JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: D-Unit - I`m Missin` You

Author Topic: SEARCH [ . C #28 + Epilogue ] 31 December 2011  (Read 43724 times)

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Re: SEARCH [ . # 2 updated 31 May 2011 ]
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2011, 08:13:20 PM »
So I was right. Haru is Risa's daughter!

Well, this just keeps getting more interesting. I assume we'll get the story behind that eventually...

Did Konno and Ai actually meet and become friends or did Ai simply forget her because they weren't close or is Ai pretending she doesn't remember or did she lose her memory? Whew, that's a lot of or's...

Ya know, it's too bad Ai is so insistent on being the odd man out, we would have had a great gokkies scene early on otherwise.

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
Re: SEARCH [ . # 2 updated 31 May 2011 ]
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2011, 12:22:01 PM »
@ oddball : Something had definitely happened to Ai which had led to her current behaviours, especially her attitude towards Risa and her team of people. So . .

@ alwaysYou : hahah. I think most people are shocked as well. hmmm. regarding the thing part, I really enjoyed writing that . . . So more of it would appear in the latter chapters :) hehehe and 1 last thing, I was smiling like a crazy women when I heard the five stars for this week. Congrads! It's nice to hear Ai-chan pronouncing the country's name. It was CUTE. HAHAH all thanks to You :)

@ resop2 : Ah. . .I see I see. I haven't watched CSI Miami. I only watched the CSI for a period of time. But I stopped watching them all, so .. . hahha

@ shenlog : Yupps! I do see Gaki-san as a mother though. She's so kind and gentle. hehehe

@ Bamtai : Really?? Hmmmmm . . .. hehehe your last question - it's answered in this chapter.

@ kano-chan : Yes a daughter *look at you very innocently* What will happen to TAKAGAKI???!!! hehehe not telling . heheheh:)

@ rndmnwierd : Yuppps you were right! hehehe. Well about Konno and Ai-chan, what i can say is that . . . they do know each other .:)

And now . .. lets' go on! It's crazily long!

. [ # 3 ]

"Kamei-san." A cold voice echoed in the empty room caused Eri to look up from long trail of words on her computer screen. "Why are you still in the office at such a time?" Eri blinked her tired eyes to moisten them and squinted them to make up the identity of the person who had just entered the room. And when she did, she immediately sprung up from her seat.

"Takahashi-san!" Eri greeted wearily. 

"Why are you still in this office at this time?" Ai asked again as she got herself nearer to where Eri was.

"I was just trying to finish off the DNA report of Miyazaki-san's case." Eri answered timidly while fixing her vision on her feet, fearing that she would get scolded by Ai again for her slow work speed and productivity.

Ai nodded her head lightly at Eri's explanation.

"What is Takahashi-san back in the office for?" Eri asked curiously, though still not making any eye contact with Ai.

"I left my house key in the office." Ai replied curtly. Eri nodded her head lightly for her acknowledgement. Ai moved away from Eri and disappeared behind the door of her office, only to reappear back to the common working area within seconds and before Eri. "Have you eaten?" Ai asked monotonously.

Eri shook her head unconscientiously. When she realised what she did moments before, she opened her mouth quickly and spoke. "I meant I had eaten, Takahashi-san."

"You can have this." Ai continued impassively as she placed the take away bag on Eri's desk. Not waiting for any responses from Eri, Ai paced out of CIL, leaving Eri staring blankly at the box of omelette rice that was presented before her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ai turned the key, unlocking the door to the apartment where she had just moved in a week ago, and was welcomed by the total darkness of the room. Flicking the switch that was situated on the left hand side of the door, the room was illuminated immediately by the orange light. She removed her working boots and tossed them by the door before trotting into the living room.

Ai placed her working bag on the dining table and entered into her kitchen. She opened the top cupboard where her stocks of cup noodles were stored in and took one of it out, and started preparing for her dinner. The date on the calendar placed on the island counter caught the attention of Ai's eye when she was pouring the boiling water from the storage flask into her cup noodle, causing her heart to skip a throb. Her hands started to tremble, forcing her to return the storage flask back to the counter top.

Ai closed her eyes and took in a deep breath, hoping that that would ease the tightness she felt in her left chest. 'I shouldn't have come back after all. Why had I accepted the FSS's transfer for me to work in CIL. Why? I should have rejected the offer. . .  I shouldn't have come back after all . . . ' Ai thought painfully in her mind.

Ai left the kitchen and into her bedroom, where she flopped herself right away onto her bed upon entry into the room, burying her face into the smooth cover of her pillow. 'I thought I had gotten all over the past. Yet the moment I stepped into Narita Airport, all those memories . . . 'Ai thought in her mind. 'All those events that had happened . . . They had all flew back to me. . . Kon-chan too . . . I shouldn't have come back. . . I shouldn't have . . .  '

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Niigaki-san, thank you for sending me back home even after such a long day of work." Asami thanked as she grabbed hold of her handbag and brought it to her lap from the space between Makoto and her.

"You are welcome. It's part of my pleasure to do that you see, since I am the only one who owns a car over here." Risa returned and explained. "And it's a nice time to get to know more of you as well." Risa ended with a smile as she turned over and faced the two who were seated in the back seat.

Asami smiled at the response Risa had gave. "It's nice time too knowing more of you as well, Niigaki-san, and you adorable daughter." Asami finished.

The mention of Haru caused Risa to divert her attention to the little one who was seated beside her at the front seat. And the image of Haru snuggling into the soft cushion of the seat with her eyes closed brought a smile to Risa's face. "That cheeky little one . . ."

"Really, Niigaki-san, thank you for the ride back." Asami thanked again as she worked her fingers on the handle of the door, opening the door to allow herself to alight from her vehicle.

"Konkon! Wait for me." Makoto shouted out softly after Asami with herself preparing to get off the vehicle as well.

"Don't you want me to send you back, Mako-chan?" Risa asked as she Makoto opened the door on her side.

"Nah. It's better for you to just go straight back home. Haru's tired as well, isn't she? And she still have her school tomorrow." Makoto explained. "And, I do want to spend more time catching up with Konkon." Makoto finished. "Anyway, thank you for the ride, Gaki-san! I will see you tomorrow!" With that, Makoto closed the door and started to chase after Asami, who had started to move away from the vehicle and towards the build where she lived.

Risa unwound her seat window and shouted. "Mako-chan,  I will see you at work tomorrow! Make sure you don't do anything funny tonight!" Risa teased.

"Konkon!" Makoto called out as she made her way beside Asami and began walking beside her.

"Mako-chan? What are you doing here? Aren't you going home?" Asami asked in surprise, as she stared into Makoto's eyes to show her astonishment.

"I thought we could spent more time catching up with each other." Makoto explained while she looked away from Asami's glaze.

"Ah . . . " Asami noted by nodding her head lightly and continued walking the route to her apartment in silence.

"So, Konkon, how have you been all these 9 years? And unknowingly, We have too going to turn 28 soon. Time really passed fast, isn't that so?" Makoto broke the silence as the pair stopped at the bench that were situated at the bottom of Asami's apartment. "Do you want to sit down here as we talk?" Makoto continued asking.

"I don't mind." Asami replied in a soft voice as she walked over to where Makoto stopped and took a part of the space of the bench. Makoto followed as such as well.

"So how have you been, Konkon? You seemed like something was troubling you." Makoto asked.

"Hmmm?" Asami looked up from her hands. "Do I ?"

"You seemed different now . . . as compared to the high school days." Makoto continued.

"Well . . .people do grow up, don't we? Makoto you too seemed different as well. You looked more mature as compared to the cheeky 18 year old 8 years ago. That's life, isn't that so?" Asami tried to reassure.

"Well . . .That's true. But something about you were off today. Especially during dinner time. It couldn’t be Gaki-san right?" Makoto questioned again.

"Well, Mako-chan, you really made a good choice about going to police academy after your graduation from university." Asami said suddenly, changing where the topic was going.

"Why?" Makoto asked back innocently.

"Because you have a lot of questions to ask. Isn't that what was required of a police? I mean they always keep asking questions until they get the answer they wanted." Asami replied with a smile.

"And that doesn't allow you from escaping the questions I had for you." Makoto continued.

Risa carried the sleeping Haru out of her vehicle and rested Haru's head on her shoulder as she closed the door of the vehicle. She then walked slowly towards the lift lobby, hoping that that would reduce any vigorous motions that may awake the peaceful sleeping daughter of hers.

Haru started to stir awake as Risa reached the lift lobby. She removed her head from Risa's shoulder and rubbed her eyes tiredly. "Mama?"

"Ah! Sorry to wake you up." Risa apologised quietly as she looked into Haru's eyes. "Mama should have brought you home earlier. Haru-chan still have your lessons tomorrow right? Gomen ne." Risa coaxed as she entered the elevator.

Haru shook her head frivolously. "Haru likes to spend time with Mama."

