JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Alones - Aqua Timez

Author Topic: The SNSD General Discussion Thread  (Read 1836118 times)

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
Re: The SNSD General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6780 on: September 30, 2014, 03:25:34 AM »
What the hell?  DID JESSICA GET BOOTED FROM SNSD?! This is as big as big than Ai-bon getting kicked out of MM!

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #6781 on: September 30, 2014, 05:08:18 AM »
Man what the hell is going on? My friend told me the news and I immediately rushed to the news sites.

I really love Jessica's voice.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #6782 on: September 30, 2014, 05:23:53 AM »
Right now it's a lot of hearsay. We can only wait.

I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6783 on: September 30, 2014, 07:21:30 AM »
It's official. GG will continue as 8

SM Entertainment has finally released an official statement regarding the controversy with Girls’ Generation member Jessica.

It said, ” This spring, due to her personal situation, Jessica said she would stop group activities after one more album. Despite Jessica’s sudden statement, Jessica and the Girls’ Generation members continued to work hard and carefully think over so that the team can continue to work in the best direction.”

SM continued, “However, recently with Jessica starting her fashion business while there was a lack of specific mediation regarding the interests and prioritization of Girls’ Generation’s activities, a situation has been reached where the team cannot be maintained, despite continued discussion.”

SM concluded, “As such, we could only pull up the plan for Girls’ Generation’s activities as 8 members, and while we were discussing the timing of the announcement, Jessica wrote the message in her own perspective earlier today.”

SM ended with, “We plan to continue to support and manage Jessica’s individual activities and Girls’ Generation’s activities as 8 members.”

Offline AlbinoGhost27

« Reply #6784 on: September 30, 2014, 08:51:22 AM »
Jessica seems to be thoroughly confused/being forced out without consultation according to her own posts on weibo.

I get the impression it was as unexpected on her part as it was for everyone else when she got the news.

Quoted from: http://www.weibo.com/3547642417/Bpknsn8y8?mod=weibotime

"I was excited about our upcoming fan events only to shockingly be informed by my company and 8 others that as of today, I'm no longer a member. I'm devastated - my priority and love is to serve as a member of GG, but for no justifiable reason, I am being forced out."

Offline Thorin33

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6785 on: September 30, 2014, 11:53:34 AM »
2014 girl group breakup strikes again......
The situation is a huge mess. Both sides are saying they are surprised by each other. SM is starting to reach CCM levels. Kris, Sulli and now Jessica.... 
No one knows who is right but korean internet is on fire with everyone speculating.

Offline TaeyeonsCharm

« Reply #6786 on: September 30, 2014, 12:54:18 PM »
Omg. I'm crying. It cant be true. I don't know. Just.. Just.. Love her you know. GG's member or not doesn't matter she is still GG's sister. She is still our ice princess and oh my god... I don't know. I don't know what happening. I don't know....

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #6787 on: September 30, 2014, 01:59:20 PM »
That sucks. She's one of the main vocals.  What the hell was SM thinking?

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #6788 on: September 30, 2014, 03:01:09 PM »
*after learning about recent events......

:stunned:

WTF?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 :temper:

:tantrum:

:gyaaah:

:on cloudeye:

^ Pretty much sums up my emotions.

Still waiting for more info to come out. Part Most of me is in denial and wishing all of this is one huge misunderstanding.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #6789 on: October 01, 2014, 12:20:10 AM »
What the hell?  DID JESSICA GET BOOTED FROM SNSD?! This is as big as big than Ai-bon getting kicked out of MM!

This got me thinking. JPH!P was built for fans of Hello Project/Morning Musume/Jpop. We've seen stuff like this before. Hell, when the Jpop group Speed disbanded, I was not happy at all. A good part of it was because I never experienced something quite like that before. But after that, Aibon and Yaguchi Mari leaving MM, when all this Jessica news dropped I was bummed along with everyone else. But, it didn't hit me as hard.

So I'm curious on newer fans to Asian Pop/Kpop. How are you feeling? How are you dealing with this? Please don't think I am in any way ignoring or dismissing your feelings on the matter. Cause hell, Jessica is one of my favorites in the group, and to not have here there lessens what SNSD can do musically, and diminishes how entertaining they are on variety shows and the like. I love when Jessica got paired up with Gary on those Running Man episodes.

I know that in recent years we've seen Kara change out members, T-ara have their own clusterfuck of a situation, and the Wonder Girls are no longer around. But one can make the easy argument that SNSD helped usher in this modern era of Kpop, and era we are still in, as evidenced by how shocking all this is. SNSD has always been either top overall Kpop group, or at least top 3.

So to the newer fans, please share how you are feeling about this. Cause having this conversation is important. This reveals the dirty business aspect of this Asian pop scene we all love, and as much as we try to ignore it, when it rears its ugly head like this, we don't have a choice but to think about it.

Crap, I think I'm gonna go rewatch those SNSD episodes of Running Man.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline strider_mark27

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6790 on: October 01, 2014, 03:32:32 AM »
I am bummed as well. Jessica being my most favorite member of SNSD has made the news much heavier to bear. I am contemplating right now if I am going to be a fan/follower of SNSD when they are now only 8. I will still be following Jessica, but, will her exposure lessen since she is now out of the group? I would think so. Even now I am sad of what has happened. With all of the posts about Jessica's departure, I am all with you about being sad and teary about this situation. This is just sad.

