JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Sugar Baby Love

Author Topic: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (41/41 END) [WMatsui] - REPLIES  (Read 310995 times)

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Faithful WMatsui shipper
    • sophcaro
Hello everyone!   :welcome

You'll find in this topic HEARTBEAT, my WMatsui multichaptered trilogy:

Book 1: Heartbeat (finished - 20 chapters, 77 000 words)
Book 2: Partners (finished - 23 chapters, 94 000 words)
Book 3: Destiny (finished - 41 chapters, 200 000 words)

Story: Jurina, 17 years old and ace of SKE48, struggles with her feelings when she discovers she has fallen for Rena, the girl who shares the same surname and the other star of the idol group. Will she find the courage to confess her feelings?

The characters of this story are: Jurina Matsui, Rena Matsui, Mayu Watanabe, Yuki Kashiwagi, Akane Takayanagi, Airi Furukawa.

It's a WMatsui-centric fanfic, but there will also be a bit of MaYuki as a minor pairing, and some RenAiri, RenaYuki, JuriChuri, JuriMayu friendship moments. Other characters will also make an appearance!

I'm also posting this trilogy on my writing tumblr and at Archive of our Own.

Posters of Heartbeat and Partners by Chibi-mimi. Poster of Destiny by Bukiyou Taiyou. Thanks to both of them for their creations!

Videos: Heartbeat trailer, Partners trailer and Destiny trailer. Beware of the spoilers if you haven't read the story yet!

Since March 2016, I have a Twitter account dedicated to my fanfics where I post drafts, sneak peeks and updates :)

If you enjoy reading my fictions, please let me know by leaving a 'thank you' or/and a comment. I love to hear people's thoughts, their favorite moments & scenes, their intuitions, guesses etc. I really enjoy writing, but it's still something I do on my free time and I spend a great amount of time and work on each chapter. That's why positive feedback/comments/encouragements are welcomed and give me motivation to keep on!

HEARTBEAT

Chapter 1 - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 - Chapter 4 - Chapter 5 - Chapter 6 - Chapter 7 - Chapter 8 - Chapter 9 - Chapter 10 - Chapter 11 - Chapter 12 - Chapter 13 - Chapter 14 - Chapter 15 - Chapter 16 - Chapter 17 - Chapter 18 - Chapter 19 - Chapter 20 part1 - Chapter 20 part2 END

PARTNERS

Chapter 1 - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 - Chapter 4 - Chapter 5 - Chapter 6 - Chapter 7 - Chapter 8 - Chapter 9 - Chapter 10 - Chapter 11 - Chapter 12 - Chapter 13 - Chapter 14 - Chapter 15 - Chapter 16 - Chapter 17 - Chapter 18 - Chapter 19 - Chapter 20 - Chapter 21 - Chapter 22 - Chapter 23 END

DESTINY

CHAPTER 1 - CHAPTER 2 - CHAPTER 3 - CHAPTER 4 - CHAPTER 5 - CHAPTER 6 - CHAPTER 7 - CHAPTER 8 - CHAPTER 9 - CHAPTER 10 - CHAPTER 11 - CHAPTER 12 - CHAPTER 13 - CHAPTER 14 - CHAPTER 15 - CHAPTER 16 - CHAPTER 17 - CHAPTER 18 - CHAPTER 19 - CHAPTER 20 - CHAPTER 21 - CHAPTER 22 - CHAPTER 23 - CHAPTER 24 - CHAPTER 25 - CHAPTER 26 - CHAPTER 27 - CHAPTER 28 - CHAPTER 29 - CHAPTER 30 - CHAPTER 31 - CHAPTER 32 - CHAPTER 33 - CHAPTER 34 - CHAPTER 35 - CHAPTER 36 - CHAPTER 37 - CHAPTER 38 - CHAPTER 39 - CHAPTER 40 PART 1 - CHAPTER 40 PART 2 - EPILOGUE

HEARTBEAT
by Sophcaro

Prologue

Jurina tries her best to smile at the photographer, despite not being in the mood for it. She's doing a photoshoot with Rena and has to - like always - act like they are close. She used to love it before when she arrived in SKE and was just a kid. She would tease Rena and try to hug and kiss her every time she had a chance. However, she was now seventeen and things had changed. She couldn't stand being close to her anymore. When did their relationship change so much?

Jurina never really understood why management decided to make them work together. They had nothing in common. Jurina was lively when Rena was shy. Jurina craved for physical contact when Rena loathed it. At first, Rena's reactions amused her when she tried to avoid a kiss or a hug. It became a game for her as well as a challenge, and she took every given opportunity to try and surprise her into a hug.

It rarely worked. Rena usually saw it coming and dodged at the last minute. Jurina really tried to bond with the girl. Of course, there was a six-year gap between them, but she admired Rena. Rena was a workaholic, always focused on her work. Jurina learned a lot from just looking at her. Despite her best efforts, Rena always rejected her and Jurina came to the conclusion that they would never really be friends.

