JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 80kidz - Life Begins at Eighty

Author Topic: Hoping for Chance (Chapter 17 - MiyaSaki) *Updated 03/30/2012*  (Read 17008 times)

Offline SukiPanda

• Member+
  • Cuz they rape'n errbody out here.
Re: Hoping for Chance (Chapter 10) *Updated 01/31/2010*
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2010, 09:35:26 PM »
Wahhh finally!!! :cow:
Oh poor Miya  :badluck:
How could you Risako :angry: :on voodoo: :on beatup :wahaha:  :frustrated: :err: ........yea
at least she has the loving captain there to soothe her :wub: :inlove: :wub: :inlove:
please update soon!!!! :oops: :wub:

~♥CHU♥~
Avi made by yours truly
 siggy made by kawaii beam
Domo arigatou gozaimasu

Offline panickofpain

• captainlover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Captain & TakaMina
Re: Hoping for Chance (Chapter 10) *Updated 01/31/2010*
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2010, 01:03:00 PM »
Chapter 11

Sadness, brokenness and emptiness came haunting me the whole morning as I found out what has become of Miya and Risako’s relationship. The thought of Risako hiding this kind of thing from her girlfriend is surprising since she is usually the predictable type. But when Miya cried in my arms, I realized it must have happened before.

“What now?” I asked while splashing water on my face. “Is this the result of letting Risako take care of Miya?” I stared at the water rushing out of the faucet with my face still dripping wet. “Is this because I gave up on Miya?” I slowly looked up and took a glimpse of myself on the mirror before shaking my head. “No.. I haven’t really given up.” After turning off the water, I looked at myself once more and wiped the excess water off my face. Before walking out of the comfort room, I took a peek at myself once more, staring deeply on my own eyes. Could this be the chance I’ve been waiting for?

Walking back to the practice room when the question Miya asked earlier came echoing back in my head. Slowly and painfully pulling me to a deep forest clouded by spiked thoughts and doubted solutions. I already reached the practice room when I heard my phone ring. Seeing the name of the caller made me stop and stare at it.

“What should I do?” I didn’t know what to do; was I to answer or not? I snapped out from my thoughts when another ring came. I looked at the name again just to be sure she was the one calling.

“Hello?” I answered in a whisper. Slowly turning away from the door and hiding behind the nearby corridor.

“Hello? Captain?” The girl at the other end answered.

“Yes? What is it?”

“Captain, I need your help...” The girl answered with a soft but determined voice.

Leaning on the wall and taking a deep breath, I asked what I could be of help. It turns out it has something to do with Miya.

As the voice and dance instructor left the room, I stood facing the huge mirror staring at myself while searching for answers. What Risako and I talked about kept my thoughts occupied the whole time we were practicing but there was this one phrase that kept on repeating in my head - like a movie in repeat.

“It is better this way... Right, Captain?”

Not finding the answer on myself, I slowly moved my eyes to stare at the other figure standing at the other end of the room. She was also staring at herself and looked as if wanting answers on her own questions.

“Is this really the best thing to do, Risako?” I was once again lost in my thoughts until a voice from behind surprised me.

“Saki, are you okay?”

“Mh? Yeah. Why?”

“Ah, well, I called you three times and you didn’t move or even respond. So I thought there is something wrong.”

Not wanting to talk about what I was thinking, I smiled while picking up my bag from the floor and placed it hanging on my shoulder. “I’m fine. Don’t worry.” I walked to the door and Miya was not far behind. We left the building together and agreed to have Yakiniku for lunch. While eating, I decided to go with what Risako wanted. But there are two things that would be a problem.

“Captain?” I snapped from my thoughts and found Miya staring at me.

“Ah. Sorry Miya. I was lost in my thoughts again.” I reasoned to her as I took a meat and brought it in my mouth.

I was enjoying the sensation and juiciness of the meat when I saw Miya put down her bowl and chopsticks. I didn’t know what she was thinking but it made me put down my own.

“What’s wrong Saki? There is something bothering you. I can tell.” She finally spoke in a serious tone. I slowly swallowed the food in my mouth before fixing the way I sat.

“I was just thinking…” I started, trying to keep the important thoughts to myself. “I decided I’ll take care of you while you’re recovering.”

As I finished my sentence, I looked at her and found her surprised face. With that reaction, I thought of a reason or an excuse that would support what I just said.

“It’s not because I’m your Captain, it’s not that. It’s because I’m your friend and when I see you sad or hurt, I also feel the same. So, please don’t misunderstand.”

Her expression went soft and a small smile painted her face. The smile - it made me happy. It was the first real and genuine smile she made the whole day.

“Saki, I appreciate your kindness and thoughtfulness. But is it really okay?” She took my hand, squeezing it tightly as she then pulled me into a hug.

“Yes, it’s fine Miya. Friends are here to take care of each other and to help one another. I always want my friends to be happy.” I answered her as I wrapped my arms around her to comfort and to bring reassurance that there is someone who’ll be there at hard times.

“Thank you... Saki...” I heard her whisper before her sobbing came. She was crying again.

“There, there. Its okay, Miya. It’s okay.” I whispered to her back as I tried to soothe her.

That night, I was packing a few clothes and things to bring for the time being I’m going to stay in Miya’s house. After the talk we had at lunch, she asked if it will be okay if I stay for a while at her house. Her parents are going away for the month and she’ll be alone. Without any hesitation, I agreed and I’ll be coming over tomorrow - after school.

Living with Miya for a month… This would be great. I’ll be able to look after her 24/7 or at least, when I’m with her. I just hope after this month, there is an improvement on her part and she’ll recover from everything. I sighed before closing the bag I’ll be bringing tomorrow. But recovering from such really depends on the person. I just hope with me staying with her would make things less difficult and a faster factor for her to heal.

I sat on my bed and was thinking of what else to bring when my eyes stopped on the picture frame on my bed’s side table. The feeling of excitement immediately went away as I saw the picture. There are still a few things I am worried about.

What about Momo? What would happen to us if she would find out what I’d be doing and where I would be staying for the meantime? Would this be breaking my promise again?

I took my phone and opened the email she sent earlier today.

“Saki~ :love: Ohayou! How is your practice? Is the voice and dance manager still strict? They aren’t yelling at you right? I hope you’re doing okay. Do your best like always, okay? Oh yeah, are you free this afternoon? I have something to tell you. Is 4 okay? At the usual place. Well, tell me if you can’t come or I’ll wait until it goes dark. You don’t want me to wait, right? :)2  Well, see you later. I love you Saki. :heart:

I let myself fall backwards on the bed, taking the picture and staring at it like there is something wrong with it. “Momo…”

“Saki!” The girl a few meters away shouted while waving her hand. I continued to walk towards her but I wasn’t really sure what we were going to talk about at this usual place.

“Momo, sorry. Did you wait long?” I asked before stretching my arms to hug her.

“Mh-hm. I just arrived a few minutes ago.” I heard her answer as she buried her face on my chest.

I kissed her head and was going to break the hug when she tightened her arms around me. I was confused. She was usually not like this. I let out a smile and held her again in my arms.

“Is there something wrong, Momo?” I asked as the small light bulbs around the trees started to light up slowly - one by one.

She kept quiet and so I just rested my cheek on the side of her head. A few minutes of silence passed before she backed away a little and finally talked.

“Saki…” She started but another pause came.

I looked at her eyes but she looked away. I slowly took her hand and held it tightly. “What’s wrong?”

She let out a sigh before slowly looking at me. Her eyes, they show sadness. I didn’t know what she was thinking and why she was feeling sad. I couldn’t stop on staring at her sad eyes and feel her sadness. She held my hand between her hands but they were cold.

“Momo... What’s the matter?”

“Saki, Buono is going to America.”

I didn’t catch up with what she said. I thought I heard wrong, that Buono was going to America. But she explained. They are going to get ready for a debut concert there and they are going to stay for a whole month.

“Ah. Is that so? Wow. Congratulations.” I was lost. I didn’t know what else to say. Things are happening too fast.

With the sudden announcement, I really didn’t know what or how to react. I’m happy for her that she’ll be debuting in America. It’s one of her dreams.

“Saki... We’ll be leaving tomorrow morning. I wish you could come and see me off. Is that okay?”
Tears were starting to form on my eyes but I didn’t want her to see me crying. Instead, I let out a smile and pulled her to a hug.

“Of course I will. I’ll see you off tomorrow. Don’t worry.”

“Saki… Please promise me you’ll wait until I come back.”

I let out a little laugh to hide the fact that I was already crying. “Mhm. I’ll wait for you. I promise.”

With that, I kissed her. I kissed her as if it was the last time we were going to see each other.

Staring at the picture again, I knew, this is a chance to really focus on helping Miya while Momo was not around. I took my phone and wrote her an email.

“Good night, Momo. Even though you’ll be going to America tomorrow and making your dream come true, don’t forget to take care of yourself. I won’t be there to help you but if you really need me, just give me a ring and I’ll come right over. I’ll miss you. Love you.  :heart:

After a few minutes, a reply came from her. The message made me shed some tears but I quickly wiped them away. There are so many things I wanted to tell her. Not telling her about this plan of staying with Miya for a month would definitely hurt her. I put down my phone beside my pillow and eventually tried to sleep. After just 5mins of trying, I turned sideways and opened my eyes, finding my phone lying on my bed beside my pillow – cold and silent.

“Momo… This decision might be selfish but please understand.” After whispering that to myself, I turned away and closed my eyes. In a few minutes, I dozed off to sleep.