Risa smiled genuinely at Haru and her innocence. She leaned her forehead against Haru's and grinned. "It's Haru-chan birthday tomorrow! So, what do Haru-chan wants?"

"As long as Mama is with Haru, Haru is satisfied !" Haru beamed as she snuggled against the forehead Risa hand placed against hers.

"Okay! Mama promise Haru that I will not be late to pick Haru up from school! And we will go to eat Haru's favourite food!" Risa suggested as the pair reached their level.

"Hai!"

"Good morning!" Eri greeted energetically as she entered the CIL office. Even though she had spent most of the previous night in the office trying to get the work done, for some reasons that herself had not knew, she felt herself brimmed with energy.

"Eririn! That's so unusual for you to reach on time." Sayumi greeted as Eri closed the distance between them. "Did the sun rose from the west instead from the east today?"

"Haha. Very funny Sayu." Eri mocked. She then ran her eyes through the desk area of the room, only to observe her colleagues burying her head into the imaginary pile of work on their desk. "What's wrong with everyone this morning? That's not how they act in the morning." Eri noted.

"Takahashi." Sayumi mentioned the name of Ai, which was the cause of the unusual behaviour of the department. "She's even earlier than me." Sayumi continued as Eri glanced over to Ai's office.

'I don't think she's as scary and horrible as everyone thought she was . . .' Eri wondered in the back of her mind. A poke on Eri's upper left up brought her back from her  own world of thoughts.

"She's coming out soon. Get back to your desk now. We can talk over lunch later in the afternoon." Sayumi whispered into Eri's ear before shoving her towards the direction of her desk.

"That hurts!" Eri whined. She pulled the roller chair out and sat on it, before drawing herself nearer to the table top. A brown folder appeared before her, causing Eri to looked up from the desk.

"I have seen the report." Ai spoke. "I will be back in the moment. The chief had something to see me about." Ai finished before she left Eri's table and away from the CIL office.

"Chief, what is it that you have to see me about?" Ai entered the meeting room the chief had asked her to be in after knocking the door and asked. There was another one person other than the chief.  Her eyebrow furrowed the moment she saw the third person in the room.

"Ah, Takahashi-san, you are here! Come over  here." The chief called out.

Ai walked into the room and closed the door behind her. She then moved towards the chair where the chief had indicated for here, directly across the third person in the room. "Good morning." Ai greeted without any intonation in her voice.

"Let me introduce, Takahashi-san, this is Yoshizawa-san, Senior Superintendent of the FID. I think you two should have met each other during the staff meeting the day before." The chief started.

"I'm Yoshizawa Hitomi, Nice to meet you." Hitomi introduced herself once again as she offered her hand for a friendly handshake. Ai stayed still for a long moment before reaching the hand and shook it. "Chief, is it alright that I would like to have a private conversation with Takahashi-san?"

"Sure! I will leave it to the two of you then!" The chief finished off and left the office, leaving the two in the room of awkward silence.

"I thought you looked kind of familiar to me when I first saw you the day before. After spending a long time thinking back last night, I finally remembered where I had seen you before." Hitomi had decided to speak up after the long moment of silent in the room. "I never thought I will see you again."

"You bet so. I guess you won't want to see me for the rest of your life." Ai grunted back brutally as she shot a vicious stare at Hitomi.

"Seems like you are doing well, aren’t you?" Hitomi continued as she ignored the cold attitude Ai had just gave her.

"Does that matters to you?" Ai returned coldly as she looked away from Hitomi.

"Was that the reason why you are giving a hard time to my people?" Hitomi decided to move away from the topic she had initially intended to talk to Ai about and towards the other reason she had asked to talk to Ai privately.

"Does that matters to you either?" Ai gave the same response to Hitomi.

"Look, whatever that had happened back then was between us and not -" Before Hitomi could finish what she wanted to express, Ai had stood up from the seat and interrupted her.

"Don't bring up any of the things that had happened 8 years ago. It's not going to change anything. It's not going to change my life. And it's your fault. It's the fault of the police. That's something that will not change either. And it will not change the way I behave either. Please excuse me." With that, Ai made her way to the exit.

"Takahashi-san, please wait!" Hitomi called out.

"I have nothing to say to you nor do I want to hear anything from you." Ai replied one last time, with her monotonous voice and closed the door, leaving Hitomi all alone in the meeting room.

"Is that thing in?" Risa asked the first instance she stepped into the CIL office.

Eri looked up from her work when she heard the voice of her best friend, or to be accurate, her ex-girlfriend. The two still managed to maintain as best friend even after the split up nearly 7 years ago as they both agreed that they were better off as best friend rather than lovers. "Gaki-san? What 'that thing' ?" Eri asked when Risa came over to her desk.

"She's talking about the new person of our department." Miki chipped in.

"She just said the answer." Risa shrugged her shoulders and pointed at Miki.

"Takahashi-san?" Eri said out the person she thought they might be talking about to reconfirm her thoughts.

"What else?" Risa snorted playfully as she sat on the position where Sayumi sat previously. "I can't believe you still can address her properly. She doesn't even act humanely. Why bother to address her properly."

"Why are you so hostile towards her, Gaki-san?" Eri asked queeringly.

"Didn't you heard what she said to me on the phone yesterday when I called and asked whether the reports were ready or not?" Risa asked back.

Eri nodded her head, understanding the reason of Risa's action. "But still . . . I don't think that's her true personality. She seems like she's a nice person." Eri continued, this time round expressing the thoughts that were on her mind moments ago.

"Kame, are you alright?" Risa asked as she pressed her palm on Eri's forehead playfully.

"What?" Eri snapped as she tried to brush Risa's hand away from her forehead. "Of course I am alright!" Eri continued as she pouted.

"Well I guessed you are not since you are the only one in this room who think that 'that thing' is a good person, I mean, a good thing." Risa explained as she began to explore the Eri's stationeries.

"I don't think she's that mean. She did saved me from falling down yesterday. And even though she said that she would not hesitate to fire any of us when we make amateur mistakes, she did not do that when I made one yesterday. She even gave me her dinner when she heard that I had not eaten. How mean can one person get to if there's this side of her that existed?" Eri analysed.

"Kame." Risa called out seriously as she held onto Eri's shoulders with her both hands. "I can conclude one thing from there."

"What?" Eri tilted her head and looked into Risa's eyes with seriousness.

"You were definitely in your dreamland when that happened." Risa continued, and that had successfully earned Risa a slap on her right forearm.

"I'm not going to talk to you about this anymore." Eri pouted. "So tell me, what are you doing so early in CIL, looking for Takahashi-san, when you hate her guts so much?"

"Who said I was looking for her?" Risa jerked herself back at Eri's statement. "It would be best if I do not need to see her today. That would make my life so much happier."

"Then I would say, it's not going to happen." A third voice participated into the conversation. "I'm sad to say that your day is ruined again, Gaki."

"Damn." Risa cursed inaudibly under her breath.

"To prevent your day from being further ruined by the worthless item you deemed, I think it's best for you to just take this and go." Ai continued as she picked up the brown folder she placed on Eri's desk before she left and shoved it into Risa's face. "And I do think that you should have better stuffs to do rather than just sitting and gossiping with my people. If you want to do that, do that to your boss. I supposed she would so much happier to entertain you with that, Gaki." With that, Ai picked up her pace and returned back to her room.

"Kame, I seriously think that there's something wrong with your brain. You call this item a good person? Oh gosh!" Risa grunted as she stood up from her seat on the desk. "I'm going back now." Risa continued.

"Gaki-san!" Eri called out from her seat, stopping Risa at the main entrance of the office. Risa turned back and gave her attention to what Eri was to say. "Help me wish Happy Birthday to Haru. It's her birthday today, isn't that so?" Eri continued.

Risa nodded her head at the question before continuing. "I will. Kame, Thank you. . . "

Risa was seated in the mini meeting room with Makoto. The table was piled with documents they had collected from the different department. The pair were seated in the room, discussing about the clues they had received from the evidence collected from the crime scene.

"The CIL analysed the rope that were used to hang the deceased onto the attic. The fibres made up the rope are common fibres that you can find off the street. Wood splinters were found on the rope, which meant that the deceased was tied onto the rope first, before being dragged up the attic."

"The fingerprint analysis showed that there were two distinct sets of different fingerprint recovered from the scene, one set belonging to the deceased while the other set was remained unknown as it does not match any of the fingerprints in the CIL database. That could mean that there's a possibility that the deceased does not stay alone. It could be also be said that the other set of fingerprint belongs to the murderer."

"The DNA analysis of the fingernails of the deceased, hair fibres collected from the house, the skin fragments from the ends of the rope showed that there was only 1 person. In another words, the DNA recovered all belonged to 1 person - the deceased."

