JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hermann H. & The Pacemakers - Pinkie`s Rock Show

Author Topic: [Discuss] Kung Fu Flicks  (Read 50973 times)

Offline Mastergodai

• Member+
Kung Fu Flicks
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2006, 11:20:46 PM »
i dont know if anyone has seen this one but its a fav of mine called The Victim

Offline bumsquad

Kung Fu Flicks
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2006, 08:51:55 PM »
bruce lee movies suck. they're outdated and usually have terrible stories, dialogues, etc. i mean bruce lee may b the master of JKD, but his movies just plain suck. except when he kill chuck norris. :D

Almost all the 80s chinese kung-fu flicks are good. I can't choose theres too many >_<

Offline pokemonpink

• Member+
Kung Fu Flicks
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2006, 11:07:39 PM »
Those classic Jacky chan ones are pretty sweet. Might be off track here but the serial, Legend of Condor Heroes starring Andy Lau is one of the best I can remember. >.<

Offline 疯狂的石头

Kung Fu Flicks
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2006, 06:47:40 AM »
I am a Kung Fu movie fan

Bruce Lee , Liu Chia Hui are my fav Kung Fu actor

I like HK movie,and i like SB Kung Fu movie 2

but  Stephen Chow is a comedy actor  not a Kung Fu actor

my fav Kung Fu movie

silence is easy

Offline zaius

• the third man
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Kung Fu Flicks
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2006, 07:52:55 AM »
yeah, i like Fist of Legend too but i think it has more to do with cutey Yuko Miyamura than the chop-socky XD

i'm not a big fan of kung fu flicks though, i stick more to gun fu like Full Contact, the Killer, Hard Boiled, etc.

Offline smoothee

• old school lovin'
  • Member+
Kung Fu Flicks
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2006, 07:54:20 AM »
some of jet li's older ones are good.. the ones in made with china.. like before all the hollywood.. not saying his new ones arent good.. but movies like "the one" and "unleashed" have too much special affects.. kinda ruin it for me..

~ the official mikitty thread ~ the A.M.E [aya matsuura eden] ~ G.A.M official thread ~

~ join the wonky love crew ~ help us pimp up tanakacchi here ~

Offline Rakko

• Dr. OtterPuss, M.D.
  • Member+
Kung Fu Flicks
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2006, 09:27:39 AM »
All hail to the god of modern day kungfu!!!!! HOOOOOOOOO~!!!!!!

Jabronisaur

Kung Fu Flicks
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2006, 10:38:02 PM »
Thanks for all the informative commentary on what is one of my favorite movie genres. I remember watching the old cheesey Martial Arts flicks on USA's Kung Fu theater, back in the day when cable was still pretty new.

My favorite movie is the 5 Deadly Venoms.

http://www.kungfucinema.com/reviews/fivevenoms.htm
The venoms team would later go on to do many other movies, all of which I enjoyed thoroughly. Its not groundbreaking or epicmaking or socially enlightening, but it is just good ol' ass kickin' fun!

I just watched "House of Flying Daggers". I liked it. Nice fight scenes. Ziyi is as hot as always. The story was sad, fairly obvious, but envolving. I think they went overboard on the green coloring in this film. Must be some kind of statement with that color. The male lead is Takeshi Kaneshiro. Is he Japanese as his name suggests? I don't believe I've seen a Japanese actor play such a part in a Chinese production. Usually they're villians. Is this a new trend in asian cinema? Anyaways this movie is worth a look.

I'm looking forward to Fearless. This is Jet Li's last movie? Is he going behind the camera now or leaving the business entirely? Should be a good movie tho.

Offline Flow-

• Professional Slacker
  • Member+
Kung Fu Flicks
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2006, 07:31:52 PM »
I really curious about how this movie's going to turn out.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/protector/

Tony Jaa was awesome in Ong Bak!

Offline inifinity

Kung Fu Flicks
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2006, 01:21:38 AM »
LOL been watching kung fu clicks since I was a kid, those so called academics said that you learn nothing but violence from these type of movies are like SO wrong! I learnt most my chinese language and ancient proverbs by watching them!!!!!

Well I really like Shaolin Soccer that movie is hilarious!!!! I also like most the adaptions to Jin Yong's "Return of the Condor Heroes" especially the newest one the fighting is so exaggerated and awesome!!!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 01:56:31 AM by inifinity »

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
Kung Fu Flicks
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2006, 04:20:19 AM »
Quote from: Jabronisaur
The male lead is Takeshi Kaneshiro. Is he Japanese as his name suggests? I don't believe I've seen a Japanese actor play such a part in a Chinese production. Usually they're villians. Is this a new trend in asian cinema? Anyaways this movie is worth a look.

I'm looking forward to Fearless. This is Jet Li's last movie? Is he going behind the camera now or leaving the business entirely? Should be a good movie tho.

