in Hong Kong? We don't have to be so literal." Did he have any pressure from Eric Tsang Chi Wai and Raymond Wong Pak Ming's Lunar New Year films? He said, "No, I am already greeting the Lunar New Year, only less in recent years."

Wong Jing publicly criticized him and said that now Sing Yeh liked money more than movies. Shu Qi cracked up and said that the media often asked about gossip instead of the matter at hand. Sing Yeh asked when Wong Jing said that then took a jab at Wong Jing. "I like money, but I feel movies have to be well made in order to make money. You can't randomly make a movie and make money." Wong Jing meant that he has lost his passion for film. Sing Yeh said, "I am not too familiar with him, it's not convenient for me to comment too much." Did he mean that Wong Jing was nosy and should not have said what he said? He said, "I am not commenting, he and I are not too familiar." Wong Jing even said that the chance of them working together again was very slim. Sing Yeh smiled at the reporter who asked the question and said, "since you are so interesting he knowing, let me answer for you, I am not interested."

Did his former girlfriend Alice Yu Man Fung ask him for 70 million in commission only because they broke up? Shu Qi cracked up again, Sing Yeh kept shaking his head and said "No, no, no." Did Yu Man Fung ask for commission? Sing Yeh said, "I won't talk about this here." How was his relationship with Yu Man Fung now? He had no comment. Would they settle out of court? Did asking for money after the break up hurt? Sing Yeh said, "I won't talk about this here, I won't tell you." Would he leave it to the judge? He said yes. Was his mood to promote the film affected? He said, "No, (Would the lawsuit divert your attention?) This is very minor." Did he and Yu Man Fung break up over money? Shu Qi cracked up yet again. Sing Yeh said, "I already said don't ask, you still ask." As for his current love life, was he dating? He nodded. So he was dating? He looked at Shu Qi and wanted to use her as a shield. The media pointed out that Shu Qi already had someone with the same English name as his. Sing Yeh pretended that he did not know and asked Shu Qi, "Really? You are already with someone?" Shu Qi smiled but did not answer.

Many of Sing Yeh's female co-stars ended up at odds with him, was Shu Qi worried? She did not understand and asked why? Sing Yeh said that they were not at odds. "No, we are great." Did she privately dine with Sing Yeh? Was Sing Yeh who was madly praising her after her? Shu Qi quoted Sing Yeh, "I won't talk about this here, I am not telling you."

At the press conference the Shu Qi performed theme song music video was shown and video of Sing Yeh providing back up vocal for Shu Qi. They both covered their faces in embarrassment. Sing Yeh revealed that Shu Qi wanted to work with him and everyday kept encouraging him to perform. Shu Qi once brought back his self confidence, but later he saw Piggy's performance and was sunk to the bottom of the sea again. He also pointed out that his impression of Shu Qi was pretty and sexy with a lot of potential; Shu Qi smiled but did not speak. Sing Yeh again praised Shu Qi, "She is very cultured, she won't say such arrogant words. You are all witnesses!"
 Posted by hktopten 

[2013.01.12] SHU QI AND CHRISSIE CHAU TRADE IN SEXINESS FOR COMEDY IN JOURNEY TO THE WEST

The Stephen Chow Sing Chi produced, directed and written, Shu Qi, Wen Zhang, Huang Bo and Chrissie Chau Sau Na starred JOURNEY TO THE WEST (SAI YAU GONG MOR PIN) will be released on February 7 for the Lunar New Year film and on February 10 in the Mainland on the Lunar New Year's Day. Yesterday its stills and production special were unveiled.

In JOURNEY TO THE WEST, aside from the Shu Qi played demon taming heroine and Wen Zhang played Chen Xuanzang (young Venerable Monk Tang), the comedy team also had Sing Yeh's KUNG FU HUSTLE and CJ7 (CHEUNG GONG CHUT HO) classic support players Jiro Lee Seung Ching and Fung Min Hung as well as new additions like Huang Bo, Show Luo (Law Chi Cheung) and Chau Sau Na. Playing the Sand Monk, Lee Seung Ching also had to perform in the buff with Wen Zhang.

In the production special Sing Yeh was very attentive to Shu Qi. He personally demonstrated every stunt. In Shu Qi's fight against monsters Sing Yeh displayed his style. Shu QI and Huang Bo's dance scene also had a comedy feel. Sing Yeh also revealed that he played an important character for viewers to find.

