JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: LOVE CRESCENDO - RIFLE GIRL

Author Topic: Traveler [ch. 31 up -07/10]  (Read 69152 times)

Offline len.chan

• Po pooo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • coming back to life
Traveler ch. 21
« Reply #260 on: April 25, 2007, 05:00:49 AM »

“You’re not coming” said Miki reading Aya’s thoughts.
“My leg’s ok already and I’m not going to play the role of the worried girlfriend waiting for you to come back, that’s not my style”

She’s said girlfriend?

Everybody stared at the younger, from Rika, who was looking a bit sad, Yossi smiling, Risa and the youngers surprised, to Nakazawa, who had raised an eyebrow hearing the good news.

“They’re my friends, Miki” continued Aya without paying attention to the others “I’m not going to stay”
“I’m going too”

Yossi walked towards the others, hanging up at her back the sword that Eri gave her. Rika took her arm and tried to stop her with a really worried look in her face.

“You can’t…”
“If I’m good enough to disarm Miki I’m good enough to fight. I’m going”

The small group left the tunnel when the sun had almost disappeared from the sky. Yuko grouped them and then made a signal to Miki, who was already at an advanced position waiting for the others.

“They’re hidden behind the ruins beyond the clear” explained Nakazawa “It’s difficult to get there without being seen and they can’t leave without attracting her attention…”
“Leave that to me”

The leader looked at Miki. She wasn’t sure about letting her go alone but, the truth was that just one person could get nearer that the whole group before being noticed and, if someone had to do it, Fujimoto was the best choice.

Miki didn’t need Yuko’s answer. She knew what to do and was going to leave when someone took her hand. They stared at each other for a moment, Aya unable to say anything but with the words ‘don’t die’ written in her eyes. Fujimoto nodded understanding, then she smiled and gave her a quick on the lips before disappearing in the shadows.

Yuko took a small radio that she was wearing at her belt and switch it on. Luckily, she’d taken precaution before Goto left the complex and gave her something to be able to contact them if something happened.

“Maki?” she whispered to the device.
“Yeah, we’re still here”
“How’s the situation?”
“Pretty bad…”
“Casualties?”

There was a sudden silence at the other end of the line and a few seconds passed before Maki decided to answer.

“Three”
“Who?” Aya had took the radio from Nakazawa’s hands and asked anxiously.
“Aya?”
“Who, Maki?” insisted Matsuura.
“Tanaka, Koharu and Ayaka”

Aya kept silence. She’d never been close to the younger ones, but Ayaka had been one of her sister’s best friends and a great lose…

“Something’s happening...” said Gottsan “I hear movement outside”

Yuko turned to the others. It was the moment.

“That’s Miki’s signal.

Now that the things where going so well… You guys always so timing, right?

Fujimoto was advancing through the shrubbery stealthily without taking her eyes out of the clear where the beasts were standing. There’s something else, though. A body, no, two bodies lying on the ground. It was too late for them.

Why are they so quiet?

It wasn’t normal. They weren’t eating? Not even surrounding the bodies? The monsters had their heads raised, like smelling the air, waiting for something…Then Miki looked in the direction where the ruins where and analyzed the situation. She would have to do something big to make them move further away from there.

Ok…kill some monsters before dinner, go back home and spend a lovely night with that hot girl who claimed herself as your girlfriend. God… I can’t believe she said that…

Miki averted her look a moment from the clear and stared at the point where her group should be. Aya’s worried look came to her mind once again.

Then, moving slowly, she kneeled down and seized strongly the hilt of her sais.

I hope you’re ready.

One of the sharp weapons flew directly to the nearest beast’s throat, piercing it as butter. The monster fell and, immediately, the rest of the group turned to the spot where the dead body of one of them was. But there wasn’t just the corpse. Miki was there too, with one foot stepping on the dead beast’s head. She pulled up her sai without any consideration and look at the monsters with a defiant glare.

“Let’s dance”

“Ok, Gaki, Aibon and Nacchi head straight for the ruins and get them out of there. Atsuko, Nono and Yossi with me, Miki’s gonna need some help. Aya and Rika…” she said turning to both girls “…you’ll stay here to cover us”

Everybody nodded and they dispersed in their respective directions. Yuko’s group advanced towards the clear quickly, but before they reached it, Nakazawa stopped Yossi a moment, putting a hand over her shoulder.

