JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tahiti - Hasta Luego

Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 480390 times)

Offline huggumwuggums

• さゆみのLOVEマシーン
  • Member+
  • Soo Young = My genie
Re: Tech-related problems
« Reply #1340 on: December 06, 2007, 06:54:15 AM »
Is there a way to limit the bandwith on certain computers using a router? My PC seems to be hogging the line.

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1341 on: December 06, 2007, 09:59:23 AM »
@BigDnm01: you'll also need Real Alternative or use a codec pack like K-Lite. (rmvb = Real Media video)

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1342 on: December 06, 2007, 10:44:22 AM »
Is there a way to limit the bandwith on certain computers using a router? My PC seems to be hogging the line.
If that is because of torrents, you BT client should have a limit upload and/or download speed (KB/second) option.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #1343 on: December 06, 2007, 11:24:13 PM »
just got FiOS and apparently my ISP blocks jpopsuki... anyone know how to run utorrent through a proxy so i can still DL mah shit? D:

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1344 on: December 06, 2007, 11:36:49 PM »
just got FiOS and apparently my ISP blocks jpopsuki... anyone know how to run utorrent through a proxy so i can still DL mah shit? D:

Welcome to the club!!!  :D

If you can use a proxy to get to their website, the torrents will usually download without having to go through a proxy themselves.  A simple web proxy like hidemyass will you get you there just fine.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 11:38:20 PM by LaJon »

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #1345 on: December 07, 2007, 12:03:57 AM »
yeah i can get to the site through web proxy and dl the .torrent, but when i load it up in utorrent it stays red and DLs really slow. tracker status says offline (timed out)

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
« Reply #1346 on: December 07, 2007, 12:39:24 AM »
It's not your ISP blocking it, it's the IP range of the IP they gave you.  There are several threads about it in the forums, I just explained it the other day in this one: http://mullemeck.serveftp.org/jps_beta/forum/viewtopic.php?t=80310  The problem is that there's only one admin that can fix the problem and he's permanently MIA these days.  You can use DHT like LaJon said, but if you want to connect directly you'll have to use a proxy service like http://www.http-tunnel.com/html/solutions/http_tunnel/client.asp or similar.

Or fly to Sweden and get ahold of yespa long enough so he can fix some things.

Not with most routers.  There are a number of linksys ones that you can load a third party firmware based off linux onto.  It adds a bunch of features including good QoS for limiting by port/mac address/IP/service/etc.

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1347 on: December 07, 2007, 12:50:25 AM »
yeah i can get to the site through web proxy and dl the .torrent, but when i load it up in utorrent it stays red and DLs really slow. tracker status says offline (timed out)

About 90% of the torrents I get from JPS work and at full speed, but it'll say the tracker is offline.  Other torrents, like Gakkou e Ikkou MAX! never seem to work for me through uTorrent.  On the other hand, if you use the download manager FlashGet, you can download torrents off of JPS just like normal, but that program uses as much memory as a friggin video game, so I try to stay away from using it. x_x

I hope the issue gets fixed someday, cause I hate having to go through some ghetto web proxy with pop-ups and ads all over the place.  Also been a lot of things I'd like to post there, but I doubt it'd work, or not work well. e_e
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 01:01:14 AM by LaJon »

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #1348 on: December 07, 2007, 01:03:18 AM »
thanks for all the info svs and lajon! hopefully that admin returns someday XD

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
« Reply #1349 on: December 07, 2007, 10:04:49 AM »
About 90% of the torrents I get from JPS work and at full speed, but it'll say the tracker is offline.  Other torrents, like Gakkou e Ikkou MAX! never seem to work for me through uTorrent.  On the other hand, if you use the download manager FlashGet, you can download torrents off of JPS just like normal, but that program uses as much memory as a friggin video game, so I try to stay away from using it. x_x
Nermal makes her torrents as private ones, so you can't use DHT with them.  If FlashGet lets you use DHT with them anyways then it's a bad client and doing something it's not supposed to -_-

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1350 on: December 07, 2007, 01:41:07 PM »
Nermal makes her torrents as private ones, so you can't use DHT with them.  If FlashGet lets you use DHT with them anyways then it's a bad client and doing something it's not supposed to -_-

Yeah, I never understood how I was able to do it with FlashGet and not with uTorrent.  Shame too, cause Gakkou e Ikkou MAX! was one of my favorite shows to download, and I haven't been able to watch it in so long.  If it was the same with other shows like Utaban or Mechaike then I'd have to get friends to download it for me to keep my sanity. e_e
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 01:56:51 PM by LaJon »

Offline doinkies

• Wotadoink
  • Member+
  • Reinadoinkies! <3
« Reply #1351 on: December 07, 2007, 05:37:35 PM »
This is weird...I've never had these problems with JPS before and I use uTorrent. Then again I don't think my IP is blocked.

Av and sig courtesy of genericpaperdoll! ~ H!P fangirl since 2001!
Click my dragons!

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #1352 on: December 07, 2007, 10:55:52 PM »
lajon, when you let the torrents run anyway, does it upload at all? i'd like to keep my ratio and the only thing id still need to get from jps is musicstation... i usually seed it for a long time

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
« Reply #1353 on: December 07, 2007, 11:26:51 PM »
This is weird...I've never had these problems with JPS before and I use uTorrent. Then again I don't think my IP is blocked.
Verizon FIOS, some Rogers Cable (mostly in Toronto), and some Hong Kong (or possibly Singapore, I forget now) users are the only people that have come up as being affected so far.

If it's worth money to you then http://www.http-tunnel.com/html/solutions/http_tunnel/client.asp will fix it for 5$/month or less.  The really cool kids split a dedicated linux server and use that for all their torrenting, which also avoids it nicely.

And if you're downloading via DHT only, then no stats are going to the tracker at all.  It won't matter whether you seed for weeks or delete the torrent instantly, no upload will be added to your profile.  On the flip side, no download will be added either.  Your ratio will be permanently frozen.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #1354 on: December 08, 2007, 12:19:37 AM »
I downloaded the CCCP package and have no idea what I should next to get my .srt files to work even though they are on a dvd. can someone please help me:(

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #1355 on: December 08, 2007, 02:21:59 AM »
thanks svs, i guess ill just have to get ms through flashget

EDIT
on 2nd thought forget, flashget was slow as fuck... ill guess ill jsut learn to live w/o music station D:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 03:09:46 AM by tenkei »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1356 on: December 08, 2007, 03:39:03 AM »
I downloaded the CCCP package and have no idea what I should next to get my .srt files to work even though they are on a dvd. can someone please help me:(
What format is the video? ISO? DVD rip (i.e. .AVI)? An actual DVD disc?

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #1357 on: December 08, 2007, 03:57:00 AM »
^^ it's on .avi format, but the episodes are burned onto a disc

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1358 on: December 08, 2007, 04:03:37 AM »
^^ it's on .avi format, but the episodes are burned onto a disc
Ah. So the .AVI files are on a disc, but the .SRT files are on your computer? If that's the case I don't think that they'll show, since you won't have both files in the same starting location. In order to show the subs both files must be together in the same directory. Since you already have the videos burned you want to keep them right? In that case you might as well just copy the videos back onto your computer, and then re-burn them AND the .SRT onto a new disc (again, making sure that the video and SRT file both have exactly the same filename).

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1359 on: December 08, 2007, 10:24:52 AM »
^ Sorry dude, but that's not true..

You can just keep the subs on the PC, and direct VobSub to that directory.. (or directories in my case)

Just make sure to rename the .srt files to match the .avi ones..

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tahiti - Hasta Luego