JPHiP Radio (8/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Thee Michelle Gun Elephant - Get Up Lucy

Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 486242 times)

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
Re: Tech-related problems
« Reply #1560 on: May 30, 2008, 10:50:10 AM »
hmmm I searched a bit and could only really find stuff from a couple years ago, most seemed to be from different things from errors in code in the forum itself with quick-posts, skins/themes, or PM's.

It also seems php has many problems with Google Web Accelerator, so maybe if you're using that or any similar thing.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #1561 on: May 30, 2008, 05:54:03 PM »
hmmm I searched a bit and could only really find stuff from a couple years ago, most seemed to be from different things from errors in code in the forum itself with quick-posts, skins/themes, or PM's.

It also seems php has many problems with Google Web Accelerator, so maybe if you're using that or any similar thing.

I don't think I have that Google Web Accelerator, and this is a problem with all phpBB forums I'm apart of. I can understand if it's happening to just one, but yeah...

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #1562 on: May 31, 2008, 07:37:35 AM »
hmmm... does it happen in all browsers, if it only happens on one particular browser maybe you can try uninstalling it and delete all saved settings and then re-installing. But if it happens in all browsers I have no idea what else you can do.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #1563 on: May 31, 2008, 09:09:05 AM »
^ Yup, it happens with all my browsers. Flock, Firefox and IE.

Oh well..

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #1564 on: June 03, 2008, 07:40:47 PM »
Sorry to double-post, but how come whenever I try to play a .mov file using Quicktime, all that works is the sound and I just see blank on the 'screen'?

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1565 on: June 04, 2008, 07:14:04 AM »
^ Probably another codec/splitter has taken over?
Try Quicktime-alternative or the newest VistaCodecPack (that has quicktime and realplayer codecs included now)

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1566 on: June 04, 2008, 07:23:07 AM »
Can anyone suggest me a good video graphic card at a $200 +/- price range?
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline Rick-e

• **Gaki Lover**
  • Member+
« Reply #1567 on: June 09, 2008, 05:16:28 AM »
Got a(nother) problem with my vista. now it can't detect any new usb device T_T anything i've previously used works fine, but anything new is always unusable. what happens is:

1. when i plug the device (flash drive, ipod, gamepad, etc) it will show a "found new hardware" box (which usually doesn't happen, usually it's plug n play).

2. so I chose "locate and install driver software" (obviously) but then it'll ask for a disc that comes with your hardware (yeah, as if flash drives comes with driver discs). so the next thing I tried is to browse my computer for the software.
some forums said that you need to search in c:\windows\system32, and then vista will find the driver, so i did that.

3. but THEN a screen pops out saying "windows found a driver software for your device but encountered problem while installing it"...

*sobs* anyone knows a solution for this? i've tried deleting INFCACHE.1 but it doesn't help. I guess if nothing works i could just reinstall the whole thing, but that's sooo troublesome and I'd rather not do it :(

Gaki-san 大好き!

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1568 on: June 09, 2008, 07:25:05 AM »
3. but THEN a screen pops out saying "windows found a driver software for your device but encountered problem while installing it"...
Aside from that you did cold-boot your machine before you retried connecting the flash-drive.
Does the above have an error code that tells more about the problem it had?

Did you check what you installed between when it still worked and now?
Did you check for spyware/virusses?
Did you check if maybe you have one of the burn-programs that are notorius for interfering installed?

Offline Rick-e

• **Gaki Lover**
  • Member+
« Reply #1569 on: June 12, 2008, 04:48:03 AM »
sorry for the late reply. well i even tried cold-booting my notebook with the device plugged in. nothing.

the error box that appears is like this:

which is weird because I know the driver file is there (i.e usbstor for flash drives)

I don't think I've installed/uninstalled anything in those times.... I did windows update everyday but that's about it. I scanned my whole system for viruses & spywares...

and burn programs, do you mean program to burn data to disc? I just use toshiba disc creator...

Gaki-san 大好き!

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1570 on: June 12, 2008, 07:12:58 AM »
^ that message is complaining about a HID (Human Interface Device), not about flash/usb drives.

It has a problem finding the driver for 'WingMan Action Pad', try downloading a new version of it.

Offline Rick-e

• **Gaki Lover**
  • Member+
« Reply #1571 on: June 12, 2008, 08:35:49 PM »
^yeah, i was trying my gamepad at the time. but the same message appears when I try a flash drive.

Gaki-san 大好き!

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #1572 on: June 19, 2008, 08:27:10 AM »
Is there any way to delete the list of past e-mail addresses that sometimes pop up on MSN when I try to sign in? I tried re-installing MSN, but I guess the info is stored in my PC somewhere.

Offline Rick-e

• **Gaki Lover**
  • Member+
« Reply #1573 on: June 19, 2008, 10:29:08 AM »
Finally I reinstalled my whole system. now everything works perfect! it took me around 2 hours just backing up my data, haha goes to show how messy my harddisk is... I've got file everywhere...

Btw anyone knows what's the difference between K-lite codec pack and k-lite mega codec pack? I usually just use the k-lite codec pack... what codec pack do you guys use?

Is there any way to delete the list of past e-mail addresses that sometimes pop up on MSN when I try to sign in? I tried re-installing MSN, but I guess the info is stored in my PC somewhere.

you mean the msn messenger? if you want to erase other email adresses just click the "forget me" text that is below the "remember me" checkbox, that should stop the email from popping up ^_^

Gaki-san 大好き!

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1574 on: June 19, 2008, 12:34:01 PM »
^ I'm using the VistaCodecPack which works very nice in combination with MediaController and the VistaMediaCenter (resume avi files)

Now also plays .flv and .rmvb files directly ( at least compared the the privious install I had of it)

Offline Rick-e

• **Gaki Lover**
  • Member+
« Reply #1575 on: June 19, 2008, 01:53:07 PM »
^does it work well with windows media player and media player classic as well? I might give it a try... it's this one, right?

this one?

Gaki-san 大好き!

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1576 on: June 19, 2008, 07:04:20 PM »
^ yup, MP I do not really use anymore (it might try to accuire a license if you are not carefull) but works with MPC and MPC-HC no problem.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1577 on: June 19, 2008, 10:47:32 PM »
I used to use K-Lite, but a few months ago I switched to CCCP. Does the same job, and does it with fewer bits so there's less chance of something messing up.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1578 on: June 20, 2008, 07:17:47 AM »
^ I tried CCCP but it didn't work with MediaController in Vista

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #1579 on: June 20, 2008, 08:36:45 AM »
Does anyone how to make gifs from a screensaver?

JPHiP Radio (8/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Thee Michelle Gun Elephant - Get Up Lucy