-----------------------------------------

I'm sorry about this chapter.. I know it's not good enough but I tried to really think and write.. but I guess I should stop. (for now)

Offline panickofpain

• captainlover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Captain & TakaMina
Re: Hoping for Chance (Chapter 11) *Updated 03/09/2010*
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2010, 04:15:46 PM »
Here is the next chapter. I'm sorry to say, but nothing really happened here. Just an introduction about a fictional anime that the Blitz members are in. Sooo... anyway. I'll try to write the next chapter soon while the plot is still fresh in my head. :D

Hoping for Chance
Chapter 12

It was cold and wet outside. It’s raining again and it seem like the gods are crying. Why are they crying? I should be the one doing that. Staring at the road with nothing to see but the cars passing by, for no one dared to walk in this strong weather. As I opened the window, the cold air with little drops of rain quickly sent me their greeting. They might have thought I’ll reply with a smile but today, I’m sorry to say, it just made me sad. I know I shouldn’t be for I saw her three days ago. I saw her plane leave the airport safely. Yesterday, she even made a long-distance call from America to Tokyo, just to tell me she arrived safely and was resting in the hotel they were checked in. I knew she was safe, but why am I still sulking while thinking of her? I miss her… I miss her already. I kept telling myself that it was not the time to think about it. It was not the time to think selfishly of my own feelings. It was time to think of Miya and to help her get better. Shaking my head a little to get myself back into reality, I looked once again on the empty streets as the wind sent me another greeting; I closed my eyes and smiled. It was time to get to work.

“Captain?” A voice behind me called and it made me look at her.

“I’m coming. I just went to get my bag.” I answered before taking my bag on the bed and followed the girl down the stairs.

Locking the front door behind her, I opened the door of the taxi and let Miya get in first. While in the taxi, we were talking about the upcoming release of Blitz’s debut song, “Ready! Set! Blitz!” It was the opening song of the new anime, Deltaδ Ace! (*) It is about these 4 girls as super rangers in outer space, saving the people living on Earth from those who live on the Moon. Earth and Moon had an ongoing war for power. Though some claim for them having a peace agreement for a year now, some still want power over the other. A good thing is that, the 4 girls – having all the advance equipment - are Miya, Mai, Megumi and Me. Though our names are different in the anime, we are the ones who will dub the characters; lending our voices and singing its opening song. We kept on talking about how great the dubbing we had done yesterday. It was the first time for us to actually voice a character in an anime and we were so happy that we were given that chance to do it.

“Yesterday was fun, right Captain?” Miya asked me with delight, “I was making the recording bad because of my mistakes but you were so great! Not to mention, cool! Even though you laugh after each speech-” She let out a small laugh, “You were so amazing!”

I was just laughing with her as she said how good I was with my character but I contradict her with how wonderful she voiced out her own. It was like her in-person-self. Having fun, giggling and laughing but speaking with a beautiful voice; I couldn’t forget how she had done so well and being the leader of Blitz, she had done her part well.

“Do you remember how Mai tripped from Megumi’s bag?” She was still giggling as she tried to mimic the fall of Mai, at least, the spreading of her arms and the bending of her upper body, but if she did, I wouldn’t know what to do. If I should laugh at her or help her get up.

We talked with each other throughout the trip to the company building where we need to continue the dubbing we had started yesterday. When we arrived, Mai and Megumi were already reading their lines for today as we, Miya and me, were given the time to read ours while Mai and Megu start their recording. It was a scene where Lila (Mai) and Haruna (Megu) were talking to each other about their leader and her incapability of the responsibility as a leader. Though it was proven that Mizuki (Miya) was a great fighter and the bravest of them all, she still had the childish personality that sometimes put them in danger. Both Lila and Haru see my character, Yukina, as someone who is someone qualified to be their leader. Yukina or Yuki, is someone who is very responsible, mature and seek consideration for all the members but their commander made it clear that Mizuki is their leader.

“What did Commander see in Mizuki to make her the leader?” Mai started to voice out her line while Megu was waiting for her turn.

“I don’t really know. We see her as someone who couldn’t think before acting. Like the last time, we were trapped in a cave while training because of her misuse of the rocket launcher.” Haru insisted on the fact that Mizuki had been clumsy ever since they started as trainee.

They continued on their exchange of ideas when a voice stopped them.

“You guys. You should stop backstabbing Mizuki. As long as she is our leader, we should trust her skills and be supportive of her.” Yuki interrupted as she believed on Mizuki and supports her.

“Don’t you see she could be the reason for our death?” Haru answered.

“And can’t you see she needs your advice in every decision she should make? Leaders don’t need that.” Lila answered as well.

“That is not true.” Yuki answered back, as calm as she is but before she could continue, the alarm for an emergency attack rang as loud as it could and that is when the Megu, Mai and me sat down for a little break and since it was Miya’s time for a solo recording.

“Saki-chan, you were so great. You really fit your character.” Megu told me while I was taking a sip of water from my water bottle.

I let out a smile before contradicting her, “No. I don’t even think it was that good. I was shaking while I was saying my lines.”

Mai shook her head, “You looked like too calm to be shaking at that time. I was watching you.” She said looking as if she was not buying what I said. But it was true. I was really shaking and my heart was beating fast. I tried to stay calm but my body responded the opposite of it.

Megu and Mai decided to go to the comfort room and asked me if I wanted to come along but I refused. I wanted to stay at the recording room to watch Miya do her lines. It was something boring for others but for me, it was something I wouldn’t want to miss.

I was staring at her as she was saying her last line, “This is bad.. I should go and meet up with the others. Thanks for the info Commander”, and with that, she stepped out of the small room and was smiling as she walked to me. Her smile was not the smile of victory or success but her smile has the sense of doubt and unsatisfied with her recording.

“You did great, okay? Stop thinking you’re doing it wrong.” I told her with a little laugh.

“I know but I want to hear it. You know this is different from singing.” She replied with the doubt still there.

I shook my head before handing over her bottle of water. “Here, take a sip first. Megu and Mai went to the comfort room and it seems they will need a few more minutes.”

Miya nodded as she did what I told her. I on the other hand, just looked back at my copy of the script when Miya suddenly pulled my arm towards her. I was caught off guard and found myself being hugged by her. I was confused on why she suddenly made that move but it didn’t stop me from asking.
“Miya?” I started but before I could continue, she responded.

“It’s okay Captain. I know you miss her but it will be alright.” She whispered near my ear as she held me tight.

I was now really confused. I couldn’t understand what she meant. “What do you mean?”

She slowly moved me a little away from her so she could look into my eyes, “I know you miss Momo.”

I was a little surprised on what she told me but it was something I couldn’t avoid. It was the truth but it was something I wouldn’t want others to worry about. “I know,” she started, “After this, let’s go to the amusement park nearby. I heard it was their grand opening.”

Miya was trying to make me feel better; I could see that, but it was something I should be doing. I should be the one taking her to places and making her forget about Risako. Now it was turned like this. I laughed a little at her suggestion. “I do miss Momo, but it is something not to worry about. And about the amusement park-”

“You mean the nearby amusement park? Today is their grand opening, right?” I was interrupted by Mai who looked excited with the idea of the new amusement park.

“I want to go too! Can I go with you two?” Megumi asked with Mai following behind her with the same reason. They wanted to come with us to the amusement park and it was not really a problem with both of us and so we agreed that all four of us would go after the recording.

-----------
*Fictional Anime

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
Re: Hoping for Chance (Chapter 12) *Updated 07/29/2010*
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2010, 05:10:47 PM »
Glad to see this story back! cant remeber if I was comenting on it here or at H!O  :doh:

Hmm so even though Saki wants to bee looking after Miya for the moment it seems to be the other way round, it's weird that Saki is so determind to look after Miya, is it love but she hasn't realized it yet?

Intresting Idea with the Anime, I was wondering if you would use it as a mirror for events going on in the story, just A thought I had!

Offline panickofpain

• captainlover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Captain & TakaMina
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2010, 06:58:45 PM »
^ Hey there. uhh.. To tell the truth, I dunno. I don't get to check on these topics because of my schedule with college.
But, yeah. It is a good thing that I didn't just put this aside and leave it to rot without even trying on finishing it. It took some time for me to really write but it was a great thing that I had time. It gave me a time-off from college things and work.

Well, before the thing with Saki being determined to help Miya, she received a call from someone which urged her to do it. It is kind of stated on one of the previous chapters. But as you see, her feelings are a bit confusing at the moment. I, myself am confused with my own writing of her feelings and thoughts.  :nervous

But haha, you saw through my kind of plan. I was thinking of making it a mirror. But still constructing the things in mind. Thank you for the thought though, and for commenting.  :)

Offline panickofpain

• captainlover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Captain & TakaMina
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2010, 05:17:34 PM »
Oh yeah! :D Finally I had writing mode all day and I get to finish this! :w00t: I just hope you guys would buy it. I don't seem to like how I wrote this chapter. Btw, the first few paragraphs are in 3rd person while the rest are 1st person. Don't worry, there is a warning when the Point of View changes. Happy reading (i hope...) :)

Hoping For Chance
Chapter 13

Finally finished with the recording, Saki, Miya, Megumi and Mai said their thanks to the staff present with ‘otsukare-sama’ as they made their way down to the entrance and off to the amusement park. The amusement park was just a few blocks away and the four could see some of the rides it has – mostly the big rides. It has a medium sized though thrilling roller coaster, small but high fall logjam, and a never ending circular Ferris wheel. It is not as grand as the very well known Disney Land and Hello Kitty Amusement Park but it was still a place where people could enjoy themselves and forget about their problems, even for just a little while. As Blitz was halfway to their destination, Mai saw this crepe store and wanted to buy one. “Wait! I wanna buy one.” She said as excited as a kid and even ran towards the entrance but Megu stopped her and led her back to the two who were waiting a few meters away. “Aww… but I want to eat crepe…” She said in a sad tone. “Don’t be sad Mai.” Miya told her and even patted her head. “Don’t worry Mai. I bet we could buy a crepe somewhere in the amusement park.” Saki said with an assuring smile which not only gave Mai the joy of being able to buy a crepe but also Miya who had remembered how her Captain shows her “kakkoi” side. It has been already a week that she hadn’t looked up to Saki as her captain because as they are in Blitz, she is the leader and not her captain.