He is indeed, Japanese. He's a halfie, so he's actually tri-lingual. Yeah, he's awesome.

As for Fearless, it was fucking awesome. I'm looking to pick up a dvd or something, but I doubt it'd be out till it's out in the US. And it's not his last movie. It's his last martial arts movie. Complications with his health, I think.

Offline TwYsTeD

Kung Fu Flicks
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2006, 11:31:54 PM »
Fearless was good...
i really enjoyed the once upon a time in china series
and the fong sai yuk movies...

Offline Dj-B13

• Pro Street Fighter Player
  • Member+
  • H!P Fan From Hawaii~!!!
Kung Fu Flicks
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2006, 01:07:53 AM »
Quote from: Flow-
I really curious about how this movie's going to turn out.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/protector/

Tony Jaa was awesome in Ong Bak!

I have already seen this. *Owns the real movie* let me say...This movie IMHO is 100x better then Ong Bak.
*Number 1 Fan Of The Great Miichan Sama*
Genericpaperdoll, Mini*Wheat, Pinkosa, Pharadox, and kawaii beam are all graphix legends

Offline Hennagaijin

Kung Fu Flicks
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2006, 07:25:02 AM »
Still haven't seen the Protector yet but heard nothing but good things about it and if Ong Bak is any indication, then Tony Jaa should be kicking multiple ass and look good and painful doing it..

Fist of Legend....:masturbation:

Offline Sakamoto871

• Member+
Kung Fu Flicks
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2006, 07:20:42 AM »
My favorite has to be The Defender with Jet Li...

Offline garaa

Kung Fu Flicks
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2006, 03:50:28 PM »
THe latESt kungfu show i wAtched is "THe Dragon TigEr GAte" direct translation of the chinese title.. starring donnie yen, nicholas tse and shawn yue.. my fave star has got to be nicholas tse, he got the killer looks and looks especially cool whenever he involves in fighting scenes!!!!

tHe 2 mOST imPorTAnt giRLs in My liFe...

Offline Shinora

• konkonism: the path to enlightenment
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Kung Fu Flicks
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2006, 05:54:57 PM »
i saw dragon tiger gate at the theaters when i was in HK, the action sequences were top notch but the ending was kinda iffy (u'll know what i mean if u watched it)  my favourite kung fu flicks of all time would have to be once upon a time in china 1 & 2 as well as fearless.  gotta give props to him being so damn good ><  
p.s: a bit of useless info, apparently Jet Li is from Shaolin Temple, so all the stuff he does is real (apart from those jumping 20 ft stuff =D)
[
For us Konno fans, logic and evidence can't explain why we love her, or why every day is Konno Day. - Slack

Offline Marco Malvado

• Kagotaku
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Grrrrrr...
Kung Fu Flicks
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2006, 08:44:12 PM »
I'm a sucker for anything with the "Three Brothers" -- Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung & Yuen Biao.

Three Brothers Montage:
[yt]6FABuzq3aco[/yt]

I also love the crazy-ass "once upon a time when people could fly" silliness of over-the-top flicks like "Zu: Warriors from the Magic Mountain". Here's the trailer for that one:
[yt]XT8ikWUcxQU[/yt]
-=Marco=-

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Kung Fu Flicks
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2006, 08:04:51 AM »
:bow: :bow: Jackie + Sammo + Yuen Biao!! Hellz yeah to their 80s cheap comedies too. haha

New details on Jackie + Jet's collabo (source: http://www.monkeypeaches.com)

A Variety article just revealed a few new details on the untitled Jackie Chan / Jet Li project:

• The budget is about US$70 million - pretty high for a "family pic";
  • Master Yuen Wo-Ping has been asked to handle the action - good looking fight sequences guaranteed;
  • -    Shooting is set for April - in Shanghai?
  • -    Jet Li will play two roles, the Monkey King and the Silent Monk - The Monkey King is the center character of classic Chinese fantasy novel "Journey to the West". He is the first disciple of the Tang Monk (Tripitaka), who is on his way to seek for Buddhist texts. Not sure about who is Silent Monk. - Alright, the Silent Monk might be the Tang Monk.
  • -    Jackie Chan will play the monk Tsa-Ho - aka. Sha Monk / Sandy, the Tang Monk's third disciple. The article does not mention the characters of Tang Monk and Piggy, his second disciple.

I admit...I got mixed opinions. Hollywood. But hey, maybe they can get other names like Tony Jaa

Offline Marco Malvado

• Kagotaku
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Grrrrrr...
Kung Fu Flicks
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2006, 11:37:49 PM »
Wow! That was totally off my radar! I didn't even know it was in the works! Man, I hope they don't fuck it up. That could kick several flavors of ass at once if they do it right! Thanks for the info, Daigong!
-=Marco=-

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hermann H. & The Pacemakers - Pinkie`s Rock Show