JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ai Shinozaki - OMOIDE NO TAMEIKI

Author Topic: [Dorama] Saba Dol [Saba Doll] (starring Watanabe Mayu)  (Read 57991 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: [Dorama] Saba Dol [Saba Doll] (starring Watanabe Mayu)
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2012, 07:35:40 PM »
This show was obviously written for Mayu and they executed it perfectly. Mayu is truly amazing in this show. Poking fun at her own, at idol life, the fans... Genius, she pulls it off so well.

In addition to her eyebrow acting, we also see a lot of lip-acting in this ep: 

:lol:

Story-wise:
- I hope she doesn't get involved with that dude. Touching his chest was already borderline. Don't want, he's so annoying. lol
- What if... they actually add Mayu to N46?!  :panic:

:wub: :inlove: :wub: :inlove: :wub:

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2012, 04:35:44 PM »

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 08:13:45 AM by YKT »

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2012, 11:59:49 AM »
As long as Mayu keeps making those amazing expressions I am this show's bitch. and skimming all of the serious parts, but still.

Offline msst28

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2012, 05:45:06 AM »
Just watch all the episode.. make me love mayu more.. her expression..  :inlove: :inlove: other than mayu.. I also like fresh lemon fan.. haha.. he so funny.. now waiting for the next episode..

Offline moehajiru

• よろしくお願いします。。。m(_ _)m 。。
  • Nihongo benkyo ikimashou..!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2012, 01:31:56 AM »
I'm used to see a cute face mayuyu    :luvluv1:
but seeing her makeup at the age of 38 years, she looks too old    :sweat:

(* I salute with her ​​makeup stylist *)    :on GJ:

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2012, 02:33:51 AM »
さばドル 120203 第4話

Caps

Edit

Saba Dol on YouTube

« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 05:39:02 PM by YKT »

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2012, 07:43:00 PM »
Wow, Mayu's really starting to settle into her old-woman role. All of the cutesy inflections are finally gone during her old-woman scenes, and I'm actually  starting to buy her scenes at home. Looks like her higher-pitched helium voice was fake after all, although that doesn't bother me. I'm actually kind of hoping we'll see more of that deeper voice even after the drama ends. She could really use it for great sexiness. Her looks aren't really that loli, after all, but more like extreme prettiness. Hell, Mayu could probably pass for Jaejoong in a face-photoshop. XD

Oh snap, this episode has bad timing. Comeback taking over the classroom shrine right after the Nacchan scandal? Ouch.

Man, Miori's obligatory moment per episode never gets old.

Gotta say, Mayu playing variations of herself has been more convincing than No3b in Mendol. Then again, Mendol was no3b's first real drama outing, whereas Mayu has had both MGs to get experience with. (And Takamina's acting has grown leaps and bounds, judging from her fucking epic Bimyo outings)

Oh man, just about died at the voice transition when she called Chiqicita dude. And his disgruntled "aaaagghhh?" Well done, show. Well done.  :rofl:

Waiiiiitttt do I even wanna know what advice he gave Mayu? I'm kind of hoping it was something super immoral for great humor.

AHAHAHAHAHA that variety game is all sorts of lulz since in the original 1ji59pun edition of this game Mayuyu pretty much came out with a clean face. Boss little cyborg back in the day. (see her at around 1:50 and 4:04)

LOVED that little twist about not taking off the flour for makeup purposes.

Ah, they left off the forehead wrinkle prosthetic for the scene with her student. Are they going to slowly let her become younger in her teacher persona as her existential crisis gets resolved?

WTFFFFF SOLO DEBUT. Show, the level of meta is starting to get ridiculous.  :lol:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2012, 06:55:26 PM »

Mayu drawing herself  :twothumbs

Ep 4 random thoughts:
- Die-hard Kikuchi fan appears  XD
- More face acting by Mayu. Priceless.
- N46 looked hella creepy. Giving them a part like this really puts them on the map as the rivals.
- The whole yankee school thing has been done to death. I hope there won't be a lot more of this. I mean, I get the parallel between them and Mayu's situation, but just keep it light and funny.
- The man with the coffee made me lol
- This hair in her mouth looked sorta nasty:

- lol, solo debut  :lol:

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2012, 11:38:27 PM »
Yay, picroda's back, I could finally retrieve this screencap:

Mayu lip-acting can do no wrong.