Jurina always believed that Rena didn't like physical contact, that's why she couldn't believe her eyes when she saw Rena hug Airi a few months ago. Even worth, she would let the girl hug her in return. That's when something changed in Jurina. Before that, she never really thought twice about Rena's rejections. Now, it was a different story. She took it personally and felt hurt.

Three months had passed since that day and the aching had not faded. She didn't really know why it bothered her so much, after all, they were not really friends. However, she couldn't stand watching Rena and Airi interact together and avoided them as much as possible. She would stay as professional as usual during shootings and interviews, but the teasing towards Rena had stopped. In fact, she would avoid eye contact and always have a fake smile on her face. Working with Rena was becoming more and more difficult, but she couldn't do anything about it.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 11:19:13 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing
- One Shot collection: Her Sun | Completed
- Fire and Water | On hiatus

Offline River1721

• Member+
Re: Heartbeat [wmatsui]
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 01:04:03 AM »
Its great and interesting :k-great:
Jurina doesn't notice it yet, but she is somewhat feeling jealous of Rena and Airin's closeness  :mon sweat:
I wonder if Rena noticed Jurina's change of behavior towards her? :mon huh:
Do continue ~  :kneelbow:
Also, Welcome~  :welcome

Offline oshima zelo

• ecchi
  • kami-oshi : matsui jurina
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 05:17:13 AM »
pleasee to continue it    :kneelbow:

this is nice idea for the story between jurina - rena - airin :on GJ:

cant wait for the next chapter and also welcome  :hee:

Offline Kirozoro

• Member+
  • WMatsui, Atsumina, Mayuki couple forever!!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 02:52:16 PM »
Interesting start

Continue please

Offline Zita

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 05:12:35 PM »
This sounds interesting XD
Next please
KAMI OSHI: MATSUI RENA

http://kecha94.tumblr.com/

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
Re: Heartbeat [wmatsui] chapter 1
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 07:30:51 PM »
Thank you for commenting!

Here's chapter 1 :)

CHAPTER 1

The photoshoot is becoming more and more painful. Rena is acting like her usual safe, while Jurina is hoping time could pass more quickly. When the photographer announces the end, Jurina sighs in relief, thanking him before going straight to the dressing room. After such a tiring day, she only wishes for one thing: to go home and sleep.

Rena enters the room a few minutes later, and they both get change in silence. The door opens a while later on Airi who smiles at both of them.

"Hello!"

Jurina turns around and welcomes her with a polite smile, while Rena hugs Airi as she approaches.

"What are you doing here?" Rena asks, surprised to see her.

"I knew you had a photoshoot late today, and I thought maybe we could eat dinner together," Airi suggests, a hopeful smile on her lips.

"Of course," Rena answers.

Jurina watches them interact from afar before averting her eyes, annoyed by the sudden pang in her chest. When she’s finally in her own clothes she quickly gathers her things and makes her way to the door, after saying goodbye. As Rena meets her eyes she finds her smile a bit fake but doesn’t think too much of it, thinking the younger girl may be just tired. Once the young ace is gone Rena comes out of her musing as Airi calls her name, before narrating her day at the girl’s demand.

Jurina is about to take a cab to go home when her phone rings. Quickly grabbing the device from her bag, her mouth tugs into a smile at the view of the caller ID.

"Hi Mayu!"

"Hi Jurina. Is your photoshoot over?"

"Yes it is. I was about to go home. Why?"

"Are you free? Yuki is cooking tonight, and she asked me to invite you home."

Jurina hesitates. She is really tired, and craves for a good night sleep. Just as she’s about to decline she watches Rena and Airi leaving the photography studio, Airi’s left hand attached to Rena’s arm. They are talking while walking down the street, probably heading to the restaurant and don’t notice Jurina, too engrossed in their conversation. Meanwhile, Mayu is still patiently waiting for Jurina’s answer, that comes shortly after that.

"Yes, I’ll be there soon."

Yuki and Mayu have been sharing an apartment for six months now. They quickly became friends in AKB, and now spent a lot of time together. When Yuki had asked Mayu to move in with her, she had quickly answered yes. Jurina had been to their apartment a few times now, as Mayu was her best friend. At first, she didn’t really speak with Yuki as she didn’t know much about her, but it didn’t take too long before she started to enjoy her company. Mayu and Yuki were really different but, somehow, that didn’t prevent them from being very close. Jurina really envied their relationship. She sometimes wished her relationship with Rena could have followed the same path. 

The girl is lost in thoughts when the apartment’s door suddenly opens. She is greeted by Mayu’s smile, who urges her to come in. A pleasant smell immediately reaches Jurina’s nostrils, and she smiles in amusement when she manages to guess what Yuki is cooking. Yuki, wearing an apron, waves at her from the kitchen, and Mayu invites Jurina to sit down at the dinner table.

"I see Yuki is cooking your favorite dish," Jurina affirms.

"Yes, well…" Mayu’s voice trails off, averting slightly her gaze shyly, before changing the subject with a barely contained eagerness, "How did your photoshoot with Rena go?"