When two generations of sexy stars Shu Qi and Chau Sau Na ran into each other, they held back their sexiness for comedy. Sister Na did not feel Sing Yeh was serious at all. She said, "Everyday was spent in laughter." Many compared the Huang Bo played Sun Wukong with Sing Yeh's in CHINESE ODYSSEY. Huang Bo said that this time Sun Wukong was not handsome. Because he was trapped for 500 years he was balding.
 Posted by hktopten 

EVEN MORE!! haha his direction side by side he's going like "OK. hold it, hold it. NOW SMASH"

fuck, this makes me want him to do a cameo or something. HAVENT SEEN Him act in years COME ON! maybe even a TV show for NOW Hong Kong.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2013, 09:16:30 AM »
lol joining the Communist party? 1月25日,新任广东省政协委员周星驰在会场中遭到记者的围追堵截。当日,广东省十二届人大第一次会议在广州召开,广东省政协委员周星驰列席会议。中新社发 龙宇阳 摄

More Journey to the West

Stephen Chow Sing Chi yesterday promoted JOURNEY TO THE WEST (SAI YAU GONG MOR PIN) in Taiwan with Show Luo (Law Chi Cheung). Piggy in the film guest starred as "Lonely Gentleman", which the host misread as "weak kidney gentleman". Because Sing Yeh thought it was funny, he added the idea of Piggy explaining that he did not have weak kidneys. Sing Yeh joked, "Because of his 'weak kidneys' we had to shoot all day. That day was wasted! However I believe in my own casting, Piggy truly is top notch!"

Piggy did not want to give people the impression that he was "impersonating Chow Sing Chi". Thus he gave 5 different impressions of each scene to Sing Yeh. Sing Yeh joked, "Because of that, during editing I thought every one was good. I didn't know how to choose."

Piggy worked on the film for 6 days. He as a fan asked how Sing Yeh maintained his skin. Sing Yeh said, "I don't know, I don't sleep, I don't have any abdominal muscle or chest muscle." Piggy said that Sing Yeh loved to act on the set. "When the crew accidentally broke something, he stood up and pretended to scold them. After yelling he would jokingly ask, 'Was I very angry before?'" Piggy already reserved a role in Sing Yeh's next film. He was even willing to play support.

Although Piggy did not have much screen time, he still had the benefit of Shu Qi leaning on his shoulder. Piggy did not dare to look at Shu Qi from the start because he thought her presence was too strong and her eyes were filled with acting. Shu Qi generously leaned on his shoulder anyway and started to act.

Sing Yeh was asked whether he would perform again. He joked, "You have watched it even times, of course you can't tell. You would be close if you watch 30 times or so, you have to seriously watch. One day you will find me, I am really in it." He took back his smile and seriously said, "I feel being on camera to me is too simple, directing is even more challenging. When I direct, I personally perform every character in every scene once to show them. I am not in it, but I am also completely in it. I put my most important 'soul' into the film."
Posted by hktopten

what took em so long? The rumors  :roll:

[2013.01.25] STEPHEN CHOW DRAGS IN HUANG BO WHEN AKSED ABOUT HIS RUMOR WITH SHU QI

The Stephen Chow Sing Chi directed film JOURNEY TO THE WEST (SAI YAU GONG MOR PIN) stars Shu Qi. Sing Yeh was asked whether he was pursuing Shu Qi, he humorously said, "I of course have no problem with that, but Shu Qi has a problem with it!"

After 4 years without a film, the latest Chow Sing Chi directed film JOURNEY TO THE WEST will be released in the Lunar New Year. He spared no effort while promoting the film and did not mind promoting with rumors. He was asked that since the film's love story would end in tragedy as usual, did he like this format? He laughed and said, "My movie hopes to have such a dramatic difference." In his movies often the woman was after the man, he said, "Of course, only what can't be done in reality is fun in the movies!" As for his rumor with Shu Qi, Sing Yeh said, "I of course have no problem with that, only she has a problem with it. Stuff like this can't be one sided, it needs coordination from both sides." Was his fondness for Shu Qi very strong? He said, "Not just me, Huang Bo's fondness for her is not less than mine."

Sing Yeh's life without movies was very low key, he avoided the subject but still he had news about him turning his back on everyone. He said, "Right, because I don't know about some at all and don't see them. I usually don't pay attention to my own news, this is what happens in show business. In addition I have a lot I want to do, I won't do anything unimportant."