She shook herself from her thoughts as she realized she was already calling Saki as “HER” captain, as if they were a duo or that she belonged to her. “Miya?” a voice called and she looked where it came from and realized Mai and Megu were already lining up at the ticket booth and Saki was waiting for her a few steps away. Miya hadn't realized that she had stopped walking as she was deep in thought. She was still rooted on where she stood and it is as if she was frozen and the signals that went to her brain were so slow on being depicted. With another call from Saki, Miya’s actions finally sped up and as she was about to walk, she found Saki holding out her hand to her. She stopped once again to look at the scene; Saki, holding out her hand to her and waiting there for her to take it, a very charming smile painted her face plus the sunset background; it looked like a scene from an anime Miya remembered she had watched a long time ago. She remembered that that scene from an anime made her feel soft, emotional and happy; and that is how she felt at that moment. “Miya, c’mon. Megu and Mai are waiting for us.” Saki finally said that made Miya smile, take her hand and let her take the lead to the line. “You two are so slow.” Mai complained but when Megu handed her the ticket, she dragged Megu to the entrance and didn’t wait for Saki and Miya.

A few minutes later…

Ah! I want to ride that! And that! That too!” Mai pointed at each ride she wanted and poor Megu that she was the one who was being dragged around. Miya and Saki stayed a few steps behind and just watched Megu being dragged from one place to the other. “Don’t you think we should calm Mai down? Megu looks tired.” Saki asked with concern but Miya on the other hand took this as a chance to get away from the other two and just stay with Captain, alone. “I think it wouldn’t be a problem.” She then yelled at Megumi who was already a few feet away. “Megu! Would it be okay if we separate ways from here?” Megu looked back and nodded. “What time should we meet then?” Miya looked at Saki as she thinks of the time. “How about we meet back here in two hours?” Saki just nodded and Miya confirmed it with the other two before really separating ways.

Mai and Megu started to line-up with the nearest ride Mai wanted “Mai, are you sure you want to ride this?” Megu asked as she stared at the carefully painted dinosaur car. “Uh-huh!” Mai answered with matching smile and tug on Megu’s arm. Megu sighed as she couldn’t escape the hands of Mai and she couldn’t think of herself riding such a childish ride. She looked at Mai who seemed so excited with eyes glistening as she stared at the cars. Megu smiled herself upon seeing Mai this excited. ‘She’s already starting to grow into a wonderful woman but she still hasn’t moved on her child-like side.’ Megu thought as she looked at the few children lined up in front of them before sighing. ‘I just wish there were other people the same age as ours riding this thing… We really stand out when riding with a bunch of five year olds…’

On the other side of the park, Miya and Saki were slowly walking around the area, not really finding any rides that they both liked. As they got tired, they agreed to stop and rest on one of the vacant benches near a snack stall. “What should we do now?” Miyabi asked as she took out her phone to check on the time but before she could, she found herself staring at the one message she wouldn’t have dared to open. Saki on the other hand was busy sending a mail to Megu to ask how they were and if Mai had already bought a crepe. Once she had sent the message, she put it back in her pocket before looking at Miya whom she heard was asking her a question, “Miya, sorry I didn’t catch what you were saying. What was it?” She asked but the other girl was quiet and was staring at her phone with a serious look. Saki didn’t want to bother her but she got curious. “Miya?” She called but the girl was still focused on the piece of equipment. “Miya?” She asked again but this time, she got her attention. “What?” Miya replied as she closed the message and put her phone in her bag. “Are you okay?” The older girl asked and the younger replied with a nod. “Yeah. I’m fine. I just got a message from my mom asking how I was with a lecture series of not inviting boys in the house.” Saki smiled with the thought as she remembered her mother telling her the same. “Well, that’s how mothers are, I guess.” She answered as she glanced at the snack stall. “You hungry? Want anything?” She asked as she stood up and examined the food the stall was offering.

Not really hungry but with curiosity, Miya stood up and walked beside Saki as she surveyed the stalls’ food as well. “I’m not really hungry but I guess that strawberry pocky is one tasty treat.” Saki laughed as she heard Miya’s comment. “That is one tasty treat but that’s a dessert pocky.” She smiled, “Do you want it? There are other flavors but if you want it, then it’s good.” Miya began to contemplate if she were to buy the strawberry shortcake or the five-fusion berry flavored pocky well known from Goka, Sashima district in Ibaraki Prefecture. As Saki waited for Miya’s answer, she asked the lady at the other side of the stall for a Blueberry flavored Ramune and that she will have one stick of Dangos. As the lady hands over the stick of Dangos, Miya looked at it and it made her change her mind. “I guess I’ll also have Dango as well.” She told Saki as the older girl gave her the stick. “Okay. Here.” She handed her the stick with Dangos and she asked for another.

They sat back down on the bench and enjoyed their snack. They talked for a while; laughing, teasing, encouraging each other and also took pictures and before they knew it, the two hours were nearly up and they have 30mins left. They decided to start on walking and since it is already getting dark and cold, they want to work up their body heat and stretch their muscles. On the way to the main square of the park where they separated with Megu and Mai, Miya spots a takoyaki stand with a familiar person as the cook. Miya tugged on Captain and led her to the stand. “Kon’nichiwa.” She greeted as the cook looked at her. The cook gave the utensils to his assistant before smiling at Miya. “Ah! Isn’t it Natsuyaki-san. What could I help you with today?” He greeted with glee before looking at the shorter girl beside her. “Eh? Who is this with you? You’re not with Sugaya-san today?” He asked as he smiled at Saki. “Ah. Ono-san, this is Shimizu Saki. She’s the Captain I was telling you about.” Miya introduced as Ono smiled again at the sight of Saki. “Kon’nichiwa. I’m Ono. It’s nice to meet you.” Saki bowed slightly as she greeted him back.

Ono glanced at the takoyaki that his assistant was making then he made some comments before looking back at the two girls. “I see. It’s good to finally meet the Captain you always tell me when some problem comes up with you and Sugaya-san.” Miya became silent with the mention of Risako and their problems. She glances at Saki to see her reaction with the statement but as she did, there wasn’t any observable reaction on her face but only her wonderful smile before turning back at Ono with a false smile. “Well, Risako always comes after a while to get you and you two would always make peace.” Ono continued as he took over with the cooking. “You know, Sugaya-san was on my usual stand near your house a day ago and it seemed she was about to visit you.” That information shocked Saki but not as much as Miya. Miya didn’t want to ask anything about it but Ono continued. “Something weird that time though.” He stopped as he focused on getting the takoyaki its perfection before continuing. “She was the one who stayed a while at the stand and acted like how you do when you were there.” Miya knew she should say something to either stop Ono from saying more or just to get them back on walking. “Is that so…” She started but before she could say more, Ono continued as he looked at her. “She also mentioned Shimizu-san.” Listening to Ono, Saki was not expecting her name to come up with the discussion but now it did, her attention began to focus on him and not on how the takoyaki was being made.

What did she say… about Saki?” Miya asked as she bit her lower lip with the curiosity banging in her head. Ono turned some takoyaki before going back to the discussion. “She said that your Captain will take care of you more than how she did.” Saki began to sweat and so did Miya. As they go deep in thought, Ono gave out a small laugh. “It’s weird though. I mean, for her to say that. Did something happen between you two that I didn’t know?” He asked as he let his assistant take the cooked takoyaki. “Uhm…” Miya started but then she became silent. Saki on the other hand took the attention of Ono and gave an excuse for them to take their leave. Without any problems, they were on their way.

Both were silent as they walked and before they arrived at their destination, Saki knew that she needed to get Miya in a place where only the two of them could talk privately. Though they could talk about it when they get home but Saki felt this is the best time than later. “Say Miya, we still have 10mins. Do you want to ride the Ferris wheel?” Snapped out of her thoughts, she agreed and she knew she’s not in the condition to see Megu and Mai in the state she is in or else, questions would come up and she wouldn’t know how to answer them.

As they arrived, they got on it without a line to wait up and as they settled down, Saki took out her phone and found that Megu sent a message. It stated that they are currently eating crepe and that Mai still wants to go to one last ride before meeting up and so they would be late. Saki replied as she told Miya of the message. The ride hadn’t started yet for they were still trying to occupy each cart. Silence still covered the whole cart and Saki couldn’t help herself but to look at Miya.

Saki’s POV

'I should do something. I mean, I did act like I wasn’t listening but I couldn’t help myself. Ono-san could have just asked first but it was not his fault. He must have been curious and didn’t really know what happened to them. Thinking of Risako and what did happen, I still can’t see the reason why Risako had enabled herself to get pushed by her grandmother. If you really do love the person, you’ll actually stand up to any reason that could make that love break. Ah! I can’t think straight…'

Shaking my head a little as I tried to erase the thoughts that came in, a voice broke the silence and caught my attention. “The sky is really wonderful tonight.” I looked at the girl in front of me and saw her eyes starting to water. I panicked but I tried to be calm. “Yeah, it is, isn’t it?” I answered, looking out at the sky while trying to be as calm as I can, thinking of a way to soothe her. “Saki…” I heard her say and as I looked at her, she was already looking at me. “Mh?” I answered as I waited. She seemed reluctant to continue but she did after a little silence.

Why hasn’t the one I love care for me as much as you do?” The question actually surprised me and it was a very unusual question to ask. I mean, I don’t know the answer… or am I just ignoring it? I looked at Miya, concerned as I could be. “Miya… Maybe you’re seeing it differently.” I slowly and carefully went to her side and sat beside her. Even though we need to balance the cart, I didn’t care. For now, Miya needs my comfort and I should give it to her. I hugged her from her side as she rested her head on my chest. “Risako had cared for you Miya. You might have not noticed it but she might have cared for you more than I did.” I was slowly moving my hand up and down her arm to help the soothing but she broke free and stared at me. “No… You’re wrong…” She said as she disagreed with what I said. “Even Risako saw this true… She even told Ono-san about it…” I tried to calm her down and reached out for her. “Miya, maybe you’re just saying these because you’re feelings are affecting how you think-” I was about to continue when she stopped me with her own explanation. “It’s true that she cared for me… But whenever I need her company, most of the time, she spends it with the boys her grandmother arranged.” I gently pulled her toward me to hug her again but she didn’t let me.

