JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ketsumeishi - Sakura

Author Topic: The SNSD General Discussion Thread  (Read 1838734 times)

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
Re: [KOR]So Nyuh Shi Dae... SM's 9 Member Girl Group
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2007, 06:09:33 AM »
tama - They should bring Sunny along. She has a good voice. SuHyun isn't even that young, I mean the rest are from 17-18. And there have been news reports that some of them are actually OLDER than that. So age shouldn't really matter why she would be part of the LEAD vocals...

I think it's more of her personality that is young. They say YoonA is the innocent and naive one, but I feel that that is SeoHyun (Yoona can be such a joker at times...a lot of times actually). SeoHyun looks like the type that would do anything you said, the type that get picked on by her seniors a lot. XD
I think that, at the end, it's about how they want to present the girls. To me, I see TaeYeon, Jess, Tiff and SeoHyun as the vocalists; HyoYeon, Yuri and YoonA as the dancers; and SooYoung and Sunny as the characters. Not that they aren't good at other things. Sunny is a good dancers and I think SooYoung is a good dancer too, but the things about them that stand out the most are their personalities to me.

haha, I really love their American Accents, (Did they ever live in the States?)

I think they both went to school in the US. Tiff was born there? Don't know about Jess.

Pinkosa, I'll leave it, don't worry. :) We're thinking about making a SNSD download thread in the Asshole, too, so many I won't delete anything (unless I have to).
I had to google which one was Eunhyuk. :lol: And, wow, the best dancers from both groups, eh?

Woot, this thread is getting more people! Beat AKB to the subforum, guys! XD

Offline BeLLisima

• Member+
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2007, 06:49:42 AM »
^ Jess move to korea when she was 10yrs old if Im not wrong mmm she also said while she was still a trainee she took a part time job as an english tutor ^^

thunderduck hahaha why SNSD has Risa seal of approval?

Tiff well no doubt she grew up there hahahaa she just moved to korea like 3,5yrs ago

SNSD - SBS FM Radio funny cut [2007.11.20]

^
A MUST SEE!!!!! OMG they all sooo HILARIOUS hahaha
Taeyeon wants to make Jess-Tiff kiss each other XD Taeyeonie sooo naughty!!!!! and OMG Jessica soooo beautiful here so does Tiffany she's soo hyper hahaha

Hyoyeon & Stephanie CSJH Dance PRactice at MKMF 2007

^
I love the interaction between them^^

Yoona Fell a sleep on the set of Starking

credits:leesungmin_x3@ambn

Ava+Siggy by heygingersnap+kamisaka @ AMBN^^

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2007, 08:28:52 AM »
DO Me - WHOA. I just got into XMAN a few weeks back and try to watch as many as the old ones that I can. But it's canceled?! I thought they were still going!
Well that's what my sisters told me anyway. I think StarKing came after that. But Geez, those shows take forever huh? One hour for the first half and then the next weekend finish with an hour of the 2nd half. But I loved them though.
About comparisons... Honestly, I think SNSD has more talanted people arts wise. Probably cuz they train longer. I know MM has their share of talent, but I've noticed through my Kpop experiance that vocally and dance wise, Koreans excell more. But lyrically, Koreans have sadder music and Japanese have more poetic music. That's how I view it.
Both groups have their share of funny people, though their humor is very different.
Because I'm so used to pairings, I still can't believe SNSD doesn't have a solid pairing!!!!! ;[ So I think I will make up my own and believe in SooYoung + TaeYun = SooYun
Morning Musume is conservative personality wise, SNSD is more wild and crazy. But Morning Musume is more showy, clothes wise, and SNSD is more conservative. Take for example how Koreans don't even have photobooks, but Japanese do and it's filled with bikinis. This may be because of culture and fashion differences though. But i agree with Shi, it does seem like acting after a while. Probably why I think SNSD is more wild and crazy compared to MM. Also agree on the fact that MM isn't even soley based on talent, but more on entertaining. I'm fine with that, and usually I'm not (like with Rain, Super Junior,Koda Kumi) only beacuse they have had a few talents before. I guess that's why it irks me too see Tsunku choose the ones that need more work because he wants to have fun or have a challenge. Honestly, if this weren't in Japan, I don't think it would have worked out as well.
Couldn't have said it better myself  :D That's one of the reasons why I've started leaning towards Korean pop culture. They just seem to have alot of different things and they present themselves better without making you feel embarrassed or uncomfortable for liking them. hehe I still love J-stuff though.
Unstoppable Marriage Sooyoung-Yuri Cut (Yuri did the Matrix move XD)

they're so funny together :lol: I like that game of trying to push the other off balance. Speaking of pairings, these two work quite well together but as someone mentioned it's really hard to find a solid pairing, they all seem to bond together in different ways and it works. :P

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2007, 08:44:32 AM »

WTH, these girls are nuts. XD They always got so crazy at radio shows.
And this was from yesterday? Yesterday, they performed at this tennis event, then there was a fansigning event, then this radio show? After all those works and they were still so hyper?

