JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Double - Say I Gotta Believe!

Author Topic: Restart (Love x ∞ Part II)  (Read 83877 times)

Offline Novaforever

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Queen of HALCALI
Re: Restart (Love x ∞ Part II)
« Reply #180 on: July 25, 2007, 01:52:38 AM »
Argh.  I hope you are happy OTN1.  You have officially pulled me out of lurker status to praise you.

I'm not going to comment on everything you've written on this forum (well not yet anyway) but I have read all your stuff.  And I love it all.  I can't tell you how much time I've wasted reading, and rereading, all of your stories.  In fact at one point I was in danger of not doing well in my classes overseas because of your horribly/wonderfully distracting writing.  *waves fist* 

I think at this point most of the comments I would have made have already been stated by someone else.  So the only other thing I will add is that your grasp on Japanese culture is amazing.  Everything is portrayed perfectly.  You must have lived in Japan at some point. 

Major props to you.  I will be eagerly awaiting your next chapter! 

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #181 on: July 25, 2007, 03:27:23 AM »
So not only have you killed them all, but you've also doomed their souls to be forever alone, existing in some sort of purgatory, able to observe the outside world and yet unable to actually take part in any of it.

That's just cruel, you sick bastard.  :bleed eyes:
Come on, you know you enjoy it.  The pain, hopelessness, and angst of GAMS (Great Aya, Miki, and Shiba-chan).  Hahaha.

I'm glad the chapter was to people's liking (everybody except Amarghetta, who I know secretly hates me for making Aya so right and likeable in that chapter).  I really wanted to startle Miki and impress upon her that Aya hasn't had it easy either.  It's important for her to know that in order for forgiveness to come a little more easily.

Novaforever, sorry for the trouble.  Hahah!  My studying and work have been interrupted by my writing, too.  But thank you for reading, enjoying, and commenting.  I appreciate your words very much.  And yes, I do have experience living in Japan, but I still have much to learn.

Honestly, I'm a little stumped with the next part.  I know what's going to happen, and I've even written a scene from a chapter further down the line, but every time I put a pen to paper to continue, nothing comes out.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #182 on: July 25, 2007, 05:47:47 AM »
Come on, you know you enjoy it.  The pain, hopelessness, and angst of GAMS (Great Aya, Miki, and Shiba-chan).  Hahaha.
Well duh. :P

Still cruel though.

I really wanted to startle Miki and impress upon her that Aya hasn't had it easy either.  It's important for her to know that in order for forgiveness to come a little more easily.
Indeed, it ended up being like a wake-up call for her. Aya's had it just as hard, but this Miki never realized that because all she's ever seen of Aya is the happy/in love Aya who's completely devoted to her.  Miki didn't think Aya understood how hurt she was, and now she knows that Aya DOES know, and that she's experienced it herself. It puts them back on a "level playing field" and makes it easier for Miki to deal with it all.

Honestly, I'm a little stumped with the next part.  I know what's going to happen, and I've even written a scene from a chapter further down the line, but every time I put a pen to paper to continue, nothing comes out.
If you need to, feel free to take your time dude.  We'll still be here.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
« Reply #183 on: July 25, 2007, 07:18:01 AM »
I'm glad the chapter was to people's liking (everybody except Amarghetta, who I know secretly hates me for making Aya so right and likeable in that chapter).
Meow!  I don't secretly hate you for that. I mean, I don't make such things a secret.  :P

Neither I dislike Aya-chan. (Actually, my best friend thinks she's my fave H!P girl!) It's just that I'm such a Miki loyalist, that suddenly liking her more than Miki surprised me.  :roll: But it's all good, a little variety won't kill me.  XD

Take your time. We all know it's worth it.  :yep:

Offline Novaforever

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Queen of HALCALI
« Reply #184 on: July 25, 2007, 03:14:12 PM »

Don't worry about it.  I'm sure all of us will wait as long as it takes for the next part.  I'm frankly impressed at the speed you've been turning out some of these stories in the first place.  It's amazing how fast you've been writing!  So take a little break *pats on shoulder*.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 03:15:50 PM by Novaforever »

Offline black velvet

• Smut!Slut
  • Member+
  • yoonyul <3
« Reply #185 on: July 26, 2007, 07:00:09 AM »
Ah, done with playing catch up. Anyway . . .

Yeah, I figured that everything was driving along too smoothly. This confrontation about Aya being pulled into another world with a slightly-different Miki was absolutely necessary. And, honestly, Miki had every right to be upset at first. Anyone would feel that way, I think. But, still, Aya expressed the point that neither of the two Miki's were actually different; they are essentially the same person, but one can dance while the other can't, and one lived in Tokyo and met Aya while the other remained in Hokkaido and went to university.