"Wait." Risa stopped the discussion. "How could it be that the fingerprint results gave 2 people while the DNA only have 1. If there were 2 people staying in the house, would that mean that there would be DNA of 2 people present? If the fingerprint belongs to the murderer, why would the murderer spend so much time removing the source of DNA he or she might left and forget about the fingerprints?" Risa asked,

"One more shot please!" Ai called out to the bartender as she gulped down the her current cup. 'Why must I see her again? Why must she remind me of everything that had happened? Why? I shouldn't come back. Maybe I should quit the job so that I won't bump into her as often as I would if we were not working in the same building.'

"Miss, your shot." The bartender cleared the empty cup before Ai and placed a fresh one before her. Without hesitation, Ai picked it up and emptied the contents down her throat before calling for another round. 'But won't that mean that I'm running away from my problems?' The new cup was once again placed before Ai. She took it and drank it. 'But wasn't that what I was doing all these years?'

Feeling that her mind was all congested, Ai raised her hand and ordered a new round of shots. 'Why is this so bitter? Why am I drowning myself in this alcohol when I hated them in the first place?' Ai thought as she leaned her face on the marble table top. Her thoughts were starting to get disoriented. 'Maybe that was the reason why people always drink when they have sorrows. It's easier to forget with them . . . ' Ai continued thinking. 'Today was the day . . . ' Her heart clenched painfully in her left chest, causing her to halt her breath to stop the pain. 'Till this day . . . It still hurts . . . ' Her vision were starting to get blurred, causing her to miss the glass when she was reaching her hand for it. 'Stop thinking about it, Ai. You have to stop thinking about it . . . '

"Haru-chan! Was the dinner nice?" Risa asked as she held firmly onto Haru's right hand as the mother-daughter pair walked down the neon-illuminated street of Tokyo.

"Yes!" Haru chipped sharply, causing the corners of Risa's lip to curve up. "Mama, something's missing today." Haru looked at Risa in her own way of seriousness and murmured.

"What's missing?" Risa feigned innocence, pretending that she did not understand what Haru was talking about.

"Where's my birthday cake for this year?" Haru pouted.

"Ah! Mama had totally forgotten about that!" Risa pretended to be surprised as she pulled Haru closer to her knees. "Gomen ne."

"It's alright. Haru don't need any cake. Haru just need Mama to be with her will do." Haru continued, though the pout on her face told the otherwise story.

"Hmmm. Why not let us go to Haru's favourite bakery shop to get one now? We can cut the cake when we reached home?" Risa suggested. She had already ordered the cake with Haru's favourite Disney characters as the design of the cake. And that was the surprise she wanted to give to Haru.

As soon as Haru heard Risa's suggestion, the pout on her face disappeared immediately and was replaced by a bright grin. "Really?" Haru asked. Risa nodded her head at the question. Haru started to drag Risa down the street, towards the familiar direction of her favourite confectionary shop. "Mama is the best!" Haru chanted as she sifted through the crowd, leaving Risa to do the apologising when they knocked onto someone.

"Haru-chan, slow down." Risa called out. But the excited girl heard none of that. There was only one thing in her mind at the moment. The cake. Haru squealed the instant the stop at the fridge of the shop. "Look Mama! Look! Disney! Stitch! Mickey and Minnie! Donald and Daisy!" Risa squatted down and brought herself to the same level as Haru. The writings on the cake caught her attention as well. "Is that cake for me, Mama?" Haru turned around and looked at Risa with happiness written all over her face.

Risa nodded her head at the last question which caused her to be pushed down onto the fall by the sudden hug of Haru. "Mama is the best!"

Risa got herself back to her feet and entered the shop where she paid and collected the cake she had ordered. "Let's go, Haru-chan! It's cake time!" Risa held onto Haru's hand with her left while her right held onto the cake box and walked out of the confectionary shop.

The moment they stood out of the confectionary shop, a commotion was heard on the opposite end of the street when Risa had stopped her vehicle. The commotion caught the attention of Risa, causing her to turn her head towards the direction of commotion while Haru pulled Risa towards the direction of the car. "Mama, what are you looking at?" Haru asked when she realised Risa was not facing towards the direction of the car.

"Wait a minute, Haru-chan." Risa hushed. Her attention was caught by the group of young males surrounding a lady who was not walking steadily. Her police instincts told her that the lady was drunk.

"Pretty lady, do you want us to send you back home?" One of the male from the group asked as he reached out his hand to grabbed the hands of the lady.

"Go away!" The lady pushed the male away, allowing Risa to catch a glimpse of how the lady looked like.

"Gosh! You really like ruining my day, don't you?" Risa muttered under her breath. 'Should I go and help? But it's 'that thing' ! I don't want my wonderful day with my Haru-chan to be ruin by her. But . . . .' Unable to betray her conscience, Risa brought Haru back to the vehicle and ensured that she's safe inside before going back to the scene of commotion. Ai had already fallen into slumber and was held by one of the stronger male in the group.

"Police, what are you guys doing?" Risa asked as she flashed her police ID.

"Madam, we are just trying to help our friend over here to get back home. Is that a crime?" One of them replied.

"Well, you can leave that to me. Go away before I'll get the patrolling officers to come." With that, Risa pulled Ai's left hand over her shoulder, taking Ai's weight over from the male, and brought her back to her vehicle, where she loaded Ai onto the backseat.

"Who is she, Mama?" Haru asked when Risa got into the driver's seat.

"Trouble." Risa answered and started the engine.

"Haru-chan, can you open the door for Mama?" Risa asked as she passed the keys to Haru.

"Hai!" Haru responded as she took over the key and ran towards the door.

"Haru-chan, you will sleep with Mama tonight, is that okay? I will let this trouble to sleep in your room tonight." Risa continued as she dragged Ai into Haru's room and threw her onto Haru's bed. She then started to remove Ai's boots and left the room, closing the door after her.

"Mama, who is she?" Haru asked when Risa got out of the room.

"Something who likes to pop up in my daily life and ruin it." Risa answered and gritted her teeth.

"Huh?" Haru responded as she tilted her head.

"Never mind about that. Let's cut your birthday cake, Haru-chan!" Risa changed the topic as she got herself into the kitchen and washed her hands.

'It hurts . . . ' Ai struggled to open her eyes. The throbbing headache she was experiment made it worse. 'What happened last night?' Ai continued to recall back in her mind.

"Good morning, Onee-chan!" A childish voice caused Ai to sprung open her eyes. And there she saw before her, a little girl dressed in school uniform, squatting on the floor and looking at her innocently. "Good morning! Did you have a good night sleep? Haru did because Haru had the chance to sleep with Mama yesterday."

Ai sat up on the bed only to find herself wearing the set of clothing she wore yesterday. "Ah." Ai cried out as her brain knocked against the wall of the skull.

"Are you okay, Onee-chan?" Haru asked again as she climbed up onto her bed and sat beside Ai.

"Who - who are you? Where am I ?" Ai stuttered as she tried to battle against the headache she was having.

"My name is Haru! You are in my room!" Haru replied.

"That didn't answer my question, little one." Ai muttered under her breath and was remained unheard by Haru.

"Haru-chan! Where are you?" You are running late for school!" A clear distinct voice echoed into the room.

'That sounds like that Gaki.' Ai noted silently in her mind.

"Ah! Mama's calling for me!" Haru reacted as she climbed off the bed and ran out of the room. "I am here Mama. The Onee-chan had woke up!" Haru continued.

Ai hung her legs off the bed and tried to stand up. 'I will never drink in my life, ever.' She picked up her boots that were placed at the end of the bed and began to walk out of the room in baby steps.

"So you are up." A curt voice stop Ai in her motion.

'So it’s really the Gaki.' Ai thought in her mind as Risa stopped before Ai with a set of toiletries in her hands.

"I never thought you have a life on drinking. I didn't know that non-living things do know how to drink." Risa snorted.

"Me neither." Ai's hangover did not stopped her from being hostile towards Risa.

"You can wash yourself up with these. They are all brand new." Risa informed as she held the items before Ai and waited for her to hold over. But Ai did not. Instead, she crossed pass Risa and headed straight towards the main door.

"I don't need them. And don't expect me to show any gratitude for that." Ai informed as she put on her boots.

"I am not. Non-living things don't know what's the meaning of being thankful in the first place, so why would I be expecting that?" Risa returned.

"Then that's good, Gaki." With that, Ai exited Risa's apartment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's the end of chapter 3!
My exams are in 2 weeks time . . .But i will still try to write and update at least once a week for now :)
de wa
till the next chapter then!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 12:21:57 PM by caiyunki »

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: SEARCH [ . # 3 updated 3 June 2011 ]
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 12:51:38 PM »
So, Ai's just a bitch because of painful memories? Something to do with Yossui? I kind of cringe at how completely and totally ungrateful Ai is.