“You’re sure? You still can go back…” she asked the younger.
“I’m sure”

Yuko saw the resolute look in the younger and smiled. No doubt that girl was special.

They look at the clear through the trees and saw Miki. She was surrounded by six monsters, her sais filled with blood moving with millimetric precision, piercing the deformed bodies. But it was getting more and more complicated. Then they saw one of the beasts jumping over Miki and both falling to the ground. It was time to do something.

Shit!

Fujimoto kicked the monster; throwing it at her side and trying recover as quickly as she could. As soon as she stood up, an intense pain filled her whole body and her vision blurred for a moment. Miki shook her head and was going to continue the fight when she noticed that there was just one sai in her hand. The other was too far to reach it so, she had to reject the next attack just with one weapon and her bare hand.

She had just stopped one of the claws of another beast over her head when Yuko appeared at her side.

“How’s your record?”
“Twelve!” answered the younger punching the monster in its stomach and piercing the sai at the back of its neck.
“I think yo..u’ll break it to…day!”

Nakazawa got rid of the beast in front of her and stared at Miki for a moment. The younger hadn’t answered. She was concentrated in the fight, all sweaty and looking tired. Too tired to be Miki…

“Some help, please!”

The leader turned and saw Nono and Yossi surrounded. Almost every beast in the clear was there, leaving just a pair of them to Atsuko and still another three with Fujimoto.

“Can you handle it?” she asked to Miki a bit worried.
“You’re kidding me?!”

Seeing the younger knocking down one of them, Yuko decided to go to help the other two that were beginning to have some trouble to hold back the monsters.

From the line of trees, Rika’s shotgun was clearing Yuko’s way until she reached the youngers. Once she was there, Ishikawa’s attention diverted to where her friend was fighting.

“Something’s wrong with Miki…” she said with a worried whisper to herself.

It wasn’t Rika’s intention that her worries could reach Aya but, after shooting an arrow that knocked down a beast, Matsuura turned to her.

“What are you talking about?”

Ishikawa felt awkward. It was the first time that the younger said something to her without being a verbal attack. This time, in front of her, there’re just two worried eyes trying to figure out what was happening.

Then, without answering, she looked again at Miki and Aya’s eyes followed hers, understanding the moment she saw Fujimoto that Rika was right. Something was wrong.

Just a bit more… I just need a bit more time…

She recovered the second sai with a fast movement and stopped an attack at the level of her stomach, kicking the beast to move it further away from her. Each time it was more difficult… They where faster and she felt her legs less and less…

The pain began to be unbearable.

I want to go back home with you…

The wound in her side didn’t stop bleeding. She had been too self-confident with her own skills and that beast got to wound her when both fell to the ground. At that moment, Miki remembered all the times when Rika scolded her for being so imprudent and all the times that she ignored it. Now Fujimoto began to regret it.

Now, for the first time in years, she began to fear death. She never cared about it before, there was nothing in that world to keep her anyway, and so she just fought, waiting for her turn to be the looser of the battle. But now, she had made a promise.

“…will you stay by my side?”

She breathed deeply and kept the air in her lungs, tightened the grip on her sais and, with her last strength, stabbed the remaining beast in its heart right to the hilt of her weapon.

“I’m sorry, Aya…” Miki didn’t feel her legs anymore and kneeled to the ground, dropping the other sai still in her hand “…I can’t…”

To be continued...

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: [3/2007 Fic of the Month] Traveler
« Reply #261 on: April 25, 2007, 05:45:44 AM »
Oh my god, you cannot do this to Miki right now, or I'll murder you. Brutally, slowly, and painfully.

And you just killed Reina, Koharu and Ayaka? T_T

I want to see more...

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #262 on: April 25, 2007, 06:40:45 AM »
Let's see, finally hook up with the person of your dreams, only to die/lose them almost immediately after? Not the most original plot device, but in this situation it can work.

That was my "being logical" reaction.

Time for the fanboy reaction...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SHIT!!! Please let Miki be okay! Please let Miki be okay! PLEASE LET MIKI BE OKAY!!!
  :frustrated: :gyaaah:

And WTF Reina, Koharu and Ayaka? That's no fair! Couldn't it just have been a few of the Eggs or something? :pleeease:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #263 on: April 25, 2007, 07:58:07 AM »
Or Girl A, Girl B, Girl C etc etc

OR did konkon fix the time machine already so this era is ending?