I'm really glad that they pulled through this. It's looking positive, so I think that no one will no longer doubt your "exploding moon cheese" methods of creating great angst and killing the essential characters off. :P But, you know that we love your stories and always come back for more anyway, right? xD

"Requiem for Three" was . . . Well, I was torn between laughing and crying. (C'mon, you made references to Whoopi Goldberg and the movie Ghost!)

Offline Sevii

• Member+
« Reply #186 on: July 26, 2007, 09:00:17 AM »
So I kind of laughed at your threat.
And then saw the next poster say death, and then my face went pale.

So yes, my jaw was on the floor while my face was pale turning blue while I read your little revenge.

After that's over and done with, and seeing Kuniko and Aya picking Miki up, I am normal again. Thank you.

*wiggles jaw*

But Kuniko huh, I don't know why she never leaves much of an impression for me. Don't get me wrong, I really like her, but just, I never think of her. She's not a presence that jumps out at me, unlike Ochiai, who I simply ADORE. I wonder when she's going to make an entrance, I just really like her lurking in the background. (I make her sound like some kind of strange, mysterious stalker who will end up dominating the world.) Although I must say I am really surprised at how loyal a friend Kuniko is. I think I'm starting to like her more, I don't know, Ochiai's still taking the crown in all your original characters imo, and Hiroshi still leaves a bitter aftertaste in my mouth. Grrr. /shakes fist.

Anyway, thank you for the new chapter and your successful attempt that managed to turn me into a smurf for five minutes. ^^

And writer's block = UGH. Don't worry, take your time, brilliant ideas don't always come rushing at a writer all the time. However, they always come at the worst time possible, IE: after you shut off your computer getting ready for bed.

Again, thank you for all your hardwork. :)

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #187 on: July 29, 2007, 11:18:47 PM »
Thank you for reading and for the encouragement.  I've honestly hit a mental roadblock.  In addition, I've been far too wrapped up in other things to think about this story.  I need some time where I can just sit down by myself for 3 hours and write.  I haven't had that opportunity lately, and it's killing me.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #188 on: July 30, 2007, 12:33:27 AM »
^ It's alright bro. Do whatever you need to do. We'll still be here. :)

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline ChiruChaCha

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • cuak!
« Reply #189 on: August 01, 2007, 10:53:14 PM »
Uh, long time since I last posted in this thread... I'll comment on the last chapters anyways.

- Requiem for Three: first of all I have to say that I read the bottom line before reading the whole thing(the one saying it was  irrelevant to the story) so I probably read it at much more ease than the rest of readers. This said, I ended the chapter laughing, I mean, first Miki's death was all sad(and strange, may I add), then Aya's was sad too and made me want to yell "don't do it, stupid!" but Shiba-chan's was freakin funny!  :lol:  In the best way, but funny. Maybe I have a hidden thing for black jokes or something but absurd deaths make me laugh, not to mention Whoopy Goldberg's star appearance xD I'm sorry if that's not the way you wanted it to turn out, I have a pretty wicked mind anyways xD

- Chapter 20: Aya's concern and loyal service is really heartwarming, I liked that part. However, someone already said there still are remains of the issue at the back of their minds(or Miki's mind, at least).
I also liked this:

"I had to almost physically kick her out of here.  She insisted that she wouldn't leave your side until you woke up.  That is one obsessively loyal girl."

"She's a Scorpio," I said offhandedly.

:lol: I like that kind of randomness.

And finally, about the writer's block, don't worry, take your time, look at things that could inspire you, ask for anything that could help you here if you need to, I'll sure not forget about this story quickly so you have a broad margin for taking your time with me at least  ;)

EDIT: I just noticed that the "with me" in the last sencence could be misunderstood xD so I'll make it clear. What I mean is that for me, as a reader of your story, you have a broad margin for taking your time(spending it with whoever you want xD)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 01:06:23 AM by ChiruChaCha »

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #190 on: August 04, 2007, 04:01:33 AM »
ChiruChaCha, you're absolutely right.  Shiba-chan's death is so ridiculous that it should be laughed at.  I  laughed when the idea of all three of them dying in a row played out in my head.  Hahaha!  Dark humour is great like that.  Don't worry, I understood what you meant.

And yes, I'm certainly taking my sweet time...  I don't want people to think I've forgotten about this story, though.