In addition, Wen Zhang who played the venerable Monk Tang in the film had emotional scenes with Shu Qi, but he often appeared as a strange, weird and unkempt exorcist. In the film he even had a heavy flavored pig kiss. Sing Yeh in order to comfort him arranged for a "wound treatment scene" so he and Shu Qi could have even more intimate contact.
Posted by hktopten

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2013, 05:53:16 AM »
MASSIVE!! IN DEPTH INTERVIEW :

via
http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/c/2013-01-25/11163844664.shtml
http://ent.sina.com.cn/s/h/2013-01-28/10313846098.shtml

电影《西游降魔篇》将于2月10日大年初一在全国公映,2月2日上午11时,华谊兄弟总裁王中磊,与导演周星驰、编剧卢正雨、以及《悟空传》作者今何在做客新浪。

get some kinda gift when it opens in Mainland theaters!

Pimping to all Malaysian Fans! Lama saya!

ripping TVB back in the days!! Talking shit about getting a raise LOL!!

schow lol not amused with racist white guy

新浪娱乐讯 周星驰导演的电影《西游降魔篇》将于2月10日登陆内地影院。2月4日,导演周星驰、制片人王中磊和主演周秀娜、电影小说作者今何在亮相上海,一起解读了这部影片。

good shit XD

hahah censored AV I can't believe they showed this

DEEP cantonese interview finally

[2013.02.05] SHU QI REJECTS STEPHEN CHOW

2月3日,电影《西游·降魔篇》在京举行首映发布会,导演周星驰,主演舒淇、黄渤、罗志祥、周秀娜等人出席。标签: 西游 周星驰 舒淇

Stephen Chow Sing Chi, Shu Qi, Chrissie Chau Sau Na, Show Luo (Law Chi Cheung) and Huang Bo two days ago attended the film JOURNEY TO THE WEST (SAI YAU GONG MOR PIN) Beijing premiere press conference. Sing Yeh publicly expressed his love for Shu Qi, "My respect for Ms. Shu trickles endlessly like the river. I hope to wait until Ms. Shu is not so busy to express my love for her again." However Shu Qi did not accept Sing Yeh's love and said, "I admire and respect the director very much, I should be the one who asks whether I can express love for the director." Sing Yeh said, "I am afraid that you will never have time, then I have no chance." Shu Qi directly rejected Sing Yeh and said, "Then I hope to be always busy." In the film Shu Qi pursued Wen Zhang. In real life Shu Qi has never taken the initiative with any guy. However she said that if she ran into a good guy she would consider taking action. Sing Yeh revealed that he wanted a pretty girl to pursue him but he never ran into any. Thus he expressed that in the film.

Sister Na revealed that Sing Yeh bought her dumplings because in the film she had dance and exhaust her energy. Sing Yeh praised Sister Na's great figure, which would lead to nose bleeds; Sister Na said that when she saw Sing Yeh she too would have a nose bleed. Huang Bo as a comedy actor felt that if he did not work with Sing Yeh life would be less than perfect. Thus he agreed to play Sun Wukong right away. However, Sun Wukong's costume was too ugly. Huang Bo could not help but said, "Actually it wasn't the ugliest, it was just uglier than that. It was almost KUNG FU HUSTLE's Beast." Sing Yeh praised Piggy who played the lonely gentleman for his performance and his comedy. He said, "The important part is he is so handsome, just like when I was young." Piggy revealed that Sing Yeh did not sleep or take care of his skin. Sing Yeh said, "Why is all the attention always on my looks?"
 Posted by hktopten

[2013.02.06] STEPHEN CHOW: LET ME KISS HER LIPS

The media screams, "Together" when Stephen Chow and Shu Qi perform a series of intimate gestures

Stephen Chow Sing Chi, Shu Qi, Chrissie Chau Sau Na promoted their Lunar New Year film JOURNEY TO THE WEST (SAI YAU GONG MOR PIN) in Guangzhou. Sing Yeh continued to express his "love" for Shu Qi, said that Shu Qi was fire that never ceased in his heart. He arranged to put a "promise ring" on Shu Qi's finger and kiss her hand; Shu Qi bashfully kissed Sing Yeh's cheek. The atmosphere was romantic as the media screamed, "Together!" Sing Yeh joked, "I want her to kiss my mouth!"

