JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Cocco - Kumojino hate

Author Topic: (Group) Wonder Girls (원더걸스)  (Read 320490 times)

Offline a_P

• Usa-ChanPeace Lova!
  • Member+
Re: [KOR] Wonder Girls
« Reply #660 on: July 20, 2009, 05:26:46 PM »
^^ nice....i knew i should have called in sick today lol ohwells hope to catch it on youtube or something

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #661 on: July 20, 2009, 06:29:57 PM »
^If you get home from work in time you can also catch it on my tv at 4PM(formally UPN, but the channel could be different wherever you live). and Bet at 11PM  ET.The Jimmy Fallon interview is on now, im anxious waiting for them.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 06:34:59 PM by mode107 »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline chubar

• future super idol of the world.
  • Member+
  • [☆] [ you are my saviour. ]
    • basicbaka
    • aibon
    • nebulaway
« Reply #662 on: July 22, 2009, 04:43:19 AM »
i really want to see them in concert. :( they're coming to az for only a day. let's hope i can go with a friend! *crosses fingers*

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #663 on: July 24, 2009, 08:06:48 PM »
I remember the March performance of Wonder Girls at MTV Iggy being posted here before, but I don't recall the interview being posted... So just in case, you can watch it here:

http://www.mtviggy.com/video/exclusive-wonder-girls-live-nyc-segment-2-interview-suchin

I wish Yoobin had said passionate instead of aggressive... just coz some stupid people could misinterpret what she meant. XD

And Yeeun's sudden clarification 'we love each other only as friends, not boyfriends!!' was pretty funny  :lol:

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline mrhomiec

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #664 on: July 27, 2009, 07:15:38 AM »
was anyone able to get a good quality version of the performance from the show?

Offline Kanki

• Kanki-tastic
  • Member+
  • Ooh La-La!
« Reply #665 on: August 02, 2009, 09:16:30 PM »
So! I met the Wonder Girls yesterdaaaay so I suppose I'll write a little fan account. XD

The night before yesterday I was on Twitter when I read the girls would be teaching the Nobody dance at the Verizon Bus at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas on August 1st, well lucky me! I'm here until the 4th! :DDD So, the next day Alex and I went up to Mandalay Bay and went on a search for the Verizon bus...which was nowhere to be found. We literally spent an hour looking for this thing. We later found out that it was moved to the grand lobby.

But at the time we didn't know, so we went back inside and wandered to the other side of the "Red, White & Blue" restaurant where we saw a whole bunch of fangirls dancing to Jonas Brothers music... Aha~ The JB concert. It didn't occur to me until then that they were there because of the JB duuur. So, we saw that and a Verizon booth so this must be it. The girls were scheduled to come out at 4:30 but they weren't there yet. We wondered if we were in the right place and then I saw a girl wearing a "Wonder Girls" T-Shirt so I figured we were. We waited some more~

Eventually all the girls came up from downstairs wearing their sparkly sequined outfits! I was freaking star struck. I didn't know what to say and could only just staaare and Im like I need to take pictures SOMETHING. So I managed to hop by Sunmi and I asked her for a picture aaand she happily said sure, she seemed a bit dazed...but it's Sunmi keke~ (I better have goodluck at Loligolf now!)

Alex is a fail picture taker! But that's okay, because after that they were ushered to the front and we were told we could get pictures if we got in line, so we rushed to the line and these obnoxious tiny asian girls kept shoving at us, I wanted to toss them to the ground. >:O

We eventually got up there and they were all very nice, and we got our pictures with them keke! I didn't know what to say except thank you and haha~ aaah.. ^^; Yubin and Sunye pointed at my shirt and were like "Oh! Oh wow, oh my god." It was cute haha. I was wearing my Wonder Woman shirt with the 5 "wonder girls" rofl. Sunmi realy is SO tiny. Sosososoooo tiny.

So, I stood with Alex to the side and watched other fans get hugs and pictures. It's strange they were supposed to teach the dance to "Nobody" but they never did. XD So, I randomly said, "Haha, they should teach 'Tell Me' or something too." and the korean guy next to us was like, "Oh! You know that song?" and we're like of course and he was like, "Oh do you know Wonder Girls through the Jonas Brothers?" and we're like "lolno." and explained that we're fans of them and other korean artists and all. So he was surprised and come to find out he's the PD! Rainstone at that. You know, Rainstone remix! So he tells us about this meet and greet thingy where we could get autographs, because we wanted autographs and that we should talk to the lady incharge of WG promos in the states (shes on the phone in the picture with the girls). He said it was for the really big fans,so fans with shirts and stuff of the girls and I pointed to mine and I was like, "Will this do? Hehe" and he was like, "Definitely! Haha~" So, after the girls left Alex and I darted over to her and asked her whats up and she was really awesome and added our names to the list and told us to meet at Starbucks with the others at 8:30.

So, 8:30 rolls around and Alex and I hung out at Starbucks. When she got there she gave us wrist bands so we could get backstage, Alex and I had the last 2 wrist bands she had. Oh man oh man~~ There were only about 15 of us who got to go backstage.

So, we went back there and we waited for the girls to come. Eventually they did along with awesome Rainstone PD. He pointed at me and was all, "Oh oh! You made it!! Awesome!!" and of course I was like, "Indeeed! Thank you so much!" The girls all went around and gave us hugs and thanked us for coming.

