JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - Forget Me Not

Author Topic: Open source software which will burn mp3s with Asian characters in title?  (Read 6266 times)

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
I had some version of Nero on my last computer - not sure what version it was, and also not really sure that it definitely would burn tracks with Asian-character titles, but I never had a problem with it spitting the dummy...  so maybe I just never had any tracks with Asian characters before...

Anyway, my new computer came with disks containing Nero 7 (I think that's old already)...  and I've burned a few coasters where the tracks are stuttering...  so I looked for some open source software to use instead.

I am having trouble finding a burner which will handle Asian-titled tracks.  Both BurnAware and DeepBurner spit the dummy and just reject such tracks as defective.

Surely there must be something good and free out there.  What are people using with success to burn when the track filenames contain Asian characters?

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
You could try InfraRecorder (it's actually just a GUI for cdrtools). I can't really tell if it burns tracks with Asian characters because I didn't burn any pure mp3 cd so far but it seems to work for data disks. At least I never had any problem and probably did burn a couple of files with Asian characters in the filename.
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
Thanks for that suggestion!

I tried InfraRecorder - seems like an easy to use GUI, and I used it successfully for some other stuff...  will keep it and likely use it!

BUT...  sadly it doesn't work with Asian-language mp3's...  for me, anyway.  I even tried changing the language of the program to Japanese (you can do that as one of the features - but then I couldn't get it to accept my settings, they 'OK' button was greyed out.  Hmmm...

Looks like I just copy the tracks to another folder, delete any Asian language characters and just do my burns that way...  which I did, and it worked beautifully.

Guess I just need an mp3 player for my car really.

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - Forget Me Not