But I have a feeling her and Gaki just became a tiny bit closer, despite everything said between them. XD

Offline Bamtai

• Member+
  • I'll do anything for your smile Risa!
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 02:00:21 PM »
Wau, those two really seem to hate each others  :shocked And Haru is just too cute, love her  :heart:
So Ai knew at least Konkon and Yossie in the past. I wonder what happened that time  :?
Man, exams can be really painful! Luckily my school ended this week. Take all your time!!  :jphip:

Offline alwaysYou

• Aigaki<3 and AiReina<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Defeated by Aichan..Forever Lovely Aichan..<3
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 05:53:53 PM »
hehehe and 1 last thing, I was smiling like a crazy women when I heard the five stars for this week. Congrads! It's nice to hear Ai-chan pronouncing the country's name. It was CUTE. HAHAH all thanks to You
ahhhhhh.. :shocked
you know it's me??!?!?! LOL

So Kon chan and Yossie is like a nightmare to Aichan..she is really cold to both of them..and doesnt even want to admit she know them..i wonder what Yossie had done 8 years ago..and make Aichan doesnt want to talk about it again..that the incident that change Aichan right..maybe she lost something very impt to her? cause of the police fault..

Gakisan and Aichan still hate each other huh..XD XD..
Gakisan -> Aichan : A Brat
Aichan -> Gakisan : A Thing
XD

Offline Kikk4r

• Member+
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2011, 06:14:35 PM »
OMG a damn long update i kind og love them but this must have taken forever to writt  :nervous

but i love the Cold Aichan i mean the "thing" :lol: i kind of think that it might have hurt her to be called a thing all the time of risa  :huhuh

ahhh i wanna know more :inlove: <----- lol (it dosent make sens do it :nervous)

but keep up pleas  :cow:

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2011, 06:18:32 AM »
OMG, so Ai-chan was actually a really nice person :heart:, but thanks to SOMEBODY(Yossie), she was hurt and became what she is now. :angry:

Umm...Hopefully, Haru isn't Gaki-san's biological daughter..? :mon pray2: I don't know.. It just seem really weird if you put TakaGaki with a Haru. ;)

Haru called Ai-chan, Onee-chan. :D

So sad how Risa doesn't even think of Ai-chan as a person anymore. :(

Throw me another!  :grin:

Offline Tchips

• Moshi moshi Kame yo. Kame-san yo.
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2011, 10:45:27 AM »
 Maybe Risa taking Aichan home to not let her get abused by those guys will make Ai-chan changing her mind a little about that "Gaki"

I wanna know what happened to Ai 8 years ago!! And why does it involve Yossie and all the policemen/women :panic:

Breaking them is a crime!

Offline sunc

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2011, 12:51:53 AM »
I've been reading this story and i just might leave a comment and stop lurking around  :nervous
i find mama Gaki really adorable  :wub: i could imagine her being like that but i noticed something about Haru and Ai and thought that maybe they have something to do with each other? :huhuh  whatever that hapened to Ai it was the same day Haru was born? i mean it was 8 years the same day and they both seem to dislike tomatos   :mon dunno: but maybe it's a trap  :banghead:  XD
i hope you update soon  :twothumbs

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2011, 12:54:19 PM »
So Ai is the way she is because of something that happened in the past, as she knows Yossie I'm thinking that it msut involve the police in some way, did they fail Ai, by failing to protect her family or something or was Ai a policewoman herself and was thrown out unfairly or something?

I'm thinking thatthe poilce failed her in some way which is why she hates them so much and joined her division to be better than then police and show them up.

Seems as though for all her words about callinmg Ai a 'thing' rather than a person she could not leave her to be abused by the men, but then this is because Gaki is a good person, not because it's Ai she's saving, seems as though Ai is about a grateful as Gaki expected, perhpas if she ever finds out about the real reason she may become more graful then she was....

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2011, 05:25:35 AM »
Okay.. So here's a little bit more of my thoughts. I think Ai-chan wasn't too grateful about Gaki saving her was because that's just the job of the police force. :roll: They can't just stand there and do nothing. Perhaps that's why Ai-chan didn't thank her and Gaki-san didn't expect any gratitude.  :roll:

Oh yeah, and Eri is like the only person who thinks Ai-chan is actually a nice person. Maybe Ai-chan would open up to her first. :)

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2011, 05:43:38 AM »

@ rndmnwierd : Well . . .There's something more than painfully memory to Ai's behaviour. Yossui was kinda of part of the cause. Just a little tweeny bit.

@ Bamtai : Rather than they hate each other, it's just Ai hating the entire police force, while Risa disliking the way Ai act and behave. Hahah .  I wonder what happen then *look away* Exams are a pain in the butt. But I can't wait it to be over and done with. hahah THANK YOU!

@ alwaysYou : Heehehe. Yupps. I knew since you posted in my first story?? hehe HHMMM. . .Not telling though. heheeheh

@ Kikk4r : Hello! hahah. It's really long, but I do not know where should I end the chapter and ended up writing and writing. hahahha

@ kano-chan: hahah. Why would it be weird to see TAKAGAKI with a kid? I thought it was cute. hahah Haru have a very big role in this story . . .And perhaps . .. hmmmm . . .  Yupps, so only Makoto is Oba-chan to Haru. Hehee. about your second comment. it's half right for Ai but not for Gaki. Gaki had already labelled Ai as someone who doesn't deserve to be treated humanly, so she's not expecting anything from Ai. Ai . . . .

@ Tchips : Maybe it did, Maybe it did not . .. heheheh

@ sunc : Thank you for leaving a comment. It made me smile :) hehehe  Maybe ? Maybe not? hehehe not telling. Anyway, Haru's 7 years old. not 8 :) Good try! :) heheheh Once again, Thank you for commenting.

@ oddball : Hmmm. Ai's in the medical school 8 years ago, so she can't be in the police force. Yupps. It's Gaki police consciences that made her to help Ai from the men. so . . .

Alright, Chapter 4, i must mention about this first, that my mind wasn't functioning normally when i wrote this. Studying for exam made me aged. :(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

. [ # 4 ]

Risa placed both of her hands loosely on the steering wheel at the 2-10 position and kept her eyes on the road ahead of her. Though that, her mind was not.

"Happy Birthday, Haru-chan!" Risa whispered softly. She planted a soft kiss on Haru's forehead, tightened her hold around Haru's waist and patted lightly at her back as they two laid on Risa's bed.

"Thank you Mama. . . Haru loves you . . ." Haru whispered back.

"Mama loves you too." Risa hoaxed. "Sweet dreams." Risa continued.

Haru snuggled closer into Risa's chest and closed her eyes tiredly. As time passed by, her breathing started to slow down and had slowly fallen into a deep slumber.

'She had surely grown up. . . 7 years . . . It has been 7 long years. . . ' Risa thought silently in her mind as she slowed down her pace and patting till a complete stop when she reckoned Haru had fallen asleep. 'I glad she's growing up good. . . The sacrifice . . . The decision I had made 7 years ago . . . I guessed it's all worth it. . .'

Risa laid still on the bed for a long while. Just as she was about to fall asleep. A loud thud from Haru's room brought her back to her conscious again.

'What was that?' Risa thought as she sat up on her bed slowly and got off the bed cautiously, trying to prevent herself from creating large motion that would wake Haru from her sleep. 'Seriously, perhaps it's a bad decision to bring that thing back home.' Risa thought as she paced herself softly  out of the room, down the hallway and towards Haru's door. She twisted the door knob and opened the door. Instead of seeing Ai on the bed where Risa had left her previously, Risa found Ai lying on the floor.

'What is she doing on the floor? Did she managed to roll herself down the bed? ' Risa thought as she leaned her weight against the door, contemplating whether should she help Ai back onto the bed. 'She must be really wasted. To think that she had not regained her conscious after the great fall.' Risa thought in her mind. 'I didn't know that people like her do know what's the meaning of getting drunk and wasted. Well at least she showing some characteristic of being human over here.' Risa allowed her mind to continue wondering around, with her glaze never leaving the lady on the floor.

'She does look less irritating at her state now.' Risa reflected silently in her mind. 'What could have caused her to get so smashed? Maybe Kame was right about her.' Questions began to ran across her mind. But that did not drove away the sleepiness that she felt after lying on the bed for the long moment. Risa let off a long yawn. 'Maybe it's the best to leave her as it is.' Risa decided as she prepared herself to shut the door and return back to her room. Before she could do that, the soft and slurred voice of Ai stopped her.

"No~~ Go away~~ Go away~~~"

"Mama?" A soft tap on her left forearm brought Risa back from the late night memory.

"Yes, Haru-chan?" Risa responded as she peeked towards her left, where Haru was seated at.

"So do you agree with what I had said just now?" Haru continued.

"What were you saying just now?" Risa asked.

"You are not listening to me?" Haru pouted as she crossed her arms like an adult would do, pretending to be angry. 