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline MyDearYossi

• みきよし
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~Daisuki da yo~
« Reply #264 on: April 25, 2007, 08:58:20 AM »
Mikiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :pleeease:

She can't die! Miki's survivor...

Offline Mikan

• The Corruptor Extrodinaire
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #265 on: April 25, 2007, 10:34:18 AM »
Wow, Action chapter. YeHAW!

Ok, Im gonna make a non pervy request so this is something quite rare. Can I please have an illustration of the monsters?

Read the complete Doki Doki!!

Offline katatsumuri

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #266 on: April 25, 2007, 10:38:02 AM »
cliff hanger again !!  :tantrum:

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #267 on: April 25, 2007, 08:33:50 PM »
Noooo, Mikiiii!!!!  oh wow and  Koharu and Ayaka were 2 of the three that died?!?....... Noooooooooo
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #268 on: April 26, 2007, 03:42:45 AM »
I love how you so casually took out Reina. Nobody really notices the miracle and coconut girl that much, so they can be dead, but the Yankee? Damn.

Rika and a shotgun? If she's more background, wouldn't a longer range weapon be more appropriate? Or was she shooting from really close up?

You know what? I'm too critical tonight. But you're not really going to kill Miki, are you? That seems so out of character for you.

Offline glcorps2002

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Rina Akiyama: Booty Beauty
Re: Traveler
« Reply #269 on: April 26, 2007, 01:33:20 PM »
Ok, new rule: On the next world, no one kills the coconut! Got it? Good.

Offline Arcadia Victis

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #270 on: April 26, 2007, 09:47:32 PM »
wait a sec... I thought Yossi wasn't allowed to have a pistol because bullets didn't do anything to the monsters, so why would Rika pack a shotgun?

Meh. Just bein' nitpicky I guess. Can't wait to read the next chapter.
Rika <3

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #271 on: April 27, 2007, 05:14:20 AM »
Couldn't it just have been a few of the Eggs or something? :pleeease:
I second that, and then some.

Miki, you're so cool <3~ *fangirls* BUT WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU KILL HER OFF, len! I'll join forces with Estrea if you kill her off. And if she does die, so does my mutualness for GAM pairing *threatens with all my heart* ¬___¬

-Owaranai_sLaVe
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline nkca_

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #272 on: April 27, 2007, 09:56:57 AM »
gaaah it took a while to read the whole thing T_T, my eyes kind of hurt, anyway just as i was YAY! GAM<3 there you go and MAKE us believe you killed miki...cause you didn't right...I mean, don't, please? XD looking forward to the next chapter!

Offline orangesocks

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #273 on: April 27, 2007, 11:50:32 PM »
Nooo!! Don't be dead, Miki!!! Gyah...

Offline Tinnygy

• Jeez, don't look at me!
« Reply #274 on: April 28, 2007, 05:52:04 AM »
Nooooo, Len.chan, you killed Reina, Koharu, Ayaka and planed to kill Miki too???  :'(
GAM= Great Aya and Miki

Offline Mikan

• The Corruptor Extrodinaire
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #275 on: April 28, 2007, 07:46:23 AM »
Well, I didnt like Koharu anyway...but Reina? And a lesser extent, Ayaka?
I suppose sacrifices must be made for the sake of fiction ^^

Read the complete Doki Doki!!

Offline Blizzard

• 雪の天使
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #276 on: April 29, 2007, 06:00:19 AM »
This is the part where Yossui goes all Matrix-like and saves Miki, right?  Right?  :cool1:

That's too bad about the others that have been killed, but so far there's only been one world that Kaoru's been to where Yossui is still alive.  I think that is the bigger tradegy!

Looking forward to the next chapter!

Offline len.chan

• Po pooo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • coming back to life
« Reply #277 on: May 01, 2007, 07:44:05 AM »
well.. I don't have much time to comment on everyone but seeing that the main point was why I killed Ayaka, reina and Koharu I'll answer to everybody at the same time XD
Someone had to die at the battle.. and at the beginning it was going to be Maki. But then I thought that there's no need to kill another one of their leaders so I picked up Reina, who I mentioned before in the fic, Koharu (that I don't really like her XD) and Ayaka as someone who had been a close friend of Aya's sister.. that's all, there's no more reason. I didn't like the idea to kill just three random kids..

and now, the last chapter of this world. I know it may seems prettty rushed.. But i wanted to finish it before leaving for Japan. I'm going tomorrow and I still have a lot of things to do.
When i'll come back you'll have a brand new world to discover XD

Silence.