I remember before we took a year break, before I started dating Risako, you always come when I call you up. Even though the reason is not urgent or anything, you come. Without any delay, you do. You cancel your schedules; you even skip school just to be there for me.” Tears started to fall from her eyes and I couldn’t help it. I gently cupped her cheeks to make wiping her tears easier. She held both my hands and slowly pushed them away. “But why can’t Risako do the same?

Her question really made me lost for words. I don’t know how to explain it to her. I can’t say I love her and that it is the reason why I’m always there for her. It just stopped when she stopped calling, the news of her dating Risako and Momo and I hooked up. Things got difficult and there was no time for us being together. I pulled her into a hug once again but tighter to let her know how I’m serious at the moment. “Miya… We all have the will to choose. Risako has chosen to please her grandmother but we don’t know the reason behind it. She might have been doing it to protect you. We don’t know unless you ask her.” I paused as I felt her tighten her grip on my shirt. “At my part, I chose to be there for you every time you need me. And I’m telling you again, I will be there for you Miya. Whatever happens, I will be.” I hugged her more and let her cry. I tried my best to think of what to say and this is it. I might be calm and responsible when it comes to work but at these type of problems, I’m just like everyone else; weak and unwise.

The ride had stopped but Miya is still in distress. I held her near me as I led her to the main square where Megu and Mai were waiting. As we got close, I could see Mai holding on to Megu like a baby monkey with her mother. “There you guys are. We thought you guys already went home without telling us. I sent two messages and didn’t get a reply.” I let Miya take a seat beside Mai and I took the vacant one beside her. “I’m sorry Megu. Things came up and I didn’t get to look at my phone.” I reasoned.

Leaning forward to get closer to Miya, I told her it would be okay. I’m here to help her move on and that is the reason why I’m staying with her a whole month. “Everything will be okay, okay? I’m here.” I told her but the response I was waiting for didn’t come from her but from Megu. “What’s wrong with Miya? Did something happen?” She asked but I just told her generally that it was about their break-up. Megu was actually surprised with the news. She didn’t know that Miya and Risako broke up. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know. If I knew I shouldn’t have asked.” I told her its okay. No one knows about it aside from Me, Risako and Miya. No one from H!P Kids know of this news yet. Not to mention Momo… What would she think if she knew? How would she feel if she knew I’m spending my time alone with Miya in her house?

Breaking off from the thoughts that come to mind because of a sudden voice was heard. “Mai! I told you that we shouldn’t go inside that Haunted House because you’ll get scared." Looking at Mai, I just realized that she had been clinging to Megu all this time with that scared expression on her face. “What happened to Mai?” I asked as I didn’t catch on what Megu was saying earlier. “Mai? Well, the last ride I told you about, it was actually the Haunted House. She wanted to try it but I told her we shouldn’t. Aside from it was already getting dark I knew Haunted Houses are really scary. And since she still has that child-like side of hers, I knew she would get scared. In short, this is the result of her being all "brave" as she said.” I nodded as I understood and a small smile came up from my face. “Okay. It’s getting pretty late. We should start walking home. We don’t want anyone to worry.” I finally said as it was already 7pm. “See you guys tomorrow for the recording. And don’t worry, I’ll take Mai home. You take care of Miya.” Megu said as she and Mai bid us goodbye.

------------------------------------

I feel bad for Risako.... I always make her the bad one in my fics.... I'm going to make a one-shot with her as the good one and Captain as the evil one. XD (I hope I wouldn't get too lazy to write it though. Lol. ) XD

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
Re: Hoping for Chance (Chapter 13) *Updated 10/30/2010*
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2010, 06:42:22 AM »
This is great! :twothumbs

I need more MiyaSaki!  :wub:

Waits for update... :cow:

Offline panickofpain

• captainlover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Captain & TakaMina
Re: Hoping for Chance (Chapter 13) *Updated 10/30/2010*
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2011, 01:04:16 PM »
I'm sorry for the very late update of Hoping for Chance. ^^; Been busy with school. Since Rokun already posted at my thread in H!O, I decided to post this here now. ^^;

Maybe you'll get confused with how it started...

----------------------------

Hoping For Chance
Chapter 14

It was the usual busy morning in the streets of Tokyo and everyone was busy walking or driving their way to work and some to school. Streets were filled and so are the work buildings. There was no sign of enemy troops invading and so, with the busy streets of Tokyo, the four members of Deltaδ Ace continue on their battles and overcoming struggles for the greater good of the Earth.

Okay! Let’s do the battle formation! One… Two… Three! Hiyaaah! Delta Ace Leader-

Mizuki! When will you stop shouting and finish your Math homework?” The irritated Haruna shouted as it was true. Instead of doing her homework due for tomorrow, here she is, shouting unnecessary things just to stall herself on doing her task. She’s the leader of the top undercover Ops there is on Earth and she can’t even focus on a simple thing as homework. This went on and on in Haruna’s head for a while now and she can’t even focus on her own homework because of the noise Mizuki was making.

Being deprived of stalling, Mizuki glared at the killjoy Haruna while she sat down slouching on her own chair. She didn’t want doing homework and all those stuff in school. She always wondered why she should go finish high-school when she already has a job and is also good at it. She flipped a few pages of the book, staring at the numbers and in a short while, let her head fall on it; thinking that the numbers would come when her head comes in contact with the book. “C’mon… C’mon…” She whispered but after a few minutes, nothing came.

Mizuki…” A calm voice echoed and Mizuki found herself looking at Yuki, a.k.a. ‘The Cool Type’. “You won’t find answers to those questions if you don’t try and solve them.” Mizuki watched Yuki as she sat down beside her and she stared at her with droopy eyes.

I don’t know how to answer these…” Mizuki answered with a sleepy voice.

Kind and helpful, Yuki put aside her own book to render help to the bored and sleepy leader. Mizuki felt alive after the kind gesture of Yuki and after a few scans, Yuki handed the book back to Mizuki and written on the side of the page were formulas to help her on solving it. Mizuki felt grateful and in return she hugged the helpful Yuki and even promised to treat her to lunch later. Hearing the word ‘lunch’, the youngest of the four, Lily, quickly grabbed her backpack and was rummaging the insides for her bento.

Speaking of lunch…” She finally took hold of the bento and carelessly placed it on the table; making a loud noise and shaking the table which made Haruna more irritated.

Can’t anybody have any peace and quiet around here!?” She asked in a loud voice before taking her book and leaving the room.

Lily and Mizuki just watched as the ‘Arrogant type’ left the room. “I really can’t understand Haruchii…” Mizuki thought loudly and a shout from outside was heard. “Don’t call me Haruchii!!!” Yuki just smiled on how the two can’t understand each other.

On the way she looked at it, the two have the same personalities but the difference lies on the mission itself. Mizuki tends to follow her heart without thinking of the consequences of her actions while Haruna was the one who follows statistics more and what she had learned from class.

Closing the book she was reading, Yuki observed the people around her; Mizuki was trying to answer the questions with the help of the formulas that she had put on the side of the pages and Lily on the other hand had put aside her home work and focused on eating her bento. Yuki had nothing else to do since she already finished her home work and already helped Mizuki. With nothing to do, Yuki left the room as she remembered their commander was looking for her.

Yuki, where are you going?” Haruna asked without looking away from her book.

I was being called by the Commander.” Yuki answered quickly.

Ah, okay. When you come back, could you help me solve these?” Haru asked, pointing to a few numbers.

Sure. The meeting with the Commander won’t take long. I’ll be back soon.

Yuki then disappeared at the end of the corridor as she took a left turn to the commander’s office. Before she could reach the door, a familiar sound came from her pocket. She was startled at first but held on to her phone and went to an empty room, beside the Commander’s office, before answering.

Minutes had past and Miyuki was getting eager to go out to lunch but Yuki was not back yet and Miyuki promised to treat her for lunch.

Where’s Yuki?” She asked as she looked at the tinted window, trying to look at the sky but only to see it darker than usual because of the tint.

She said she was going to talk to the Commander.” Haru answered, closing her book and leaving it on the table before walking to the vendo machine at the end of the room to get something to drink.

The three; Miyuki, Haruna and Lily, waited for another ten minutes and Miyuki was already worried. “I’ll find her.” Was the only thing that Miyuki said before walking towards the door. “I’m coming too”, Haruna took the doorknob while looking at Miyuki. Both stepped out of the room and were walking to the Commander’s office when they heard a familiar voice, or rather, familiar voices on one of the rooms. They were going to avoid it until Haruna stopped and placed herself against the wall near the door. “What are you-”, Haruna grabbed Miyuki and covered her mouth before whispering to her. “Shh! Be quiet!

Meanwhile, in the room…

C’mon man! We need you back there!

And where do you guys need me?

Back on Moon! Your father is ill. He needs his only daughter to come back and make peace with him.

Why would I make peace with him? He was the reason for me, leaving everything and moving on with my life on Earth!

And that’s why you chose to go against him?

That’s why you chose to join this… this stupid Delta Ace!?

Don’t call my group stupid!

Oh! So it’s your group now? I thought you have a leader. What was her name again?

Stop it!

I thought you respect your leader? Why are you calling stupid Delta Ace your group?

I do respect our leader and I… didn’t leave father to go against him…

But isn’t that what you’re doing-

… I just want him to realize that I’m not a child anymore. He needs to treat me like my brothers.

What else do you want him to do? He didn’t want to think of you as his enemy.