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6791 on: October 01, 2014, 04:08:00 AM »
Official Statement from Jessica
Quote from: allkpop

"Hello. This is Jessica.

I was given a notice of departure from Girls' Generation by the agency on September 29, and I cannot hide my shocked and upset heart about this, so I'm here to reveal my position.

I have always put Girls' Generation's activities before my business or personal life as a member of Girls' Generation. However, despite my efforts for the team, I have been asked to leave the team by the agency.

While I was planning my business that I've had a lot of interest in since before, I had sufficiently consulted SM as well as the members about my preparation many times and asked for their understanding.

Up until the beginning of August when I was launching 'BLANC', I had received agreement and permission from SM, and congratulations from the members as well.

However, in early September, after only a month since the launching, the members suddenly changed their position and held a meeting, and told me to either quit my business or leave Girls' Generation without any justifiable reason.
I explained that I had already received permission from the agency, that I had never neglected Girls' Generation's activities, and that I could not suddenly halt my business due to my contract with my business partner after a month.
Ultimately, I pleaded that it was unjust for me to have to make a choice. Becoming a Girls' Generation member was the best thing in my life, and I had never thought about quitting.

Shocked about this, I had met with the agency CEO on September 16 to convey my position, and once again confirmed their permission for carrying out my business.

However, on September 29, I was given a one-sided notice asking me to leave Girls' Generation. Due to this, I was also unable to attend the fan meeting in China on September 30, and I have also been excluded from following Girls' Generation activities.

I have received great pain and cannot hide my sadness that I was asked by the agency and fellow members, whom I've spent 15 years with putting in all my passion and effort, to leave Girls' Generation just because of the reason that I'm starting a business.

I also want to apologize for causing concern to all the fans. Please understand that this situation is not at all what I had wanted, and that I've always treasured Girls' Generation, and that I will continue to do so. Thank you for always supporting and loving me.

Sincerely,
Jessica

Translation credit: allkpop

DAMN.......this getting interesting. So seems like SNSD is to blame for Jessica's leave. But of course there are two sides of the story, and who knows if we'll get the other sides story. SM was quite vague on their statement, and I'd like to hear what the snsd members have to say. Still disappointing that Jessica had to leave just because she wanted to do her own thing.

Offline sykophantom

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6792 on: October 01, 2014, 08:28:50 AM »
from what i've read [every single article posted]
Seems that its partially Jung Soo Yeon's fault as well.
You start as 9, you end as 9.
Other members also have their own plans, its just that they prioritize SNSD as their main focus, their own personal plans come second.

Sadly, SooYeon didnt do it that way.
She's SOOOOOO into the damn basket Tyler 'dick-of-a-fella' Kwon and prioritize her own stuff rather than putting SNSD as her top priority which what made her famous in the first place.
Honestly, without SNSD, i bet NOBODY even knows who the hell Jessica Jung Soo Yeon is.

So, when the members actually asked "which do you prioritize more, your own dreams or SNSD?"
She SHOULD have chosen SNSD. Every other thing comes second.
Good example is Seohyun and MiYoung. BOTH have other dreams and plans to do besides SNSD.
But do they come out of the closet and say "I want to get married and start my own business"?

HELLNAW! They still can manage to do their own business and STILL be active as a SNSD member.
I dont see why not Jessica cant do the same =.="

all in all, i seriously REALLY hope that Jessica would think twice [maybe more than that] and rejoin SNSD until all members decide to call it quits.
You start out as 9, you end as 9.
Without 9, SNSD is nothing.

and that Tyler *beep* Kwon "hopefully" can convince her to rejoin back SNSD [which i seriously doubt he would]
But if he does, ITS A MIRACLE!!!!

XD

sry for my long rant but thats what i think of Jessica JungSooYeon right now.

Offline lonelee

« Reply #6793 on: October 01, 2014, 12:23:17 PM »
actually the only thing don't make sense to me is if there is already so much issue why sign the re-contract since there's already problems surfacing since last year :? :? :?

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #6794 on: October 04, 2014, 05:53:31 AM »
Honestly I had heard the birdies rumbling about Jessica leaving for months now so it's not a huge surprise. It sounds like it didn't happen the way expected though since people in the know were saying it was being planned for and going to be a happy thing (going to school, getting married something along those lines). In any case Jessica probably should have kept it behind closed doors for the good of everyone. Hopefully they can at least be on good terms with each other and maybe get back together in some way in the future.

Offline sykophantom

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6795 on: December 20, 2014, 02:11:26 AM »

Offline strider_mark27

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6796 on: December 22, 2014, 10:32:31 AM »

Offline sykophantom

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6797 on: March 23, 2015, 02:28:29 PM »
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 03:10:56 PM by sykophantom »

Offline huana

• ecchi
« Reply #6798 on: April 06, 2015, 06:20:58 PM »
are they having a new album out soon? can't wait, saw their performance recently, epiccc!!!

Offline Thorin33

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6799 on: April 06, 2015, 07:18:33 PM »
Apparently catch me if you can is gonna be a japanese and korean dual release but I am not sure if they are gonna be promoting in korea though. Fingers crossed.

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Alones - Aqua Timez