"Ah . . . Gomen, Haru-chan. Mama was thinking about something. What was Haru-chan talking about just now? Mama is definitely listening to you now." Risa hoaxed as she made a right turn, turning into the alley street that would bring her to Haru's elementary school.

"I was saying . . . Mama you need not to bring and fetch Haru from school every day. Haru is -"

"Wait. How would Mama agree with that? That's so dangerous for Haru to go to and return from school by your own." Risa panicked as she halted into a complete stop before the school gate.

"Haru didn't say I will do it on my own." Haru pouted. "Haru's homeroom teacher had suggested that Haru can take the school bus for transportation."

"But still. . . " Risa contemplated. "You can start taking the school bus after Mama finds someone to look after you after school."

"Haru is 7 years old already." Haru beamed a confident smile to Risa. "Haru had grown up. I can take good care of myself." Haru continued with her puppy eyes staring into Risa's worried ones. "I don't want to tire Mama too much. Mama's work is already very tiring."

"But Haru . . . "

"Please Mama?" Haru begged with her puppy eyes.

"Can we talk about this again?" Risa stood firmed, not allowing the cutesy eyes of Haru to influence her decision.

"Mama, Please?" Haru continued her actions. "Sensei told us that today's the last day to sign up for the school bus. Mama, Please? Haru doesn't like to see Mama always rushing to and off work for Haru."

Risa knew Haru's intention. As much as she was worried about Haru's safety, she too knew that her job scope would cause her irregular working hours, and there would still be times where she need to leave Haru alone. 'Maybe . . . This could be a good start for her and me to learn . . . .'

"Say yes, Mama. Haru's 7 years old! Haru can take care of myself." Haru continued begging as she tilted her head, waiting patiently for Risa's permission.

Risa finally nodded her head reluctantly, resulting a bright smile on Haru's young features. "Thank you Mama!" Haru unbuckled her seatbelt and leaned towards Risa, placing a light peck on Risa's cheek. "I'm going off!" Haru declared and she opened the door and jumped off the seat. Swinging the door back, Haru waved frivolously to Risa before turning back and running towards the school gate, where she joined her group of little friends.

'She had surely grown up well. . . ' Risa thought in her mind. 'But still . . . It would be good if someone could be there to look after her when I'm busy . . . ' Risa concluded as she pushed down the handbrake and began on her journey back to her workplace.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Ai had left Risa's apartment, she had returned back to the office immediately, thus resulting her to be the first to arrive in the office once again. 'Good . . . At least I can have some time of being alone before people start coming in.' Ai thought as she closed the door of her office and proceed towards her drawer immediately, where she kept her extra sets of clean clothing and toiletries. She picked them up and exited the CIL office, leaving for the washroom where she would do her cleaning up and changing.

Both Sayumi and Miki had arrived at the office not long after Ai had left for the washroom. Sayumi unlocked the security door while observing the surroundings of the CIL office. She laughed out to Miki when she saw no one as the latter had expected to see in the room. "I told you so! She won't be here so early. I too guessed that the earliness she showed yesterday was only for yesterday. To think that you are so worried and decided to reach the office this early with me."

"Whatever!" Miki concluded as she pushed Sayumi away lightly and enter the room first. "I can conclude that she's someone that we can't mess with. So, it's always better to be safe than to be sorry." Miki continued as she proceed towards her seat beside Eri, opposite of Sayumi and set her things on the table.

"Yeah. I wonder why on earth there's someone like this?" Sayumi commented as she too placed her belongings on her desk and grabbed her chair and sat beside Miki, continuing the conversation the two had before they came.

"Why are you asking me? Do you think I would know the answer?" Miki responded as she stared queerly at Sayumi.

"I'm not asking you, I'm discussing it with you." Sayumi corrected as she crossed her arm and touched her chin using her right hand. "Nee, Fujimoto-san, let's check her profile from the database." Sayumi suggested.

"Why me?" Miki continued staring at Sayumi with her irked expression.

"Because you are better In handling the computer than I am. I only used the computer for the photoshop programmes and analysis of photos taken from the crime scene." Sayumi explained. "And, we are at your desk." Sayumi continued.

"Fine." Miki responded as she pulled herself nearer to the computer and began to work her fingers through the keypads on the keyboard. "There you go. . . " Miki informed as she turned the computer screen towards where Sayumi sat, allowing Sayumi to have a better view on of the computer screen.

"Woah! She's from the FSS in United Kingdom? One of the top as well? I never knew that." Sayumi commented.

"Neither do I." Miki added on as her eyes continued to trail down the computer screen.

Sayumi pulled her eyes off the screen and looked at Miki. "Could it be that because she's from UK, furthermore, one of the best from there, that she thought she's better than everyone of us?" Sayumi suggested.

"Are you trying to say that she's arrogant?" Miki summarised Sayumi's complicated statement into 1 simple statement.

"Can you don't be so straightforward?" Sayumi pouted.

"Can you don't be so complicated in your words?" Miki returned the question.

"Good morning." A foreign voice interrupted the conversation, causing the two to jump up from their seats.

"Good - morning" Miki and Sayumi responded in unison.

"Rather than gossiping, I think there are better stuffs for the two of you to do, since you two have decided to reach the office at such a time. Or are you telling me that you two have decided to reach here at such a time to gossip." Ai put over. "The case where SID is in-charge of, is the primary analysis done?"

Miki shook her head while Sayumi was too stunned for any actions.

"Then I supposed you should know what you should do." Ai finished off and began to return to her office.

"Ogawa-san, where's Gaki-san?" That was the first thing Hitomi asked the moment she stepped into the FID room.

"Gaki-san? She had yet to reach." Makoto replied when Hitomi stopped herself before Makoto. "What are you looking Gaki-san for?"

"I want to check how's the case going on." Hitomi answered. "But it's alright. You can tell me how has the case gone." Hitomi continued.

"Gaki-san and I had went interviewing the neighbours and colleagues of the deceased yesterday and had found out something interesting. Many of them had expressed that something's wrong the deceased in the past year. It almost felt like she's suffering from a mental disease. Her character and personality changed from day to day. We thought she could be schiozophrere or Dissociative Identity Disorder. So we had interviewed the deceased's mother once again to ask whether was the deceased visiting a psychiatrist or something as such. The response from her was negative."

"Hmmm." Hitomi nodded her head as Makoto explained their progress on the cause. "What about the evidence wise, is there any suggestive evidence that can lead us to the possible murderer?"

"Other than the fact that there are two sets of fingerprints found in the crime scene, there's nothing much from the evidences side that can lead us to the possible murderer. There's no record of the unknown fingerprint in the database." Makoto continued..

"Okay. . ." Hitomi continued nodding her head. "Continue the hard work. I'm going back to my office first." Hitomi encouraged as she moved away from Makoto and towards the entrance, only to bump into a Risa, who was lost in her own world.

"Gaki-san~" Hitomi called out, snapping Risa out of her world.

"Yoshizawa-senpai!" Risa greeted at the door.

"You looked like you are out of the world. Are you alright, Gaki-san?" Hitomi asked.

Risa nodded her head lightly at the question.

"Work hard for the case." Hitomi finished as patted Risa's shoulder encouragingly.

"I will." Risa affirmed and watched Hitomi disappearing down the hallway.

"Gaki-san, are you alright?" Makoto came forward as Risa entered the main room.

"Hmmm." Risa nodded her head she head towards her desk, with Makoto following behind her.

"What's troubling you?" Makoto concerned as Risa slugged herself onto her chair. "You looked like you are dead worried about something." Makoto continued analysing.

"It's Haru-chan." Risa replied and closed her eyes.

"What about Haru-chan?" Makoto asked as she pulled her chair beside Risa and sat down.

"She's asking me not to fetch her to and forth for school." Risa spoke after moments of silence.

"Ah- I see. Gaki-san is undergoing this period known as parental anxiety." Makoto concluded.

"Huh?" That caught Risa's attention.

"I took some psychology when I was doing my degree for policing in college." Makoto explained. "It's normal for parents to go through this period known as parental anxiety, when their children express their wish to have more independence in life. That's normal." Makoto patted Risa's shoulder.

"But Haru-chan is only 7. How independent can she get? What if something happens when she's alone at home?" What if -" Before Risa could finish her series of 'what if', Makoto interrupted Risa.

"Just relax, Gaki-san. Since Haru-chan had said she want to, she's probably ready for it. I guess she's doing that because she doesn't want you to get too tired by rushing around, trying to fit her into your hectic schedule. She cares for you." Makoto explained. "Maybe this is the right time for her to learn independence as well."

"I know . . . But - "

"Let's try this out for a few weeks and see if she's ready for it or not. You will get nowhere just by worrying." Makoto continued. "And maybe you can make use of this opportunity to search for your second spring, since Haru's growing up."

"Eh. What are you talking about?" Risa looked questionably at Makoto at the last statement Makoto stated.