Jurina’s smile immediately falters. She agreed to have dinner with her two friends to forget about Rena, not wanting to stay alone at home as her parents were away, but was already reminded of her.

"Did something happen?" Mayu asks, noticing Jurina’s sudden change of mood.

"No, nothing. It went smoothly, as always," Jurina replies swiftly, averting her questioning eyes.

"You know you can’t lie to me. I’m the cyborg girl, not you," Mayu grumbles, annoyed at her younger friend’s behavior.

A sudden laugh diverts their attention and both girls turn to look at Yuki who’s now bringing the food.

"It’s true. Mayu is good at hiding her emotions. Not you," Yuki chides, setting a plate of chicken on the table.

"I’m just tired," Jurina sighs, grabbing her chopsticks and starting to put food on her plate at Yuki’s invitation.

As silence progressively fills the room Jurina looks up curiously, noticing that her friends are staring at her and not eating. Obviously, they are expecting a better explanation, and she exhales deeply, placing her chopsticks on her plate.

"I don’t know how to act around her anymore," Jurina admits.

Yuki raises a confused eyebrow before starting to eat, while Mayu continues to stare at her. Jurina avoids her best friend’s scrutinizing as best she can, feeling a bit ashamed of what she just admitted. She didn’t really mean to utter those words, but as the uneasy feeling has been nagging her for a while now, she can’t help but feel a bit relieved to finally have it off her chest. At her declaration the room stays silent anew and Jurina resumes eating, starting to believe her words won’t get any response.

"What do you mean?" Mayu asks, absently bringing food to her mouth.

"Our relationship has changed a lot lately. We used to get along and spend a lot of time together but now, not so much," Jurina answers.

"Well, you always work together. It’s normal sometimes to want some space," Yuki explains, "plus, you both are really different."

"You both are too. It doesn’t prevent you from being close," Jurina retorts.

Yuki and Mayu turn to each other and share a brief shy smile, before avoiding Jurina’s eyes and focusing on their food. Jurina raises a curious eyebrow at their sudden odd behavior, failing to find an explanation to it, her features contorting in surprise when Yuki starts to fidget in her seat, and Mayu clears her throat nervously. Her words obviously triggered this whole strange scene she’s witnessing, but she has no idea why. Her eyes then stay on Mayu as she expects her to give an explanation, but none leaves her lips.

"I wouldn’t be too worried about it. I’m sure you’ll reconnect soon," Mayu affirms, her steady gaze back on the younger girl.

"I wouldn’t count on it with Airi in the way," Jurina shakes her head, before widening her eyes when she realizes what she just said. She never intended to let that name leave her lips. It seems her weariness is playing tricks on her.

"Airi, what about her?" Yuki frowns, all trace of her previous uneasiness forgotten.

Jurina closes her eyes and sighs, realizing what she just got herself into. It seems it wasn’t such a good idea to confide in her friends, after all. Plus, she wouldn’t even know how to explain this uneasy feeling she has been having for a while.

"I’m sorry, but can we just drop the subject?" Jurina pleads.

Mayu looks at her carefully, pondering if she should insist or not. Obviously, something is really bothering her younger friend, otherwise she would never have mentioned it. Just as Mayu is about to open her mouth to question her she feels a gentle hand on her shoulder and she tilts her head to Yuki curiously, watching her as she slowly shakes her head. It’s almost as if Yuki managed to read her mind, and disagreed with her prying.

"Fine, you’re off the hook for tonight," Mayu says, half regretting backing away, "instead, you’ll have to listen to how boring our day was."

Jurina chuckles at Mayu’s dramatic tone, not missing the way Yuki rolls her eyes in amusement. Mayu starts her narration of the day and Jurina progressively relaxes as her mind gets freed from worried thoughts.

TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 10:53:09 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline everyday48

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • HKT48!♡
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 08:17:36 PM »
WOAHH ANOTHER WMATSUI FIC :ptam-shy:
ITS SO GREAT!!!
I LIKE THE STORYLINE~
CONTINUE PLEASEEE
めるの笑顔

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
Re: Heartbeat [wmatsui] Chapter 1
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 10:29:43 PM »
wiiiiiii!!  :onioncheer:
Jurina x Rena x Airi
I really like this types of fics!!

Offline River1721

• Member+
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 04:07:54 AM »
Thanks for the update~ :mon squee:
Aw, MaYuki is so sweet and kind helping Jurina with things :mon fu:
Yukirin and Mayuu share an akward smile, which Jurina can't manage to interpret. They avoid Jurina's gaze and the girl can sense a change in the atmosphere. Yukirin fidgets in her seat, while Mayu pulls a tinge of hair nervously
There is something going on with these two that they don't want people to know :mon evillaff:
The way Rena and Airin are acting, its as if they are really a couple :mon exhaust:
Can't wait for what happens next! :k-great:

