JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Back Horn - 8gatsu no Himitsu

Author Topic: [Discuss] Korean Drama Thread  (Read 56758 times)

Offline tdizo

• ecchi
  • =D
Re: [Discuss] Korean Drama Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2011, 06:48:32 AM »
You're Beautiful was awesome, kind of like Hana Kimi with the whole girl dressing up as a boy thing. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a drama like Hana Kimi. Also I Am Legend is pretty good, didn't get a chance to finish this one, but I got pretty far and what I did watch was really good.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2011, 04:27:57 PM »
I just started watching IRIS, after seeing Lee Byung Hun in The Good, The Bad, The Weird. :hump:

Kim Tae Hee :shocked:

Just finished IRIS :sweatdrop: Loved the show though, planning to start Athena tonight. IRIS 2 soon :deco:

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2011, 09:49:19 PM »
There's a ton of good kdramas atm but the one you all should watch out for is City Hunter:

Synopsis:

The story takes place in Seoul, 2011. Lee Yoon Sung is a talented MIT-graduate who's working on the international communications team at the Blue House. He encounters dangerous situations while solving a variety of cases, both big and small, for people who need his help, and eventually becomes a "city hunter."

Cast:

Lee Min Ho as Lee Yoon Sung
Park Min Young as Kim Na Na
Lee Joon Hyuk as Kim Young Jo
Hwang Sun Hee as Jin Soo Hee
Goo Ha Ra as Choi Da Hye

Just watched the first ep and it's pretty fucking awesome!  :) The first ep was kinda prologue for all the stuff that's gonna happen in the drama so if you read the synopsis and start to wonder what's happening in the first ep don't worry. Second ep is gonna start the drama and I guess there's gonna be a whole lot of stuff happening  :)

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2011, 12:41:21 AM »
Finished City Hunter and Lie to Me while ago. Both were awesome and I recommend them to kdrama fans  :) Now watching this:

Heartstrings

Title: 넌 내게 반했어 / Neon Naege Banhaesseo
English title: Heartstrings
Previously known as: 페스티벌 / Festival
Genre: Romance, music
Episodes: 16
Broadcast network: MBC
Broadcast period: 2011-Jun-29 to 2011-Aug-18
Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55

Synopsis:

Lee Shin is a university student majoring in modern music. He is also the vocalist and guitarist of the band "The Stupid." Shin is known for his good looks and strong passion for music, but in reality he is cold, lacks interest in anything unrelated to music and has neither dreams nor plans for the future. He initially likes Jung Yoon Soo, a dance professor at university, but this all changes when he meets Lee Kyu Won.

Lee Kyu Won is a bright and outgoing student who was born into a prestigious family and is majoring in traditional Korean instruments, especially the gayageum. Kyu Won's grandfather, Lee Dong Gun, is one of the top 3 traditional musicians of his age and his biggest wish is to see his granddaughter become a traditional music prodigy. Trying to live up to her grandfather's expectations, Kyu Won immerses herself in training and becomes a university student who knows nothing outside of her studies. As her friends are fans of "The Stupid", she was forced to go to the band's concert with them. There she saw Lee Shin performing live, and is immediately captivated by him.

Cast:

Jung Yong Hwa as Lee Shin
Park Shin Hye as Lee Kyu Won
Song Chang Ui as Kim Suk Hyun
So Yi Hyun as Jung Yoon Soo
Woo Ri as Han Hee Joo
Kang Min Hyuk as Yeo Joon Hee
Lee Hyun Jin as Hyun Ki Young
Im Se Mi as Cha Bo Woon

I really like this drama :) The OST is superb, mostly cos of C.N Blue and Yong Hwa  8) Park Shin Hye isn't bad singer either and I was kinda suprised to hear how well she sings. If any of you watched You're Beautiful you probably remember how Yong Hwa's character had a crush on Park Shin Hye's character but she loved the other guy... :P Well in this drama they're couple so it's kinda nice to watch it  :)

Offline peterevil

« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2011, 12:26:39 PM »
If you don't mind older dramas, I liked 네 멋대로 해라 (aka 'Ruler of your own world'). I believe it was Lee Na Young's breakout role. My wife tells me part of the soundtrack was performed by k-indie band 3rd line butterfly, so bonus points for that.

You can watch it here: http://www.dramafever.com/drama/530/1/Ruler_of_Your_Own_World/

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2011, 03:36:12 PM »
Just finished IRIS :sweatdrop: Loved the show though, planning to start Athena tonight. IRIS 2 soon :deco:

Just finished episode 14 of Athena. HOT DAMN :rockon: I want to see where this show is going from that :thumbup

Any other similar kdrama, besides City Hunter, that's worth watching?

