JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Holstein - December

Author Topic: [初] Where am I, and what's an Idoling?!  (Read 31751 times)

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
[初] Where am I, and what's an Idoling?!
« on: October 14, 2009, 11:44:17 AM »
Welcome to the Idoling!!! sub-forum!

- This is probably how unfamiliar people will look like when they step into the forum...

(Note: The strange girl laughing at you would be #8 Fonchi.)

...but no worries, we all have to start somewhere! So...

-- What is this Idoling!!! thing? --
- Putting it simply, Idoling!!! is an idol group supported by Fuji TV on October 10th 2006. They also have a TV show with the same name aired on Fuji TV ONE, as well as another show aired on the regular Fuji TV called Idoling!!! Nikki.

- The concept of the group, also derived from its name, is to basically take idols who are still evolving (i.e idling, or test driving) and with the goal to pack them with all kinds of experiences making them into full-fledged idols.

-- Alright, but what's up with the numbers? --
- There's no real reason behind the numbers, but a possible connection is the group's so-called predecessor Checkicco who were labeled with IDs.

-- I heard there were only 9 members, but there's even a #26?! --
- The group started off with 9 members only, but has 'powered up' with additional members since then. The original members are as followed...

The 1st Generation (2006.10.30~)

Starting from the top left:
#4 Eto Maria
#1 Katou Sayaka

#6 Tonooka Erica
#9 Yokoyama Rurika
#8 Fonchi

#5 Takiguchi Mira
#3 Endou Mai
#7 Yazawa Erika
#2 Koizumi Rumi

The 2nd Generation (2008.04~)

Left to right:
#18 Michelle Miki
#14 Sakai Hitomi
#16 Kikuchi Ami
#11 Morita Suzuka
#13 Nagano Serina
#17 Miyake Hitomi
#15 Asahi Nao
#12 Kawamura Yui
#10 Kobayashi Maia *

The 3rd Generation (2009.04~)

Left to right:
#20 Ookawa Ai
#19 Tachibana Yurika
#21 Hashimoto Kaede

The 4th Generation (2010.04~) **

Left to right:
#22 Kurata Ruka
#23 Itou Yuuna
#24 Nomoto Manami
#25 Gotou Kaoru
#26 Ojima Chika

-- Ok, I think I got the gist of it... So what does the current roster look like? --

Left to right:
#16 Kikuchi Ami
#15 Asahi Nao
#14 Sakai Hitomi

#9 Yokoyama Rurika
#17 Miyake Hitomi
#6 Tonooka Erica
#7 Yazawa Erika
#13 Nagano Serina
#8 Fonchi

#12 Kawamura Yui
#22 Kurata Ruka
#11 Morita Suzuka
#21 Hashimoto Kaede
#26 Ojima Chika
#3 Endou Mai

#19 Tachibana Yurika
#23 Itou Yuuna
#25 Gotou Kaoru
#24 Nomoto Manami
#20 Ookawa Ai

... Which leaves the remaining members as graduated ones: (In chronological order)
#2 Koizumi Rumi (~2009.01.18)
#1 Katou Sayaka (~2009.03.18)
#4 Eto Maria (~2009.03.18)
#5 Takiguchi Mira (~2009.03.18)
#18 Michelle Miki (~2009.03.18)

-- You forgot #10! --
* Kobayashi Maia is a special cause. She joined as a 2nd generation member in April 2008, but was only featured in a few episodes before her sudden graduation and retirement from the entertainment business announced on the episode aired on May 29th 2008 and on the official staff blog.

--The 4th Generation--
** The 4th Generation is the first generation where anyone within the given conditions could audition to become a member. There were no notes in advance of how many the 4th generation would be consisting of, but out of the final 10 there were 5 new members picked in front of an audience for the first time on 2010.03.06.

Now, no one is expecting you to grow any light-bulbs right away, but after reading this you should at least have a facial expression similar to this:

Feel free to ask any questions, but unless you don't have any - Drive safely!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 09:29:39 AM by Ayabie »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: [初] Where am I, and what's an Idoling?!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 10:19:43 PM »
Feel free to ask any questions

I'd like to know more about their shows and all the specials they did. The regular show, Idoling Nikki, Gekkan Idoling, etc, all sorts of okinawa/picknick/bikini specials... It would be nice to have some sort of overview.

And maybe some sort of summary of all the segments? They all have elaborate names, I can't keep up.

I wanna get to know Idoling better, but I don't know where to start!

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 02:27:53 PM »
Idoling!!! Show Overview

1. Idoling!!! [CS broadcast]
This is the main show that the group does and this is the show that they started with. It used to be 5 episodes per week (on every weekdays) but after episode #490 it is 5 episodes in 2 weeks. The whole idea of the show is to be the ground where the Idols could grow into a full fledged Idols. There are tons of segments in Idoling!!! but these are the common ones that appear often:

Ganbaring!!!
The first segment that the show introduce. Ganbaring!!! are usually more physical in nature, where the girls usually have to work hard in completing a challenge or game

Onegai! Onegai!! Fan-sama!!!

This is Idoling!!!'s fan interaction segment. Usually a theme will be put up at the official website and the fans will be writing a response to the theme. For e.g, this week's theme is "I saw something that I should not see", the fans will write a response to that theme and post it to the girl that they want to read it. On the segment, the girls will choose 1 of the answer that the fans have submitted and elaborate more on it. Before 2nd Generation was introduce, the segment is called "Onegai! Fan-sama!!!" and it is done in every episode. In episode #428 the segment reappear again with its current name and now is no longer seen after the major graduation last year. The last Onegai! Onegai!! Fan-sama!!! was #483. This segment usually stretch around 1hour when 2nd Gen was included.