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2012, 03:37:17 AM »
Subs for episode 2 are out!

http://sub48forum.kevinkwanhk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=381

Raws for all episodes can be found http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=31654.0 uploaded by Amp  :heart:

Choice cap

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2012, 10:39:06 AM »

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2012, 03:01:13 AM »

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2012, 08:05:59 PM »

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2012, 08:47:43 PM »

Saba Doll episode 5
さばドル 120210 第5話

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2012, 10:41:15 PM »
I don't know if I'm drowning in bias or what, but I'm really starting to buy the acting here in a way that I never did for Mendol or the MGs. (AAAAAHHHHHH the cyborg actually did some eye-acting for that "watashi no yume" line) I mean, the rapport she's building with Nashimoto is actually reaching Gokusen levels of quality, for how much I'm buying into it. This without subs, too. I dunno, maybe they just lucked out with the actor for Nashimoto being pretty good, and with great editting at that.

Although, lol the longer this goes on the more I'd rather hear her deep voice than her helium voice. And is it just me, or is her helium voice getting more exaggerated? Don't know if it's because she's losing touch with it from doing her old-woman voice and overcompensating, or if she's just over-exaggerating to fit her drama character.

AHAHAHAHAHA this Chiqichita character gets more amusing every time. Even better than Katsuyuki-san. I can't even tell if he's going to be a serious thing, or a mentor, or what, but I'm not irritated by his appearances, so that's good.

I wonder what storyline they're setting up with the sister here. Jealousy would be too easy, but there's clearly something going on.

What happened with the radio thing and Nashimoto? Completely confused...She was supposed to help hiim with his application for something but her radio show got extended?
Ah well, we got some of Mayu's best "aaauuuuuugghhh"s yet for it.   :wub:

Wait, so she accepts her solo debut and is yet also becoming more dedicated to her teaching job? The message for this show is becoming muddled...

GET THAT BIKE LIKE A BOSS MAYU. CHEW THAT COUPLE OUT LIKE A BAMF. SO MUCH WIN.

What the fuck nose-stalker dude? What the fucking fuck piggyback ride!? This isn't going to be a romantic storyline!? (Although lol that seems to be Mayu's thoughts, too...What the fuck that smile!?  :panic:)

VIVA LA RETURN DE NEZUMI  :pimp:
Man, this show's meta is getting really ridiculous. Love it sfm.

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2012, 10:37:06 PM »
This show is so disgustingly magnificent with the meta. CHEWING GUM. XD Show, you're such an asshole and I love you.

I love that opening montage this episode. Whoever is working on this show, they know their editting shit.

Yeah, it seems that Mayu's teacher persona is looking younger every episode. Is it just a matter of being low on time for the prosthetics or is it intentional?

LOLOLOLOL IS THIS NASHIMOTO STORYLINE SERIOUSLY GOING TO BE ROMANTIC WTF!?

Aahh, Mayu in the office talking to the prez looked stunning, and her age for once! :lol: Really, she's not a loli at all, just incredibly pretty. I know her fandom won't let her grow up so easily, but I really prefer gorgeous!Mayu to loli!Mayu.

Ha, first sister's monologue! It runs in the family after all! I'm glad they're fleshing out her character, and the actress they got is decent. Poor girl, getting cockblocked by Mayu without her even being there. I mean, the dude is shaping up to be the series villain, but still.

Lol so this series is making a point about the necessity of pure idols as role models vs. artists that can date? I mean, they're setting her up on these dates to graduate her out of the idol image for the long run, right?
But ouch, Mayuyu doing this storyline has bad timing for the entire Nacchan situation. Damn.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 02:13:44 AM by Rayle »

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2012, 01:54:54 AM »
That nose-sniffer guy is really freaking me out...

I'm really enjoying Mayu's drama a lot more than I thought I would, though.. I didn't think they'd go in that direction with Nashimoto. :lol: I'd figured they'd go for friendship more or less in student-teacher relations like Azumanga Daioh because that's the only reference that pops into my mind.

This Chiqachita guy is pretty amusing too, I thought in the beginning when he started showing up I would get annoyed with him but he's turning out to be pretty interesting.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 11:15:56 PM by Kid_Alpha »

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ai Shinozaki - OMOIDE NO TAMEIKI