He just needs to learn and show me that he loves me…

… We’ll see you tomorrow. Same place, same time. Don’t be late, princess.

Back at the Delta Ace room…

Miyuki and Haruna entered the room in deep thought. The discussion they eavesdropped earlier was something very confidential. Although they didn’t know who were the other ones involved but Haruna was pretty sure the one being forced to come back to Moon was Yuki. Miyuki on the other hand was not buying the fact that Yuki was the one they were referring as princess and going back to the Moon.

Haven’t you heard the whole thing Miyuki?

We heard everything… and you chose not to believe that Yukina is not the one they were referring as Princess? Also, the going back to Moon thing, and being with her father?

No. I don’t believe it.

What? What else do you need to believe it!?

… Her word.

Haruna was lost for words. She couldn’t believe that Miyuki really believes in Yuki that much, that she would go this far in not believing the whole thing until… Yukina tells her the truth.

-------

Okay, that’s enough for today! Thank you for your hard work.” The producer commented before letting the four members of Blitz go home. It was already half past lunch and they were already hungry. What a coincidence, Miya promised to treat Saki for lunch. She was grateful for what Saki had done last night and it made her open her eyes on something new and to pursue it. Meanwhile, Megu and Mai decided to go home since both have tests the next day. Miya and Saki went to a nearby sushi eatery. They already ordered and were waiting when Saki’s phone rang. Looking at the gadget and the name of the caller, she knew that she needed to take this. Even though she needed to, she didn’t want to. Going to the toilet, Saki answered the call from someone she first thought she knew well but now, she had no clue. “Hello?” The caller on the other end didn’t answer at first but when Saki greeted the second time, she answered. “Captain… Remember that I told you to take care of Miya from now on…” It took maybe, ten seconds before Saki answered. “… Yes. What about it?

I… was wrong… I thought I could move on from her but… I couldn’t.

… I see.”

Can you please… meet me at the takoyaki stand near Miya’s house later?

Okay… What time?

Around seven. I just need to talk to you personally…

Okay. I’ll come at seven.

With that, Risako hung up and Saki was left thinking in the comfort room. She knew that Risako wouldn’t move on as instantly as you could say it. Saki anticipated that. No, Saki knew it from the start. It was the same with Miya, but because of what happened last night while riding the Ferris wheel, with all the things that Miya said about her always being there for her. Also on how she showed how much she cared for Miya. She didn’t know why she told Miya good things about Risako, as if protecting and telling things that Risako did care for Miya. She said those things to maybe help soothe her but was it really her intention to make Risako’s image better for Miya’s view or was it just the most practical thing to do? After the incident yesterday; she knew it is too early to face Risako tonight. Not that she really had a problem with it but because, this could be the chance she had been waiting for. The chance for Miya to fall for her.

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
Re: Hoping for Chance (Chapter 14) *Updated 01/27/2011*
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2011, 09:47:28 PM »
Oh god, finals. :mon study:

Yay! Update!  :cow:

You gotta be kidding~! :mon fire: After hurting Miya so much, she wants Miya back? :on redcard: She kissed the dude! :angry: Don't tell me she was forced to.. :smhid

Do something, Captain! You're in too deep already. Can't back out now~ :mon pray2: :mon misch:

Okay, now I will wait. :P

Offline panickofpain

• captainlover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Captain & TakaMina
Re: Hoping for Chance (Chapter 14) *Updated 01/27/2011*
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2011, 01:13:07 PM »
Wow... I think I should have just posted this tomorrow so that it would be April 1st (GMT +8). xD
But I can't help it. I'm running out of ideas and I think there will be another long wait for the next chapter, so, might as well give this now. ^_^

Hoping for Chance
Chapter 15

- - - - - - - - - - - -

The sky was dim. The clouds were gray. Drops of water were racing down to the finish line - one by one – as they came into unison at the end of the track. The wind blew strongly but at the same time, gently, as it enveloped the rain and forced them to leave the race and join their dance. People who were caught in their midst went rushing to take shelter in nearby houses with extended roofs; capable of shielding them from the mess the wind and rain drew with their powerful yet graceful jazz.

It was already around six in the evening, and the girl by the slightly opened window was getting edgy with time. She watched as the rain continued its fall and at the same time, as if in deep thought. She was not moving; not even looking at the person calling her for some time now. She was so deep in thought that her thoughts scared her. No one knew why; no one from her group, and certainly not the girl walking towards her. Maybe because they don’t even know what she was thinking?

Even if I knew that this plan might not go as planned, and even fail, I shouldn’t have let myself believe it wouldn’t... She still couldn’t think of anything else but the earlier call from the youngest girl in the group, and what she had told her. She knew helping Miyabi heal will make her much closer to her and her true and sincere feelings would once again resurface. Knowing these, she still decided to continue. Not only because she wanted to help Miya but because she also wanted to help Risako.

It happened a week ago. She received a call from the weeping and regretful younger girl. She didn’t know back then what was the reason for the call but as they talked, she finally realized. It was something she had no choice but to agree. Well, maybe she did but she was blinded by another reason - a reason of her own.

A slight nudge at her shoulder snapped her from the confusing thoughts as she turned to her side to see who nudged her. There, standing beside her was Miya. The younger girl didn’t say anything when their eyes met but Saki knew she was worried. Smiling a little, Saki reached out to the girl beside her, not hesitating on holding her hand. The younger was still silent but managed to answer by tightly holding the older girls hand. “Saki… just tell me what’s in your mind. You had been silent since lunch. What happened in the comfort room? Who was the one who called you?” Saki knew the other girl was worried but she wouldn’t want her to know what was really going on.

It’s fine. It’s nothing.” With a squeeze at the others hand, she smiled once again, “I’m sorry. I’ll make it up to you tomorrow.” The other girl didn’t respond, instead, she moved away to sit on the bed. “When you say it’s nothing… it meant something.” She finally replied, moving her head to the side to look away. The older girl felt bad for hiding something from Miya. She hadn’t hid anything from her ever since she started liking her. She didn’t hide anything except for that one thing. Everyone knew that secret except for Miya. Everyone except for the only person who should had known. Now, she needed to hide everything from her - from her feelings and to the ones concerning it.

Saki moved slowly towards her companion as she realized it was already near seven. Time could really fly when there were these unexplained and awkward silences. She sat down beside the worried girl, hesitantly took hold of her hand before resting her head on her shoulder. “I need to go soon. I’ll be meeting with my parents for a little while.” Another silence came but it didn’t take long before the younger girl felt warmth on her left cheek. “I’ll be back in an hour.” Miya still didn’t say anything but watched as Saki stood up and walked to the door.

Miya let herself fall backwards on the bed as she thought of what could have made Saki this silent. No, she was not only silent, she was also sad. Miya hadn’t seen her act like this, or maybe there was a time she did. Furrowing her eyebrows as she remembered a time when she did saw her like this. It was months ago, she couldn’t remember what exactly happened. She just knew it was when she was spending the day with Saki after a long time they didn’t. Since H!P Kids were given a year break from work, they had time to go out and have more fun than they used to. It was that time, when Miya invited Saki to eat out and go shopping in Shibuya. They already bought what they needed, they already drained their energy walking around and so they stopped by a restaurant to eat lunch. While eating, that is the only time Miya remembered to tell her friend about Risako. The other was surprised but congratulated her and wished them happiness. At first, everything was fine. They were eating happily; chatting, laughing and having fun. That fun and happy moment ended when they left the restaurant. Saki had this blank face that you couldn’t see or feel what she is feeling or thinking. She was suddenly unpredictable and distant. She walked a little farther from Miya, never opened a conversation, not giving comments, and not even showing her usual true smile. She suddenly knew something was wrong. Sighing after looking back to that sad memory, Miya just closed her eyes and in minutes, dozed off to sleep.

Meanwhile, walking slowly with each step getting heavier than usual, Saki was already a few feet from the takoyaki stall and as she gazed to study its surroundings, she found no sight of someone familiar and not even the person she was going to meet. Sitting on one of the benches beside the stall, which the rain could not disturb, Saki greeted the owner. As usual, Ono greeted her with a huge smile on his face. “Ah! Shimizu-san, it is nice to see you again. Our first meeting was at the grand opening of the new theme park.” Saki smiled to the old man, “Yes. It’s nice to see you again Ono-san. I hope you don’t mind me meeting someone here?” As the old man was rolling the takoyaki to make sure the whole was already cooked, he nodded with a smile. “Of course I don’t mind. You’re welcome by my simple yet old stall.” He let out a laugh before focusing once again to the food he was cooking. Saki on the other hand whispered thank you to him before going back to her thoughts.

It was already seven and there was no time to turn back. Saki sat quietly on the bench as if there was no one there. It was already dark and there was just the light from Ono’s stall that tried to make its surrounding seem alive. Lucky for Saki, she had that light to at least give her strength to meet up with Risako. She didn’t mind seeing Risako unless it has something to do with what she feared. It’s too good to be true… She thought as the memories with Miya went flashing back in front of her. Those memories before the year break. The memories before she was told about the relationship between Miya and Rii. Those memories were vast, pure and innocent. At those memories, they were showing something Saki wished would turn to something promising. Something that she had wished would come true since then. They were so close back then. Staff in their workplace even let out a rumor that they were already a couple. Of course, that was too good to be true. When that break came, everything changed.