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2011, 01:19:31 AM »
Just finished watching 'The Greatest Love'. Mainly watched it because Yoo Inna was in it hehe, but it turned out to be pretty good. Picked up City Hunter now that the subs are all done. Might pick up Protect The Boss when more subs are available. I've heard some good things about it.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2012, 08:26:35 PM »
Fashion King TEASER!! :drool:

credit: tama :tama:

Quote from: wiki
TV Show: Fashion King
Revised romanization: Paeseon Wang
Hangul: 패션왕
Director: Lee Myung-Woo
Writer:
Network: SBS
Episodes:
Release Date: March 19, 2012 --
Runtime: Monday & Tuesday 21:55
Language: Korean
Plot: "Fashion King" revolves around the world of fashion designers, from start-ups in the Dongdaemun area of Seoul onto world class designers.

via http://asianwiki.com/Fashion_King

I wonder if it'll be like "The Hills" XD

Offline masskiss

• (not) The Onani Master
  • ecchi
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2012, 05:19:39 AM »
recently I'm watching some k-dramas, like Windstruck and Speedy Scandal

Windstruck is really good, the storyline is going up and down, if you're used to cry when watching dramas it'll be most likely you'll cry watching this  :heart:

Speedy Scandal is also good, worth the watch. It'd mostly focusing on humor, but there are also some dilemmas to add more flavor to this drama  :lol: lovin' it  :heart:

and I want to finish watching Full House, it's been a long time but idk I just can't seem to finish watching that  :banghead: poor time management  :doh:

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2012, 09:34:30 AM »
I have been loving dream high 2.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_High_Season_2
Life is one time.

Offline foldingvault

• ecchi
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2012, 05:28:59 PM »
What was the name of that one with the gay dudes in the bakery?... Hmm.. I remember watching it a while back. Hilarious.

Offline set_burner

• Feel to Follow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2012, 12:06:27 AM »
damn, anyone watches king2hearts or the moon that embraces the sun? i started the latter after running man, lol that was a good RM eps after a period of stale ones. the child actors in moon/sun is so good i wont mind watching them again...

Offline ItsukiMinami

« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2012, 08:54:48 AM »
just finished watching king 2 hearth ep 10,
so far quite entertaining,this drama have a unique story that tell story about relationship between north and south korea
and ha ji won very beautiful in here  :wub:
Right now Girls' Generation

Offline jackychaos

• The Fallen
  • ecchi
  • Soonkyu~~~ <3
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2012, 09:23:09 AM »
Anybody watching love rain?

Offline brb23

• ecchi
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2012, 08:54:41 AM »
Anybody watching love rain?

I am but I'm not caught up with the newest episodes. I'm liking it a lot so far.

Offline wutdy

• ecchi
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2012, 01:53:33 PM »
i like  "you're beautiful,... and witch you hee"

Offline TaeSica

• ecchi
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2012, 06:39:03 AM »
I watched what is mostly on netflix. So far, I've watched Boys over flowers, Secret Garden, City Hunter, Tamra the island, My girlfriend is a gumiho.
Currently watching protect the boss. I have to say most of the endings are disappointing.

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2012, 10:21:40 AM »
I've been Watching Love Rain and Fashion King atm. I dunno why Love Rain have gotten such low ratings in Korea cos I think it's awesome. Great cast and the atmosphere in the drama is very nice too. Fashion King is good too and Yuri looks so good  :drool:

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2012, 05:47:58 AM »
Finished watching "Queen Inhyun's Man" awhile back with Yoo Inna. Picked it up only because Yoo Inna's in it not knowing what it's about XD. Well anyway it's one of those time-traveling dramas. The main guy goes back and forth between his time and Yoo Inna's time and ....stuff happens haha. Anyway I really liked this drama and I don't believe there was an episode where I found myself bored. AND it's one of the few dramas where I actually felt satisfied with the ending! That almost never happens for me!

Just last night I finished "Big" and it started off well, but then in the middle it got sort of EHH. Suzy (missA) was a bit of a bitch towards the end and I hated her character. This ending I felt a bit disappointed, as it felt a bit rushed. Couple draggy moments in this drama as it approached the last episode.

Now I'm picking up "Reply 1997" with Eunji from A Pink since I heard good things about it. Just waiting for enough subs to come out in case I get too addicted. I don't want to end up waiting too long for the next subs to come out XD

Offline BoA is BesT

• ecchi
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2012, 09:18:16 AM »
Has anybody watched "History of a Salaryman"? Is it any good? I was thinking of making that my next drama as I wait for my friends to finish The Moon Embracing the Sun so we can watch IRIS together.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Back Horn - 8gatsu no Himitsu