JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sloth Love Chunks - Juicy Berry Like

Author Topic: [Movie] The Protector  (Read 7382 times)

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
[Movie] The Protector
« on: July 24, 2006, 07:45:03 PM »
Trailer

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?f=01/64&g=be94cf65-b8e3-499e-881f-e4672b63ed1d&p=movies_trailers_trailers_coming%20soon&t=&rf=http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie.aspx?m=2077000&fg=

Movie Starring TONY JAA
You know what to expect already =)

Also!  the movie is Featuring Original music by THE RZA

US Theaters August 25!
I usually download/watch the original subbed movies, but I think i'll wait for this one.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 09:17:50 AM by Masa »
word.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
The Protector
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 10:01:19 PM »
It's gonna be so dope! And man, The RZA score is gonna make this movie oh so much better :D :D

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Protector
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 10:04:51 PM »
This movie is going to be so awesome! I saw Ong-Bak with a couple of friends, I'm a big fan since I saw that chase scene.. You need to be flexible as heck to do that... Can't wait for this!

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
The Protector
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 06:03:25 AM »
saw the movie last week.  No plot.  Dude gets his elephants stolen, and wants to get them back.

Action scenes were DOPE

That one shoot where he's going up the stairs was pretty cool.

Tony Jaa + Capoeira Opponent + Water = Awesome

Haha, I remember that big white guy from Fearless =P
word.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
The Protector
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 08:22:29 AM »
Don't fuck wit Tony Jaa! LMAO

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Protector
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 12:50:22 PM »
Wow, I was pleasantly surprised to see the movie's better than Ong-Bak. Not in terms of story or script, obviously, but the action scenes were off the hook. That scene where he breaks all the guards bones makes me think the medical budget would be bigger than the budget of the movie. :lol:

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
The Protector
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 03:23:17 PM »
Quote from: Tuffty
Wow, I was pleasantly surprised to see the movie's better than Ong-Bak. Not in terms of story or script, obviously, but the action scenes were off the hook. That scene where he breaks all the guards bones makes me think the medical budget would be bigger than the budget of the movie. :lol:

Spoilers, btw

haha, yeah, everyone in the theatre was waiting for the bone crack sound effect everytime a guy went in.  It was like, "OOOOhhhh!  HAhahahaha!  OOOOHH!!!" for like 3 mins

The fight with the Street Team was weird.  Rollerblades and bikes?  I guess its something different.  Still though, he went all Tony Jaa on them.  

Yo, in the Airport, when he bumped into that guy, was that Jackie Chan? =D

Yo, the asian chick was pretty hott, in the lap dance/mud bath scene =)  I wanted to record her too, with my cellphone cam =P
word.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Protector
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 05:12:29 PM »
Yeah the extreme sports team fight was weird, especially when you consider that for one, the extreme sports team can even hear the signal as I presume they're all far away and two how they managed to arrive that quickly lol. Still, I think it was a way of showing Tony's athletic prowess, you know with the hand stand, jumping through empty buses and most impressively, running up a wall.

I think that's meant to be a Jackie Chan lookalike, as sort of a joke. Imagine that pairing though :D

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
The Protector
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 07:24:46 PM »
How long ago was the original release of this movie in Asia? Ong Bak was like, 2 years old already when it was released here, wasn't it?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
The Protector
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 10:58:22 PM »
I think this came out in Thailand last year? I got it around Dec 05/ Jan 06 on VCD, but I don't know when it came out in theaters. I really liked 'Ong Bak', but I didn't like this one. The fight with the capoeirista and the Kung Fu guy was kick ass, and the scene had the end was kinda cool, but other than that, I didn't think this movie that good. I don't really like all the tricky kinda stuff anymore(called parkour or something?) I thought the fights in 'Ong Bak' had a lot more impact than the ones in 'The Protector'.

Offline ToasterKing

• Member+
The Protector
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 05:30:55 AM »
The Protector does look mad, definitely got it on my list as a must-see. Tony Jaa is all needed as well considering between Jackie and Jet there really aren't too many mainstream martial arts films.

Offline TwYsTeD

The Protector
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 11:25:57 PM »
Tom yum goong  i got the dvd i believe in january  its an pretty good movie i heard they stripped about 25 mins for the american release :(

Offline Dj-B13

• Pro Street Fighter Player
  • Member+
  • H!P Fan From Hawaii~!!!
The Protector
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2006, 12:26:18 AM »
Quote from: Tuffty
Yeah the extreme sports team fight was weird, especially when you consider that for one, the extreme sports team can even hear the signal as I presume they're all far away and two how they managed to arrive that quickly lol. Still, I think it was a way of showing Tony's athletic prowess, you know with the hand stand, jumping through empty buses and most impressively, running up a wall.

I think that's meant to be a Jackie Chan lookalike, as sort of a joke. Imagine that pairing though :D

Yea about the Jackie Chan lookalike.

Since Tony Jaa is a big fan of him. The directors and such had that in and Tony Jaa not knowing anything about that part...that's why he looked confused...like really...was not acting confused XD
*Number 1 Fan Of The Great Miichan Sama*
Genericpaperdoll, Mini*Wheat, Pinkosa, Pharadox, and kawaii beam are all graphix legends

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Protector
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2006, 05:14:19 PM »
^ haha! That's awesome. If it was actually Jackie, I would imagine Tony would break out of character immediately and scream like a fangirl XD

Offline satan ahh lunn

• Member+
Re: The Protector
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 02:38:38 AM »
I really like this movie, especially during the end, where Tony Jaa uses the elephant bones as a weapon and cut the dudes muscles, it was so cool!!!

Offline makeme

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 03:31:14 PM »
Awesome martial arts flick. Cant wait for ong bak 2.

Offline Sexykago

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 03:37:59 PM »
Saw it this weekend. It was constant action that left no room for storyline. The action scenes were good but the movie sucked. I give it a 3/10. Maybe 4/10.

Offline satan ahh lunn

• Member+
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 12:22:05 AM »
Saw it this weekend. It was constant action that left no room for storyline. The action scenes were good but the movie sucked. I give it a 3/10. Maybe 4/10.

well Sexy Kago, i guess this movie was made for audience that liked Action Packed movie a lot and lose the storyline people. LOL  :D

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sloth Love Chunks - Juicy Berry Like