"You should know right?" Makoto winked at Risa.

"That's impossible." Risa concluded when she understood what Makoto meant.

"Why is that so? Haru's 7 this year. She should be able to understand things." Makoto asked.

"It's just . . . .impossible." Risa insisted as she looked away from Makoto, causing the conversation to come to a halt, bring silence to the room.

"Konkon!" Makoto called out as she entered the forensic medicine department.

"Mako-chan? What are you doing over here?" Asami asked as she looked up from her work.

"It's lunch time. Do you want to catch lunch together?" Makoto asked as she came forward before Asami's working desk.

"I don't mind. Just let me finish the last few sentence." Asami finished and turned her attention back to her work, leaving Makoto to wander around her working space.

The photo frame on Asami's bookshelf caught Makoto's attention. It was a three-shot with Asami standing in the middle and 2 other female standing by her side. The female standing by the left caught Makoto's attention. She picked up the photo frame and walked back to the table where Asami was at.

"Isn't she the new chief supervisor of CIL?" Makoto asked as she showed the photo to Asami and pointed at the person she mentioned. "I didn't know that you knew her from before." Makoto continued.

Asami took over the photo frame from Makoto and stared frivolously at it. "Takahashi-san is my senior from Keio School of Medicine. She's the senior who spoke on my enrolment ceremony." Asami spoke absentmindedly, not knowing herself what she had just said.

"She's from Keio School of Medicine as well? She don't looked like she is. " Makoto commented. " But why is she working in the CIL instead of the forensic medicine department? She don't act like she knew you from before though." Makoto brought up.

"I don't understand this as well. She had mysteriously disappeared from the school 8 years ago. Rumours were going around saying that she was being expelled by the dean of School of Medicine. Others were she quitted the degree. No one knew why she left, nor where she is. .  . Not even Matsuura-senpai." Asami continued her story, not answering the questions Makoto raised. "I never thought I will meet her once again. Forensic pathology is something Takahashi-senpai was passionate about. She has always been passionate about bringing justice to the world that is filled with injustice.

"Kame! "

The calling of her nickname by the familiar voice caused Eri to look up from her papers and direct her direction towards the entrance of the room. "Gaki-san? What are you doing here?" Eri asked as Risa stood before her desk.

"Do you want to accompany me for lunch? Mako-chan had decided to ditch me for lunch." Risa asked.

"Ah. No! Eri's mine today. You have to wait till the day after tomorrow if you want to have lunch with Eri." Sayumi stuck in between the conversation and claimed.

"Sayu, I think we should have enough food to include Gaki-san for lunch today." Eri suggested to Sayumi, only to be rejected by her.

"Kame, it’s alright. I guessed I can just grab some food from the convenience store and eat it in my office." Risa concluded as she started to move away from Eri's desk and towards the door. 'I'm glad she's moving on . . . '

"Gaki-san, wait! Since you are here, you can wait for the new evidence analysis Takahashi-san is doing now. You won't have to run here again later on. She discovered something about the hair fibres collected from the hair brush from the crime scene and it should be done soon" Eri called out and said before she was pulled out of the room by Sayumi.

"Okay. . . " Risa responded, only to realised that she was the only one left in the CIL. 'So what should I do now?' Risa thought in her mind as she settled herself down on Eri's desk. 'She still had this pen.' Risa noted in her mind as she catch the sight of the familiar pen on Eri's desk. It was the first gift Risa gave to Eri during their first year in high school. 'Have I been selfish with my decision back then?' Risa thought. She let off a heavy sign.

Risa turned her direction to the bigger space of the room, only to catch Ai working seriously in the DNA analysis room. 'Haven't the DNA analysis report out? Why is she running the analysis again? I thought Kame was the forensic biologist in CIL and that was her job. Could it be that she does not trust Kame's work?' A series of questions were raised in Risa's thought. 'And I'm amazed. She still have the ability to work with a hangover. Wait a minute. She's not a living thing, that's why.' Risa joked in her mind, causing a small grin to appear on her face.

"What are you doing here Gaki?" A cold, monotonous voice brought Risa out of her world. "Coming here to have your day ruined by me?"

Risa rolled her eyes at the statement. "I won't have borthered stayed on if Kame asked me to. Kame said you had new discovery from the evidence collected from the crime scene." Risa continued, going back to the main topic.

"There's two different sets of hair fibres belonging to two different people on the comb we recovered from the scene. I did the DNA analysis and this is the result." Ai explained as she shoved the report to Risa.

Risa flipped open the file. "The DNA analysis matches each other." Risa read out. "But you said that the hair recovered belongs to two different people." Risa questioned as she looked up from the file.

"Use your brain, Gaki." Ai insulted as she crossed her arms. "There's only one group of people who will share same DNA."

"Identical multiples!" Risa finally got the idea. "That was why there's only one DNA found in Miyazaki-san house when there's two sets of fingerprint. 'The split personality as observed by her neighbours and colleagues . . . That could be it as well. . .' Risa continued analysing in her mind.

"And that too explained by the deceased DNA was found on the ends of the rope." Ai added on.

'But . . . She's a only child, isn't that so?' Risa continued recalling back profile of the deceased. Her phone rang, bringing Risa back to reality.

"Gaki-san! The neighbours of Miyazaki Akiko had just contacted me, saying that he had seen Miyazaki returning to her home. I'm on my way over there." Makoto's voice echoed over the receiver.

"I'll be there as well, Mako-chan." Risa stated as he hung the call. "Thank you for this." Risa thanked as she shook the file in her hand, and ran out of the room.

Ai looked at the disappearing figure of Risa. 'Maybe . . . No . . . They all belonged to the same family. They are all the same . . . '

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm disappearing again. haix.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 12:29:50 PM by caiyunki »

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
Re: SEARCH [ . # 4 updated 7 June 2011 ]
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2011, 08:28:46 AM »
Haha, I just can't wait until Risa catches her second spring. Make it happen! XD

Ai-chan is supperrr smart! :w00t: Awesomeness~ :grin: Wonder what happened in both Ai-chan's and Risa's pasts. :roll:

Offline alwaysYou

• Aigaki<3 and AiReina<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2011, 02:05:23 PM »
after i read this chp..i went  :huhuh :? :roll: LOL

I still feel that haru is not gakisan's real daughter..
and how come, i already have the feeling that Gakisan, Haru and Aichan are all link together..and Haru is more related to Aichan..LOL..
especially when Haru is 7..Ai went missing 8 yrs ago..(which give a nice timing that Aichan might be the real mother instead of gakisan, yet if so, Ai and Gakisan should have seen each other before yet no..ahhh..)
and Aichan saying ""No~~ Go away~~ Go away~~~" " make me feel that something really bad had happen to her in the past..(which is why, haru might be her daughter..LOL)
and why Aichan hate the police so much, somehow i think 8 years ago they failed to save her from something or something that is related to her..and she studied medical at first yet she didnt continue this path..since like it might link to the incident that happen 8 yrs ago that make her change her path..a job that she can get hold of real justice, the real criminal..the police might have make mistake 8 yr ago too..like "arresting the wrong person" or "letting go the real criminal" ..

ahhhhh..pls update soon..lol..
i read this chp during office hours, and i had to wait till night time to comment! during the time i'm having those "Gakisan Haru and Aichan might have link"..LOL..
i think i'm thinking too much..LOL..

Offline Shiawase_Honoo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Happy大作戦
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2011, 10:26:34 PM »
I'm sorry for not leaving any comment to you all the 3 past chaps
because all I can just reading and going away to study :bleed eyes:
but I want to show you that I'm following your fiction as ever
 :bow: :thumbsup

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2011, 06:37:59 AM »
@ kano-chan : ahhahahaha. . .I wonder about that too! :) Yupps, even though Risa said it was impossible, I guessed it was possible after all . . .

@ alwaysYou : EHHH  :shocked :D :shocked :D HAHAHHAAHHAAH
Haha. I tried to update as soon as I could . . . So GOMEN! for such a long wait!

@ Shiawase_Honoo : Hello! Thank you for showing your support even in the mist of your studying. I guessed we are pretty much in the same state. Being stuck in *exams* -sigh- All the best studying!!

Back for another update. Even though I'm still pretty much stuck in studying, i just need to write in order to keep myself in a good pace of writing. If not, I will just fall off and stop updating for good. That's something that I do not want to happen, so . . . :) De wa~

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

. [ # 5 ]

"I am Miyazaki Akiko! Why are you all keeping me in here? Let me out! I am Miyazaki Akiko!"

Risa and Makoto watched the lady they had caught from the apartment through the one way mirror from the observation room. She was screaming out the same sentence over and over again for the past 10 minutes, banging the metal table occasionally, hoping that that would attract attention of someone. Though that, the two in the observation room made no intention to attend to the suspect they had just brought back.

"She really looked like the deceased, doesn't she?" Makoto asked as she looked over to Risa, who kept her eyes fixed on the women.