Offline akbfangirl24

• Hello! just another fellow writer that love AKB!~
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 04:59:49 AM »
Jurina!!!  :( :( why can Rena pay more attention to Jurina like she does with Airin!!!! :cry:
Poor Jurina her hearts hurt just seeing the two (Airin and Rena) together it breaks my heart also!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
BTW awesome start to this fanfic!!! :D :D :cow: :cow:
Please update soon!!! Can't wait for chapter 2 :heart: :heart: :heart:
Series:
Wmatsui fanfic
Fight or Flight?:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=37629.0

Fatal Attraction:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=37974.0

Oneshot here!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=37704.0
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline oshima zelo

• ecchi
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 11:35:59 AM »
MaYuki like Jurina's parents, they so sweet and kind toward Jurina :shy2:

Poor Jurina.. :gyaaah:

Rena you must pay attention to Jurina :scolding:

cant wait for the next chapter  :hee:

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
Re: Heartbeat [wmatsui] Chapter 2
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 10:21:48 PM »
Thank you for your nice comments. It really motivates me to continue!  :)

Here's the next chapter! I hope you'll like it.

CHAPTER 2

The next day, when Jurina arrives for dancing practice with the SKE group, she's in a good mood. She had a good night sleep thanks to the nice evening she had with her two friends, and greets her teammates with a sincere smile. She's a bit surprised to see so few people in the room, and goes to sit next Akane.

"Hi Jurina! Do you know why we're only ten today?"

"I have no idea. I was about to ask you the same thing. The coach didn't say anything?"

"No, she was waiting for everyone to arrive. Even Airin is not here today."

Akane seems disappointed to not see her friend, but Jurina chooses to stay quiet, annoyed by the pang she suddenly feels in her chest as the girl's mention immediately reminds her of her distant relationship with Rena.

She then sees the vocal coach approaching her and giving her a paper. Just one glance at it and she frowns, noticing that it's a new song. Their next concert is in two months and they already have a lot of work to do. Another song means extra work, what they clearly don't need. Even worse, going through the lyrics she discovers that it's a duet with... Rena. It's been a long time since her last one with her, but now is really not the right time for that. Management clearly is not on her side.

"Sorry Jurina, but you'll have to learn it pretty fast. It will be included in the next concert."

Jurina nods in agreement, taking a peek at Rena who's also reading the sheet. The latter approaches when she finishes going through it.

"It seems we'll have a lot of work to do together. I'm counting on you!"

Rena gives her a painful smile, more dreading the dancing session than anything else. Singing comes naturally to her, but she's not good at sports. She'll probably have a hard time with the choreography.

The vocal coach then leaves the room, and the dancing coach asks the girls to come closer. Only eight girls will accompany them on the song, and mostly in the background. Talk about adding pressure. All eyes will be on them.

At the end of the week, they are still working on the dance moves. Jurina, who's always loved dancing, pretty much knows the choreography by heart. She still has a few details to master, but she's quite satisfied with herself. A few girls in the background are still having problems with a few moves, and Jurina helps them the best she can. She knows not everyone is as good as she is at dancing, and gives advice from time to time. After all, even if she loves dancing and it comes more naturally to her, she still works a lot to better herself. That's something she learned from the workaholic Rena.

Speaking of which, the girl is clearly behind the others. It doesn't really surprise Jurina as it's not the first time she witnesses such a thing. She sees her doing her best, as always, but she gets a bit worried about the schedule. They still have the song to practice, and the concert is quickly approaching.

The following week, Jurina works on the song with her vocal coach. Her singing still has flaws and she has to work hard to improve it. Moreover, she's having difficulty learning the lyrics. They sound too close to the situation she's living with Rena. The song is about two people who suddenly grow apart, until one of them leaves to another country. It's a really sad song, and even if it's about a boy and a girl, she can relate to it. For now she's working on her own with the vocal coach while Rena is still practicing the choreography, but she can't imagine how she'll act when they'll have to sing it together.

It's late when Jurina gathers her things to leave. The vocal coach left an hour ago but Jurina chose to stay a bit longer, willing to continue working on the song. Now her voice is a bit hoarse, and she knows it's time to stop. She's about to leave when she suddenly hears music from the dancing room and she approaches, surprised someone is still here. She was convinced everybody had already left.

Pushing the door, her eyes immediately fall on Rena who's still practicing the moves. She watches her for a while, proud to see how much she has improved. She now seems to know the choreography very well. However, just as she's about to close the door and leave, a sharp noise distracts her and she turns around, her eyes widening in surprise as she sees Rena on the floor.

It's obvious the older girl missed a step and fell, as a plaintive sound leaves her lips while she rubs her back. As fast as she fell she's already back on her feet, and starting the music from the start again.

Jurina briefly ponders suggesting Rena to stop her training session for the day, as she's obviously very tired, before thinking against it. Her words won't have much an effect on her. Rena is a workaholic, and will probably stay until she masters all the moves perfectly.
A faint sigh leaves Jurina's lips as she watches her moving in rhythm with the music again, before slowly closing the door. She's about to leave when an idea suddenly pops up in her head and she halts. There's one person who may be able to make Rena change her mind.

She checks the time first, not willing to disturb the girl. Knowing she's not asleep yet, she gets her phone out of her bag and dials a number. A surprised girl answers a few seconds later, sounding a bit tired.