It's official. These girls are on drugs.

Offline BeLLisima

• Member+
« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2007, 09:29:40 AM »
^ hahaha on drugs hahaha yeah I think sumthing hit their head when they were a child XD

Taeyeonie soooo crazy hahaha she covered her face
And jessica look soooo adorable when she change her face expression^^

Tiffany hahaha how could she's not hyper when there's dorky gal bsides her...yeah Taeyeon...what a leader huh XD

yuri and sooyoung they're soooo hilarious in that sitcom tho I love them there hahaha they need more airtime^^

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2007, 09:39:57 AM »
OMFG SO MANY REPLIES XD Good job, everybody, lol

I guess I've decided on a top 4 for now... Jessica, Yoona, Yuri and TaeYeon XD But I also love all the others... It's madness~

Did someone watched the MKMF Awards? HyoYeon impressed everyone and she was cheered by the CSJH/THZX girls~ Honestly, I expected alot from the other girls, but woaaaah, that was seriously Hyoyeon's night.
I think I saw some clips, and yeah... HyoYeon was AWESOME :D

I wonder, how long did it take for you guys to learn their names? Haha, I remember learning all the past MM members names with the current ones took me like 2 weeks (that's because they were my first asian girl group). I knew about SNSD (since I'm a Kpop news writer) but when I finally accepted them as singers, it took me 4 days to learn their names, but weeks to decipher who the look alikes were (YuRi and YoonA).
P.S. How do you know SooYoung is cracking jokes? Do they sub the radio shows now?
For me it took about two days, but I gotta say I really really tried hard to learn them. Like I'd go through their profiles one by one and practiced by looking at group pictures :lol: It was the first time I was learning Korean names so it was difficult at first! (I still don't know their full names, though... Haven't tried to learn them)

Yuri and Yoona took a bit longer for me, too... XD

And the SooYoung thing: I was basing it on her subbed MTV episode (part 1??), the one at AMBN forums :3

Jessica: "Ah, It's fine, I don't really care".
Tiffany (in the bg): "Actually no, it's not fine, you're late
Man, I'm so THRILLED that two of them speak English (and one of them is my fave)!! Gets me excited every time I hear English from them... I'm so used to those J-idols who can barely introduce themselves in English...

shirenu hahahaha Nooo I dun want SNSD gals wearing bikini >.< I like them coz they dun try to get ppl attention that way,can u imagine how ppl gonna bash them if they wear bikini =___=
I don't want them to wear bikini, either :lol: Well not unless there's a good reason, which... I can't really think of now... LOL!

I liked it that even in the sexiest perf that I saw by them so far they were fully clothed, I mean, wearing jeans and jackets and stuff... It shows that they can be sexy even without showing lots of skin, which is cool. Approved by shirenu! (I think this was the latest perf that tama-chan linked here... Thanks ^_^)

I love this radio stuff!! They're so funny and crazy!! Even Jessica joined in, and omg, she was so cute and beautiful :lol: And TaeYeon... Haha... Man... How do they think of all this stuff!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2007, 09:56:06 AM »
Oh yeah, I forgot to ask about Yuri & SooYoung's sitcom.

I saw some clips and they were so funny. Their characters were so cartoon-y.

I just read that there's a subbed version of the first ep, is it worth downloading? I have a feeling that the girls have very little airtime, but is the story overall fun to watch?

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2007, 10:47:29 AM »
modesta have u listen Tiff interview with Isak in English?

No, is it funny?   lol
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2007, 12:35:56 PM »
I want to see Tiffany in a bikini.  Random, SNSD statement.

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2007, 03:05:05 PM »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 03:14:58 PM by tama-chan »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2007, 03:18:42 PM »
Jessica looks like a movie star in the white dress  :mon inluv: :mon angel:

(I just wanted to use different smilies for a change XD )

EDIT: HOly crap, more pictures!! Tama you rule!!!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2007, 03:28:07 PM »
Whaaaa!! They look so perrty! :luvluv2: Thank you Tama!