"It's most possibly that the lady in there is the identical twin of the deceased. " Risa replied without looking back at Makoto.

"That's true . . . But didn't the mother of the deceased claimed that the deceased was an only child?" Makoto raised another question.

"That question . . . can only be answered by one person." Risa concluded as she shifted her attention to Makoto.

"I have another question though." Makoto moved herself beside Risa and rested her arm on Risa's shoulder. "Who's the real Miyazaki Akiko?"

All of the sudden, the room had fell into a moment of silence. The woman was no longer screaming at the top of her lungs, nor banging the table. She settled down quietly on the provided chair and bent her head down, facing the bare metal table. The lonesome figure started to tremble uncontrollably.

'Nee-chan . . . Natsuko didn't mean to do that. . .  Nee-chan . . . Talk to me . . . It's Natsuko's fault. Natsuko shouldn't have tied Nee-chan up and went to Nee-chan's workplace. . . It's Natsuko's fault. . .'

"Natsuko?" The mumbling of the convicted caught Risa's attention. "Did she just said Natsuko?" Risa looked and asked Makoto. "Who's Natsuko?"

Makoto shrugged her shoulders as she continued observing the trembling figure. "Her real identity?"

A loud sound from the interrogation room stopped the conversation between the two from continuing. It was from the chair. The women in the room was no longer seating down in fear in the seat. She was now standing upright straight, with the tumbled chair behind her, and was staring straight into the one way mirror, staring straight into the reflection of herself. The emotion expressed through her eyes was different from the ones they had encountered moments ago. Fury. Anger. These where what the two policewomen in the room were subjected to.

"IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT! BAKAYARO!  SHE DESERVED IT! "

"What was that?" Makoto stuttered, obviously still in the mist of shock.

"I think we need the psychiatrist over here." Risa concluded. With that, she picked up the receiver beside her and began to work her fingers through the number pads.

"Gaki-san? Why are you still here?" Makoto asked when she entered the office of FID. She had just returned from the legalisation office.

"I was thinking about something." Risa responded as she sunk quickly into silence again.

"What are you thinking about?" Makoto asked as she began to pack her belongings into her backpack.

"Thinking about the definition of justice." Risa answered after long moments of silence.

"Why is that so?" Makoto questioned again as she slid her chair beside Risa and leaned against Risa.

"Thinking back about that case we had just closed, who is the one we should prosecute? The one who carried out the crime, or the one who had caused all these to happen? Miyazaki Natsuko . . . A woman with pitiful childhood . . .Being rejected by her parents right from her birth. . .  Growing up in life of secrecy, life of slavery . . . or the Mother? The one who had chose to believe in the stupid theories of her ancestors about twins? So, Mako-chan, what is the definition of justice?"

"What a profound analysis, Gaki-san. . . Definition of justice. . . " Makoto grew quiet as she sunk into moment of thinking.

"There's nothing much we can do right, Mako-chan?" Risa continued, not waiting for Makoto's response to her rhetorical question she had raised moments ago.

Makoto shook her head in response. "Hopefully, the psychiatric report can help her . . . "

"Hopefully . . . " Risa sighed as she closed the file that was laid before her. "So, how was your lunch with Konno-san?" Risa asked, trying to change the heavy and serious topic they were discussing to a lighter one.

"Hmmm?" Makoto raised her eyebrow slightly at the sudden change of topic. "It was good."

"How good was it?" Risa continued.

"Well, we did managed to have a good talk before being called in for duties." Makoto summarised.

"Hmmm. . . " Risa nodded her head a couple of times, as she waited for Makoto to continue with her story.

"I got to know something interesting about your new deadly foe." Makoto finished.

"My new deadly foe?" Risa tilted her head slightly as she turned and faced Makoto.

"Yupps!" Makoto responded.

"Who?" Risa inquired.

"Takahashi Ai." Makoto replied swiftly.

"That thing?" Risa exasperated, with her eyes wide opened.

"Isn’t that so?" Makoto continued and laughed out loud at the exaggerated expression Risa gave. 

"Kind of." Risa brushed off. "Her existence, no, just the mention of her name turns me off." Risa continued.

"Anyway, you know what?"

"What?"

"She was Konkon's senior in Keio School of Medicine." Makoto informed, resulting in another ludicrous expression on Risa's face.

"That thing was studying to be a doctor?" Risa sat up in attention.

"Apparently."

"The why is she in CIL now?" Risa asked curiously.

"Apparently she quitted in her third year of study." Makoto informed.

"I'm glad so . . . I can't imagine a doctor like her. Her patients are going to suffer like there is no tomorrow." Risa mocked.

"I don't think I am in a good position to comment about that, since I do not know her well personally, but according to Konkon, Takahashi wasn't someone like she is now back then . . ."

"Really?" Risa raised her eyebrow in disbelieve. 'Maybe Kame was right about her? There's something more about her than the character she expressed herself to everyone over here.' Risa thought silently in her mind.

"But it seems like Takahashi is putting a firm stand on the perception that she does not knew Konkon at all. And that explains why Konkon is acting so differently as compared to our high school days, I guess."  Makoto heaved a deep breath as she spoke.

'No~ ~ Go away~~ Go away~~' The desperate pleading of Ai from her drunkenness echoed in Risa's mind. 'That . . . I still don't get it . . . that sounded so different from her usual crude and straightforward, emotionless words she put across to people.' Risa thought as she rested her chin on her right hand. 'What could have caused that?' The vibration of her mobile phone brought Risa back to the world of reality. She stared at the screen and remembered something. "Oh gosh! I had forgotten again!"

"Gaki-san? What are you doing over here?" Eri asked questionably as Risa walked into the common room of CIL. "We are not handling any case from the FID, aren't we?" Eri turned and asked Miki who was seated beside her. Miki shook her head as a response to Eri. "Then what are you doing over here?" Eri asked Risa again.

"For no reason?" Risa scratched her head for better solutions, but nothing had came up and thus had decided that to go on with the most ridiculous answer.

"No reason?" Eri placed her writing pen down and looked peculiarly at Risa? "You have been doing that alot lately, don't you? Coming in for no particular reason. . . "

"Really?" Risa glanced away from Eri's glaze.

"Eririn!" Sayumi called out as she came over to Eri's space. "Where are we going for lunch today?"

"Anywhere you prefer, Sayu." Eri replied. "Gaki-san, do you want to join us?" Eri continued asking.

"I don't mind." Risa replied as she ran her eyes across the defined working space and spotted Ai exiting the storage room. A frown was observed on Ai's face the moment she saw Risa sitting by the side of Eri.

"What are you doing over here again?" Ai demanded. "Are you police that free?"

"Well, it's lunch time now, so technically, this is considered my free time. So I am that free." Risa returned as she stared into Ai's eyes.

Ai glazed away from Risa's stare.

"Takahashi-san! Do you want to join us for lunch today?" Eri asked unexpectedly, causing herself to be stared by two pairs of shock eyes.

"Eririn, what are you saying?" Sayu whispered softly to Eri as she tugged on Eri's sleeves while Miki continued to stare at Eri from her seat. Her expression too expressed the displeasure on Eri's sudden invitation to Ai.

"I don't think so, Kamei-san." Ai replied as she read the awkward air in the room. "I guessed you guys would want to leave now for lunch. Don't be late on coming back." Ai ordered as she moved away for the group and entered her office.

"Let's go, Kamei-chan!" Miki stood up from her seat with her purse in her head and headed for the exit.

"Let's go, Erinrin." Sayu held onto Eri's arm and dragged Eri along with her after Miki. Eri, sensing that Risa was not following after them, stopped, turned around and watched Risa.

"You are not coming with us, Gaki-san?" Eri asked.

"Ah! I just remembered I had something more important to deal with. You guys can go along first. Thanks for inviting me anyway, Kame!" Risa snapped out from her stillness and replied.

"Okay." Eri muttered reluctantly. 'Something's weird with her. . . She was the one who said that she would prefer not to appear in CIL as she do not want Takahashi-san to ruin her day. But lately, she had been turning up in here for a couple of times, for no particular reason.' Eri thought silently in her mind.

"Erinrin, let's go! Fujimoto-san is waiting for us at the lobby." Sayumi interrupted Eri's thought as she continued to tug Eri out of CIL.

Risa began to move towards the office of Ai when the pair had disappeared from her vision. She hesitated for a moment before bringing up her right hand and knocked softly on the semi-transparent tampered glass door.

"Come in." Came the monotonous voice of Ai.

Risa twisted the door knob and swung the door in, exposing her figure to Ai who was seated on her seat and her eyes fixed on the computer screen. Ai looked up from her screen when she sensed the opening of the door. "What are you doing here?" Ai asked. It was obvious to Risa that Ai did not want her to be in the room at the moment. Though that, Risa made no effort to leave the room nor the office and began to advance forward to Ai's desk and sat down before her at her own wish. The scowl on Ai's face deepened as Risa settled down before her.