"Jurina?"

"Hello, Airi. I hope I'm not bothering you," Jurina asks hesitantly.

"Not at all, I was reading," Airi answers.

"I'm sorry to call you so late, but it's about Rena." Jurina affirms.

"Rena?" Airi's voice pitches up in curiosity.

"She's been working all day long on the choreography, and she's still at it. I'm afraid she'll overwork herself if she continues. Can you give her a call? I know she won't listen to me." Jurina explains.

"Of course. Thank you for telling me."

"And please, don't tell her I called you." Jurina pleads.

"Okay... as you wish." Airi answers. She finds the girl's request a bit odd, but chooses not to say anything.

"Thank you Airi." Jurina sighs in relief. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight Jurina."

Jurina hangs up and doesn't wait long before hearing Rena's phone ringing. Even if the older girl is very tired her voice still pitches up as she answers her phone, and Jurina guesses she's talking to Airi. A few seconds later, she knows Rena has agreed to the girl's request and she sighs in relief, before leaving the place and heading home. Another long day awaits her.

The next day when Jurina arrives, she immediately looks for Akane. They have been training a lot together lately, Jurina helping the other girl with her moves and talking to her during breaks. She finds it strange that they never really talked together before that, as they have much more in common than she thought. The girl sometimes looks sad, and Jurina can’t help but want to cheer her up.

This morning, as she spots Akane in the room, her sad expression doesn’t go unnoticed. Jurina quickly goes to her side, and catches a glimpse of the picture she’s looking at on her phone. It’s one of Airi and her.

"Hi Akane," Jurina says, immediately hugging her and kissing her on the cheek.

"Jurina! You scared me!" Akane’s voice pitches up in surprise, quickly closing the phone.

"You seemed lost in thoughts. Something’s wrong?"

"No, I’m just tired."

Jurina knows this lie all too well. She has used it many times herself and can’t help but smile, before thinking about the picture she just saw.

"You had a fight with Airi?"

Akane looks at her in surprise, and Jurina points at her phone.

"I saw you looking at the picture."

"No, we didn’t. I just…. miss her."

Jurina knows how good friends they are and nods.

"When was the last time you saw her?"

"Three days ago."

Jurina wants to laugh but restrains herself when she sees how sad Akane really is. She then grabs her arms, prompting the older girl to look at her.

"I can be your friend while she’s not here."

"Are you trying to comfort me?" Akane asks, dumbstruck.

"I am. Is it working?"

Akane nods and they both share a laugh.

"Thank you, Jurina. I needed that."

"No problem, and I was serious."

"About what?"

"I can be your friend if you want to."

Akane looks at Jurina carefully, wondering if she’s making fun of her, but there’s no sign of mischief in her eyes. It looks kind of odd to her, as everyone is used to Jurina’s pranks and jokes. She thinks seriously about her proposition, remembering the fun times they have been spending together lately. She has to admit that when she was with her, she didn’t think too much about Airi. She then turns to Jurina, who has been waiting for her answer expectantly.

"Sure!" Akane exclaims, a soft chuckle escaping her lips when Jurina immediately moves forward to hug her.

Jurina is fidgeting in the recording studio, waiting for the staff and Rena to arrive. She is reading the lyrics of the song again and again, but some words just can't get in her head. The recording will begin shortly and she's far from prepared. A few minutes later the staff enters and Jurina greets them with a polite smile, trying her best to get rid of her apprehension.

Rena follows just behind and both girls share a quick smile, before the older Matsui goes to take a seat next to her on the sofa. The staff is still preparing the room while Jurina tries to focus on the lyrics that are troubling her so much. Her attention gets distracted from the words when she suddenly feels a soft touch on her hand, and she curiously tilts her head to Rena.

"Everything's going to be fine." Rena affirms, her fingers lightly squeezing Jurina's hand in a comforting gesture.

Rena also has the lyrics sheet on her lap but is not looking at it, and Jurina guesses she probably knows the lyrics by heart. Jurina weakly nods at her words, before getting back to the lyrics and repeating them anew in her head. She's trying her best to concentrate, but it's hard when Rena's hand is still resting on hers and being awfully distracting.

The recording doesn't go well. Rena does her part perfectly, but Jurina just can't get it right. She's angry with herself when she has to start a verse for the fourth time. What's happening to her? She's wasting everyone's time. As she sings the lyrics again she avoids Rena's eyes, guessing she probably would only find disappointment in them.

"That's enough for today, we'll continue tomorrow." A staff member declares when she fails again at her fourth tentative.

Jurina immediately takes a peek at the clock on the wall, noticing it's only 4PM. She wants to argue she can still go on, but also knows it's not a good idea. Her voice is really starting to get hoarse. She sighs dejectedly, staring at the problematic lyrics. She's never had such a hard time memorizing a song.

Jurina goes to gather her things, feeling a bit down. Her day started so well, that she hated going home feeling unsatisfied. Why on earth her relationship with Rena was making her act this way? Lost in her musing, she turns around when she hears the older Matsui calling her name. 