Now thunderduck made a good statement. And if we gon' get to see Tif in a bikini, then I want TaeYeon to be right next to her in one aswell. kthx? :farofflook:
[/url]

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2007, 05:12:51 PM »
I'm bored coz there's no new perf today. XD

Yoona <3

Offline Pinkosa

• (:
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2007, 05:46:29 PM »
You guys seriously write a lot. I can't keep track ROFL.

^^YoonA <3333333

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2007, 11:23:13 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot to ask about Yuri & SooYoung's sitcom.

I saw some clips and they were so funny. Their characters were so cartoon-y.

I just read that there's a subbed version of the first ep, is it worth downloading? I have a feeling that the girls have very little airtime, but is the story overall fun to watch?
well I have to say Korean tv shows/dramas >> Japanese tv shows/dramas

My sisters and I scanned through the first ep. unsubbed and found it funny. I think since we already know who several other people in the drama are that's why we find it interesting. The guy who SooYoung and Yuri are after is the bass player from a band called F.T. Island who my sisters love, and other actors came from other dramas or music groups. Still I think it'll be funny to watch despite the little airtime SooYoung and Yuri have in it. Plus the sitcom was adapted from the movie version (which also starred the 2 main actors of the sitcom) so it has to be good. :D

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2007, 12:19:49 AM »
Citra-unni, I decided not to download the radio shows, cuz I'd go crazy. Instead I'll download all the other stuff like their MTV things and their long interviews that are subbed. And thanks for the song, those are my TWO FAVORITE songs from the album <3~
I guess it's because I haven't seen all these shows yet, but you guys make it sound like SooYoung is so crazy funny (but not like TaeYun's crazy funny, cuz no one tops her)! I haven't seen any of it, but I can't wait to see the different side of SooYoung that I haven't seen her yet. I already love her, and I think she's decided that she's my favorite.
I'm so happy that they got to act in a drama. SOOYOUNG<3 LOL the drama is so weird! (Isn't there a movie with the same title?). I looked  on d-addicts.... THE SERIES WILL BE SUBBED! Oh man, I'm gonna run out of so much room~(>>wait, I don't even have room to begin with! that's why i haven't downloaded anything...<<).
LOL! I love the funny clip on the radio show. TaeYun is so cute, knowing how to move and everything. Tiffany is so shy~ I can't get enough of TaeYun's craziness, what a dork <3

Tama, I saw two clips of the MTV SNSD thing where they visit the member's houses. YoonA did seem very much like a child as she didn't want to clean, she got a thorn stuck in her clothes (I think it was) and etc. I just see SuHyun as quiet. XD that's it. Just...quiet. I think you're right about everyone's role though. But I still like to think YoonA is sort of like the face, if not, the promoter of the group. Girl is EVERYwhere.
Really?! A download thread? Is that gonna have all their subbed stuff and what not that came from AMBN?
And is there really a subbed episode of the sitcom? D-addicts is usually the first to sub new dramas, and they have already planned to sub it but not started yet.

Do Me, that's sad... Now how am I ever gonna see Yoon Eun Hye and Kim Jong Kook together if it's not on XMAN?! ;___;
I can't believe you understood that. I got lost reading it myself... I switch back and forth on topics too much XD EXACTLY! At first, I was always embarrassed about Jpop, especially MM. There were a few that I would show off of course, but MM was the one I would most definitely hide. They weren't as poppy as PERFUME, but they weren't as talented as Angela Aki.
I have to agree, even though I understand Japanese, watching  something in Korean (which I don't understand much at all) is probably still as good, but more entertaining. It may not be as funny at times, but the way they talk is so cool!

shi well it took me 2 or three days to learn and memorize names and put them on some faces. But to remember it all without cheating took me about a week or two.
MTV episode (part 1??) WAs the one about visiting houses and what not, right?
I wouldn't want to see them showing much at all either. I doubt they would go so far as such. Korea is still somewhat conservative. They had a law on not being allowed to wear miniskirts! Some still did though, and if caught, were fined. But now, I think they lifted that law this year or last year. Even so, the styles are still cute or really urban cool. I still like Japan's style as well, but I find mine starting to blend in with American and Korean styles.
All you have to remember about Korean names is the last name is usually only one sylable and the names are two. Even if it's American, it's still two sylables. Like Jessica, Tiffany, Eugene - which is the American version of Yoo Jin/YooJin. (some people romanize them together or apart. If BoA's were apart though, it'd HAVE be Bo Ah, but together, it can still be BoAh. YoonA is supposed to be YoonAh/Yoon Ah, but because it's together, you can drop the h. Eo can become u, but Eu stays Eu and is pronounced differently. In some cases, people romanize OO as u, but OO will never be an O because they are pronounced differently. There are words with double constants and are different from words with only single constants of the same letter - but for names, they only usually use double vowels, usually OO).