Offline g4rfield

• Yocchan is my chan~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I belong to a religion called Yossy-ism
« Reply #191 on: August 15, 2007, 08:39:57 AM »
I haven't read a good Aya Miki fic lately, but your fic is seriously making my head reeling, both from anxiety and sweetness. It's like a roller coaster even, when you know it would be fun, but quite frightening at the same time. The point had to be when Miki goes through her life half dead for the past 8 years after Aya's death. I bawled my eyes out like a baby. It's waaay too sad! But you did a great job pulling a tear jerker on that one, I can't complain...much.

I can't wait to follow their journey, what will become of their relationship? Will Miki be discovered? or the Other Miki who had a life with no Aya will get her Aya back??

:cry: The mere thought about it all send the water work again.

Anyhow, I'll keep checking back to see more update from you. Sorry if my ramblings didn't make any sense. After non stop reading the Love x 2 from beginning to the latest chapter, you can expect my brain and emotion feel a bit like a mush.

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #192 on: August 17, 2007, 11:02:39 PM »
Thanks!  Wow, so you were able to read the entire thing in one go?  Haha, how long did it take?  A few days?  A week?  I'm glad you enjoyed/tore your hair out/cried your eyes out.

The good news is that I'm working on the next part.  The bad news it that it might take a while because I'm very busy at the moment.

Offline g4rfield

• Yocchan is my chan~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #193 on: August 18, 2007, 12:00:46 AM »
Ah, that's okay. Take your time. Like everybody said, don't rush and plan the story well. We want quality and a bit of quantity too.  lol:

How long it took? The WHOLE day!! Yeah, so you can imagine me being a train wreck by...oooh lets say about 5 AM the next morning.  :bleed eyes:

I have a question for you. At the end of Love x 2, there was 1 chapter called My Own Private Funeral, which you then continued with Restart, then I just found that My Own Private Funeral had its own thread.  :? Huh?? So... which come first that's the question.

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
« Reply #194 on: August 18, 2007, 03:42:25 AM »
I have a question for you. At the end of Love x 2, there was 1 chapter called My Own Private Funeral, which you then continued with Restart, then I just found that My Own Private Funeral had its own thread.  :? Huh?? So... which come first that's the question.
This might help you ... http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=11131.0
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 03:43:43 AM by Amarghetta »

Offline g4rfield

• Yocchan is my chan~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #195 on: August 18, 2007, 07:35:48 AM »

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #196 on: September 09, 2007, 12:36:24 PM »
Thanks, Amarghetta, for clearing that up.  G4rfield, I hope that answered your question.

After a long hiatus, this story will continue.  I'm a bit excited about writing it, but also a little worried that I'll lose track of it midway through.  Good luck, me!

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #197 on: September 09, 2007, 01:17:33 PM »
Chapter 21

I was in bed for two more days.  My fever got worse before it got better, and for a moment while I lay there agonising over the injustices of life, it crossed my mind that my sickness was all some sort of karmic revenge for having laughed at Hasegawa's infection with the bird flu.  Maybe I had it, too.

Aya took care of me those two days.  She had to go to work on the second day, but she made sure she returned home as early as possible.  She sat on the floor by my side, brought me light food and water, read to me (nothing deep), patted my back when I felt sick, and even talked or sang me to sleep in a voice softer than I had imagined her capable of.

There was no more talk of the situation between us or the tension I felt at the back of my mind when I thought about it.  Thoughts pertaining to this were swept away by silent looks between us whenever we saw each other and by the incredibly ill feeling that had taken up most of my attention.

I woke up after those two days, my head feeling clear and my body wanting to stand up.  There was no dull throb of pain from the constant headache that had haunted me, and I felt genuinely hungry for the first time in days. 

I could see that it was dark outside, but I wasn't sure if it was late night or early morning.  I was alone in the room, although judging from the sounds I could hear coming from the living room, it couldn't be too early in the morning or too late in the evening.  There were voices speaking.  I assumed one was Aya's.

I rolled up from bed slowly, careful not to get a head rush, and I slid the door open quietly.  Sitting at the kotatsu were Aya and Shibata, each with a cup of tea, both looking very warm and comfortable with their heater.

When Aya saw me, she looked alarmed and started to stand up, asking what was wrong, but I shook my head.

"Don't worry.  Don't get up," I said quickly.

I had a feeling I had interrupted Shibata in mid-sentence.  She was eying me carefully.  I gave her a tiny nod as a greeting, and I made my way over to the table, inviting myself to slip my legs under the blanket.  Delicious warmth spread up my body immediately and I felt happier than I'd been in days.  My fever had kept me an uncomfortable kind of warm, but this heat that came from outside of me made me feel as though I was one hundred percent better.