"Don't worry about it. You're probably just tired. It happens to me too," Rena says, a comforting smile on her lips.

Jurina replicates the gesture a bit awkwardly, trying hard to not retort that it's not true. As much as Rena sometimes has difficulty memorizing choreographies, she never fails to recite the lyrics perfectly.

Rena steps out of the room soon after, leaving Jurina with her troubled thoughts. Just as Jurina is about to depart as well her phone rings and she halts, a smile moving to her lips as she reads the text she just received.

Hoping my new friend did well today during the recording session. See you tomorrow! Churi. 

TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 02:30:27 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline Koneki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 10:55:40 PM »
Drama, drama and more Drama :v  .__.
...but I like it x'DDDDDDD

:heart:

I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

PS: All hail WMatsui  :cry: :heart:

~ KamiOshi 松井玲奈 || AKBOshi 高橋みなみ~
Twitter Tumblr (migikata48)

Offline River1721

• Member+
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 11:14:16 PM »
I'm sensing some JuriChuri moments coming  :mon star:
Poor Churi, she misses Airin so much :k-sad:
Was Jurina not getting enough focus on singing because of Rena? :mon suspect:
"Hoping my new friend did well today during the recording session. See you tomorrow! Churi."
So sweet of Churi :shy1:, but I wonder if she has feelings for Airin? :mon huh2:
Will Rena and Airin notice Jurina and Churi's closeness? :mon huh:
Can't wait for next chapter :k-great:

Offline oshima zelo

• ecchi
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 12:25:55 PM »
oh god cant wait for jurichuri :on GJ:

and cant wait how the reaction of rena and also airin about them  :wahaha:

This will be very interesting, and i'm looking forward to the next chapter :hee:

Offline RenshuChan

• Jurina's secret crush ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I know many people's secret, but they don't ~
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 05:40:51 PM »
The wMatsui's drama with a slight of RenAirin and ChuriJuri~
Update soon~ ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 11:35:04 PM »
CHURI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :heart:

Offline NogamiRumi

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • My english is bad, sorry TwT
    • RumiNogami
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2014, 12:51:05 AM »
churijuri churijuri churijuri~~~
i love Wmatsui, but churijuri awwww~~
update soon and thanks for the cap

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
Re: Heartbeat [wmatsui] Chapter 3
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2014, 02:12:20 AM »
Thank you for your comments! I always love reading them.  :)
Here's chapter 3. I hope you don't mind drama, because I love it!

CHAPTER 3

When Rena wakes up this morning, she has a bad headache, a sore throat and is coughing way too much. She tries to get up but feels dizzy, and her feverish body fails her. Her eyes widen slightly as she suddenly recognizes these signs, and a groan leaves her lips in annoyance. 

She can't be sick, not today. She has to finish recording the new song. People are expecting her. Jurina didn't do so well yesterday, and even if it surprised her to see the girl so nervous, she wants to be here to support her.

Rena takes a peek at her alarm clock and notices she still has an hour until the beginning of the recording. She turns towards her bed and lies down, her eyes immediately shutting as sleepiness takes hold of her. "I'll just rest a few more minutes," she mumbles to herself and before she realizes it, she's already fast asleep.

It's the ringing that wakes her up. Rena opens her eyes with difficulty and looks for the annoying sound, lifting herself up to catch her phone on the bedside table. A name flashes and she slowly opens the device. At the girl's voice on the other side, she quickly discovers that her headache has not disappeared. It's even worse. Her voice is weaker than she expected when she answers.

"Airin?"

"Rena? What are you doing? It’s 10 AM!"

At first, Rena's foggy mind refuses to register her friend's words, before they progressively sink. That's right. She was supposed to meet Airi before going to the recording studio. Taking a peek at the alarm clock she immediately widens her eyes in horror when she realizes the girl is right and she overslept. This new discovery prompts her to quickly get out of bed but forgetting her current weak state she stumbles, a thumb echoing in the room as she ends up on the floor.

"Rena? Are you okay? What was that noise?"

Rena tries to answer but her phone slips from her grasp as she falls, preventing her from giving any explanation. Her digits caress her forehead as her headache intensifies, and a desperate groan leaves her lips as she sits up and lays her back to the side of the bed. Her eyes unconsciously close again, and she fails to hear the sound of her front door opening. Rena is drifting off when a soft knock on her bedroom door prompts her to slowly open her eyes. 

"I'm sorry for coming uninvited," Airi says tentatively as she pushes the door, her eyes immediately falling on her friend. "Rena! What are you doing on the floor?"

Airi's footsteps distract Rena who looks up, before raising her hand when she sees her approaching.

"Don't!" Rena exclaims, trying her best to get up, in vain. "I'm sick!"

Airi immediately halts at the girl's alarming tone, before a soft sigh leaves her lips. A quick look at her friend is enough to tell her that, indeed, Rena is awfully sick. It's a very rare sight as the older Matsui takes really good care of her health. Airi takes a step forward to help Rena get up, but her action doesn't go unnoticed.