Besides TaeYun's voice, I'm very much into Tiffany's. I still very much like Sunny's as well. Hehe the leaders/eldest are always so short! Just like in KARA and Wonder Girls.

Sometimes it seems that TaeYun looks different in her pictures and on video. I prefer how she looks on video...

>><<

I think my tops would most definitely have to be SooYoung, Tiffany, and TaeYun based on personality and what not.

-Owaranai_sLaVe
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline BeLLisima

• Member+
« Reply #116 on: November 22, 2007, 01:27:36 AM »
modesta here's the links of the interview,it's only audio tho but Tiff sounds soooo cuuuuutttte she got no accent at all

part 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RsccOeRCUEY

Part 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rgdwWrs-900

shirenu hahaha yes they could besexy w/o showing much skin
dang just look at them in INTW outfit esp the white red one they all look HOT there rite XD Hot Cheerleader hahaha

Jessica in that white dress at MKMF look like Marlyn Monroe dont u think hohoho

I like when she slept during the shoot of MTV SNSD Hyoyeon hahaha she got this Cold look but then she got shy hahaha

Yuri and Yoona went crazy while Tiffany Yoona Seohyun fithing over a piano XD

maria Sooyoung is CRAZEEEEEEEYYYY everyone knows that hahaha but she also the wise one XD Gah I love when she start to fool around

SNSD "Behind the Story" at MKMF

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tcNfnkCb_bM&feature=user

^
Dont you just love them more and more ^^

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #117 on: November 22, 2007, 02:03:57 AM »
^Tiffany sounds almost like a valley girl, not that I was expecting to hear an accent. It's cute. :lol: And it's true when she said when you look at them they remind you of your friends because I do have a large group of girl friends and we act just like them, except we can't sing. XD
Do Me, that's sad... Now how am I ever gonna see Yoon Eun Hye and Kim Jong Kook together if it's not on XMAN?! ;___;
awww :lol: aren't they really going out? But Jong Kook is still doing his military service right now isn't he? Well I haven't kept up with the show but it said it was cancelled back in April.
I can't believe you understood that. I got lost reading it myself... I switch back and forth on topics too much XD EXACTLY! At first, I was always embarrassed about Jpop, especially MM. There were a few that I would show off of course, but MM was the one I would most definitely hide. They weren't as poppy as PERFUME, but they weren't as talented as Angela Aki.
I have to agree, even though I understand Japanese, watching  something in Korean (which I don't understand much at all) is probably still as good, but more entertaining. It may not be as funny at times, but the way they talk is so cool!
Exactly, when I try to get my friends into Asian things (even though we all are Asians :P) I always end up showing my Korean stuff cuz it's less embarassing than Japanese. XD I don't know how it ended up that way but they seem to enjoy Korean more. I like the way Koreans talk too, it almost sounds angry at times. :lol: But I still prefer to listen and read Japanese since I'm more familar with it even though I don't understand it much either.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #118 on: November 22, 2007, 02:24:05 AM »
Thanks for the videos, BeLLisima

For some reason,  I found it cute how Tiffany requested an Avril Lavigne song. I dont really like Avril though, except for some of her songs.

Anways, Tiffany is definitely my favorite member
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline BeLLisima

• Member+
« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2007, 03:22:58 AM »
SNSD Bows to other artists (CSJH,Wonder Girls,etc)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ypCDstAsjls

Credits:kuuto

^
They deff got manners

Do me Do me hahaha yeah but I really like tiff's voice it's mmm crunchy hahaha I dunno the exact word to describe it >.<
esp her laugh^^

modesta ur welcome^^ I think Tiff likes the lyrics of that song,well th lyric indeed good tho hahaha

I really like her unplugged on MTV SNSD Tiffany's Ep she's actually sounds good,well a bit shaky sumtimes but she has potential^^
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 04:30:08 AM by BeLLisima »

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ketsumeishi - Sakura