"Why aren't you joining your colleagues for lunch? It's good to maintain a good relationship in the working place. It helps the working ability of your people as well." Risa asked.

"Does that matters your business, Gaki?" Ai retorted.

"Anyway, I never knew that you were from Keio School of Medicine." Risa continued asking, brushing away the question Ai had posed her. "Then why aren't you a doctor now? Why are you working as a forensic scientist instead? I'm pretty sure that being a having it does have a better prospects as compared to a forensic scientist."

"It's none of your business, Gaki. Can you please get out now." Ai blurted bluntly, with anger obvious in her response. The fire within Ai started burning the moment Risa mentioned 'Keio School of Medicine'.

"When you say it's none of my business . . . Doesn't that meant that it's your business? So Konno-san was right about you being her senior, isn't that so?" Risa had managed to turn the conversation around, exposing the fact that Ai had been denying all the while. "Well, I guess that's a good news to Konno-san, isn't that so?" Risa continued.

"Get out." Ai grunted loudly under her breath.

"So you do know what's the meaning of being angry." Risa concluded as she stood up from the seat. "That's comforting to know." Risa continued.

"Get out, GAKI!" Ai grunted again, slightly louder this time round.

"I know. . . I getting myself  out now, can't you see that?" Risa responded with a slight smirk on her face. "Maa, I still curious why had you decided to become a forensic scientist instead of the medical team. I will still come." Risa finished as she shut the door after her.

The skin on Hitomi's forehead began to crumble together as Hitomi ran her eyes on the familiar report before her. 'What can I do . . .'

"Takahashi-senpai . . . " The soft voice of Asami caused Ai to look up from her work and at the lady who stood at the entrance of her office.

"How many times have I told you, I am not your senpai. So stop calling me senpai." Ai blurted out in desperation as Asami advanced nearer to her.

"But . . . " The sudden outburst of Ai caused Asami's voice to become ever more inaudible. "But . . . Niigaki-san. . . "

"What did that brat told you?" Ai asked in the ever cold voice of hers, causing Asami to shiver at the coldness.

"Not even Niigaki-san. . . I myself too believed that you are the Takahashi-senpai that I knew. No matter how callous you act. No matter how many times you insisted that you are not the Takahashi-senpai I knew, I know you are. I truly knew that you are. I don't know what happened then that had caused you to quit - " Before Asami could finish her sentence, Ai interrupted her straight.

"I didn't chose to quit the course. I was expelled by the Dean. Konno-san. That was why I said, I am not your senpai." Ai interrupted her with her callous voice.

"No. Why would the Dean expel you?" Asami insisted.

"Haven't hear them saying that? I was expelled." Ai stated.

"No. . . I won't believed in that. Matsuura-senpai too didn't believed in that."  Ai replied in her stubbornness.

"Kon-chan, stop deceiving yourself. It was a 100% truth that I was expelled by the Dean. Stop deceiving yourself with the fact that I had chose to leave at my own discretion. It was not. The Takahashi Ai from 8 years ago is dead. This is a fact." Ai slammed the fact right into Asami's face. Her face did not betrayed the hurt she felt inside. Asami, on the other hand, had took the confrontation to the worst end. Tears were brimming at the corner of her eyelids, threatening to roll off her cheeks at anytime sooner. "If that was all you want to determine, you have now gotten your answer. If you have nothing else, please leave." Ai ordered.

Asami tightened her fist by her side, hoping that that would stop the tears from forming. She progressed slowly back to the entrance of the room and placed her palm on the door knob." No matter what, you are always my Takahashi-senpai, the senpai who had saved me from the bullying, the discrimination I faced within my own generation. That would change the fact, Takahashi-senpai." Asami whispered out softly, but loud enough to remain heard by Ai, before she work her hand on the door knob and exited the room.

"This peacefulness from work is enjoyable, isn't that so Gaki-san?" Makoto commented as she leaned back on the backrest of her roller chair and rested the back of her head on her palms.

"It's a good sign. At least this shows that the crime rate is dropping." Risa nodded her head in agreement.

"So how's Haru-chan and her school bus ride home? It's about a month ever since she started to stay home alone, isn't that so?" Makoto continued asking.

"So far so good. . . But I still think it's better to have a caregiver to be with her when I'm off at work." Risa answered with a frown on her face. "Mako-chan, do you know anyone who's willing to do that?" Risa asked.

"Not that I remember, but I will keep a look out for you." Makoto reassured.

"Mako-chan!" A third voice in the room made Makoto to sit in attention. Before she knew it, the owner of the familiar voice had already buried her face into Makoto's shoulder and began to sob uncontrollably.

"Konkon? What happened? Why are you crying?" Makoto asked as brought up a reluctant hand and began to stroke the back of Asami's head after long moments of hesitation.

Asami did not answered Makoto. Instead, she just shook her head at the questions.

"There must be a reason for you to be crying . . . " Makoto countered, causing the shaking of the head to increase in intensity. "Alright, if you don’t wish to say it, I won’t force you, but . . . we are not alone in the room now." Makoto continued, causing Asami to look up from Makoto's shoulder.

"I - will make myself welcome somewhere else, like Yoshizawa-senpai's office or the CIL." Risa suggested and left the room, leaving the two to be alone in FID's common room.

"Mako-chan . . . I don't understand. I don't understand why, why had Takahashi-senpai changed so much. I don't understand . . . I really don't understand . . . "

"Kon-chan, stop deceiving yourself. It was a 100% truth that I was expelled by the Dean. Stop deceiving yourself with the fact that I had chose to leave at my own discretion. It was not. The Takahashi Ai from 8 years ago is dead. This is a fact." The confrontation Ai had with Asami that evening flashed passed Ai's mind as she buried her face into the soft cover of her pillow. Ai closed her eyes, allowing the scene from fall 8 years ago to come forth from the bottom of her memory lane.

'Takahashi-kun, even though you had remarkable achievements in your academics area and extra curriculum activities, the action you took just now was absolutely unacceptable. After the broads meeting with the Deans of other schools, we had came up with a conclusion. Even though it was such a pity, but whatever you had did is just intolerable. We had thus decided . . . to expel you from Keio.'

The memory was still fresh in Ai's mind, as if it happened only just yesterday. 'Justice. . . what's justice? What was the justice you were bitting onto all these years, Ai? Does justice still even exist, in this corrupted world?'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of chapter 5 . . . .
How was it?
Till the next chapter then :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 12:35:47 PM by caiyunki »

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
Re: SEARCH [ . # 5 updated 11 June 2011 ]
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2011, 08:18:20 AM »
I'm glad to see that Risa is getting interested in Ai-chan's business. :grin: That's considered progress! :cow: And it was nice of Eri to invite Ai-chan to lunch. :)

I wonder what Ai-chan did to get herself expelled... Does it have anything to do with Konno?

I'm really curious about her past.  :roll: Maybe Ai-chan meant to do some good deed.. If she did something bad and got expelled, why would she come back and work with the CIL?  :huhuh

And with the Haru issues being brought up, I really hope that kid isn't Ai-chan's daughter... :smhid That's just plain weird. :shocked
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 09:24:45 PM by kano-chan »

Offline alwaysYou

• Aigaki<3 and AiReina<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2011, 09:25:00 AM »
Chp 5  :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow:

I wonder if gakisan is really interested in Aichan past or jus trying to mock and piss Aichan off..XD

seem like Aichan is really piss about her pass..getting angry when Gakisan mention the school name, and being so damn cold to konkon and said that the Takahashi Ai 8 years back was dead..

'Takahashi-kun, even though you had remarkable achievements in your academics area and extra curriculum activities, the action you took just now was absolutely unacceptable. After the broads meeting with the Deans of other schools, we had came up with a conclusion. Even though it was such a pity, but whatever you had did is just intolerable. We had thus decided . . . to expel you from Keio.'
seriously wanna know what happen back then..for the school to expelled Aichan and make Aichan hate the police and her past that much..definitely an incident that changes Aichan..
and did Aichan whack up ppl so she was expel? XD XD
seem like this is one of the incident that make Aichan feel that the world is corrupted?
this is something that link to the incident of Ai*Yossie past ritz?

it's nice that "Justice" is in both AIchan and gakisan's dictionary..XD

ahhhhh..chp 6 NOW!!!  :lol: XD :P

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2011, 05:59:12 PM »
So, I see that Gaki's curiosity has been peaked. Even though she says Ai bothers her, now she can't stay away. And the plot thickens with Ai's past.

Offline shenlog

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2011, 06:14:36 PM »
Risa and Aichan didn't know each other in the past so Haru can't be Aichan's kid... no just no  :nervous
I'm happy to see Risa getting some interest in Aichan    XD

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: D-Unit - I`m Missin` You