JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Mayonaka to Mahiru no Yume

Author Topic: I Am Legend  (Read 7779 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
I Am Legend
« on: October 24, 2007, 07:40:58 AM »

"A man-made virus wipes out the population of New York City, leaving Robert Neville (Will Smith) the last human survivor in the city and possibly the world. Neville lives alone for three years, attempting to contact and find other possible survivors. He is watched by the Infected, mutant victims of the plague. Neville works to find a way to create a cure using his own immune blood, but he finds himself outnumbered by the Infected and running out of time."

Official site
IMDB

Trailer
[youtube=425,350]8B5o4WkEj5A[/youtube]
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 09:59:09 PM by Masa »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: I Am Legend (Will Smith's vampire flick)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 07:32:51 PM »
GREAT THREAD SON! Whoa, this was a vampire movie? As long as he doesn't have to fuck the dog.

Seeing the trailers on TV a lot too. And it's pretty spine tingling. HURRY FAM! then BOOM! He's all alone. Will Smith never makes a bad movie :pimp:

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 07:36:18 PM »
I remember a book with this exact same title years back, but I never read though.
As far as I remember, the movies premise seems identical to the book.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline prettylovely1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 07:49:52 PM »
I'll bite ( pun intended) I will watch it cause Will is a hottie.
As your enemy I promise to like everything you hate just to annoy you.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 10:48:05 PM »
I read the book.  Rather short, but not very ACTION oriented, just some Hollywood tweaking.  The last man surviving a world full of vampiric zombies.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 05:09:29 AM »
hmmm resident evil with vampires?

Looks pretty interesting though, but don't know if I'll actually go to the theater and watch it.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 02:07:48 PM »
I didn't know this movie is about vampires. Gotta say that fact lowered my expectations :(

coot is ctz

Offline emifebruary

• 大谷雅恵 is love
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 02:44:16 PM »
I adore this book so the movie have to be good  :mon geek:

MELON KINENBI............THE POSSIBLE................WONDER GIRLS
Thanks mini*wheat and genericpaperdoll

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 05:46:48 PM »
I really want to see this.

"Last person left on Earth"-type movies always intrigue me  :yep:

Offline Bleachhh

• Member+
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 01:26:08 AM »
I didn't know this movie is about vampires. Gotta say that fact lowered my expectations :(

I will agree to this, and i've never been a Will Smith fan... actually just Fresh Prince lol.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 02:06:11 AM »
i thought he was awesome in I am Robot

Offline Tom Rocket

• Rocket Minister of the Sub-Neptune Expanse
  • ecchi
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 09:49:56 PM »
The book has been adapted into a movie before but it'll be interesting to see what modern Hollywood does with it.

And if you're curious, here's the full original movie from 1964 starring Vincent Price in the lead and with the rather bland title "The Last Man on Earth."  Though you may not want to watch it if you plan on going to see the Will Smith version and want to keep the plot twists and conclusion a surprise.

The Last Man on Earth
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 09:51:00 PM by Tom Rocket »

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 05:39:17 AM »
Saw it this afternoon.  I didn't see any previews/trailers for it prior, and didn't know anything about it.  I tend to do that now so i have an unbiased opinion. 

Spoilers up ahead.

Anyways, Will Smith is a great actor.  He managed to make a movie entertaining with only 1 human actor for 90% of the whole movie.  Dude got buff, dang.  It was quite interesting, but the pacing of the movie was pretty damn slow.  Its cool to do that for the first part, cuz it kinda shows his everyday life.  But its like, everyday life for 80% of the movie, until the end where all the action happens.

To me, it ended up being a 28 days Later clone.  Virus spreads, evac the city, everyone gets infected, will is the last one standing.  The infected... are all CGI which was quite disappointing.  It wasn't even that great CGI, reminded me of the Mummy 2 when "The Rock" was the scorpion king...  They didn't really have to use CGI either, they didn't even do much.  Also, they were like, super strong.  They shoulda made the infected more reckless and chaotic.

There was a few things i wish they developed on, like how the Infected were not devolving like he said they were.  They learned how to use traps.  Unless I'm wrong.  But yeah.  It just happened, and thats it.

So, the end 1/2 hour was pretty intense, when they find out where he lived.  But the end end was kinda bleh...  Overall, i' give it a 7.  It's an enjoyable movie.

End

PLUS!!!!!!

THEY SHOWED A TRAILER FOR THE DARK KNIGHT!  IT LOOKS AWESOME.  IT DOESN'T EVEN LOOK LIKE ITS MR. BROKEBACK HEATH LEDGER.  THEY MADE HIM PRETTY BADASS!  SOO GOOD!
word.

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007, 06:49:01 AM »
Just saw it, and it was amazing.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 12:04:10 PM »
Is the ending like the book?  Someone tell me.

Offline hide321

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Jreggae respect
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2007, 04:18:02 PM »
I saw it last night and loved this film.  I was really engaged by it.  Only a great actor could've pulled this type of film off, which obviously Smith is.  Great way to end off the year.  Not a movie for the ADD crowd (because of its appropriate deliberate slow pacing), but for everyone else I'd recommend it.  Also, for those who feel bad about the fact it's a vampire film (which is only conceptual), it is as much a vampire film as 28 Days Later was a zombie film (which is to say, clearly "vampire" aspect of the film is just a vehicle for what the director was really trying to do with this film).  Great movie.

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2007, 05:21:33 PM »
I thought this movie was SHIT!!
It was boring, slow, could swear it was made by Disney, cause it's just a kiddy flick..
And how the fuck did the lions and deers did there?!?! Swim over, or did they pick the locks at the zoo??
Also hated the way he would talk to mannequins, kinda like being alone for 1000days make a person mentally retarded, or something.. Give me a fuckin' break..

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2007, 05:27:48 PM »
It was enjoyable. I didn't spoil myself (I had forgotten about it and just went with friends). It was enjoyable. The movie suffered from some minor pacing issues. The plot was also dependent on chance ([bgcolor=#000000]e.g. the chick just happens to arrive the day after his dog dies. The cure just happens to start working on that day. etc.[/bgcolor])

The lions escaped from the zoo. Real animals do that. (Google for Snow Monkeys in Texas). If they weren't getting fed, the lions would escape their enclosures. Upstate New York is swarming with deer. They're a major public nuisance. They're also good swimmers. It's relatively trivial for a deer from any of the surrounding countryside to swim across the Hudson.

The mannequin thing was a little tortured - but I think 3 years without any human contact would lead to mental problems. I get antsy after a week.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: I Am Legend
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2007, 09:20:16 AM »

I saw it Saturday. Yeah...SPOILERS AHEAD

Pretty intense, kinda disappointed with the lack of any real action. Just a lonely guy, I get it. Poor Sam. :(

That saying, Will Smith can sure fuckin act. Him and the dog? And the latino babe comes in with a change of tight ass tank tops and HE DIDNT FUCK HER!! And cuz of her, the vampires chase em kill him. He didn't wanna fuck?? Just wanted to spread Bob Marley wisdom? Damn, that's good acting.

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
Re: I Am Legend
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2007, 11:21:03 AM »
He was fuckin ripped innit! Damn!
[/url]

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Mayonaka to Mahiru no Yume