Mania Idol
This is the segment where Idoling!!! members are taught some crazy stuff by experts. The extend of mania materials that they cover are limitless and sometimes are just outright surprising. Examples of Mania Idol segments was:

- Capoeira
- Mini 4WD
- Mahjong
- Drop Kick
- Air Guitar
- TV Cameraman

Acchi Muite Pie
This segment is born out of Koizumi Rumi's idea during one of their segment meetings. Its basically playing paper scissor rock and then guessing where will your opponent look at. If you lose, you'll be thrown a bunch of pies.

Iisou Shiritori

A shiritori game (word relay) where the girls have to create a sentence based on a theme given using the last syllable said by the girl before them. Failure to do so/ going out of the theme would result in the infamous Idoling!!! leaf blower punishment.

Back to the Idoling!!!
A segment where they will go through a series of pictures of an Idoling members starting from their current age until the pictures of them when they were still babies.

Daisuki Idoling
A segment meant for an Idoling!!! member to introduce to the other Idoling members about the thing that they like and persuade others to be interested in it too

Fan sama Request
The fans will submit a phrase that they want Idoling!!! members to say, and if the phrase are chosen then the respected Idoling!!! members will put their emotions into saying the phrase out for the fans. This used to be done in every episode when it was first introduced, but later it is done as a whole episode on its own.

There are other bunch of random segments but since there's just too much to list down, I'll stop with the common and mostly repeated segments.

2. Idoling!!! Nikki
Idoling!!! Nikki [Idoling!!! Diary] is basically a summary of what happened through out the week in Idoling!!! [CS Broadcast]. Unlike Idoling!!!, Nikki is not broadcasted through the FujiTV cable channel so its more widely reachable to the public.

3. Gekkan Idoling
Basically it means Monthly Idoling!!!, in the first run through of the series, it consist of a pair of Idoling members going out for a trip and having fun. Then, it is also paired with some side segments like serious interviews with Idoling!!! members [1st gen]. Right now, the show is pretty random and seems to go for games and some random segments. Gekkan Idoling!!! is broadcasted throught the CS Broadcast as a 30 minutes show and the DVD is only available through the fan club.

4. uRa Idoling!!!
Backstage Idoling!!!. This is available through the fan club and its basically Idoling members talking backstage. I believe that it has no script at all and everyone just talks freely as they wish. Sometimes we get difference stuff like interviews on a new songs or even the shocking one lately like Sakacchi's coming-of-age report where she recorded her life back at her hometown (I'm still shocked at the fact that for the first time I get to see the face of an Idol's family without it being cut/mosaic)

5. summer events
There are bunch of stuff happening during summer, mainly would be the Natsu Yasumi-ng!!! DVDs and Bouken/Gasshukoku. In summer usually Idoling!!! would be performing everyday at Odaiba (was known as Summer Bouken in their 1st year and Odaiba Gasshukoku in their 2nd year). Correct me if I'm wrong but if I'm not mistaken this is hand in hand with the Fuji TV month celebration. The Natsu Yasumi-ng!!! DVDs are usually a video documentation of the girls having a good time after their summer events and some other side stuff.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 08:49:34 AM »
I've heard Idoling!!! is kind of like the owarai of the idol world. I'd like to get into Idoling!!! and start watching the show. Is there a certain place I should start and are there subbed episodes?

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 09:20:05 AM »
I've heard Idoling!!! is kind of like the owarai of the idol world. I'd like to get into Idoling!!! and start watching the show. Is there a certain place I should start and are there subbed episodes?

we have. http://acchimuitepie.blogspot.com

and for subbed videos, we already have the official Onegai~Fansubbing!!! thread here.

for recommended episodes, try here or you can ask on Idoling!!! discussion thread.
==================================================================
btw, Ayabie... you need to update this thread as soon as possible :D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 07:27:37 PM by SuzukiRyo »

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 09:26:18 AM »
Which also reminds me I need to add more episodes to the recommendation thread... :lol: 2007 is personally my favorite Idoling!!! year, but for entirely new people it's probably better to start off with episodes including the 3rd generation (2009.04~).

[賞] The Idoling!!! Awards Thread
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=24082.0

If there are any members you're particular fond of I could always pin-point a few episodes for you, or anyone for that matter.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 01:46:53 AM »
thanks guys, checking out the subbed eps! after I get a feel for some of the girls i'll prolly return for more advice lol o/

are there any more subbed eps and/or segments floating around out there?

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline cecelialorene

• Hello Mr. Perfect, You Met Me...
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 08:37:09 AM »
lol they are another huge group. they are quite adorable though. i wonder what happened to #10.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 08:52:59 AM »
Depends on what kind of information you're after. :lol: For now there's a short introduction in the Idoling!!! Staff Thread, but looking back at it now I think I'll give it an update this weekend.

Offline amecchan

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 06:26:37 PM »
Hi...
I'm a former H!P fan and currently obsessive AKB48 fan and I'm interested in Idoling!!! but I seriously don't know where to start.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Offline hydeo1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 03:24:43 AM »
well i think here is ok to ask

u guys have the links to the girls blog ?? i dont know if i have all

and the new girls have blog also ??

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 03:28:03 AM »

Offline hydeo1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 03:53:31 AM »
thx :)

Offline hydeo1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2011, 04:31:29 AM »
hope the new girls get a blog soon O.o

Offline Patrick_03

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 01:36:57 PM »
I thinks it's time to revamp this page with the departure of Yazawa and Fonchi :( , and with the 5th generation  :P .

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Holstein - December