"How are you feeling?" Aya asked.

"A lot better," I told her.  "No more sick feeling."

"Aya-chan told me you've been down with some sort of flu for a while.  I was worried," Shibata said.

Shibata.  A girl I'd met once and that I hardly knew other than through stories from Aya.  Why was it, then, that when she said this, she sounded genuine?  She didn't sound like she was merely being polite.

"Sorry to have worried you," I apologised.  "And thank you."

I looked to my left at the DVD player to check the time.  Half past nine.

I felt very disoriented, unsure of what day it was.  I didn't ask, however, because that knowledge would be of no use to me at the moment.  Whether it was Thursday or Saturday made no difference to me.

The three of us sat in an awkward silence.  There was a lot that had to be said, but nobody was taking the first step.

"Do you want something to eat?  Drink?" Aya asked quickly, almost seeming oblivious to the tension in the air.

She was a good actor.

"Actually, I could use both," I said sheepishly, feeling my hunger and thirst grow tenfold at her suggestion of food and drink.

Before I could say a thing, she'd sprung up and gone to the kitchen to get me something.  I was about to follow and help, but Shibata spoke to me and kept me seated.

"I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable last weekend.  I didn't mean to react that way to you.  I think Aya-chan explained why I did that..."

I felt like I was in a science fiction movie.  The topic we were about to get into - the topic I had decided from there on to push us deeper into - was the perfect subject for such a movie.

"I think I kind of get it," I said with a forgiving look.

Shibata took a sip of tea, pausing with her lips just grazing the rim of the cup.  I looked down at the surface of the table.  Aya started to heat something up in the microwave.

I pictured a photographer coming in silently and taking a photo of the scene.  Critics would call it his next great work.  They'd say things like "the way he's photographed it, you can see the tension - the awkwardness - in the air!"

No, it wasn't so much awkwardness as it was an uncertainty as to how to proceed.  Since there was no precedent, the three of us didn't know what was going on.  We didn't know how to talk about it.  Our brains required different methods to process the information.  If anything, Aya had the best chance of the three of us.  She'd been painfully aware of at least the first situation - the disappearance of her proper Miki - for months.  At least she was prepared to think in a different way.  The second situation was the fact that people in this city - people like Shibata - felt a strange familiarity when they saw me.  This one none of us had a grasp on.

"What about me do you find familiar?"

To say I was mildly interested would be an understatement.  I was wildly curious.  Shibata, on the other hand, couldn't keep a flash of discomfort from passing through her eyes.

"Why?" she asked me.

Why?  Wasn't it obvious?  I wanted to know just how similar we were.  Who was this other girl that shared my face and half of my history?

I was about to get this point across to her in fewer and more abrupt words when Aya came back with a bowl of food and tea for me.  Shibata and I hushed up as she set them both down in front of me, and I looked at her gratefully.

"Thanks, Aya-chaaaan," I said cutely, forgetting Shibata was there.

It wasn't a meal for kings.  It was rice and green beans.  Simple, but good for someone who hadn't eaten a proper meal in days.  I started to eat as slowly as possible, taking my time so that I wouldn't get that sick feeling one gets when one eats too quickly on an empty stomach.

"Well, now that she's awake, I should be going," Shibata said, standing up.

I paused with chopsticks in my mouth and Aya looked up in surprise.

"No, don't go," she said.  "You don't have to."

Shibata looked down at me quickly, and I nodded in agreement with Aya.  I still wanted an answer to my question.

"I should, though.  It's getting late."

Shibata would not accept the invitation to stay longer.  Aya got up to see her to the door as I sat and watched from the able.

"Once you recover fully, give me a call.  I'm sure we could find time to talk," Shibata said to me.

She then followed Aya to the door.  With a wave, she was gone.

Aya came back to the table and sat across from me.

"Are you sure you're feeling better?" she asked worriedly.

"Aya-chan, I'd be doing cartwheels around the living room right now if I wasn't afraid of crashing into your furniture," I reassured her.  "I'm fine."

She looked relieved.

"You had me worried.  One more day and I would've dragged you to the hospital."

I smiled at her while chewing.

"I'm fine," I repeated through a mouthful of rice.

Aya took the remote control and turned the television set on, setting it to some talk show for background noise.  I looked at the screen, and when I saw the newscaster, I was reminded of Nakanoko-chan.  The woman on the screen bore an uncanny resemblance to my friend, which reminded me that I'd called her a while ago and had heard no reply from her.  I'd become too busy with my life to follow up on my failed call to her, and I suddenly wondered if she was okay.