They couldn’t make anything else but wait.

“Miki!”

Rika’s voice shouting desperately was stuck in Aya’s mind together with the image of Fujimoto collapsing to the ground. Matsuura didn’t have time think about it, she just jumped from her place and ran towards Miki as fast as her leg allowed her. All happened so fast that she could only recall a few details…

The younger looked at Yossi, seated against a wall with her eyes closed. She had hurt her right arm, nothing serious, but enough to make Ishikawa dead worried about her for a few minutes. Aya smiled sadly. Even if that girl wasn’t her sister, they were the same… Someone brave enough to risk everything for the ones she loved…

“Take her out of here!”

Yoshizawa had knocked down with her sword one of the beast that was blocking Aya’s way. The younger was disarmed and it could have been the end. She saved her live.

But, it was worth it?

“I’m sorry, Aya”

Next to her, Maki had been in silence all the time. Someway, she knew that, what happened to Miki was eating the younger from the inside. Obviously, something was going on between them since Gottsan left Yuko’s place but Maki knew  that it wasn’t a good idea to ask about it now…

“…it’s my fault. We must have returned sooner…”
“You’re ok?” asked Aya, who until then didn’t seem to pay attention.
“Just some scratches… And you?”
“I’m sorry for Ayaka” said Matsuura absently “She had been Hitomi’s friends for so many years… And Tanaka and Kusumi..., they were so young…”
“Aya, you’re ok?” insisted Gottsan “I know that Miki and you…

But, before Maki could have her answer, Kaori arrived to the square where everyone was waiting and Aya jumped from her seat.

“Tell me that you have good news”

Nakazawa was standing in front of her waiting with Aya and Rika already at her side. The taller saw the restless in their eyes and lowered her head.

“I’ve made everything I could do…”

Matsuura didn’t wait to hear the rest of the sentence and ran inside the dorms before anyone could stop her.

“You’re good for nothing!”
“It’s your fault!”

Why do you hate me? Can’t you see that I’m scared? That I need you?

“I’ll be always with you”

No, you won’t. Mom was right. It’s my fault. I’m the one who should be dead…

“Be strong, Miki-chan…”

I can’t. I’ve failed you again. I promised you that I’d be strong but I can’t. I tried to be like you, I tried to make this world a better place, I tried… The truth is that I don’t have your strength… I’m nothing like you.

It’s hard.

It hurts.

“I won’t forgive you…”

I know mom, I can’t forgive myself either. Not just because of her but all the other mistakes I made since then. You told me… Her sacrifice was in vain.

“I won’t forgive you if you die”

“Tan… will you stay by my side?”

Aya?

“When you’ll stop risking your life as if nobody cared about it?!”

“Now that I was going to give you a chance you have to find another way to annoy me, right? I hate you, Fujimoto”

Matsuura was trying to sound angry but her voice was going to crack at any moment. She had rushed into the room, without knowing what she should expect, and had found Miki lying on the bed unconscious, with the wound on her side bandaged and an almost unnoticeable breathing moving her chest.

“You can’t even keep a promise” she said moving slowly towards the bed “Not that I wasn’t expecting too much from someone who has seducing girls as her hobby but, God, this has been the shortest relationship ever…”

The younger seated next to her at the edge of the bed and took her hand.

“Miki, please, don’t leave me alone again…”

“It’s not your time yet, Miki-chan. Live… For me…”

“Let’s make a deal, Tan. If you keep your promise…” Aya leant to whisper in the older’s ear “… I’ll let you do anything you want with me…”

Nothing. Just the same damned silence filling the room. What the hell was Aya expecting? That hearing something like that Miki would jump from the bed as if nothing happened? So she gave up, there’s nothing else she could do and, giving Miki a sweet kiss on her cheek, she stood up and walked towards the door.

“Anything?”

Aya turned to look at the bed again, unable to believe her own ears.

“You know…” said Miki again with her eyes still closed and breathing heavily “…it’s really an…noying to have to be half dead to get some at…tention from my girlfriend…”
“Who said anything about girlfriends?” asked Aya crossing her arms and trying to act cold.
“You… Before…”
“I didn’t…”
“You did it” cut Fujimoto with a wide mischievous grin on her lips.