Shu Qi heard everyone screamed "together" and bashfully said, "I haven't been with him, I don't know how romantic he would be overall." Sing Yeh did not pass up the chance. "Then let's be together for awhile!" Although Shu Qi had no comment for his expression of love, Sing Yeh did not give up. "In life you have to keep failing and keep standing up again. Like SHAOLIN SOCCER, she is the fire that never ceases in my heart." He also explained the love behind JOURNEY TO THE WEST. "It's not a simple love story, it is a love story that experiences life, death, explosion and excitement."

Chau Sau Na earlier posed for Mainland media's JOURNEY TO THE WEST theme Monkey King and Bandit photos. She showed off her shoulders and legs on her Monkey King photo, but she posed when the Beijing temperature reached 2 degrees below zero Celsius. Despite the heat in the studio and 5 heaters around her, the chilling wind still blew in and gave her goose bumps. Sister Na admired Sing Yeh's Monkey King the most. He was loving, loyal and full of emotions.
 Posted by hktopten

[2013.02.07] SHU QI DENIES THAT SHE IS SECRETLY MARRIED

Stephen Chow kisses Shu Qi at the Hong Kong premiere to prevent accusation of Mainland media favoritism

Stephen Chow Sing Chi, Shu Qi and Chrissie Chau Sau Na two nights ago attended the JOURNEY TO THE WEST (SAI YAU GONG MOR PIN) premiere. Shu Qi denied that she and Stephen Fung Tak Lun were secretly married in the U.S. Sing Yeh denied that he was at odds with co-director Derek Kwok Chi Kin. He pointed out that he had so many to worry about that he did not have time to be at odds. Shu Qi and Sister Na said that on the set they did not sense any unpleasantness between Sing Yeh and Kwok Chi Kin.

Shu Qi and Fung Tak Lun were rumored to be secretly married in the U.S. Shu Qi was asked if it was true. She sarcastically said, "Yes! We even had two sons, when you have time you can go to the U.S. and investigate." Was she upset about the rumor? She said, "Not much to be upset about, it's pretty interesting." Were she and Fung Tak Lun dating or already married? She said, "I am going back to talk about the movie today, in the movie I am a good girl." Sing Yeh hoped that Shu Qi would give him more opportunities for them to be together. Shu Qi said that Sing Yeh did not give her any time. She even whined, "Earlier when I asked you to dinner you said you had to edit the film. For the Lunar New Year you said you would go overseas." Was Sing Yeh one of her boyfriend choices? She said, "Of course." Sing Yeh asked her what was good about him. She said, "Humorous, talented, cute, the idol of many, he is beyond my reach."

Once Sing Yeh's rumored girlfriend, Luisa Lai Chi San said that Sing Yeh while promoting in the Mainland kissed Shu Qi. Thus he had to be fair at the Hong Kong premiere as well. Shu Qi immediately pretended to kiss and wipe her mouth, then per reporters' requests, Sing Yeh kissed Shu Qi twice and made Shu Qi blush.

When asked whether Shu Qi and Fung Tak Lun's rumored secret marriage was a big setback for him, Sing Yeh said, "I really don't know. When you ask this I too am stunned a little." He was rumored to be at odds with another director Kwok Chi Kin. Sing Yeh hesitated and said, "No, don't ask me, ask Kwok Chi Kin. I was very busy with a lot during the shoot, I didn't even have time to be at odds!" Shu Qi and Sister Na did not sense that they were at odds and said that the set was very harmonious. Shu Qi even said, "When gossip news is treated as a serious problem, constant clarification is quite a bother!" As for Tin Kai Man calling Sing Yeh cheap, only giving him a tee shirt after knowing him for such a long time and even asking him to take Sing Yeh and others to the movies in return, Sing Yeh played dumb and said, "Where did you hear that from, I don't remember anymore. Ask Tin Gai, I really don't know."

2月6日,《西游.降魔篇》在港举行首映礼,舒淇周秀娜性感亮相。活动上,舒淇遭周星驰主动两次亲脸。舒淇指周星驰是男友人选,大数他的优点,但是她高攀不起。

Sister Na dressed conservatively and denied that she was forfeiting. She said that Shu Qi was the sexy goddess of her heart, she could only be the water snake next to Shu Qi. She even revealed that Sing Yeh gave her the nickname "Pineapple Bun", crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. However Sing Yeh did not pursue her. Sister Na joked, "If he was after someone it wouldn't be me!"

Tin Kin Man who was rumored to be at odds with Sing Yeh appeared in support. The recovering Cheung Tat Ming attended with his wife and son. He said that he was still not completely cured, but the toxin has reached zero. His right arm was still less mobile than before, as he awaited for the nerves to grow anew.