"No Airin!" Rena protests, her eyes back on her.

"Fine, but you need to see a doctor." Airi sighs, frustration washing her at her friend's refusal to cooperate.

"I can't. I have to go to the recording studio." Rena retorts, her voice full of determination contrasting with her current weak state.

Airi watches her a few seconds and ponders her options, before taking her phone out of her pocket and dialing a number.

"What are you doing?" Rena asks, surprised.

"I'm calling the doctor." Airi replies.

"No, you're not." Rena protests.

Airi listens as the girl's protest continues for a few seconds but ignores it, making an appointment when a masculine voice answers on the phone. She knows Rena is not approving her decision when she sees her waving her hand at her, but she still calls the recording studio a minute later to inform them of the girl's sickness.

"I can't believe you did that." Rena mutters, staring at her when she hangs up.

"It's for your own good. Now go back to bed," Airi says.

"You're not my friend anymore." Rena replies, averting her gaze in annoyance.

Airi's eyes widen slightly at her friend's harsh words, before understanding it's only the sickness speaking, and she doesn't really mean it. She then follows Rena's movements as she clumsily gets back into bed a minute later.

"How did you get in my apartment anyway?" Rena asks, her words muffled as she buries her head in her pillow.

"You gave me a spare key. Remember?" Airi answers gently, but her words don't seem to have much an effect as Rena barely reacts.

Airi sits on a chair while watching the girl who's dozing off. Her protectiveness towards Rena emerges as she watches her friend in such a weak state, a small smile inadvertently moving to her lips. Even sick, Rena is still beautiful.

The doctor arrives an hour later and examines the poor sick girl. Unfortunately, it seems she caught a very bad cold, and she has to stay at home until the end of the week to rest. Rena tries to protest, arguing that she has work to do, but the doctor refuses to hear any of it. He has been her doctor for years now, and is quite used to the girl's tenacity. He usually gives her pills and tells her to rest, knowing full well she won't listen and go to work anyway. However, as she sees her in such a weak state, he chooses to insist greatly.

"Don’t worry doctor, I’ll make sure she stays in bed." Airi assures, getting an annoyed look from Rena in return.

The doctor leaves shortly after and Airi goes to buy medicine. When she comes back a while later Rena is still laying in bed, trying hard not to fall asleep. 

"Go away. You have work to do." Rena mumbles.

"I will, once I make sure you took your pills." Airi answers.

Opening her eyes, Rena watches as Airi places two white pills and a glass of water near her bed. She clumsily sits up, before extending her arm to take the medicine. 

"Promise me you'll stay in bed," Airi says, shooting Rena a hopeful look. She knows the older Matsui can be quite stubborn when she wants to, but she really hopes her current weak state will prompt her to do the right thing.

Rena nods weakly when she's done taking the medicine, before silently laying back into bed. Airi releases a small sigh of relief, watching her friend as she's now closing her eyes anew. She knows it won't take long before she falls back to sleep. Airi takes a peek at the time and suddenly realizes she's going to be late for her photoshoot if she doesn't leave now. She casts a last worried look at Rena, before turning on her heels and heading towards the door.

"Thank you."

Airi halts at Rena's words, before glancing at her over her shoulder.

"Any time." Airi smiles, briefly meeting Rena's eyes. "I'll be back later."

Friday arrives, and Jurina has now finished recording her parts of the song. Without Rena around, it was easier to focus on her work and her memory didn’t fail her this time when she sang the lyrics. She got a bit worried when she heard about Rena’s sickness. She had sent a message to Airi knowing the girl was taking care of her, and felt relieved to know it was just a bad cold. She may be herself sometimes careless, Rena was worse.

She left the recording room with a smile on her face, looking forward to the week end. When she heard music from the dancing room, she stopped, the situation feeling familiar. It was 7 PM, and everyone had already left. She approached the door curiously and was surprised to see Rena dancing. Jurina frowned. What was she doing here? Wasn’t she supposed to be at home resting? She sighed, looking at the girl repeating the choreography of the new song. This time, she didn’t back up, and pushed the door.

Rena jumps in surprise when she sees her reflection in the mirror and she quickly turns around, the action making her almost trip. Jurina approaches and stops the music, watching Rena who’s trying to catch her breath. She’s also sweating profusely, from exercise or sickness, it's hard to tell.

"What are you doing here?" Rena asks, looking behind Jurina, half expecting to see someone else coming in.

"I should be asking you the same thing. Weren't you supposed to be back on Monday?" Jurina asks, worried.

As Rena averts her gaze Jurina knows she just got her answer, and she has to muster all her willpower to not let her anger show. 

"I was feeling better and didn't want to waste anymore time." Rena explains, her eyes now back on her. "I heard the recording went well."

Jurina knows the girl is trying to change the subject, but she is not about to fall in Rena's trap.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Jurina asks, her features contorting worriedly as she notices how much the girl is sweating, and she takes a few steps forward.

"Don't worry. I'm fine." Rena replies swiftly.