Taking a deep breathe, Saki tried to stop herself from dropping any tears as it was not the time for it. She could cry about it later. Maybe tonight, tomorrow or some other day when she has nothing better to do. Looking at her phone, it was already ten past seven and there was still no sign of Risako. Saki still waited, looked around and finally spotted Risako a few feet away. Well…Here she comes… No turning back now…

As the younger girl sat beside her, Saki greeted her as usual as she does. She tried to hide anything that would suspect her falling for Miya again. Well, as if she had stopped loving her. The younger girl just answered with a slight smile before looking down at the ground. “Saki… I need Miya…” The younger girl didn’t even let any second to waste as she already wanted to start the conversation and maybe end it soon. Saki looked at the ground as well with nothing to say. This topic was a bit heavy for both of them. For both knew the other loves Miya, and both knew they love the same person. Letting out a sigh to break the silence, Saki finally thought to answer her with her own question. “Do you want to be with her again?” Asking that question made her afraid of what the other might say. Although she kept telling herself that of course, Rii still loves Miya and she’ll eventually tell her that she wanted to be with her. If she didn’t, she wouldn’t have called to talk about it.

Without a doubt, she was right. The younger girl did want to be with Miya again. That’s why she wanted to talk. She wanted to know if Miya had already moved on and Saki knew the answer to that. It has not been too long since they broke up and of course it takes time to move on. A sigh left the older girl’s lips as she smiled reluctantly at the younger girl. “Miya, hasn’t moved on yet.” She finally answered but as soon as she did, her smile faded and was replaced by regret. She knew she shouldn’t have told Risako about it but this what else could she say? She can’t lie to her about it. Of course, it has just been a week since they parted. No one would believe that the other, whom was the most affected, could have moved on that easily. The younger girl made a bold move on holding her hand. Saki was released from her thoughts as she felt the warmth on her hand.

Saki… Please help me get her back.” The younger girl pleaded and the other was frozen on staring at her. It took a while before Saki could answer. She had a great debate in her head and there was no mistake on the result. She looked at the younger and near to weep girl with a smile. You could say a smile of assurance. “Of course.” She answered as it hurt her inside but the other was overjoyed. The younger suddenly wrapped her arms around the other and pulled her into an embrace. “Thank you very much Captain!” The other just responded with a ‘no problem’ and as soon as that was settled, Risako left Saki on that lonely bench. Considering that the other people eating their snack or possibly dinner, Saki shouldn’t be alone but because no one there knew of what she was feeling, she felt alone. It felt like she needed someone to talk to. To at least get her thinking straight, and maybe, cry a little. She didn’t know what else to do at that moment. She said she’ll be helping Risako but at this point, she had no clue on what she’ll be doing to get Miya back to Risako. If only Momo was here… She randomly thought and as she remembered her current lovers’ name, her phone vibrated in her pocket.

There was no mistake. The caller was no other than Momo. Saki thought it was a good thing that she was calling but on the other end, she thought this time was not the best. Even though she was debating again with herself, she picked up.

Saki-chan?” The other girl at the other end answered in which seemed like an excited tone. “Momo!” The older girl answered trying to be as herself as she could. “How are you? Have you eaten dinner?” Saki took a few seconds to answer since she was really feeling heavy inside which made it hard to speak. “I’m fine. Never been better!” She started as she let out a small sigh. Before she could continue, the girl on the other end distracted her. “Are you sure you’re okay?

Saki let out a laugh just to not make Momo suspicious since she knew she said something Momo didn’t like hearing. She knew Momo well and even with just a little delay on answering her question and even how different she answered, Momo always knew if she was telling the truth, lying, or if there was something wrong. Now, Saki knew Momo was already feeling a disturbance just because she used ‘never been better’. It was something Momo didn’t like hearing. The statement actually reveals something good to the person who you’re talking with but to her, it’s the opposite. “I’m sure. It’s just that… I’m really glad you called.” The other seemed to take her word for it since she didn’t ask anything else after. They talked for a long while; an hour and a half to be exact. It was already nine in the evening in Japan and Momo knew her lover would need to rest since she still has work tomorrow. The younger girl already said her farewell for the night and was about to end the call when she thought she heard whispering at the other end. “Saki? Is there something wrong?” She asked, a little serious now and a simple, ‘I’m glad you called’, would not be sufficient to calm her thoughts.

The other girl at the other end smiled. She wanted to talk about it with Momo. She knew she can; about the thing about Risako wanting Miya back, but because Momo might not know that Miya and Risako separated, she would eventually get worried and a lot of things would suddenly be revealed to her. Saki knew that it would break Momo’s heart once again if she suddenly knew everything. Saki thought of keeping her mouth shut for now, at least, until Momo tells her that she knows about the break-up. “Saki?” The younger asked once again and the older answered, “Momo… I…” She started but before she could even continue, a familiar voice echoed beside her. Saki looked up and found herself looking at Miya who looked mad. She just stared at the girl, not even realizing that she was still on the phone with Momo. Not until she heard a voice from the gadget she was holding that she was snapped from looking at Miya. “I’m sorry Momo. I need to settle something. I need to go now.” She reasoned as the girl at the other end agreed.

Saki stood up and walked towards Miya, forgetting that the rain was still pauring. She stopped as soon as she stepped out of the shade the stalls’ extended roof, as she felt drops of water hit her. The other girl, holding an umbrella, quickly placed it on top of Saki. The older girl went silent as she couldn’t look at the others’ face, for it revealed not only annoyance but also sadness and worry. “Mi-” The older girl started but the younger stopped her with a sigh. “You said you were only going to go for an hour.” That statement made the older girl feel sorry for not saying anything about extending the time she was out. “What if something happened to you? What if you got lost?” The younger lectured but both knew the other wouldn’t even get lost, but just because of concern, the younger felt responsible for the safety of the girl living with her at the time being.

The older girl kept silent but was a little surprised, since she had not seen Miya act like this before. Maybe she did during Berryz outings but not as sincere and concerned as to tonight. Miya was getting impatient as Saki was still hushed up, although mixed feelings were stirring inside her, she couldn’t stop on getting mad at her. What she just said was true. What if something really happened to Saki? That would affect her too much. She already lost her girlfriend; she didn’t want to lose another one as well. Looking at it clearly, she didn’t want to lose this person in front of her. After everything she revealed that night at the Ferris wheel, she realized how much Saki had put up with her. She realized how the girl cared for her. That kind of concern and importance; which she couldn’t fully acquire from her former lover. “Miya-chan!” A voice, heard from the stall, stopped the younger girl in her thoughts. “Don’t get angry at Saki-chan. She was on the way back to your place when her phone started ringing.” Ono-san let his assistant take over and walked until the end of the extended roof. “She just stopped by here to take the call.” He explained more before looking at the nervous older girl with a smile.

Miya, taking the word of Ono had let go of the issue and led the silent older girl to the bench she was sitting on earlier. Silence still surrounded both of them until the troubled older girl apologized for her tardiness that resulted for Miya to worry. The once worried younger girl accepted the apology and was relieved that the older girl was far from harm. “Have you had dinner?” Miya asked as she recalled, she herself didn’t. The older girl shook her head as she revealed she hadn’t yet. Hearing that, Miya told her that both of them will go home now and eat. She’ll be cooking tonight. Saki couldn’t disagree. Not that she needed to, but she just felt bad for making Miya that worried about her. Miya opened the umbrella and waited for Saki. Saki on the other hand thanked Ono for saving her from explaining earlier. The old man handed a pack of takoyaki to Saki and said, “I hope that will be good with your dinner.” He commented with a smile. Saki tried to pay for it but the owner said it was okay. It was a gift for staying in his stall that night. Said he didn’t feel lonely when Saki came. The older girl thanked him and both Miya and her said goodbye to the old man.

On the way back to Miya’s house, the rain and the wind still hadn’t finished their piece as they continued their jazz. As they got more into the beat, the rain poured harder and the older girl was feeling cold than how she was earlier. She was out for more than two hours with just sitting there on the bench, naturally, she would be cold. As the wind blew hard past them, Miya quickly slithered her arm around the older girls’ waist and pulled her closer. The other didn’t complain but felt better with the warmth of the other. The older girl smiled shyly as she remembered how she always does to the younger girl way back then. Those memories came up filling her head once again as she then found her, reminiscing something she always wanted. Now that the tables are turning once again, will she settle with the deal with Risako… or will she go with her own flow and grab the opportunity?

Offline panickofpain

• captainlover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Captain & TakaMina
Re: Hoping for Chance (Chapter 16) *Updated 03/04/2012*
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2012, 10:27:03 AM »
It will be a year since I hadn't updated Hoping For Chance on the 31st of March 2012, and it will be the 3rd year birthday of this fic on the 14th of May which is nearly a month and ten days from now.but I think the wait is now over. I'm sorry for not updating it for so long. I just hope people would want to continue on reading this. ^^;

Hoping For Chance
Chapter 16

--------------

The place was dark and cold; it was as if darkness took over the earth but there was this constant colours lighting up, not one by one, but at the same time.

Buritsu!   Buritsu!   Buritsu!

They called as they waved their glow sticks, waiting for the event to start. On the other hand, four girls were waiting backstage, waiting for the signal of the stage assistant. When that signal was made for standby, the four girls took hold of their microphones and as soon as they were in their positions, a familiar sound boomed out to the crowd. At the peak of the song, the four girls went out on stage and performed with all of their might. This was the last of the series of events for the promotion of Deltaδ Ace! and Blitz.

At the end of the show, a feast for the group was prepared by their producers and all of Hello!Project Kids were invited. It is sad that the ones on America can’t come. Someone was wishing they would come.

“Saki? Are you ready to go?” Miya, whom was waiting by the door asked.

“Oh! Yeah. I’ll be out in a sec. You can go ahead.” The older girl, Saki, answered while she was fixing her bag.

“Okay. I’ll wait for you at the lobby.” Miyabi said as she closed the dressing room door.

Saki was nearly finished on placing her things on her bag when her phone suddenly rang a familiar tone. Knowing the familiar ringtone, she slowly took her phone out of her bag and as soon as she looked unto the screen, her usual worry grew. This was the fifth time the girl called her. This was the fifth for this week. She couldn’t take it anymore.