Posted by hktopten

WHOA. had no idea Cheung Tat Ming...one of Stephen Chow's buddies (see his late 90s flicks). GOD SPEED! He's one of Hong Kong's funniest actors.

430 SPACEHSHIP! Sister Helena Tam! REUNITED AND IT FEELS SO GOOD!!!!

so good...the kiddie show where Tony Leung, Aaron Kwok and other major actors got their first break. GIVING THEM ALL. Helena Tam continued on for 30 years seeing actors come and go to big and better things, she went and dug deep in kid psychology and is the most revered children's hosts. TO BE REUNITED AND AT THE PREMIERE of Stephen Chow's movie LMFAO so good. Here they are during the early days:

man I'm gonna pop in "The NUTS" VCD and watch a few eps.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2013, 12:57:57 AM »
what an interesting story how he influenced Teresa Mo's acting career.

Back during the early days of her career, Teresa once played the character of Lin Dai Yu (林黛玉) [from the famous novel Dream of the Red Chamber], however at the time, she was criticized for being ‘wooden’ and not having Lin Dai Yu’s characteristic ‘sickly beauty’. In reality though, Teresa can’t be more opposite than the characters she used to portray – she is the type of person who understands how to have fun and especially enjoys joking around. The ‘turning point’ in her career came in 1989 -- while filming TVB series The Justice of Life (他來自江湖), Teresa was ‘inspired’ by fellow co-star Stephen Chow (周星馳) and after that, she started going on the ‘comedic’ path in her acting career, with later representative works playing funny, tomboy-like characters.

Stephen Chow’s ‘Category III’ dialogue

When she started her acting career 30 years ago (1970s), Teresa Mo epitomized the ‘jade girl’ image, as she often portrayed refined, pure wholesome characters in both modern as well as ancient drama series: at Rediffusion Television [ATV’s predecessor] she was often paired with Leslie Cheung (張國榮) in series with sweet, ‘puppy love’ relationship storylines and later, when she joined Commercial Television [now defunct], she played Lin Dai Yu. After she joined TVB in the early 1980s, her career path pretty much continued in the same direction – that is, until she met actor Stephen Chow and collaborated with him in 1989’s anniversary series The Justice of Life. The experience helped Teresa tap into her comedic potential and after that, she went on to become one of the HK television and movie industry’s rare, highly coveted comedic actresses.

“Filming that series with Stephen was the first time that I became interested in comedy. I definitely learned a lot while filming with him – comedic rhythm, expressions, grasping comedic timing, etc. I discovered that I actually had comedic potential as well – it was a good start for me!”

Stephen Chow has a penchant for changing dialogue in scripts – not just his own, but also the dialogue of those filming the same scenes with him. Teresa admits that this ‘habit’ of his actually helped her acting career, as the ‘special training’ she received from him helped her refine her skills.

“He’s actually more suited for movies because a lot of the dialogue he comes up with is the ‘Category III’ type that would never pass television censors. The interesting thing is that sometimes he would come up with dialogue for us too and would try to persuade us to say it. I remember when we were filming The Justice of Life, there was a segment of the story where his character is pursuing me and so always tries to buy interesting stuff for me to eat – one time he bought a sausage and instead of saying what was in the script, he wanted me to say something else…I told him I won’t say it because it can’t be aired on TV. Another time, he bought something else and ad-libbed some ‘colorful’ dialogue to go along with it – I told him that stuff won’t pass either, but he told me not to be concerned with it and to just say my lines and he’ll respond accordingly. This would happen all the time and we often didn’t know if we should laugh or cry at his ‘creativity’! One thing’s for sure though – every time we’d watch the playback of the scenes together, we’d laugh like crazy!”

After filming those 30 episodes, Teresa slowly went from being overly reserved and cautious with her acting to being more open and less restrained. She came to realize that there was a ‘different’ way of doing comedy – it was like learning to ride a bicycle and finally finding a way to keep yourself balanced.

Source: Mingpao Weekly, Issue 2309
Translated by: llwy12 @ AsianFanatics Forum

Goes to show! comedic acting takes MASSIVE TALENT!! :bow: just watching that  series again and Sing Yeh just ready to be burst on the scene:

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #149 on: March 10, 2013, 09:49:52 AM »
I'm the only Sing Yeh fan?

Been rewatching old Stephen Chow TV shows. Like "The Justice of Life" 他來自江湖 and DAMN found so many more good gems.

