JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Zazen Boys - I Don`t Wanna Be With You

Author Topic: The Spirit (2008)  (Read 3160 times)

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
The Spirit (2008)
« on: August 01, 2008, 01:35:52 PM »

http://www.mycityscreams.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spirit_(film)

"Down these mean streets a man must come. A hero born, murdered, and born again. When a Rookie cop named Denny Colt returns from the beyond as The Spirit, a hero whose mission is to fight against the bad forces from the shadows of Central City. The Octopus who kills anyone unfortunate enough to see his face who has other plans. He's going to wipe out the entire city. The Spirit tracks this cold hearted killer from the city's rundown warehouses, to the damp catacombs, to the windswept waterfront all the while facing a bevy of beautiful women who either want to seduce, love or kill the masked crusader."
Written by Anthony Pereyra {hypersonic91@yahoo.com}

Going along with Masa, here's one he hasn't made a thread for. :P
Saw the trailer at Comic-Con (but missed the panel -___-) Though I wish it didn't look so much like Sin City, still looks awesome.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 02:45:13 PM by StreakInTheSky »

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
Re: The Spirit (2009)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 04:40:24 AM »
CAN'T WAIT. I'm especially looking forward to Samuel L. Jackson's performance!  :lol:

rina ♥ mini

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Spirit (2009)
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 10:01:46 PM »
Quote from: Rythm-X
My favorite Comic Con moment (via the magic of Youtube and cellphone camera)?  Samuel L. Jackson hitting The Spirit in the crotch with a mo lei tau sized wrench, then hitting him in the head with a cinderblock and a toilet, all in the middle of an immense lake of fecal matter.  Clip introduced (and presumably written and directed by) an inebriated Frank Miller.

This, of course, seems to have been wholly deleted from the Internets.  But it was all too real.

The first half of the trailer was terrible. The second half was insane.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: The Spirit (2008)
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 07:37:07 AM »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 10:52:06 AM »
Love that slogans on their face.

Eva Mendes ASS = BOX OFFICE GOLD!!!!

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 05:21:16 PM »
Who went to see this?? Shit Eva Mendes is looking amazing...and wanna see if Frank Miller can direct.

dunno who the title character is at all!!

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 10:52:01 AM »
I went to watch this....and Eva Mendes HiPs alone made it worth price of admission.

SPOILERS!!!

Pretty dark. I went in not knowing who the fuck The Spirit is but basically he's kinda like Wolverine. Kinda dull explaining everything but hey - so Sam Jackson is a mad scientist. Scarlett's boobs is WINNER. Even with all that babble. You can't really feel for the characters, it was just all flash and pizazz with long boring narrative. I prefer shit like Sin City that's wall to wall action. Eva Mendes photocopy of her ass as a calling card? UNNGH. Genius. I give it 2.5 outta 5 -was that supposed to be Sam Jackson's penis that Scarlett picked up in the end lol

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Zazen Boys - I Don`t Wanna Be With You