She waited until the ringing ceased before placing her phone back in her bag and all the few other things in her bag; zipping it closed, before walking out of the dressing room and into the hallway. From the end of the corridor, she could see a glimpse of Miya. She got excited as she thought she’ll go together with Miya to the party, but as she grew nearer, she couldn’t help but wonder why Miya was partly laughing. She was talking to someone, but whom?

When the eager Saki walked out of the corridor and finally saw the whole picture, her heart sank. She knew the girl who called her earlier would find Miya easily.

“C’mon Miya. You’ll get to see Captai in the party anyway. Let’s go together.”

“… I can’t. We already agreed on going together.”

Saki’s sunken heart had lifter halfway as she heard Miya declined Risako’s offer. She was about to walk towards them when the persistent youngest girl spoke.

“Please Miya?”

“I’m sorry Risako. I’m going with Saki.”

“But you promised me first! Don’t you remember?”

Saki got confused when Risako mentioned about a promise. She thought of a time when Miya could had spent time with the girl so she can say that. Looking at Miya from a few feet away, she suspected that it could have happened earlier this week, although she couldn’t remember any day that Miya spent some time with Risako.

“Risako…” she heard Miyabi started. “That was a long time ago.”

“But I was still first.” The youngest girl insisted.

“But… Rii… Please understand. I -”

“It’s okay.” Saki suddenly said as she finally walked towards the two.

“S-Saki…” Miya was surprised by the oldest girl’s appearance.

Saki looked at Risako with a slight smile before looking at Miya. “It’s fine Miya. You can go with Risako instead.”

“But… Saki -”

“It’s okay.”

“… But I promised you first.”

Saki shook her head, “It doesn’t matter who was first, Miya.”

Miya looked at the older girl in defeat. She wanted to spend the night with Saki. She promised her a week ago; in that rainy night where she got so worried when Saki left that night to meet up with her parents. It was when she saw Saki as silent and empty like the time she told her about her relationship with Risako, a year ago.

She finally found the new light in her life. Now that she had found it, she feared it will be lost again.

“Don’t worry, Miya. I’ll still see you in the party.” Saki finally said before bidding both Miya and Risako goodbye. Miya couldn’t do anything. She wanted to stop her but the thought of Risako there, she couldn’t. Maybe she is still a little hang-over over her but, it really weighed her decision tonight. She finally looked at Risako with a smile, “Let’s go.” The younger girl returned her smile and they walked together, hand in hand, to the venue.

Saki decided to go back to Miya’s house first as she wanted to leave all her unnecessary stuff behind. She made her way towards the venue but as she was nearly our of Miya’s subdivision, she felt her phone vibrated. She continued on walking as she opened the message. As she read it, she stopped and read the message over and over again. She wanted to believe it was not true but there was no proof it didn’t. She closed the message and continued to the venue in a hurry, as she tried to stop herself from thinking about it. “It’s not true…” She kept on whispering to herself.

When she finally reached the venue, all the guests were so focused at the front and Saki was forced to stay on where she was. People filled the area with mostly excited, but some surprised, faces.

“Tonight, unexpected news filled this hall and we are really happy to hear the real story from these lovely ladies.”

Saki was curious of this news and so she made her way to the front but as she did, she only saw something she didn’t want to see.

“So you two, was it true that the two of you started dating again?”

“I wouldn’t say it as dating…” the older girl answered, as if she was worried.

“We started hanging out again when Blitz started these promotion events.”

“Wow! That was just a week ago! Say Miyabi-san, how did you fit your date in your busy schedule?”

“It’s not a date. Risako just comes to the venue of our event then we just eat or I walk her home. We won’t be dating soon.”

“Is that so? But we think things are starting beautifully again. Are you sure you’re not going to ask Risako to be your girlfriend anytime soon?”

“N -”

“We decided to take it slow this time. We don’t want to jump right into that relationship.”

“Really now, Risako? But just seeing you guys walk, hand-in-hand, in here, really looked like you’re already a pair.”

“Well, no…”

“Not yet, but I sure hope we’ll be soon.”

Miyabi looked at the girl clinging beside her with a confused and disturbed look. She didn’t thought Risako would lie like this in front of everyone in H!P. They didn’t even talked about dating or even getting back together. Yes everyone knew about them when they were still together, but who even told everyone about their break-up? Only five of them knew; Megumi, Mai, Risako, Saki and herself. Who could have told the whole H!P board and members?

“What are you talking about Risako?” Miyabi asked in a whisper as Risako was smiling at the crowd.

“What do you mean?” She whispered back and looked back at the crowd and finally saw a glimpse of the vulnerable Captain.

“Say, just to prove to everyone that you guys are into that path again, why don’t we see a kiss?”

Miyabi was surprised, “What? Why?”

“So it will be a charm.” The MC stated before making the crowd cheer for a kiss.

“Wait… This -”

“C’mon Miya, it’s just a slight kiss.” Risako whispered to her before glancing back to the crowd where Saki stood.

“No Risako, I can’t. Saki might be at the crowd.” Miya answered her before looking at the crowd, unable to see Saki, who was just in front of them.

At that time, Risako knew she would need to do something to get Miya to kiss her in front of Saki. She could see Miya still looking intently for Saki at the crowd. She called on to her and when Miya looked her way, she kissed her on the lips. It took a long 7 seconds kiss and when she parted from Miya and glanced at the crowd again, the vulnerable Captain was nowhere to be seen.

As the crowd applauded and cheered for the two, Saki was already out the doors of the venue and was running back towards Miyabi’s house, but before she could even reach the house, her phone vibrated and the caller’s timing was perfect. She stopped and answered the call.

“Hello? Saki?” The caller at the other end started.

“… M-Momo.” Saki answered with a smile on her face. She was already crying and she knew Momo would sense it with her tone.

“Saki? Are you okay? Why are you crying?”

Saki just shook her head and took a deep breath, holding her tears off, “It’s nothing Momo.” She paused for a little, quickly wiped her damp eyes and cheek before answering again. “I… I just miss you Momo.”

“I miss you too Saki… but is that really why you’re crying? Do you want me to come back sooner?” The girl at the other end asked with worry ringing all over her voice.

“N…” Saki started, trying to clear her mind and just tell Momo to not come back earlier, but the picture of Miyabi kissing Risako in front of her earlier wouldn’t let her be at peace.

“Saki? Hello? I’m really getting worried. Did something happen? I -”

With all her mind has set her to say, she opened her mouth and said, “I want you to come back…”

“What? I’m sorry, I didn’t hear that well Saki?” With the muffled voice of the older girl earlier, Saki cleared her throat first before telling Momo, “I… I want you to come back… now.”

Momo was silent for a second before telling the other girl on the phone that she will come back by tomorrow morning, earlier than the rest.

Finally… She had told Momo to come home. She couldn’t take it anymore. She knew… She knew it would be impossible. And because of Risako telling her she wants Miya back and she’ll do anything to have her again, it looked like, she’ll really get her back. Saki is now, giving up.

Saki finally reached the house. It seemed Miyabi was still at the party. As shee entered, she didn’t waste any second on packing her things and walking out the door with it. She didn’t leave any sign of her leaving the place. She was using Miyabi’s extra pair of slippers in the house so it was natural to see two slippers by the door. She left the cabinet doors closed so Miyabi won’t suspect anything. She didn’t leave anything, except her phone on one of Miyabi’s side desks. She didn’t know she had left it. She was too eager to leave. She just wanted to get out of there.

Before she left, she made a phone call, using Miyabi’s house phone to her aunt. She told her she was going to stay for a while with her. As her aunt agreed, she then made her way out of the door and out to the bus stop.

On the other hand, Miyabi was already on a bus towards the bus stop near her subdivision. She was going the other way and she actually left the party earlier than the rest. She felt there was something wrong. When her bus passed the empty bus stop at the other side of the road, where only a girl was sitting with two bags with her, Miyabi didn’t see the girl until another bus stopped near it. When she saw the girl, a part of her said it looked like Saki but she didn’t want to believe that Saki would think of leaving her without saying goodbye.

When she got home, she firstly looked at the slippers and there were two of them there. She thought maybe Saki went back to the party. She continued to walk inside and everything was the same as how they left it before they went to the event that morning. She continued upstairs and the lights were all closed, just how normal it would be if no one was in the house. She opened the lights and went into her room. The room was clean. The room was clean, just how they left them. She looked around and everything was there, except Saki’s bags. It was supposed to be at the other end of the room but it was not there. Miyabi suddenly went into panick. She firstly looked at the bathroom but no one was there. She then hurriedly looked at the cabinets where Saki placed her things and as she opened them, they were empty. She looked around the house, hoping Saki was still there and hadn’t left yet, but as she looked, the thought of Saki was not there anymore made her want to cry. She stopped near the stairs and took her phone. She called Saki’s number and it went ringing. She wanted her to pick up but nothing. She dialled her number again and it continued on ringing. That was when he heard the ringtone of Saki’s phone. She followed the sound and led her to her own room. There, she saw Saki’s phone on top of one of her bed’s side desks, lying there and cold. She knew then, she knew that Saki had left for a while now. She knew Saki had left her without saying goodbye. She knew all these, but she didn’t know where she would find her.

“What… What could have made her leave without saying goodbye?” She asked herself as she sat on the bed, starring at the older girls phone. “Why?” She asked once again, trying to find her answers from the silence. She kept looking for the answer and when she did, she looked at her mirror, staring blankly on her own face before throwing her own phone unto it; breaking the mirror into differently shaped shards.

“Could she have seen the kiss?” She asked herself as she stood up and walked out of the house. “She had seen it… there is no other explanation for her sudden leave.” She told herself as she took a cab to Saki’s house. She knocked on the door and was hoping she was there. When Saki’s brother opened the door, he told her she was not there and they hadn’t heard on where she could be. Saki’s brother insisted that they would contact Miya when they get a word from her. Miya thanked him before going back to her rented cab to drive her back to her house.

When she finally was in her room again, she didn’t open any lights of her home, she didn’t even bother taking off her shoes, but she went straight to her bed and laid there, staring at Saki’s phone for the rest of the night, until she finally dozed off to sleep.