CHOI SUN DOH!!

I love the love-hate relationship he has with Ng Man Tat, the beginning of their many collabos. The Stephen Chow being the father at times, the gag where Sing Yeh hums the 'Once Upon A Time in China' theme and his dad does Tai Chi automatically, which became orgasming or humping something in movies like 'Tricky Brains' and his God of Gambler spoofs.

NGO S LAY GAH Y!!

There were many recurring gags to be seen in his movies. Like the mass beating he laid on his future wife, Chi 芝 (Cutie Mui) and he would go "HEY! I went easy on you." - repeated in "Tricky Brains"

AND there was this one scene where he was talking about this cartoon, and some random guy was like "Hey! I watch it too. Let me borrow the tape." it would be the show's director, Lee Lik-chi (李力持) - Sing Yeh's collaborator on many of his hits - in a cameo

LMFAO and this other scene where he was in thee gangsta washroom and overheard shit going down. AND the toilet paper rolled out and he ended up with a square on his finger tip. THEN there was no water. Then he goes back to the office and everyone is like trying to shake his hand and he's like avoiding, using his other hand XD but then they grab his unwashed hand WTH

and he managed to work with beauties that go on to blow up the SPOT like the above mentioned Teresa Mo and DAMN model legs for days...Canny Leung 梁芷珊

you might remember Stephen as the chauffeur to her as Anthony Wong's mob boss wife, he crushing on Canny :lol:

WHOA ASS well, she went on to bigger and better things: known as the Hong Kong one of the "Big Four talented woman. author, host, etc. more than a pretty face!!! Explains why she was such a stiff actor, better at moving and shaking the business WORLD! ain't it great, your flight leaves at 8! shit she needs mo' research.

His method to escape the Triad, ACT LIKE A TREE!

LMFAO at the last episode where he is supposed to get married and he's like in the worst possible torture. everyone is crying and THIS FACE.

ONTO FINAL COMBAT!!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:08:59 PM by Assman »

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #150 on: April 06, 2013, 11:04:19 PM »

CLASSIC before he was a star as a supporting LUM GEI in TVB shows along side Legends Tony LEung and Andy Lau among others via http://www.nownews.com/2013/03/04/38-2909015.htm

1982年《天龍八部》。(網路圖)

1982年另一部《蘇乞兒》

1982年還有一部《香城浪子》

1982年的連續劇《活力十一》

With Andy in 是1982年的劇集《獵鷹》

1983年的《十三妹》

1983年版的《射鵰英雄傳》

1983年另一部《老洞》

THAT is what is called STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM!!! :bow:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2016, 07:23:38 AM »
^ GREAT compilation Assman! I been lookin for all those obscure TVB shows. I wanna get all the 430 Space CAdet on digital!!

Anyone watch The Mermaid? XD he takes the cake with this MANIAC shit!!

I believe he's working on a follow up to Journey to the west. MAN! will he ever act again!

Offline celinecanon01

« Reply #152 on: April 21, 2017, 02:59:22 PM »
I'm a fan of Stephen Chow.
and I love all his movies.

http://www.alluc.ee/stream/kung+fu+hustle+2004

Offline niwastanley

« Reply #153 on: February 11, 2018, 12:25:48 PM »
Is there a new torrent file available? I would like to have Stephen Chow's movie collection.

Offline ZeroNow

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #154 on: April 02, 2020, 01:50:27 PM »
'Look Out Officer!' is now on the U.S. version of Netflix!
Which of course includes a great cameo by Amy Yip!

My ACTIVE Top 5: 1)Teramoto Rio 2)RaMU 3)Moemi Katayama 4) Miru Shiroma 5) Baba Fumika

I MISS: 1) Kana Tsugihara 2)Yuka Ogura 3)Anri Sugihara 4)Reon Kadena 5)Noriko Kijima

My Blogs: https://www.reddit.com/r/GravureNow/
https://www.reddit.com/r/GravureLegends/
https://www.reddit.com/r/LegendaryAsianNudity/

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2020, 04:34:35 PM »
OH MAN CLASSICS!! hey Im part of a mega download forum they been sharing BLURAY rips fuck i was so tempted cuz all I had was VCD versions letès share GUYS!

BUTT MAN! what he been doing sequelÉ working with Ceci again!!!!

King of Comedy 2? PrequelsÉ!É! animaeted whats wrong with my shift key xDDD 

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wang Lee Hom - Heartbeat