"But I need to make a phone call," I said quickly, getting up and trying to find my phone.

"Kuni-chan?" Aya asked.  "She called a couple of times to see how you were.  She'll be happy to hear from you."

"Oh, that troublemaker?  I'd forgotten about her," I joked.  "No, that's not who I'm calling.  A friend from back home."

I found my phone and settled back at the table.

"Are you finished with that?" Aya asked, pointing to my bowl.

I nodded.  She took it with the rest of the things from the table and went to do the dishes, giving me some privacy.  I found the correct number and pressed dial, waiting impatiently for a response.

Six rings later when I thought I'd be directed to the voicemail box, a tired voice answered.

"Hello?"

"Nakanoko-chan!" I exclaimed, although positive that something was wrong.

"Micchan, hi," she said, sounding relieved that it was me.

Who else could it be?  It's not like anyone else could be calling from this number.

"Are you all right?" I asked.

"Actually, I'm at the hospital right now," she said in a quiet voice.

My heart froze.

"What happened?" I demanded.

"I'm okay," she said quickly.  "I didn't tell you before, but my uncle was diagnosed with cancer.  It wasn't too serious, but his condition got worse two weeks ago.  I've been practically living here because he has nobody else.  The doctor says he doesn't have much longer."

I'd heard of this uncle.  He was a terror.  Nakanoko-chan had always told me horror stories about him back when we were younger, but over the years as she grew up and got to know him, he became less scary and more interesting.  Now he was on his deathbed...

"I'm sorry," I said.

"Don't be.  He's had a full life.  People might not like him much, but he's pretty satisfied with what he's accomplished.  Listen, I'm sorry for not returning your call before.  You sounded like you needed a friend."

"Hah," I said, remembering that terrible day.  "I'm fine now.  Just had a rough day."

I heard a noise on her end.

"Hang on a sec," she said quickly, and I heard her speak to someone before coming back on the line.  "Micchan, I'll contact you later.  There's been a change in his condition."

My heart went out to her.  It sounded like a change for the worse.  I said goodbye, and I wondered when the next time I'd talk to her would be.

"Everything okay?" Aya asked, coming back to sit with me.

I explained briefly the situation, and she stayed respectfully silent, and I compared my life in Hokkaido to my life in Kanto.  There was one thing that didn't make sense to me, and I changed our topic of conversation to reflect my curiosity.

"Why is it that none of this weirdness started until I came here to this city?" I asked.  "I lived the vast majority of my life without being mistaken for some non-existent celeb.  Then I met you, came here, and suddenly the entire city is bowing at my feet."

Aya looked just as puzzled about the question as I did.

"I don't know," she sighed.  "I don't understand any of it.  I haven't found any answers.  Trust me, I would have told you."

That was a mood dampener.  We sat silently watching the talk show.

Maybe we weren't supposed to meet, I thought suddenly.  Maybe things got messed up because of her coming to my hometown.

I shook my head.  What a ridiculous thought!

"What?" she asked.

I shook my head again.

"Nothing.  Are you tired?  Go to bed.  You've been working long shifts playing famous star and doctor."

"I'm not ti-" she started, but she interrupted herself with a yawn, followed by a sheepish look.  "I'm exhausted and I have to leave here at five-thirty tomorrow.  Do you mind if I go ahead?"

I pointed to her bedroom commandingly.

"Go sleep."

She saluted me and went off to get ready for bed.

I sat in the living room, not one bit tired, wondering what was going to happen from that moment on.  I turned to the television and watched talk shows well into the early morning, falling asleep under the kotatsu and having pleasant dreams that I couldn't remember the next morning.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 02:33:58 PM by OTN1 »

Offline Novaforever

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Queen of HALCALI
« Reply #198 on: September 09, 2007, 01:58:34 PM »
Oh yay!  I had to get up super early to do my laundry this morning and was in a bad mood about that.  But as soon as I looked here and saw you finally posted a new chapter on Restart, my bad mood disappeared! 

I'm glad that you got your inspiration or whatever to continue with this story.  I'm intrigued to see how the awkwardness over Miki and Aya's whole situation will be resolved.  Ooh there was so much tension there! 

Offline Kei-Br

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kissing You Oh~ My Love
« Reply #199 on: September 10, 2007, 12:18:50 AM »
WELCOME BACK AWSOME INPIRATION!!!! :love:

*waiting for more*

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Double - Say I Gotta Believe!