Offline panickofpain

• captainlover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Captain & TakaMina
Re: Hoping for Chance (Chapter 16) *Updated 03/04/2012*
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2012, 10:57:46 AM »
I just updated this not long ago, but because of an inspiration, I just happen to finish another chapter of this. And since this is already soon to end - maybe another two to three more chapters - I decided to really put some thought in the chapters. Although I know I'm not that good of a writer, I just hope everyone would like it. :)

Just a thought... I had a hard time writing a part of this fic. I wanted it to be a really devastating news to Miya but, I had a hard time because... I just couldn't write those words. So yeah, maybe I'll get the strength to write about it in the succeeding chapters.

-------------------

Chapter 17

It was already morning and the usual day in Tokyo had already started. The sun was shining; the birds were chirping and it looked like every wonderful day; except for the now awakening young girl whom was comfortably snug in bed.

♫ kiri nai hodo yumemiteru ♫

♫ hitori ni shinaide ♫

The girl rolled to her side as she tried to get away from the loud device.

♫ dakishimete ♫

♪ samishii mono doushi ♪

♫ nagusame atta dake ♫

The girl tried to ignore it by using her pillow to cover her ears, as she tried once again to go back to sleep.

♫ sonna no shinjinai ♫

♫ aishiteru to itte ♫

After the last two lines, she threw her pillow at the floor and tried to make her way back to her original place on the bed, to find the device that was going off so loudly in the morning; little did the girl know that it was already half past eight.  Her room had dark coloured curtains which made it look like the sun was just about to shine.

She kept her eyes closed, still lazy to get up; she reached out to the nearest side table to search for the contraption that kept on ringing. As her hand felt a familiar shape and proved that it was where the annoying sound came; she picked it up, pressed a button, and held the device near her ear.

“Hello?” She asked, in a sluggish voice. “Ah! Hello? Captain?” The person at the other end answered. The girl holding the phone was silent when she heard the voice. She was confused on why the person on the phone is calling her captain when she was not Saki. It was when she finally realized that the cell phone she was holding was Saki’s. She suddenly sat up and tried to fix her composure. “Ah, hello? I’m sorry, but Saki is ---”, but before she could finish, the girl on the other end suddenly called her name, “Miya?” Miya stopped and answered, “Yes. Who is this?” As she waited for the answer of the person, she sat on the edge of the bed, ready to walk to the window to open the curtains; but as she was about to, the answer of the caller made her stop and fall back down.

She can’t believe what she was hearing. It was a morning greeting she did not expect. “Hello? Miya? Are you still there?” The girl on the other end asked. Miya was hesitant to answer, more so, her heart was beating faster than it should. She knew who was on the other end of the phone, and she knew exactly how she felt for her. Her heart was beating fast of anger so early in the morning. “Miya? Are you still there? Answer me!” She heard the other say, but she was busy trying to grasp the reality she was in. “Risako…” She started and the other girl went silent. “Don’t call Saki again.”
The other girl didn’t get a chance to ask why when Miya ended the call right after she said those last words.  She was angry. She was angry at Risako for that lie she made and even the kiss she forced on her. More so, she was angry at herself. If she hadn’t let herself go with Risako that night this wouldn’t have happened. She knew she drove Saki away, for the second time. She clenched her fingers and held them tightly in place as her disappointment and anger grew. “How could you do this to yourself Miya! You finally… FINALLY! Realized that someone really cares for you. Someone whom was beside you all these years – cared for you, understood you, soothed you, bonded with you, loved you… encouraged you… You just… let her go again. Most of all… you hurt her! I could just… I could just!” She stated, talking to herself, when she stopped and held her hand high and was ready to slap herself when another ring came from another phone.

She stopped and looked at her phone’s way. She didn’t waste any second on not answering. She quickly took it and answered, “Hello?” The number was not registered in her phone so she thought and hoped the caller was Saki. “Hello? Miya? This is Megu.” Hearing the callers’ voice, she already knew she was not the one she wanted to hear. “Ah… Megu. What’s up?” She answered, trying to be normal as she can be. “Miya… I have a message for you.” She started and Miya was curious. “I need to tell you something. It’s about Saki.”
Miya’s heart suddenly raced as she heard the name, Saki. “Really? What is it?” She suddenly asked. “Miya… Chisato… She, didn’t want me to tell anyone. She actually didn’t want anyone to know.” A lot of thoughts came popping in Miya’s head as Megu kept telling her those and it sounded as if, it’s something grave. “Miya…” Megu started again, but before she could even continue, Miya could hear a familiar voice from the background and some shuffling from maybe, handing out the phone to another person. “MIYA!” The loud voice boomed out of the receiver and it made Miya move the phone away. “Miya! What are you doing!?” Miya had a hard time figuring out who was talking but when the other finally calmed down; she finally knew who it was.

“What do you mean, Maimi?”

“Don’t tell me you don’t know!?” The other girl asked as confused as Miya is right at that moment.

“I don’t get it. What are you trying to say? I just woke up and I’m already having a start of the day with a bad one. So don’t make me guess anymore!” Miya answered, as frustrated as she was.

“So… you don’t know?”

“What do you mean? Of course I won’t know if you won’t tell me!”

“…”

“Maimi? Are you still there?”

“Miya… Do you like Risako?”

“Huh? I thought this has something to do with Saki?”

“Just answer it.”

“No… I don’t. Whatever she said and happened last night, I was not aware of it until I was there. I think I was set-up.”

“What do you mean?”

“Just… It’s hard to explain.”

“…”

“I mean…”

“Do you like Saki?”

“…” Miya was caught off guard. She was not sure of it, but she was sure she wanted Saki to stay with her. She wanted her back.

“W-what do you mean? Of course I like Saki. She’s my Captain -”

“No Miya! Not as Captain. Saki as someone you cherish!”

“… I …” Miya started but was unsure of what to say. “Why are you asking me this Maimi!? She has Momo! And I have…”

“Aha! So you do still like Risako!”

“No! It’s not that!” She wanted to say ‘I have Saki’, but she then remembered, Saki is not there anymore and she just denied having to like her.

“Whatever, just listen closely to what Megu’s going to tell you.” Maimi lastly said before handing the phone to the waiting girl beside her.

“Hello? Miya? I’m sorry for the ruckus Maimi just made. She was just… worried.”

Miya was really confused and frustrated at the moment and it became worse when she answered this call. It went from Saki to Chisato then to Risako then to whatever Megu was supposed to tell her. It might sound simple but for her, it was a heavy burden after what happened last night.

“Miya… Momo cheated on Saki…”

‘What?’ was the first thing Miya thought of when she heard, “What? What do you mean cheated on Saki?” She went from confused to really confused, and from frustrated to more frustrated. She couldn’t believe it and denied it while talking to Megu. Momo wouldn’t do that to Saki. She saw how Momo loved Saki. She’s not the type that would cheat on her. She wouldn’t.

Meanwhile, a young woman stepped out of the bus and quickly walked her way to the house she knew, her lover was in hiding. No, she didn’t know why she was there. She just heard from her lover’s parents that she was staying with her aunt. When she finally saw the blue coloured gate in front of her, she didn’t hesitate to ring the doorbell. She kept on whispering, “I hope she’s okay”, until she heard the door open. There, a middle-aged woman walked out and greeted her. Nothing else was said and she led her inside and to the outside hall of the room where the one waiting for her was staying. She whispered a ‘thank you’ before going ahead and knocked on the door. It took a few seconds before the door opened. The one on the other side was surprised that she had finally came. She couldn’t help but weep. Tears started to fall from her eyes to her cheek. The one who just came just let herself in, closed the door behind her and quickly hugged her crying lover.

She hugged her tight. It has been a month since they last saw each other and she knew a lot had happened to her, more so, to the one who she was holding in her arms. “Mo..mo…” The crying girl called as muffled as her voice was. Momo did not let her go and just answered with a “hai?”.

“I’m… I’m sorry.” The crying girl started and Momo smiled. “It’s okay Saki. Did you miss me that much?” The older girl hesitantly nodded. She knew, that was not really the reason why she was apologizing. She knew she would need to tell Momo about what happened this past month. She would want to know. Not to mention, her unexplained stay here in her aunt’s house. “Ne Saki. It’s okay. I’m here now. You don’t need to cry anymore. Look, you’re making me cry too.” Saki looked at Momo and tears were really starting to fall from her eyes. “Momo… you don’t need to cry.” She also stated to her but the other just smiled. “I really missed you too… Saki.” She said as sincere as she was and it warmed Saki’s heart. She hugged her again. There was silence as they hugged each other. It was until Momo’s phone started ringing. She took her phone and answered it. “Hello?”
“Hello? Momo?” The caller greeted and it made Saki worried. She was beside Momo and she had a glimpse of the name on the caller ID.

“Miya? Is everything okay?”

“Momo… Maimi said you came back earlier than the rest, so I just wanted to call you and welcome you back to Japan!” Miya, whom was the caller, answered.

Momo didn’t get to hear the whole greeting Miya had said because of a tug of her hand. She looked beside her, seeing Saki holding on to her arm and she looked afraid. That’s when Momo had a thought of why Saki suddenly moved to her aunt’s house for now. With that, Momo placed back the phone near her ear and thanked Miya. “Say, Momo… Wouldn’t it be possible you’re with Saki right now?” The caller finally asked and Momo knew what to say. “No Miya, I’m sorry. I’m still in the airport and I’m waiting for my parents to pick me up.” She lied. She needed to. It was not for her, it was for Saki. As she put down her phone, she looked back at her lover whom was sitting beside her. She hugged her and let the silence prolong for the meanwhile. She knew Saki would tell her eventually. And once she had told her… she would tell Saki what happened in America. What happened between her and Chisato.

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 80kidz - Life Begins at Eighty