Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 486232 times)

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
Re: Tech-related problems
« Reply #2080 on: July 11, 2009, 04:54:55 AM »
whats the best site to change iso's to avi format or to make several files into one?

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2081 on: July 11, 2009, 05:47:10 AM »
whats the best site to change iso's to avi format or to make several files into one?
This might be what you need dude. If you have the ISO file then getting the VOBs from them is as easy as just extracting them as if they were in a RAR file.
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=2771.0

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #2082 on: July 11, 2009, 05:57:28 AM »
^^ ok..honestly, I have no idea what i'm going to do without screwing the whole video of mine up

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2083 on: July 11, 2009, 06:32:38 AM »
So what? It's not like you can never try again. With GK I can almost guarantee you'll get something wrong the first time. It's a little on the complex side but is a great set of tools. If you want easy, try AutoGK. It's seriously point and click as soon as you get the VOB files in the open, which is pretty easy too. Only downside to it is you can't fine tune a lot of stuff.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #2084 on: July 12, 2009, 10:44:10 PM »
one more question(hopefully): what's a good program to use to change some music files(that are .rar) and turn them into music you can play in the car?

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2085 on: July 12, 2009, 11:31:35 PM »
^
The RAR file just acts like a briefcase, it merely holds the files securely for you. You can just use WinRAR, WinZIP, or 7Zip (googling any of them will lead you to easy DL links if you don't have them already) to extract the music files from the RAR file.

As for burning, if you already have a program like Nero that you use to burn video files onto disc you can easily use it to burn music CDs.

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2086 on: July 14, 2009, 11:04:46 PM »
I use DeepBurner. Nice and simple. For rar files you need to extract them and then there's probably mp3 file if it's an audio file to begin with.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2087 on: July 21, 2009, 10:12:54 PM »
I need help with my Sansa Fuze 8GB. 

I was formatting it, but something happened, I disconnected it and now whenever I reconnect it, it says "FAT is corrupted, reconnect to PC to recover FAT". 
but now whenever I connect it to the PC using USB, the message still stays and my PC can't read it, it says USB device not recognize.  Apparently there are several others with the same problem, but I tried their way and it doesn't work. 
I need help. 

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2088 on: July 22, 2009, 07:01:27 PM »
I need help with my Sansa Fuze 8GB. 

I was formatting it, but something happened, I disconnected it and now whenever I reconnect it, it says "FAT is corrupted, reconnect to PC to recover FAT". 
but now whenever I connect it to the PC using USB, the message still stays and my PC can't read it, it says USB device not recognize.  Apparently there are several others with the same problem, but I tried their way and it doesn't work. 
I need help. 

Hm, formatting a music player??
You might have destroit the partion information, maybe you can try and re-init (reset to factory settings) it on the player?

I see a 'Format' entry on the Systems settings of the Sansa Fuze I have.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2089 on: July 23, 2009, 06:00:12 AM »
^well I can't access anything since it always show that message.  thanks anyway.

BUT!  After connecting and disconnecting the USB 20-50 times, I finally have the comp recognized and format it.  now it works!  so.... problem solved.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2090 on: July 23, 2009, 06:24:01 AM »
More of a query than an actual problem. I've just gotten Firefox Version 3.5.1 and I've noticed that when I have multiple tabs open, there's a little button off to the right that FF never had before that is apparently for opening new tabs.

I don't really need this button at all because the All-In-One Gestures extension which I have gives me the ability to open up a new tab by just holding down my right mouse key and moving my mouse upwards. So, I was just wondering if anyone knew of a way to remove/hide this button? 