Jurina stares at her for a minute, pondering her words and trying to decipher Rena's expression to see if she's lying. The action doesn't go unnoticed, and Rena extends her hand. 

"I promise." Rena nods, taking Jurina's hand and rubbing it gently. The gesture seems to work on the younger girl as her features soon relax.

The dancing room's door suddenly creaks and both girls turn around, noticing Churi who's looking at them questioningly from the doorstep. Jurina immediately remembers that she has plans with her friend and turns on her heels, swiftly approaching her.

"I'm sorry! Have you been waiting for me?" Jurina asks, worried.

"No, I've just arrived." Churi replies, smiling in amusement when Jurina releases a small sigh of relief. "I'll wait for you outside."

Churi diverts her attention to the older Matsui and waves at her in recognition, before taking a step back and leaving both girls alone.

"Don't stay too late," Jurina says, turning to Rena again. 

Rena's eyes widen slightly at her scolding tone, not used to hearing it. It's usually the other way round. Her mouth tugs into a small smile as she joins the younger girl and places her hand on her shoulder.

"Go on. Akane is waiting for you."

Jurina watches her a few more seconds, hesitant, before nodding and turning on her heels. Rena follows her movements as she opens the door, shooting her small reassuring smile when Jurina turns around to glance at her. When the girl is gone Rena feels her chest slightly warming up, moved by Jurina's caring attitude.

Churi is talking a lot and clinging to Jurina tightly. They're making their way to the cinema, and Jurina can't help but notice how happy Churi looks. She doesn't really mind their closeness and pats the girl's head from time to time when she says something funny. The action always makes Churi blush, and Jurina can't help but laugh in amusement at her reaction.

The room is filled with people when they get to their seat. The movie is about to start and Jurina finally relaxes when she sits in her comfy chair. They've opted for a comedy as it's the best way to forget about their stressful week. Jurina has a box full of popcorn in her left hand and starts to eat some, while absently watching the advertisement on the screen. Churi is commenting a really stupid one when their fingers suddenly meet as the older girl tries to take some popcorn. At this action, Jurina turns around in surprise, before smiling in amusement as Churi's slight blush. When the last advertisement is over the room goes dark and Jurina focuses on the screen again, missing Churi's sudden discomfort.

The movie is really funny and Jurina laughs a lot. So engrossed in the movie, she doesn't notice how Churi is awfully quiet by her side. The older girl hasn't even tried to take some popcorn since the last incident. When Jurina turns to her once during the movie they share a brief smile, but because of the dark, Jurina fails to see the shyness in her friend's one.

Jurina is really enjoying herself when she suddenly feels a weight on her shoulder. Startled, she tilts her head to the side, watching as Churi's head is now resting on it. She's about to divert her attention to the screen when she feels a hand into hers. Her eyes widen slightly in surprise, and she lowers her gaze to watch their joined hands. She can't help but notice that Churi's hand is slightly trembling inside hers and she squeezes it a bit, failing to understand why the older girl is acting so nervous around her. Her attention gets back to the screen as she focuses on the movie again, not missing the way Churi's trembling hand progressively relaxes a few minutes later.

When the movie is over a while later they leave the cinema and head home, both sharing their experience of the comedy they just saw. Jurina can't help but notice that Churi is suddenly very talkative but she doesn't mind, listening in amusement as the older girl narrates cheerfully her favorites moments.

Churi is now awfully quiet as they arrive at the train station. The night is getting a bit chilly and Jurina tightens her scarf around her neck, a faint plaintive sound leaving her lips as the cold wind hits her face. Tilting her head to her companion she notices her shivering and moves forward, stretching her hand to pull her the zipper of her coat all the way up. Churi watches her silently, before nodding when the young girl gently scolds her.

Their eyes meet briefly before Churi looks away, Jurina not missing her friend's slight discomfort. She frowns at her attitude, failing to understand where it's coming from, before stepping aside to wait for the train to arrive. They don't have to wait long before it enters the station and Churi takes a step forward, while Jurina stays back, as she's taking the next one. Jurina watches Churi's back, her mouth tugging into a smile as she thinks about the nice evening they spent together. They really should do this more often. 

"See you on Monday." Jurina exclaims when the doors open.

Jurina watches her as she takes a step forward to enter the carriage, before frowning when Churi turns on her heels and moves towards her. Jurina's eyes widen when she feels a sudden soft kiss on her cheek and she freezes, staring back at the girl who's avoiding her gaze and retreating swiftly to the train. Words stay stuck in her mouth as she tries to catch a glimpse of the older girl to understand the meaning of her action, but Churi is now moving in the carriage and taking a seat, her back turned to her. The doors close and Jurina lifts her hand to her cheek, intrigued. She may be used to kissing and hugging her fellow members, this kiss felt different. Very different.

TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 02:32:36 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline RenshuChan

• Jurina's secret crush ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I know many people's secret, but they don't ~
Re: Heartbeat [wmatsui] Chapter 3
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2014, 08:32:15 AM »
Churi is so bold...
Stubborn Rena and that slight wMatsui scene...
Update soon :D

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Sugar Baby Love