We got the chance for another group picture, so I decided to do the "Omona~!" thing for fun and this time all the girls noticed my shirt and seemed happy that I knew this song haha. "Oh! You know this~! Very cool. Thank you!"

Then we broke off and got to interact one on one, so Sunye was the first girl I got to see. She seems pretty quiet, but not as quiet as Sohee. I got all of the girls autographs and talked to several. Yubin was actually pretty cool, I generally didn't like her as much but she's really approachable. Alex was nowhere to be found so I did a "myspace"-esque picture with her haha.

Yeeun was really amazing. She's extremely nice and seemed the most happy to be there. Her english is AMAZING and we chatted a bit about things and it was just really nice. Super sweet girl. She seems to like giving hugs the most rofl.

Aaaand lastly I met up with Sunmiii who freaking stunned me with her english. After she gave me her autograph I said thank you in korean and she was like, "Oh wow! Are you learning korean? Your pronunciation is really good!" her accent was very minimal which threw me for a bit of a loop. I explained that I was learning a little bit and we chatted a bit more. Keekeke. First Sayu comments my headband and now this. Aaaah~~!!!

Later I got a picture with Sohee and Sunmi, I needed a nonblurry one with Sunmi. Haha. Sohee is SO cute omg she is even more cute in person. She's very very shy and Alex did a voice recording for one of our friends that had Sohee going "Hiiii~ I love yooou" and it was cuuuute as hell haha. She seems very shy but she's very sweet.

This definitely made me love the WG even more. And I'm super excited I got to talk and hang out with Rainstone PD~~ Hell yeees. Kekeke. Alex has him in his phone now, so they even texted and whatnot last night. So awesome. We're also on the list for WG LV performances, but I'm going to try and get it switched to Ohioland or midwest, since obviously I'm not from out here.

Oooh what luuuck I'm having this week. So awesome so awesome. I'm so happy omgggg *__*

« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 09:21:33 PM by Maki Kanatsu »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #666 on: August 02, 2009, 09:19:22 PM »
KANKI THE #1 PIMP!!! :pimp: How did Yoobin smell?

Fuckin AWWWESOME (in pipsqueak voice like Joe Lo Truglio as "High-Voiced Guy" in "I love you, man")

Offline Kanki

• Kanki-tastic
  • Member+
  • Ooh La-La!
« Reply #667 on: August 02, 2009, 09:22:18 PM »
Hahaha~ Flowery :P

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #668 on: August 03, 2009, 02:17:20 AM »
Awesome Kanki~!!! Thanks for the story ^o^   Next time get an autograph to JPH!P too! XD

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #669 on: August 12, 2009, 05:21:04 PM »
Wonder Girls made it onto Twitter's Trending Topics this morning!  :heart:

I hope they stay there for awhile!

--edit--

Lulz, screencap fail. It's fixed now. :D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 09:55:01 PM by mini*wheat »

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline Kanki

• Kanki-tastic
  • Member+
  • Ooh La-La!
« Reply #670 on: August 12, 2009, 09:15:42 PM »
Did you screencap it? :(

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #671 on: August 12, 2009, 09:56:42 PM »
^
I did! Totally just fixed the link.

Also it's Sun Ye's birthday! She's 20 today!  :heart:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUN YE!!!

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #672 on: August 18, 2009, 05:11:20 PM »
Teen Choice Awards 2009

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #673 on: August 19, 2009, 02:52:15 AM »
YeEun is looking prettier than all the others lately~ I wish Sunmi's hair would grow fast because I don't like that cut on her at all. And I hate the hairdos theyre doing on them lately >_<  Except for YeEun of course, since this hair and makeup style seems to favor her a lot.

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #674 on: August 19, 2009, 03:51:45 AM »
Haven't seen it posted yet, the english version of Nobody video is up @ Itunes.
Life is one time.

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #675 on: August 23, 2009, 05:22:47 AM »
Not very familiar with these girls yet....only exposure was when they performed "Kissing you"

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #676 on: August 23, 2009, 08:10:01 AM »
Oh really AW? You are missing out man. They have dope shit. Check them out
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #677 on: August 31, 2009, 08:39:41 AM »
Just saw them live. :D

More details tomorrow when I'm more awake.

JYP's autograph:

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #678 on: August 31, 2009, 08:45:19 AM »
Cant wait to see the details  :thumbsup
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Comrade

• Master of the FujiGoto Yogurt Technique
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #679 on: August 31, 2009, 04:03:48 PM »
Hah, way better vids have been uploaded, but here's mine from last night.
Wonder Girls open for Jonas Brothers at the Rogers Centre
We were all the way at the top of the stadium.  It was really fun, and the audience was pretty pumped (yes, all the 9 year old girls were more excited about the JB, but oh well :lol:).  It was the biggest venue on their tour!  That's pretty neat.  Lil old Canada ain't so lil anymore, huh?

Later when we were lined up to meet the girls, a girl behind us cried out, "It's JYP!"  So I took pictures, and Asmo got his CDs signed.  :thumbsup

p.s. It took, like, eight thousand and forty-two hours to stand in that line. XD  But when we got out, the moon was shining brightly and peeking out from ominous-looking clouds.  I said I loved it and Asmo asked if I was a werewolf.  I said that maybe that's why I liked TOZ so much - he's a zombie and I'm a werewolf. XD
Sweet dreams, Jab.  Love you forever.

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Cocco - Kumojino hate