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #2091 on: July 23, 2009, 11:03:29 AM »
hmm can't find it in about:config but here's an extension https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/10535

Or you can add this to userChrome.css

Code: [Select]
.tabs-newbutton-box
{
display: none !important;
}

Not sure exactly where that file is since I'm on a mac at the moment.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 11:06:57 AM by StreakInTheSky »

Offline Comrade

• Master of the FujiGoto Yogurt Technique
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2092 on: July 23, 2009, 06:26:21 PM »
Sup, people.  I'd like to ask for a bit of help if possible.  My wireless internet completely fails after a few hours (sometimes a few minutes) of use.  Have to turn the whole thing off and then back on.  With a little luck, it works again for a few minutes.  Now I know lotsa people keep theirs on 24/7 with few problems.  We're fed up and want to get a new router.  Can anybody recommend a reliable one that does not overheat constantly and that does not need to be turned off after 5 seconds of use?

What I have right now:

Network Everywhere 2.4GHZ 802.11b wireless cable/dsl router.  Model NWR04B
http://www.amazon.com/Network-Everywhere-NWR04B-Wireless-B-Access/dp/B00008BLEB

Thanks for taking the time to read this. =)
Sweet dreams, Jab.  Love you forever.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2093 on: July 23, 2009, 08:09:08 PM »
hmm can't find it in about:config but here's an extension https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/10535

Or you can add this to userChrome.css

Code: [Select]
.tabs-newbutton-box
{
display: none !important;
}

Not sure exactly where that file is since I'm on a mac at the moment.
Don't have userChrome.uss so that was a bust. Fortunately the extension worked like a charm. Thanks SITS. :thumbsup

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #2094 on: July 23, 2009, 10:51:04 PM »
Sup, people.  I'd like to ask for a bit of help if possible.  My wireless internet completely fails after a few hours (sometimes a few minutes) of use.  Have to turn the whole thing off and then back on.  With a little luck, it works again for a few minutes.  Now I know lotsa people keep theirs on 24/7 with few problems.  We're fed up and want to get a new router.  Can anybody recommend a reliable one that does not overheat constantly and that does not need to be turned off after 5 seconds of use?

What I have right now:

Network Everywhere 2.4GHZ 802.11b wireless cable/dsl router.  Model NWR04B
http://www.amazon.com/Network-Everywhere-NWR04B-Wireless-B-Access/dp/B00008BLEB

Thanks for taking the time to read this. =)

I had that same problem with a cheap d-link router. But since then upgraded to a more expensive model and everything is fine.

I don't really know much about wireless access points. but this one seems to be a reliable choice for people. Though it's a bit old and dated http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-WAP54G-Wireless-G-Access-Point/dp/B00007KDVJ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1248381272&sr=8-1

if you want something newer there's this one http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-DAP1522-GigaBit-Selectable-Wireless/dp/B001769K3O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1248381379&sr=8-1

that d-link is like my current router but has newer tech and is an access point. So it's probably reliable.

Offline Comrade

• Master of the FujiGoto Yogurt Technique
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2095 on: July 24, 2009, 12:58:31 AM »
Thanks so much, SITS.  We're probably going to go out and get a new one within the next few days.  The second link looks tasty... Not that I know much about techi things. =P
Sweet dreams, Jab.  Love you forever.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #2096 on: July 28, 2009, 01:04:27 PM »
I can't sign into YM all of a sudden.

I can sign into my e-mail via my browser, but through messenger it tells me to try again. This has been a problem for nearly a month now..

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #2097 on: July 28, 2009, 01:15:19 PM »

I can sign into my e-mail via my browser, but through messenger it tells me to try again. This has been a problem for nearly a month now..
try to log in through http://www.meebo.com/
does it work ?

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #2098 on: July 28, 2009, 01:25:27 PM »
Never mind, I think there was just something wrong with my account? It's weird.

I made a new one and I can sign in just fine, I can't anymore with my old one. And yeah, I tried meebo before and it worked there. Double weird.

Offline hiyokokun

• _.-= ERI ♥ AI =-._
  • Member+
  • i don't trust u
« Reply #2099 on: July 31, 2009, 01:06:02 AM »

That reminds me, one of my friend also had this problem.
He said after he enter his email on his iPhone, suddenly his account cannot be used.
he can't log in into two of his account...