The younger, even if she was trying to deny any kind of feeling that could make her look concerned, was at the verge of tears. She saw Fujimoto bringing her hand to the wound with a hurt expression on her face. When the sharp pain seemed to stop, Miki opened her eyes and stared at Aya, who had lost the battle and had already a tear rolling down her cheek.

“I love you too, Princess”

“She did it before” stated Nakazawa trying to calm down the rest of the girls “Fujimoto’s stronger than all of us together”

Then, Konno appeared followed by Kaoru. They knew that it wasn’t the best moment to tell the news but maybe, after what happened, it was better for them to leave as soon as possible.

“Yoshizawa-san, the Traveler, I think it works”

Yossi walked towards them. She’d almost forgotten about it.

“You’re sure?” she asked.
“Well, I repaired the loose piece that I found but we can’t be sure until we try it” answered Konkon, leaving the machine in Yossi’s hands.

The singer stared at the Traveler for a moment and then turned to Rika, as asking her what she should do. Yossi wasn’t sure anymore…

“So wonderful was your life back there?”
“I can love you the same way… even more…”

What to do? What’s the best? To leave when half of the girls where wounded, knowing that she could help? But if she stayed…, what would happen to the people in her own world? There weren’t any physics rules for that kind of things? Wouldn’t she break the Universe’s balance or something? Her career, the group, Rika… What’d happen if she stayed?

“Go home”

The voice was firm.

“But you asked me to stay”
“I was selfish and blind” Ishikawa was standing next to her, masking the pain in her heart with a soft smile “I can’t make you stay when there’s someone else waiting. This isn’t your place, Yocchan”
“But…”
“She’s right”

Everybody stared at Aya, who has returned from the rooms more relaxed and approached to Yossi slowly. All the jaws dropped when the stubborn Matsuura surrounded the older’s neck with her arms and held her.

“Don’t stay…” she said in a barely audible voice that only Yoshizawa could hear “I couldn’t stand to see you die again…”

Yossi wasn’t able to find any word. Aya moved away from her before she could react and, taking Kaouru’s hand, pushed her towards the singer. The girl looked at Yossi and the older saw the restless in her eyes. She couldn’t let her go alone, not now that she knew how dangerous could be the worlds she’d still have to visit before being able to return home.

“Ok. Let’s go” she finally understood what was the right thing to do and put the Traveler around Kaoru’s wrist.

She wanted to do it fast, even if in her heart she wanted the machine to fail and be forced to stay there, but her finger didn’t dare to press the button. Seeing that, Ishikawa walked towards her and gave Yossi one last kiss, while her hand was searching the taller’s hand.

“Thank you” said Rika before letting her go “At least, we finally can say goodbye”

Yossi felt Ishikawa’s finger over hers just a second before the girl moved away. Then, it was all white again.

“It’s a pitty…”
“What?” asked Kaorin turning to her leader.
“She was really good with the sword…” then Nakazawa turned to Rika and Aya who were still looking at the spot where the travellers had been just seconds ago “You two are ok?”

The youngers stared at each other for a moment and then nodded at Yuko.

“We’ll be ok” answered Rika with a sad smile “At least we know she’s alive”
“Oh, talking about that… Aya, how’s…?”
“I think she’ll live” Aya rolled her eyes remembering her little conversation with Fujimoto and replied the leader guessing what Nakazawa was going to ask “She ask me to give you a message”
“What?”
“Seventeen”

Everbody, even Aya, didn’t have a clue about what that message could mean but Yuko began to laugh out loud.

“That deserves a party!”

To be continued...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I know... a lot of people must be thinking.. 'a party? after a battle like that where people died?' Yes, a party, 'cause Miki's alive and she's Yuko XDD. What better than that to forget a little the sorrow for their lost?

well, when i'll come back you'll have a brand new world to discover XD (and I'll make the index again and add titles to each world :P)

Offline katatsumuri

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #278 on: May 01, 2007, 08:11:12 AM »
Am I the only one who feels sad to see Yossi leave this current world?  :-[

“Thank you” said Rika before letting her go “At least, we finally can say goodbye”

This line really gets me...  :depressed:

Enjoy your trip to Japan.  ;)

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #279 on: May 01, 2007, 08:17:05 AM »
Ahh, so this ends this arc of the story. Where to next, I wonder? Hmmm.

Will be anticipating the next installment when you get back. <3 XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: LOVE CRESCENDO - RIFLE GIRL